Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,099 members, 7,845,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Can HIV Transmit By Splashing A Litile Amount Of Blood Through The Eye? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can HIV Transmit By Splashing A Litile Amount Of Blood Through The Eye? (178 Views)

Please Can HIV Be Treated And Fully Recovered After 5 Years Without Treatment. / How Can I Prevent Water Splashing On My Ass During Poop / Can HIV Positive Persons Join The Nigeria Military? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can HIV Transmit By Splashing A Litile Amount Of Blood Through The Eye? by auditside: 10:49pm On Jan 13, 2023
It is theoretically possible for HIV to be transmitted through splashing a small amount of infected blood into the eye, as the virus can enter the body through mucous membranes, such as those found in the eyes. However, the risk of transmission through this route is considered to be low.
The virus is more easily transmitted through direct contact with infected blood, semen, vaginal fluids, or breast milk, or through sharing needles or other injection equipment. It is important to practice good hygiene and wear personal protective equipment, such as gloves, when handling potentially infected bodily fluids.

(1) (Reply)

Who Was Sister André Also Known As Lucile Randon? World’s Oldest Pers........ / Hello Everyone I Want To Use This Opportunity To Share This Testimony, And Also / Why Is This Propaganda About Nigeria Allowed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.