Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:20 AM

Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos (6836 Views)

Warn Your Children Against Protest In Lagos, Sade Tinubu Ojo To Market Women / Rashida Bello, Abba Moro, Olubunmi Ojo To Be Honoured At Most Influential Awards / Akintayo Folakemi And Ojo Viwanu Decamp To APC In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by babasolution: 4:44pm On Jan 14, 2023
sapele914:
I just wonder what nonsense you ipobians will come up with after the election, because it was such a big shame of hypocrisy the way you things abandoned ikenga Nnamdi Kanu & your Biafra agitation & jumped straight on the band wagon of President of Zoo Republic?

No wonder the great Mazi Kanu said my people no just get sense.

You will see after election, but know this,Nigerdelta Na suffer head
Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by sapele914(m): 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
babasolution:

Exactly ,monkey dey work baboon dey chop
Our Oil & gas money we use in feeding them, How can a slave reign over his master?

Niger Delta is forever number 1.

6 Likes

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by sapele914(m): 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
babasolution:

You will see after election, but know this,Nigerdelta Na suffer head
Lord knows they will never vote for an Igbo man from a mushroom parry, when Hausa Fulani & Yoruba they majority party to select from.

Go elect a slave, tomorrow he will want to Lord over you.

4 Likes

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by babasolution: 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
APCHaram:

OSU parasite, did Ijaw people complain to you ?

Why you sef no remain for your Dubai yeast if it is so good ?

You will live to see your ass getting deported back to your God forsaking yeast.

The thing be say mumu no dey no say him be mumu.Nigerdelta get the award for best mumu of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by babasolution: 4:49pm On Jan 14, 2023
sapele914:
Our Oil & gas money we use in feeding them, How can a slave reign over his master?

Niger Delta is forever number 1.

Number 1 for doing mumu
Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by Britishpea: 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2023
They built their residential houses and their shops where they do their businesses. So did they construct roads, banks, schools, etc by themselves too?

5 Likes

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by babasolution: 5:16pm On Jan 14, 2023
Britishpea:
They built their residential houses and their shops where they do their businesses. So did they construct roads, banks, schools, etc by themselves too?

Only roads they did not construct,btw there were hardly motorable roads until recently
Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by BlackyOne: 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
KingKO22:
What statistics research did you carry out to determine that yeeeeeebow are the one that built all beautiful mantions around the Ojo and Odofin ?

Wonder shall never end

That is a fact... Amuwo-Odofin, Ojo, festac and surroundings are the headquarters of Igbos in Lagos, the area has houses that are comparable to Lekki, VI and other high brows, and they are owned by the Igbos...
Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by zeuss: 6:17pm On Jan 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Do you even know the meaning of Amuwo Odofin? There is no part of Lagos that is ever neglected. Go to Alausa ro see what you think is new.

That area has been opened as far back as the early 70s and just after our Independence in 1960; from Festac to intl trade fair complex to volkswagen to Jakande estate to Lagos Ferry station to LASU to LASCOED etc. are in that axis of Lagos and Southwest.

I stand to be corrected, the first expressway in Nigeria is that expressway which opened up that area to connect Badagry and Benin republic to the rest of Lagos and Nigeria.

U don't know history.....goansitdan.
Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by Acidosis(m): 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
Britishpea:

Population drives development. Have you seen any bank install ATM in a locality with poor and desolate people?

Nigerians must quit hating on one another. You would criticise Igbos online, yet you would rather purchase goods from an Igbo man or woman than from a man from another tribe whom you profess to love. You will still go out to buy tomatoes and onions from Hausa people after bashing them online because you know your fellow tribe woman will most likely defraud you.

To what end?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by tctrills: 6:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
madridguy:
God Almighty is neither dumb or blind. You cannot hate a country so much and except our living God to make you rule same country.

The greatest haters of Nigeria are those who support the evil APC. Nnamdi KANU is 10x better then you hypocrites claiming to love Nigeria yet putting demons in power.

1 Like

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by beelon1020(m): 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2023
[quote author=babasolution post=120027557]

You don't understand my guy,there were many jungles in the area,even as at 2000s,the area I was living was virtually a bush ,the place is now a highbrow area now filled with majority igbos[/quote> you don’t know what you are saying this man, that side is developed by the Government, yes people can buy land and build in that side and same goes for all other part of Nigeria...
This are business people mostly in Alaba and trade fair, that has chosen to settle close to their business area,..
The
Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by bdon123(m): 6:39pm On Jan 14, 2023
babasolution:
I am not Igbo but from kogi

I have noticed many Nigerians do not really know the Igbo aside from the few they see in their localities or those that sometimes travel to the east.

Those in Lagos also do not know them as their major base in Lagos is in the amuwo-odofin, Ojo areas.Which many lagosians I have come to realise do not visit as it is in the outskirts of Lagos.

I came to this area in the early 2000s,back then it was a scanty backwater area,only fg built Festac and satellite were in the area

The area was a bush.

Forward 22years later. The whole area is filled with mansions and businesses dominated almost entirely by igbos.

The area as expanded beyond recognition and it's one of the most developed area of Lagos despite government neglect.

The area is probably another lekki in disguise.

