Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,470 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria (350 Views)

The Problem Of Placenta Bondage By Dr OLUKOYA / Peculiar Problem / The Problem Of Who Is God And Who Is The Creator Are Yet To Be Resolved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria by TAYO124: 5:08am On Feb 05, 2023
A fundamental problem in Nigeria is ‘Religiousity’ . Daily the problems of the nation stare us in the face yet we are blinded by our delusions, this delusions are our deep seated opinions about other people who do not belong to our faith, denomination, ethnicity, culture or creed. Then we suddenly become self imposed philosophers and appointed judges simply because we have the verses and versions of our sacred texts. We then use this texts like a surgical knife to tear at each other and further worsen neighborhood relationships among each other.
We make ourselves foot soldiers of jihadists and various crusaders who love our war games and deep seated hatred for each other.
( add your comments, what do I know)
Re: The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:23am On Feb 05, 2023
TAYO124:
A fundamental problem in Nigeria is ‘Religiousity’ . Daily the problems of the nation stare us in the face yet we are blinded by our delusions, this delusions are our deep seated opinions about other people who do not belong to our faith, denomination, ethnicity, culture or creed.
■Then we suddenly become self imposed philosophers and appointed judges simply because we have the verses and versions of our sacred texts. We then use this texts like a surgical knife to tear at each other and further worsen neighborhood relationships among each other.
■We make ourselves foot soldiers of jihadists and various crusaders who love our war games and deep seated hatred for each other.
( add your comments, what do I know)
1. Religion is a system created and used by men — so-called religious leaders — to wield power and authority over the hearts and minds of their followers. It imposes on those who subscribe to it a level of blindness, a delusion of the kind you attempt to describe there. undecided

2. If your "sacred text" is meant to be hidden from others, then keep it, and even the mention of your religion, also hidden. undecided

3. You are already foot soldiers — gullible followers — of the doctrines and traditions fed to you by the men whom you hail as religious leaders over your lot. undecided
Re: The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria by TAYO124: 5:27am On Feb 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Religion is a system created and used by men — so-called religious leaders — to wield power and authority over the hearts and minds of their followers. It imposes on those who subscribe to it a level of blindness, a delusion of the kind you attempt to describe there. undecided

2. If your "sacred text" is meant to be hidden from others, then keep it, and even the mention of your religion, also hidden. undecided

3. You are already foot soldiers — gullible followers — of the doctrines and traditions fed to you by the men whom you hail as religious leaders over your lot. undecided

If you are brave and this audacious then apply to present your opinions in the daily of a national or regional news article. Till you do , bully no more person on this forum with ridiculous views.
Re: The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:29am On Feb 05, 2023
TAYO124:
■If you are brave and this audacious then apply to present your opinions in the daily of a national or regional news article.
■ Till you do , bully no more person on this forum with ridiculous views.
1. To what end? undecided

2. But you created a thread for that exact purpose which is to bully into submission those who do not share your particular religious view, did you not? undecided
Re: The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria by TAYO124: 5:33am On Feb 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. To what end? undecided

2. But you created a thread for that exact purpose which is to bully into submission those who do not share your particular religious view, did you not? undecided

Like I said Mr Osewa is a public figure and even known on Twitter but you who are you? You basically are one loud personality on this section of Nairaland but largely Faceless.

I have come across and read a lot of your posts in the past and left confused about your opinions and ideology. I simply cannot place you despite the fact of your heavy presence on the religious section.
Re: The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:36am On Feb 05, 2023
TAYO124:
■Like I said Mr Osewa is a public figure and even known on Twitter but you who are you?
■ You basically are one loud personality on the section of Nairaland but largely Faceless.
1. So, in Jesus Christ, I am required to be famous and all over social media as well? undecided

2. So, let me get this straight, You basically need me to be exactly according to your social specification even where all of that does nothing to in fact benefit me? undecided
Re: The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria by TAYO124: 5:44am On Feb 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. So, in Jesus Christ, I am required to be famous and all over social media as well? undecided

2. So, let me get this straight, You basically need me to be exactly according to your social specification even where all of that does nothing to in fact benefit me? undecided

There is a level of opinion you can shape in a faceless “miramaxic mask” on your profile. You cannot be taken seriously behind your mask. Mind you there are several others like you on the platform. Loud mouthed people have to be as brave to give us their real face like Omoyele Sowore. Definitely Jesus Christ was a known personality while he lived in Palestine.
Re: The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:46am On Feb 05, 2023
TAYO124:
■There is a level of opinion you can shape in a faceless “miramaxic mask” on your profile. You cannot be taken seriously behind your mask. Mind you there are several others like you on the platform. Loud mouthed people have to be as brave to give us their real face like Omoyele Sowore.
■Definitely Jesus Christ was a known personality while he lived in Palestine.
1. Why exactly would I want to be like any of those you keep mentioning? And again, what do I gain from wanting to fit into any of those models you keep throwing about again? undecided

2. So, am I to take it then that you believe that since Jesus Christ was known in Palestine, I too must go make myself known in Palestine? undecided
Re: The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria by TAYO124: 5:54am On Feb 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Why exactly would I want to be like any of those you keep mentioning? And again, what do I gain from wanting to fit into any of those models you keep throwing about again? undecided

2. So, am I to take it then that you believe that since Jesus Christ was known in Palestine, I too must go make myself known in Palestine? undecided

If you are okay keep inside your shell and stay there as
1. Faceless religious section contributor.
2. One whose identity is unknown
3. After all a snail neither retreats nor surrenders rather it withdraws into its shell.
4. Jesus said ‘ men do not light a candle to keep under a bushel’ . Shadows love to hide till pre/post midday sun exposes it.
Re: The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 5:59am On Feb 05, 2023
TAYO124:
Jesus said ‘ men do not light a candle to keep under a bushel’ . Shadows love to hide till pre/post midday sun exposes it.
So, did Jesus Christ also proclaim that only those among His followers who announce their individual identities — not His own — wherever they went online and off are worthy of Him, or something? undecided
Re: The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria by TAYO124: 6:01am On Feb 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, did Jesus Christ also proclaim that only those among His followers who announce their individual identities — not His own — wherever they went online and off are worthy of Him, or something? undecided

So where I started with engaging you is same place I end it with the question,

“Who are you?”
Re: The Peculiar Problem Of Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 6:04am On Feb 05, 2023
TAYO124:
So where I started with engaging you is same place I end it with the question,

“Who are you?”
I am a follower of Jesus Christ, the one who is God's Law and Truth - the National Constitution in the Nation/Kingdom of Priests which God established of His people- Exodus 19 vs 6. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Islamic School Teacher Alleegdly Impregnates Student And Defiles Many Others. / Ex-astrologer Dismantles Horoscopes, Warns Of Divination's Dangers / So My Curiosity Lead Me Into Asking Chatgpt AI If Gambling Is A Sin. (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.