Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims (6782 Views)

Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks / Christmas Day Bomb Victims For Burial Today. Lets Sign A Condolence Register. / Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Frazy(f): 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2012
Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi's CBN to Donate to Madalla Christmas Day Bomb Blast Victims

After the avalanche of public criticism the CBN faced after NaijaPundit and other media broke the news that the CBN governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, had donated 100 million of the CBN's funds to his home state of Kano to help victims of the Boko Haram attack on the state, the CBN has just released a statement that it plans to extend a similar gesture to the victims if the Christmas day bomb blast at Madalla.

According to the source, the apex bank had already contacted the leadership of the Madalla church and got an appointment but it was rescheduled to accommodate the itinerary of the CBN governor. The donation to the Madalla victims would now take place next week.

But many see this as an after thought from Sanusi. They claim that the Madalla bomb blast occurred some time before the Kano attacks yet Malam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi did not deem it fit to assist the victims but rather chose to assist victims if his home state of Kano and only decided to assist the Madalla victims after the public outcry to his 100 million Naira donation to Kano State.

Nigerians had reacted with anger at the news that Sanusi Lamido Sanusi had caused the CBN to donate 100 million to his state when there had been Boko Haram attacks in other states without the CBN offering to assist those other victims. Many felt that Sanusi was being parochial by assisting his own people.
Some pundits pointed to his interview with the Financial Times of London where he had complained about Kano State not having enough funds while states in the Niger Delta have "too much money". This Sanusi said was a major causative factor for the Boko Haram insurgency.

Perhaps it was an attempt by Sanusi to redress what he sees as the lopsidedness of the distribution of Nigeria's revenue that he decided to give his own 'Boko Haram Derivation' to his home state.

Niger Delta activist Annkio Briggs was one of those who felt that the attempt by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi to justify the Boko Haram insurgency by blaming it on the derivation that goes to the Niger Delta was outrageous. According to Annkio Briggs, "what does Kano bring to the table for Nigeria to share?"
But as it now stands.

http://www.naijapundit.com/news/faced-with-severe-criticism-sanusi-s-cbn-to-donate-to-madalla-christmas-day-bomb-blast-victims#disqus_thread
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by 9jaIhail(m): 8:15pm On Feb 14, 2012
Who gave him the authority to do so in the first place? plz tell him to resign.i feel shame last time when i read IMF Chief tipping this tribalism bigot as the most intelligent Nigeria,well i thank God i have Biafra my darling Nation to run to when this sinking ship call Nigeria is finally sink.Rubbish
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by houvest: 8:32pm On Feb 14, 2012
Rubbish.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Seun(m): 8:55pm On Feb 14, 2012
He should donate his own money.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by 9jaIhail(m): 9:07pm On Feb 14, 2012
Seun:

He should donate his own money.

God bless you for saying it as it is.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by ektbear: 9:13pm On Feb 14, 2012
He is a devilish creature
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Chyz2: 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
Similar? How'z about the same? As a matter of fact, how about you just take back the money,which you had no athority to give, and come up with an economic plan with the NEMT, which you are apart of, on how to compensate all victims.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by PointB: 9:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
Didn't know CBN is now a charity organisation. Now that we are at, how about another donation to victims of yesterday's storm in Lagos, and erosion disaster in the south east?

However we ended up with this clown as CBN governor. God help us!

By the way, one of my banker friend called me to complain he was forced to resign as a result of merger between finbank and fcmb. He has been in the labour market for a while now. Silently I blamed Sanusi for messing up the banking sector in the name of fixing it.

1 Like

Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by naijaking1: 9:36pm On Feb 14, 2012
Whose money is this guy sharing
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 14, 2012
naijaking1:

Whose money is this guy sharing

This is exactly what I will like to know.

I will also like to know what module in Risk Management suggests the CBN can substitute Charity Organistaion?

Honestly who says a CBN Governor can not be sacked? If this is the position of the law in Nigeria then we need to review that law!
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by chei: 10:02pm On Feb 14, 2012
Hahaha, I love this man, I need my own share oo
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by sheyguy: 12:51am On Feb 15, 2012
source of the news pls?
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Frazy(f): 8:19am On Feb 15, 2012
^^^^

I was in hurry when i opened the thread, just updated it now with the link.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by sunkoye: 8:37am On Feb 15, 2012
its not about extending his donations, its about the capacity to do it angry
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by anukulapo: 10:13am On Feb 15, 2012
We can read the writing on the wall so i will won't be suprised if the donation is rejected.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by ACM10: 10:23am On Feb 15, 2012
I thought that the money in the treasury belongs to all Nigerians?

With whose consent did he disburse the money in his trust?

This is one of the reasons why I gets tired of this country.

He's using Nigeria's money to fortify his cred as the future emir of Kano.

What if Soludo commits similar act. How will it be received by Nigerians?

Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 15, 2012
I think mallam SLS is power drunk.There is no better time than this for GEJ to call him to order.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by RichyBlacK(m): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2012
Hmmm, sometimes I wonder why God made me a Nigerian.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by mbulela: 10:52am On Feb 15, 2012
CBN is now an NGO.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by ismhab(m): 10:56am On Feb 15, 2012
You haters of Sanusi Lamido Sunusi, you are already dead in vain.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by femmy2010(m): 10:57am On Feb 15, 2012
Noting wrong if he donates all his personal funds but donating CBN's money?No to that.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by lafuria1(m): 11:03am On Feb 15, 2012
Even falana knows he has no case against SLS as to if he has d right to do wat he did. If what SLS did was wrong why don't u prove or better call an alliance and sue hin to court but of course most of his critism are base on tribal hatred. U should channel u anger to the law that permits him to do so. As a CBN governor, it would be good if he had given funds to other victims in other state was well. Some of u critizing his actions are d same people that applauded GEJ awarding maritime securty contract to tompolo an ex-miitant from his region and nigeria kept quiet.
I ask why u do say his action was wrong if truly u are sincere. The CBN have embarked on othet community project before. I swear if the CBN had donated to the madalla bomb victims first most of u here would praise him for a nice gesture. Tribalism has eaten deep into us that why I always prefer to critize the govt rather than d president becos I ask myself what if the president is from my village, wud I still critize him?
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 15, 2012
If you guyz eventually force him to resign, pls dont 4get to lobby for me to become the next governor, wink
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Kk4(m): 11:05am On Feb 15, 2012
The man is quietly comin out of d closet.HE IS BH.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by PhysicsQED(m): 11:06am On Feb 15, 2012
Why did he have to wait until there was public criticism before donating to the Christmas day bomb victims?  undecided
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Kk4(m): 11:07am On Feb 15, 2012
The man is quietly comin out of d closet.HE IS BH.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Jarus(m): 11:09am On Feb 15, 2012
I have it on reliable authority that SLS actually contacted the Churches too for the relief funds(at the smae time with the Kano donation) but they said they needed to get approval from their national body first before collecting. They didnt get back to CBN but the Kano never hesitated to take its own; hence the earlier news.

However, this is no justification for this. I personally hold that Sanusi is not justified doing this.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by PhysicsQED(m): 11:10am On Feb 15, 2012
la furia:

I swear if the CBN had donated to the madalla bomb victims first most of u here would praise him for a nice gesture. Tribalism has eaten deep into us

Why not?

And in fact, apart from the Christmas day bombing in Madalla, what about Borno state?

Why not Borno before Kano?
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by PhysicsQED(m): 11:13am On Feb 15, 2012
Jarus:

I have it on reliable authority that SLS actually contacted the Churches too for the relief funds(at the smae time with the Kano donation) but they said they needed to get approval from their national body first before collecting.

Well that would explain it. But I still wonder if he ever contacted anybody in Borno or Yobe when doling out these donations. Do you have any info on that?
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by jidewin(m): 11:17am On Feb 15, 2012
Comrados,I still commend Sanusi for his move. Afterall how many governors,senators,LG chairmen or councilors thought it wise to DONATE to the affected people and communities even where they represent? None.It's a case of everyone to yourselves.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by odedele: 11:21am On Feb 15, 2012
na 2day una no say SLS na BOKO HARAM?
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by KnowAll(m): 11:26am On Feb 15, 2012
Pressmen: Mr CBN Governor, where did the money come from,

CBN GOVERNOR: Don't you people know the funtion of a Central Bank,

Pressmen: Well, sir we know you keep tab of the supply of money in the country plus other duties and task designated in your charter, could you please tell us specifically where this N100.00 million came from.  undecided

CBN Governor: How many times do I have to answer such questions, if you pressmen are really doing your jobs well, that is proper investigative journalism, you would know that I have answered this particular question in the past? Could someone amongst you lot tell me the answer I gave the House Assembly men, when I was queried of where I got the money to bail out those ill and unsafe banks from, that is a task for you guys, go and check your achieves and get back to me, I would not repeat myself today, that is a puzzle and jamb question for you lot!!! grin

Lady Pressman from one of the dailies: I know the answer sir, You printed it,

CBN Governor: thats my girl, smart lady, all you men here should cover yourselves in shame, amongst other things we print money sparingly when we run out of money, yes these days you don't call them "print money" but rather the more acceptable term and political correct name  of " quantitative easing" that sounds better, It makes me look good and intellectually clued up, even though what I am doing now and what Idi Amin and Mugabe were doing in their respective countries are similar, but my modus operendi has been tainted with some coat of respectability. Even our dear colonial masters are an ardent beleiver of this economic module!! grin

Pressmen: We see sir, so how often do you print m ooooops I mean how often do you enbark on "quantitative easing exercise"

CBN Governor: Oh, that is top secret, I can't divulge such information, the most important thing is we have answered your questions, thanks and good day.  cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senators And Reps In Abuja 'Land Grab', As FCDA Demolishes Homes / Ambode Has Just Sold Us To The Hausas In Mile 12 / See What Ize-Iyamu Posted On Social Media After Obaseki Was Declared Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.