Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki (34589 Views)

Charges Against Sambo Dasuki Can’t Be Consolidated, Says Court / Paden: Buhari Has Incriminating Evidence To Jail Jonathan / SSS Finds Incriminating Evidence Against Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 19, 2015
Goodmorning all, I woke up this morning to read an article where the DSS attempted to justify their siege on the residence of Sambo Dasuki and tagged it "criminating evidence" https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-found-incriminating-evidence-dasukis-residence-says-sss
The DSS even went on to say that before embarking on the exercise, they had “credible intelligence linking Dasuki with alleged plans to commit treasonable felony against the Nigerian State.”

Let us take a look at their "incriminating evidence"

1. Sambo Dasuki Had Army Guards
Gentlemen, please recall that SAMBO retired from the Army as a Colonel, and therefore not entitled to have military guards, if not for the fact he was NSA. Even as NSA, such guards should have been withdrawn after his removal as NSA since he would not have been entitled.
Now does this make sense? As NSA, Sambo Dasuki was assigned military guards by the Defence Headquarters and not by himself. It is the duty of the Defence Headquarter to order for the withdrawal of the guard IF they insist that Sambo Dasuki is not entitled to maintain such guards as exNSA. In fact, this doesn't stand as "incriminating evidence".

2. Seven "High Calibre" Rifles Recovered
The search was thoroughly conducted, and several items recovered, among which were some incriminating items. These include seven (7) high caliber rifles, (high assault weapons), several magazines and military related gears.
Dasuki Sambo was NSA for the periods 2012 and July 2015. His position as NSA makes him "enemy" to some people. Having Seven rifles with him for his personal protection is not out of place. Is it not silly to reason that a man who plans to topple the State will only have just Seven (7) rifles? It was even clear that the DSS have no idea whether the rifles were licensed to him or given to him by the appropriate authorities. How does this appear incriminating?

3. 12 Cars Recovered
The team also recovered twelve (12) new vehicles, out of which five (5) were bullet proofs. These vehicles which are all exotic vehicles were retrieved from SAMBO’s residence having failed to produce evidence of ownership. For instance, what could he be doing with five (5) bullet proof cars as a retired NSA?. These cars which from all available evidence were purchased with tax payers money, were being kept for possible sinister enterprise.
The DSS found 12 cars of which 5 are bullet proof. So how does this translate to planned treason? Sambo was the NSA for more than three years, he was retired on Tuesday with "immediate effect". Do they expect him (Sambo) to return everything on Wednesday when his retirement was impromptu? This is a common sense question. The proper thing for the DSS to do is to write him to return all State properties at his disposal. This is because he will need time(at least 4-7 days) to audit properties with him, know which is personal and which belongs to the State and then submit handover note along with the properties. Why will the case of Sambo Dasuki be different? He was fired on Tuesday, the DSS got Search warrant on Wednesday, and accused/searched him on Thursday. Beside, that he even admitted that the Cars were properties of the State shows that he wasn't bent on personalising State properties and he never used State's resources to buy properties for himself.

Please also note the phrase "possible sinister enterprise" in the emboldened statement. Isn't that a pointer that the DSS never had any "crdible intelligence" in the first instance-contrary to their earlier claim?

The DSS and the Buhari government should tell Nigerians the truth and stop the deliberate deceit. I urge Sambo Dasuki to seek redress in the court of law.

May God Bless Us All

215 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by Rilwayne001: 9:15am On Jul 19, 2015

67 Likes

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by powerfulsettingz: 9:15am On Jul 19, 2015
Following
Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:15am On Jul 19, 2015
I didn't have to read your write up. they're shiit, as usual!

171 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by podosci(m): 9:16am On Jul 19, 2015
A judge of a court of law signed the search warrant the DSS used to search his house, which redress is Dasuki going to seek?

34 Likes

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by francizy(m): 9:17am On Jul 19, 2015
Barcanister the best political analyst in Nigeria! You are more intelligent than all APC politicians, aids, supporters combined... grin

200 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 19, 2015
podosci:
A judge of a court of law signed the search warrant the DSS used to search his house, which redress is Dasuki going to seek?
That should be left to the judge to decide BUT it isn't the subject of discussion.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by gabe15(m): 9:21am On Jul 19, 2015
oky
Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by Mufasa1805(m): 9:22am On Jul 19, 2015
You are not alone... Pele

