Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. (34607 Views)

Multi-Billion Naira Lithium Processing Plant In Nasarawa State (Photos) / MKO Abiola Inspecting His Shops Under Construction (Throwback Photo) / Kano People Swimming In Ganduje's Underpass That Is Under Construction (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by JB4life: 8:03am On Jan 14, 2023
Nigeria is super blessed .

Our problem is blind " leaders" .leading the visionary ones to nowhere.

When I travelled to my village during Christmas and New Year celebration this year, I spent about three weeks at home ,without " NEPA" light, yet enjoying uninterrupted power supply for lightings at night, charging my Android and other phones,charging my Torchlight and my radio,etc all by SOLAR POWER , made possible through silicon-based solar panel and lithium-based battery.

Lithium and silicon which are so abundant in Nigeria are really the new oil.

To God be the glory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by pandax: 8:10am On Jan 14, 2023
Simeonjoe1:

If it's FG attracted investment YES but if na kaduna state attract them come the NO the money is kaduna own alone with little share to FG

Solid Mineral is in exclusive list, just like oil and gas ooo

1 Like

Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by Goldensword: 8:24am On Jan 14, 2023
Racoon:
What an achievement for Nigeria as we may start producing nuclear warheads. However, the location of this facility in bandits and BH ebclave is a big negative.
Lithium is not uranium, lithium is mainly used for producing a good quality batteries for electric cars.

1 Like

Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by Gabbriell: 8:57am On Jan 14, 2023
Wiseandtrue:
As usual, it will be for Kaduna people while oyel will be for Nigeria!
Modified:

Where was oyel mostly found before Buhari included northerners in their board undecided

Una hypocrisy smell to the highest heavens

grin grin grin C frustrations

Take care bro
Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by pocom35: 9:30am On Jan 14, 2023
COMPAQ:

Most American companies will struggle to do business in Nigeria because of the restrictions their governments put in for how they conduct business in fantastically corrupt countries like Nigeria.

The Chinese on the other hand have no issues with settling. Reality is even me as a Nigerian I will struggle to choose Nigeria over Rwanda,SA, Namibia,Botswana etc for a plant. Nigeria issues are just too many. Let me lost them for your:

Massive bureaucracy.
Inefficient ports
Corrupt police
Bad roads
Organized crime
Incompetent government
Policy flip flop
Poor workforce
Low productivity
And many more

All of the mention above doesn't stop Tesla from mining and processing lithium locally same way it didn't stop them from selling their starlink in Nigeria

Despite all your mention Nigeria is the biggest partner to the US in the whole of Africa same with it friends in all other continents this warranting freedom for any of it companies to invest here at their calculated own risk.

2 Likes

Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by Waterbear(m): 10:20am On Jan 14, 2023
Ooohhh!!

But people wey get oil, to build refinery for dem dey hard us abi?

1 Like

Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by kafeii123: 11:22am On Jan 14, 2023
Pakute:
Forget about propaganda, wherever there's a massive amount of natural resources, investors would definitely come in with huge dollars, irrespective of banditry or skirmishes of terrorism in the area. SE cannot boast of half the FDI going into other regions, considering the height of Ipob terrorism that has blighted the region. If SE had any resources to boost, foreign investors would have been interested in the region.. Just an honest observation.

The south east aren't claiming to have mineral resources.. except for the oil in Imo.... They just want the freedom to carry out manufacturing and trade without unfavorable policies from the centre. E.g support them with roads... electricity...help them with a closer port for importation of parts and exports of products...decongest Lagos by building a nearby port for the southeast....and let them also thrive...

The south east actually also has lithium....Zinc...coal...and lead amongst others....so I'm sure if the insecurity and poor infrastructure is well handled...they will also develop well
Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by dami2boi(m): 11:39am On Jan 14, 2023
Nigeria Government refuse an offer to mine Lithium for export, this is a good step in the right direction but, why can't same measure be place on crude oil export after all Lithium is more expensive than crude oil
Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by Konquest: 11:54am On Jan 14, 2023
naptu2:
KADIPA @InvestKaduna

https://twitter.com/InvestKaduna/status/1613905758743154689
That's awesome Naptu2, value-addition is the way to maximize the true potentials of lithium and other valuable industrial minerals in the light of IMF's projection that one-third of the the countries of the world will experience full-blown recession in 2023.

NOTE: However, the tweet indicates that the lithium processing plant is located in Jos NOT Kaduna as indicated in your thread title and the NL front page.

Have a great weekend!
Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by naptu2: 11:56am On Jan 14, 2023
Konquest:

That's awesome Naptu2, value-addition is the way to maximize the true potentials of lithium and other valuable industrial minerals in the light of IMF's projection that one-third of the the countries of the world will experience full-blown recession in 2023.

NOTE: However, the tweet indicates that the lithium processing plant is located in Jos NOT Kaduna as indicated in your thread title and the NL front page.

Have a great weekend!

Mararaban Jos is a district in Kaduna.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by toxtimmy: 11:57am On Jan 14, 2023
mumu... today you go go native doctor god you dey serve for money ritual ... then the next dey you go go church to go tell the god you claim you dey serve at church to punish another human being.. lol..you deserve the day and life you have.

ShaqFu:
may God punish you.
Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by COMPAQ(m): 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2023
pocom35:

All of the mention above doesn't stop Tesla from mining and processing lithium locally same way it didn't stop them from selling their starlink in Nigeria

Despite all your mention Nigeria is the biggest partner to the US in the whole of Africa same with it friends in all other continents this warranting freedom for any of it companies to invest here at their calculated own risk.

