Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Convert Drum To Disc Brakes - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Convert Drum To Disc Brakes (536 Views)

Five Simple Things To Do When You Lose Your Brakes While Driving / What To Do If The Brakes Of Your Car Fails To Drive / 5 Most Important Things To Do When Your Car Brakes Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Convert Drum To Disc Brakes by gonkin(m): 5:10pm On Jan 14, 2023
So i have a 1992 land cruiser, im thinking of changing the brakes from drum to disc. Also pads are cheaper to replace, easier to inspect and also upgrading my tyres to 35s. I feel the front discs have more stop to it than the rear. Also the front seem to last more than the rear.

Does it use the same as sequoia. How much would it cost. Cuz ive seen videos online on conversion kits and looks easy enough for me. What i want to know is if i can get replacement components

gazzuzz

1 Like

Re: Convert Drum To Disc Brakes by eghuan1(m): 9:31pm On Jan 16, 2023
Converted my Corolla two months ago and it cost me approximately 40k after my break lining failed me three times in 2021.

But just have it at the back of your mind, your hand break won't work again

2 Likes

Re: Convert Drum To Disc Brakes by DECOtech(m): 10:12pm On Jan 16, 2023
gonkin:
So i have a 1992 land cruiser, im thinking of changing the brakes from drum to disc. Also pads are cheaper to replace, easier to inspect and also upgrading my tyres to 35s. I feel the front discs have more stop to it than the rear. Also the front seem to last more than the rear.

Does it use the same as sequoia. How much would it cost. Cuz ive seen videos online on conversion kits and looks easy enough for me. What i want to know is if i can get replacement components

gazzuzz

Yes, It very possible. I did that on my 2001 Camry shortly before I lost the car to thieves. The rear brake discs of a sequoia should be a match. Just make sure the bolts with which to fasten the hubs to the axle are arranged the same.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help / Corolla 04 Bank Type, / Safe Driving Tips.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.