1 Like

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by daniska3yaro(m): 9:22am On Jul 19, 2015
Dasuki was the Nsa of the republic of nigeria nt a politician,his own personal salary as well can fetch him bullet proof vehicles annually y u guys acting childish,7rifles for Godsake,has dasuki turn to a god that will protect himself from attack bt he need protection too his human.so the should withdraw all the security around because he jus step down is tuesday,while the same enemy that he try to destroy are still out there and getting stronger is days sef,this just a pure conspiracy game being play out and still he wasn't wanted by any corruption agencies,he has being pure from day one,pls dss should please learn from police how to cook stories,gaskiya all what dss said is baseless,doesn't makesense at all.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by podosci(m): 9:23am On Jul 19, 2015
I am trying to poin out, DSS acted on legal grounds to search his property, He should be in Prison for resisting but because he is a high profile citizen he is still working free, if it is me or you that resisted, the DSS would have shut us dead

23 Likes

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by StOla: 9:24am On Jul 19, 2015
Defender!

You are not known to advocate for anything noble.

I won't even waste my words trying to have a debate on your analysis. I was already expecting your post.

You have become so predictable, I should begin to wager bets here on this forum.

I think it's time to call your minions for their supporting comments.

Sai Baba!

Please fire on with your responsible governance. Many have never known what it feels like to have a patriot as president.

Infact they are scared a Nigeria that works is a Nigeria that would not be favourable to them and their pay masters.

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:25am On Jul 19, 2015
Kk
Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by byteHead(m): 9:25am On Jul 19, 2015
barcanista:
Goodmorning all, I woke up this morning to read an article where the DSS attempted to justify their siege on the residence of Sambo Dasuki and tagged it "criminating evidence" https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-found-incriminating-evidence-dasukis-residence-says-sss
The DSS even went on to say that before embarking on the exercise, they had “credible intelligence linking Dasuki with alleged plans to commit treasonable felony against the Nigerian State.”

Let us take a look at their "incriminating evidence"

1. Sambo Dasuki Had Army Guards
Now does this make sense? As NSA, Sambo Dasuki was assigned military guards by the Defence Headquarters and not by himself. It is the duty of the Defence Headquarter to order for the withdrawal of the guard IF they insist that Sambo Dasuki is not entitled to maintain such guards as exNSA. In fact, this doesn't stand as "incriminating evidence".

2. Seven "High Calibre" Rifles Recovered

Dasuki Sambo was NSA for the periods 2012 and July 2015. His position as NSA makes him "enemy" to some people. Having Seven rifles with him for his personal protection is not out of place. Is it not silly to reason that a man who plans to topple the State will only have just Seven (7) rifles? It was even clear that the DSS have no idea whether the rifles were licensed to him or given to him by the appropriate authorities. How does this appear incriminating?

3. 12 Cars Recovered

The DSS found 12 cars of which 5 are bullet proof. So how does this translate to planned treason? Sambo was the NSA for more than three years, he was retired on Tuesday with "immediate effect". Do they expect him (Sambo) to return everything on Wednesday when his retirement was impromptu? This is a common sense question. The proper thing for the DSS to do is to write him to return all State properties at his disposal. This is because he will need time(at least 4-7 days) to audit properties with him, know which is personal and which belongs to the State and then submit handover note along with the properties. Why will the case of Sambo Dasuki be different? He was fired on Tuesday, the DSS got Search warrant on Wednesday, and accused/searched him on Thursday. Beside, that he even admitted that the Cars were properties of the State shows that he wasn't bent on personalising State properties and he never used State's resources to buy properties for himself.

Please also note the phrase "possible sinister enterprise" in the emboldened statement. Isn't that a pointer that the DSS never had any "crdible intelligence" in the first instance-contrary to their earlier claim?

The DSS and the Buhari government should tell Nigerians the truth and stop the deliberate deceit. I urge Sambo Dasuki to seek redress in the court of law.

May God Bless Us All

WHEN WILL YOU STOP WAILING?

Buhari does not know who you are talkless of caring about your opinion.

It is obvoius that you do not want anything good for Nigeria.

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by Yhunoos: 9:25am On Jul 19, 2015
It was what I was tryna say on the other thread by midolian.. The DSS shouldn't be behaving like the DSS during jonathan regime which was for pure political witch hunting..

I believe dasuki might be guilty of misappropriation of security funds and should be investigated thoroughly, but not the way the DSS are going about with it.. I would have prefer they remain silent and wait till they have indisputable evidence against him before releasing a press statement, that way people won't see it as a vendetta.

14 Likes

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 19, 2015
CC: Lalasticlala Ishilove and Obinoscopy

Mizmycoli Whynotthetruth Temitemi1 Kaboninc Komek NDPVF Rose2014
Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by MizMyColi(f): 9:26am On Jul 19, 2015
I saw this on twitter.
Could it be true or some Maggi infested cooked up story?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by gregg2: 9:28am On Jul 19, 2015
[size=15pt]Innitially they lied to us they found $40,000 with him.
So many lies from this Buhari govt
[/size]

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by ETERRORS(f): 9:29am On Jul 19, 2015
StOla:
Defender!