I realise many lagosians aren't familiar with this area also.

I tell you I have seen what gradual progress and development is like with the igbos in this area.

I have lived with them,they aren't perfect and have their issues just like any other tribe.

But i have really seen what the igbos are capable of.

It's unfortunate their region as fallen into chaos now.However that is not a valid reason to dismiss them as the north is in more choas yet people are considering a Fulani to Fulani transition.

Visit amuwo-odofin and Ojo you will realise what the igbos can do if you know what the area was like in the 90s.

Note: the area as long been neglected by successive Lagos governments until recently under sanwoolu.

I have not seen any other community that as achieved this much in Lagos under two decades virtually on their own.

This performance ability is what NIG highly needs now,not a mele mele(lackadaisical) presidency.

We need performance, I think the igbos can do it.Nigerians really need to consider this.

I hàve observed many people love to disparage the igbos,like I saw a thread of ABA being a slum.

Many people do not know the true wealth of the igbos considering their near destruction during the civil war,it's a top notch performance

I can tell you if you want to name any slum dwellers in NIG, count the Igbo out.

The igbos are proud and stubborn, but it's high time we had a president with pride,gutso and backbone to raise Nigeria level in the comity of nations.

Nigeria don big pass all these slave mentality Presidents
I was actually born n raised in festac town so ano wat u saying
Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by Danthemariner: 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
Satellite town of amuwo odofin has been neglected for over 15years

I stayed there for 29 years

All the roads in satellite town is dead...

The op is correct when he said it is under sanwo olu that construction has began, which just started last year at abule do axis and off which them never go far...

The igbos built satellite them self
They are the once interlocking thier Street, doing street light and also building exotic hotels and houses here in satellite town...

Before u roast me.. I'm not an igbo person..
But please stop the bashing on the op for his post

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:03pm On Jan 14, 2023
It's not enough to judge maters that way.

Many have been arrested for fraud 419, drugs and baby factory and money ritual.

Don't be moved the buildings all,

Presidency or leadership is be buildings and factory.
Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by anayonduba(m): 8:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
madridguy:
grin grin cheesy Nice PRO, meanwhile Igbo man will not rule Nigeria again.

We have learned to fly like the bed, swim like the fish .... but yet to learn how to live together...
Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by oyatz(m): 8:06pm On Jan 14, 2023
babasolution:

You don't understand my guy,there were many jungles in the area,even as at 2000s,the area I was living was virtually a bush ,the place is now a highbrow area now filled with majority igbos

There is no part of Lagos that remain the same way it was in 1999. This is what we call progress

5 Likes

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by Olatara(f): 8:09pm On Jan 14, 2023
Why are you bring unnecessary attention to yourselves?

Una land use tax go multiply now. You think those guys in Alausa like hearing things like this?

1 Like

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by LogicBomb8: 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Do you even know the meaning of Amuwo Odofin? There is no part of Lagos that is ever neglected. Go to Alausa ro see what you think is new.

That area has been opened as far back as the early 70s and just after our Independence in 1960; from Festac to intl trade fair complex to volkswagen to Jakande estate to Lagos Ferry station to LASU to LASCOED etc. are in that axis of Lagos and Southwest.

I stand to be corrected, the first expressway in Nigeria is that expressway which opened up that area to connect Badagry and Benin republic to the rest of Lagos and Nigeria.
No area of lagos is in Neglet? then you dont know what you are talking about
Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 8:41pm On Jan 14, 2023
A needless post from a daft entity.
You people are better ignored.
Your way of thinking is rather absurd.

3 Likes

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2023
madridguy:

trash from Benin republic refugees

1 Like

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2023
BlakKluKluxKlan:
A needless post from a daft entity.
You people are better ignored.
Your way of thinking is rather absurd.

Another slavish in disguise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
MICHEALADEX:
It's not enough to judge maters that way.

Many have been arrested for fraud 419, drugs and baby factory and money ritual.

Don't be moved the buildings all,

Presidency or leadership is be buildings and factory.

Type English not wailing English

Slavish peeps
Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2023
Britishpea:

Who owns the banks and skools..

Gettat

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by Obaaderemi2: 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2023
babasolution:

You don't understand my guy,there were many jungles in the area,even as at 2000s,the area I was living was virtually a bush ,the place is now a highbrow area now filled with majority igbos
Even places that were undeveloped in Ibadan as recently as year 2000 are now booming. Check out Ologuneru for example. That's the way it is with major cities, my guy.

4 Likes

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by maestroferddi: 9:16pm On Jan 14, 2023
KingKO22:
What statistics research did you carry out to determine that yeeeeeebow are the one that built all beautiful mantions around the Ojo and Odofin ?

Wonder shall never end
There is more to life than lazy and blind arguments...

I am sure whether you live in Lagos or familiar with axis being referred to because if you do, you will not be asking those ridiculous questions.

The two markets that drive the economy of the axis are almost completely dominated by Igbos...

You will just come online to make noise but those in the know understand they position of things...

A few days ago I had cause to negotiate the Ojota/Ikorodu Bypass...

I was astonished with number of Tinubu posters placed there with appealing messages to Igbos in Igbo language...

