Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,115 members, 7,852,789 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

The Proper Way To FAST And Pray || MYLES MUNROE (video) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Proper Way To FAST And Pray || MYLES MUNROE (video) (393 Views)

The Role Of A Husband - Dr. Myles Munroe (video) / The Power Of OBEYING LAW By Dr Myles Munroe (law Vs Grace) Animated / Download 40 Free Ebooks & Mp3 Downloads By Dr. Myles Munroe On Faith, Family, Po (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Proper Way To FAST And Pray || MYLES MUNROE (video) by gosmotivation: 4:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
In today's world, we are bombarded with messages telling us to eat, drink and be merry. But what about prayer and fasting? What is their place in the Christian life?

In this video, Myles Munroe - author of "Prayer and fasting: understanding the power of fasting" - talks about the history of fasting and its benefits. He also discusses the biblical basis for fasting and shares practical advice on how to fast effectively.

If you're interested in prayer and fasting, this video is an excellent introduction to their power and importance in the Christian life. An expert's insights will help you understand their significance and why they are crucial to the biblical worldview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_jcboHxFhs
Re: The Proper Way To FAST And Pray || MYLES MUNROE (video) by Kobojunkie: 8:18pm On Jan 14, 2023
gosmotivation:
In today's world, we are bombarded with messages telling us to eat, drink and be merry. But what about prayer and fasting? What is their place in the Christian life?
In this video, Myles Munroe - author of "Prayer and fasting: understanding the power of fasting" - talks about the history of fasting and its benefits. He also discusses the biblical basis for fasting and shares practical advice on how to fast effectively. If you're interested in prayer and fasting, this video is an excellent introduction to their power and importance in the Christian life. An expert's insights will help you understand their significance and why they are crucial to the biblical worldview.
God made it abundantly clear in both Isaiah 58 and Zechariah 7 that when you punish your bodies, either through your starvation-diet fastings or abstinence from sex, you do not please or honor Him in any way. undecided
5 Do you think I want to see people punish their bodies on those days of fasting? Do you think I want people to look sad and bow their heads like dead plants? Do you think I want people to wear mourning clothes and sit in ashes to show their sadness? That is what you do on your days of fasting. Do you think that is what the Lord wants?
6 “I will tell you the kind of day I want—a day to set people free. I want a day that you take the burdens off others. I want a day when you set troubled people free and you take the burdens from their shoulders.
7 I want you to share your food with the hungry. I want you to find the poor who don’t have homes and bring them into your own homes. When you see people who have no clothes, give them your clothes! Don’t hide from your relatives when they need help.”
8 If you do these things, your light will begin to shine like the light of dawn. Then your wounds will heal. Your “Goodness” will walk in front of you, and the Glory of the Lord will come following behind you.
9 Then you will call to the Lord, and he will answer you. You will cry out to him, and he will say, “Here I am.” Stop causing trouble and putting burdens on people. Stop saying things to hurt people or accusing them of things they didn’t do.
10 Feel sorry for hungry people and give them food. Help those who are troubled and satisfy their needs. Then your light will shine in the darkness. You will be like the bright sunshine at noon.
11 The Lord will always lead you and satisfy your needs in dry lands. He will give strength to your bones. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring that never goes dry.
12 Your cities have been destroyed for many years, but you will rebuild them and their foundations will last for a long time. You will be called “Fence Fixer” and “Builder of Roads and Houses.”
13 That will happen when you stop sinning against God’s law about the Sabbath and when you stop doing things to please yourself on that special day. You should call the Sabbath a happy day. You should honor the Lord’s special day by not saying and doing things that you do every other day of the week.
14 Then you could enjoy the Lord. As the Lord himself says, “I could carry you up to the highest mountain and let you enjoy the land that I gave to your father Jacob.” - Isaiah 58 vs 5 - 14

(1) (Reply)

Winning Prayer By David Oyedepo[book Summary & Key Insight] / The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria / Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For Jesus' Story To Reach West Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.