The only reason why Nigeria is the largest trading partner in Africa for many western countries is oil. Take oil out and you will see that the western world doesn't do a lot in Nigeria compared to other African countries. The size of oil masks a lot of indices.

P&G invested a huge amount of money in Nigeria like 5 years ago to produce diapers and pads. Due to frustration from Nigerian agencies they shut it down in like 3 years and took a hit on their books. The list of companies who have shut down in Nigeria in 20 years is far more than those that have come in. Let me list some of those who have exited for you

Michelin
Dunlop
Bata
Lennards
ShopRite
Exide battery
PEP
Woolworths
Game
And many more I can't remember

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjuuMCc9sb8AhUeRKQEHVviAGwQFnoECA0QAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanguardngr.com%2F2009%2F07%2F820-manufacturing-companies-close-down-in-9-years-man%2Famp%2F&usg=AOvVaw0dzk2EM32I3T3_5jeh6KJc

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjuuMCc9sb8AhUeRKQEHVviAGwQFnoECAoQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fpunchng.com%2Fover-50-companies-shut-down-over-forex-power-crises-investigation%2F%3Famp&usg=AOvVaw0hWxzNI08P5ZhPKA5B9hqf

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by Konquest: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2023
naptu2:

Mararaban Jos is a district in Kaduna.
Okay, this "Jos" is a district in
Kaduna State... Thanks for the insights.

Great thread!

2 Shares

Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by Perfectbeing(m): 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2023
El Rufai for President after Tinubu's tenure in 2031
Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by touchLife: 12:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
This is a welcome development, artisan miners are already making it big in lithium exploration. I’m into the business and it seem promising. I can be your guide if your are looking to tap into this new gold.
Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by vikstandon(m): 3:28pm On Jan 14, 2023
Never allow them to take away the raw (crude) mineral resource.

It must be turned to finished product, branded and sold as made in Nigeria.

That's how a nation develops... and aids it's populace.

1 Like

Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by Karlifate: 4:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
shocked cheesy

Good development.
Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by Karlifate: 4:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
Perfectbeing:
El Rufai for President after Tinubu's tenure in 2031

Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by Gozac: 4:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
Pakute:
Forget about propaganda, wherever there's a massive amount of natural resources, investors would definitely come in with huge dollars, irrespective of banditry or skirmishes of terrorism in the area. SE cannot boast of half the FDI going into other regions, considering the height of Ipob terrorism that has blighted the region. If SE had any resources to boost, foreign investors would have been interested in the region.. Just an honest observation.
SE has sound, educated, productive human resources
Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by ImperialYoruba: 7:02pm On Jan 14, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

You dey find developers trouble? grin

grin grin
Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by Raheeqilmaktoom: 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2023
brandsoncharlie:

Don’t be blind, is it only bridges he built in all of his projects.
What about health care centers and roads networks in suburbs of rivers state among other's.
Derivations funds was paid by fg, he declared it , other's in South South hid it to loot.

What I am saying is with N350b and above, you show be aiming for real, tangible and impactful projects, even the bridges he did are not that bad, but with such amounts, Rivers should be at the forefront of restructuring itself economically, but like all mediocre Nigerian leaders, he chose the easy way out.

8 years or more from today and Rivers people will regret ever having this man at the helm of affairs. Rivers should be doing double of what akwa Ibom is doing but let's hail bridges and pepper the enemies. grin
Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by Truthshscrazy: 6:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nice one
Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by Kfed4ril(m): 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2023
Ttalk:

See the positives and deal with the negatives

What I want to know is if the lithium mining is under the Federal Government or Kaduna state government?
Re: First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna. by naptu2: 7:06pm On Jan 23, 2023
Kfed4ril:

What I want to know is if the lithium mining is under the Federal Government or Kaduna state government?

naptu2:
There is a lesson in this thread, but if you search through Twitter and check the thread, you'll notice that many people have not learnt the lesson.

First Lithium Processing Plant In Nigeria Under Construction In Kaduna.
https://www.nairaland.com/7523789/first-lithium-processing-plant-nigeria

This is the lesson:

There are many sectors in Nigeria that are in the exclusive list in the constitution. This means that they are the exclusive preserve of the Federal Government. For a long time many people assumed that this means that state governments cannot get involved in these sectors, but that is not true.

Bola Tinubu constantly demonstrated this when he was governor. There are many things that people assumed were only reserved for the Federal Government, but his government got involved in those things. Power generation, port construction, airport construction, refinery, etc.

You see, all the state government needs to do is to bring in a private/foreign company to invest in the sector and then they need to get a license from the Federal Government. The Federal Government wants to make money and they want development, so they will go along with the project (although in some rare cases they might sabotage the project, just like the AES Barge power project in Lagos).

Some people are asking why the oil in Rivers is for Nigeria while the lithium in Kaduna is for Kaduna. Well, read this article, the chairman of the Kaduna Internal Revenue Service stated clearly that mining is on the exclusive list and the only way that Kaduna State can take part in mining lithium is to set up a mining company and get a license from the Federal Government. Has the Rivers State Government set up an oil company and applied to get mining licenses from the Federal Government?

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/kaduna-govt-set-to-explore-revenue-potential-of-solid-minerals/

This issue keeps coming up every time and the answer is always the same. People asked the same question when it was announced that a gold refinery was being established in Osun and the answer then was exactly the same.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

First Look: How Nigeria May Decide - ThisDay / Davido Is My Favourite Artiste - Osinbajo Chose Davido Over Wizkid / Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.