I think it's time to call your minions for their support comments.
He always advocate for the truth which is the problem for you

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by Realist5: 9:30am On Jul 19, 2015
A
Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 19, 2015
podosci:
I am trying to poin out, DSS acted on legal grounds to search his property, He should be in Prison for resisting but because he is a high profile citizen he is still working free, if it is me or you that resisted, the DSS would have shut us dead
Which search did he resist? If he resisted Search then how was he able to be searched? If the DSS insist the he resisted search they should file their case in court with evidence. But he never resisted any search. That isn't the topic of discussion. We are looking at the "incriminating evidence"

14 Likes

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by ETERRORS(f): 9:32am On Jul 19, 2015
I'm not suprised but DSS is now doing the Job of EFCC, they need to stop haunting this man. PMB employed the DSS chief for his personal war on his enemies.

Change Indeed

5 Likes

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 19, 2015
The Op should stop deceiving his uninformed followers. He proffered no analysis. It amounts to abuse of office for Dasuki to use his office and corruptly obtain military guards he is not ordinary entitled to guarding his PRIVATE RESIDENCE. In Security nobody retains military grade weapons for personal protection. Such weapons can't even be licensed. As for the cars, let him explain what he's doing with them. Are they properties of the State. After the Senate valedictory session we saw how David Mark and Ike Ekweremadu left without their official trains. Obasanjo dismissed the Inspector General of Police; got him handcuffed, prosecuted and sentenced. Ministers were arrested for bribing Legislators. Governors were impeached and arrested. Your GEJ came and allowed everyone to steal as much as they had access to. And you say leave am, he's our own.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by Burger01(m): 9:33am On Jul 19, 2015
Barcanista the devil's advocate of nairaland. Smhsmiley

16 Likes

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by iykedare(m): 9:33am On Jul 19, 2015
StOla:
Defender!

I won't even waste my words trying to have a debate on your analysis. I was already expecting your post.

You have become so predictable, I should begin to wager bets here on this forum.

I think it's time to call your minions for their supporting comments.

Sai Baba!

Please fire on with your responsible governance. Many have never known what it feels like to have a patriot as president.

Infact they are scared a Nigeria that works is a Nigeria that would not be favourable to them and their pay masters.

You are known to be daft

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by StOla: 9:34am On Jul 19, 2015
MizMyColi:
I saw this on twitter.
Could it be true or some Maggi infested cooked up story?

The same question I always ask dimwits like you is:

1. Did he have this evidence and he waited to be booted out of office?

2. Did Ihejirika have evidence of those behind Boko Haram and he waited to be retired and accused before making his own claims?

3. Did Jonathan have to be threatened with probe before he realized the presidents before him were also corrupt, yet he never attempted to probe them?
Instead, he was even suggesting to Buhari the many corrupt deals that ought to be probed, as if he was not president for 5years.

People like you are an enemy of the state.

Please go get a visa to nowhere and let Nigeria solve its problems without your obstacles.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 19, 2015
gregg2:
[size=15pt]Innitially they lied to us they found $40,000 with him.
So many lies from this Buhari govt
[/size]
They first said Sambo Dasuki was "partisan" as DSA lol.. Ridiculous!

I won't be surprised if they come out and reverse themselves.

14 Likes

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by ETERRORS(f): 9:35am On Jul 19, 2015
podosci:
This is arrant nonsense from a person who doesn't know that DSS acted illegaly and only witch hunting Dasuki

8 Likes

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by iykedare(m): 9:35am On Jul 19, 2015
The DSS should first seek for a proper understanding of the word "treason".

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by gregg2: 9:36am On Jul 19, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
I didn't have to read your write up. they're shiit, as usual!

Barcanista is more intelligent than all you APC e-rats put together

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 19, 2015
A search warrant was duly executed based on credible Intelligence; even if at the end it doesn't turn up anything. The DSS didn't break any laws.

12 Likes

Re: Analysing The DSS "Incriminating Evidence" Against Sambo Dasuki by kayce911(f): 9:37am On Jul 19, 2015
APc can only try but can't do Dasuki any shit.
anyway I'm loving the fight, let the northerners divide a bit. cos in division we can wrestle power from them.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Armed Soldier Rough Handled In The North (Video, Pictures) / Ex-governor Obiano Hosts Igwe Ogbunka, HRM Johnmark Anyaoha In US / Okupe: Why Atiku Defeated Saraki In PDP Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.