Let's put sentiments aside and allow Peter Obi to come and fix Nigeria...

It is not time for petty ethnic sentiments...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by adefitim(m): 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2023
Did you post this shit to make Igbo feel like a king or what? Cuz no matter what they do in Lagos it’s not their land.

This didn’t help them in any way
Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by Ttalk: 9:34pm On Jan 14, 2023
babasolution:
I am not Igbo but from kogi

I have noticed many Nigerians do not really know the Igbo aside from the few they see in their localities or those that sometimes travel to the east.

Those in Lagos also do not know them as their major base in Lagos is in the amuwo-odofin, Ojo areas.Which many lagosians I have come to realise do not visit as it is in the outskirts of Lagos.

I came to this area in the early 2000s,back then it was a scanty backwater area,only fg built Festac and satellite were in the area

The area was a bush.

Forward 22years later. The whole area is filled with mansions and businesses dominated almost entirely by igbos.

The area as expanded beyond recognition and it's one of the most developed area of Lagos despite government neglect.

The area is probably another lekki in disguise.

I realise many lagosians aren't familiar with this area also.

I tell you I have seen what gradual progress and development is like with the igbos in this area.

I have lived with them,they aren't perfect and have their issues just like any other tribe.

But i have really seen what the igbos are capable of.

It's unfortunate their region as fallen into chaos now.However that is not a valid reason to dismiss them as the north is in more choas yet people are considering a Fulani to Fulani transition.

Visit amuwo-odofin and Ojo you will realise what the igbos can do if you know what the area was like in the 90s.

Note: the area as long been neglected by successive Lagos governments until recently under sanwoolu.

I have not seen any other community that as achieved this much in Lagos under two decades virtually on their own.

This performance ability is what NIG highly needs now,not a mele mele(lackadaisical) presidency.

We need performance, I think the igbos can do it.Nigerians really need to consider this.

I hàve observed many people love to disparage the igbos,like I saw a thread of ABA being a slum.

Many people do not know the true wealth of the igbos considering their near destruction during the civil war,it's a top notch performance

I can tell you if you want to name any slum dwellers in NIG, count the Igbo out.

The igbos are proud and stubborn, but it's high time we had a president with pride,gutso and backbone to raise Nigeria level in the comity of nations.

Nigeria don big pass all these slave mentality Presidents

When you decide to siddon and look, one Okoro from nowhere must come up with something stupid to fill the cyberspace.

I must inquire, is it a curse that an Okoro cannot sit down his arse without courting argument?

Tell me, is this a campaign for Igbo presidency or an insult to the people that accommodate Igbo in the SW.

Truth be told, there are decent Igbo everywhere but there are some set that have been indoctrinated by Nnamdi Kanu hate and boastful doctrine, like this OP is a curse to Igbo race as this type of thought will always attract and brings disaster upon his people.

OP should realised that there are indigenous people of Amuwo Odofin and Ojo who won't find this insult funny and would wait till appropriate time to take his pound of flesh.

OP, you are very stupid for this unprovoked insult you dish to people who accommodate and shelter you to have a decent living

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by Owologbo(m): 9:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
APCHaram:

Go back home.

Stop dragging Lagos with the Yorubas.

This is madness.

Nobody is dragging your yeast with you.

Go back to your yeast and develop it and remain thee.

if outsiders leave this Lagos State for una, Shay na all these una beggi beggi una want take build am?
Is there any other tribe that is as lazy as the Yoruba people?
how many market/company do you think the Yorubas own in this lagos sef?
If not for free money, aka awon owomida; that non Yoruba are giving most of you, you go hungry.
Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by babatunji91185: 9:48pm On Jan 14, 2023
Igbos hate the injustice in Nigeria. If they hate the Nigerian state, they won't settle everywhere in NigeriaIgbos hate the injustice in Nigeria. If they hate the Nigerian state, they won't settle everywhere in Nigeria...
Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by Ojiofor: 9:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
madridguy:

So says a non entity while General Obasanjo and other statesmen are clamouring for Igbo presidency..

1 Like

Re: Visit Amuwo-odofin And Ojo To Know The Capability Of The Igbos by APCHaram: 10:01pm On Jan 14, 2023
Owologbo:

if outsiders leave this Lagos State for una, Shay na all these una beggi beggi una want take build am?
Is there any other tribe that is as lazy as the Yoruba people?
how many market/company do you think the Yorubas own in this lagos sef?
If not for free money, aka awon owomida; that non Yoruba are giving most of you, you go hungry.

Lagos did not drag you from your yeast to come to her.

Developer my ass.

Your eye to clear in the next few years when Nigeria goes back to full restructuring.

Stay your lane and FYI, I am not Yoruba but highly disgusted by your attitude towards the Yorubas over Lagos

This is his you bastards have been drawing maps on Microsoft paint and adding the SS to your OSU republic.

You idiots better face your region and leave other people to their affairs.

.developer that can't develop his cursed village

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims / Senators And Reps In Abuja 'Land Grab', As FCDA Demolishes Homes / Breaking: "Massive" Turn Out, Mars Today's Anti Government Protest In Abuja (Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.