Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 (21043 Views)

Big Brother Naija 2022 Week 3 Voting Results & Percentages / Ilebaye Evicted From Big Brother Naija 2022 / Big Brother Naija 2022 Week 2 Voting Results & Percentages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by lhordspy: 9:23am On Jan 15, 2023
amstamon:
A very stupid and overhyped movie. Jst good graphics but overstretched characters/storylines.
Even this other movie sef elesin oba, very stupid movie, jst an overhyped gilbrish. How could a son who jst arrived from London after many years (medical doctor) killed himself for a stupid old flirt of an abobaku jst because of one stupid tradition.. Doesn't make any sense.
If you really know movies, you'll give it up for
KING OF THIEVES and
THE WOMAN KING (international tho).

You typed my mind.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Kajaard: 9:25am On Jan 15, 2023
Bonesbreaker:
No waste ur data the movie na nonsense same Nigeria pattern of movie undecided why Korean movie its during just better this days is a wonder to me undecided

Lol cheesy
Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by IbileIfe: 9:26am On Jan 15, 2023
In Nigeria.
Not in the world.

When it becomes the most watched even in Africa, that's news to me.

Kunle sends me regular emails for bragging rights in Nollywood. But none of his films has qualified for the Official Selections of Sundance, Cannes Film Festival, Venice Film Festival, Berlin Film Festival and not nominated for the annual Academy Awards.

The big news in Nollywopd, is Fiery Obasi's "Mami Wata" is the first film by a Nigerian based filmmaker to be in the Official Selection of the 2023 Sundance International Film Festival opening on January 19.

Kunle should be competing with his peers in America and other countries for the Oscars, Palme D'Or, Golden Lion and Golden Bear and not competing for views on Netflix.
Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Jostoman: 9:29am On Jan 15, 2023
VaginaMiners:
The Yorubas striving daily to put Nigeria on the global map.
Vote Asiwaju Tinubu for a prosperous Nigeria
BATTLE of BUKKA STREET by FUNKE AKINDELE will soon detroned Anikulapo because the film too sweet and very interesting to watch. Mr Afolayan really try for Anikulapo too.

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by VaginaMiners: 9:29am On Jan 15, 2023
Doyou2019:

Omo ale. I'm Yoruba myself and I know a great movie when I see one. Get out of that village you dey and get exposed.Idiot!
If indeed you are Yoruba , you are worse than a bastard.
I even feel ashamed to share the same ancestors with you .
If I had my way , people like you would be fed to the wild beasts so you don't pollute the gene pool with your stupidity .
Please , go for bilateral orchidectomy. No kid deserves to have a mo.ron like you as a father

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by VaginaMiners: 9:30am On Jan 15, 2023
Jostoman:
BATTLE of BUKKA STREET will soon detroned Anikulapo because the film too sweet and very interesting to watch.
By another proud Oduduwa daughter grin cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Mccullum: 9:32am On Jan 15, 2023
amstamon:
A very stupid and overhyped movie. Jst good graphics but overstretched characters/storylines.
Even this other movie sef elesin oba, very stupid movie, jst an overhyped gilbrish. How could a son who jst arrived from London after many years (medical doctor) killed himself for a stupid old flirt of an abobaku jst because of one stupid tradition.. Doesn't make any sense.
KING OF THIEVES and

You may not like how Olunde decided to die, he died for the tradition he believes in, he died to avoid the shame on himself and progenitors of his family, he died to shamed Europeans for their disrespectful to African people ways of life. He's the heir to Eleshin'Oba chieftaincy.

It looks absurd this modern days, it's normal during the period, it's prideful to their kingdom, the movie only reflected the happenings of the past of Oyo Empire and how colonialism forced stoppage of it.

8 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Doyou2019: 9:32am On Jan 15, 2023
VaginaMiners:

If indeed you are Yoruba , you are worse than a bastard.
I even feel ashamed to share the same ancestors with you .
If I had my way , people like you would be fed to the wild beasts so you don't pollute the gene pool with your stupidity .
Please , go for bilateral oophorectomy . No kid deserve to have a mo.ron like you as a mother

E maa gbo werey. grin
Idiotic bigot never 'experred it' - that a fellow Yoruba can be objective in their analyses of issues grin
Caveboy, go get some education.
Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 15, 2023
Yes, the traditional set-up was superb, as was the culture and language representation.

But overall, Anikulapo is a stupid movie with an annoying storyline. To this day, it's hard to understand what morals the movie sought to pass. And it was lengthy for nothing with unnecessary twists.

I'll pick The Woman King over that trash anyday, anytime and thrice on a Sunday!
Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Fearyourcreator: 9:35am On Jan 15, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
One thing the guy is very good at is overhyping,I see nothing special in that movie women king make sense pass that trash
Naso them go trash your own effort too...

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by VaginaMiners: 9:37am On Jan 15, 2023
Doyou2019:

E maa gbo werey. grin
Idiotic bigot never 'experred it' - that a fellow Yoruba can be objective in their analyses of issues grin
Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by VaginaMiners: 9:37am On Jan 15, 2023
Doyou2019:

E maa gbo werey. grin
The most educated person in your family could only dream of the education I have .
By the way ,don't flatter yourself. You are far from being objective. You are inherently stupid. It's a shame that most stupid people don't even realise they are stupid .

Take my earlier advise to heart . Make sure you don't have a child grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Fearyourcreator: 9:37am On Jan 15, 2023
sharpwriter:
I haven't watched it yet... Some said the movie is overrated and overhyped! Who else can testify to this?
What you see as over hyped and over rated might be differrent from those saying that... Watch too... For a movie to get to Netflix something was done right... Doesnt mean its perfect

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Doyou2019: 9:39am On Jan 15, 2023
VaginaMiners:

The most educated person in your family could only dream of the education I have .
By the way ,don't flatter yourself. You are far from being objective. You are inherently stupid. It's a shame that most stupid people don't even realise they are stupid .

Take my earlier advise to heart . Make sure you don't sire a child grin

Illiterate tribal.bigot feeling funky. Just pass.
Your phantom education is a waste if you can't reason beyond parochial interests. Now, run along, kiddo.
Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Abdul9025(m): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2023
doyin01:

But you do watch Hollywood movies with them,
Hollywood movies that clearly stated rated +18??

And yeah most Hollywood blockbusters are rated 18+...

Una hypocrisy know be here..

You see your life...are we talking about Hollywood movies here... You guys keeping saying the movie promote our culture whilst The movie shows something else as against our culture... can you bring evidence where in the movie or movie poster that is clearly stated +18
Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Segunlords(m): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2023
Kunle na baba
Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Tumblr: 9:42am On Jan 15, 2023
sharpwriter:
I haven't watched it yet... Some said the movie is overrated and overhyped! Who else can testify to this?

Yes please. Don’t watch it. But na you go miss.
Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by VaginaMiners: 9:44am On Jan 15, 2023
Doyou2019:

Illiterate tribal.bigot feeling funky. Just pass.
Your phantom education is a waste if you can't reason beyond parochial interests. Now, run along, kiddo.
You are the pathetic loser who thinks thrashing your heritage or people would grant you some acceptance on an anonymous public forum .
Your iq must be in the single digits grin grin. Uncle Tom oshi !!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Trojan8(m): 9:46am On Jan 15, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
Movie you no fit watch with your kids at home

So it's only U18 movies that should be shown? Na wa for some of una

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Doyou2019: 9:49am On Jan 15, 2023
VaginaMiners:

You are the pathetic loser who thinks thrashing your heritage or people would grant you some acceptance on an anonymous public forum .
Your iq must be in the single digits grin grin. Uncle Tom oshi !!!
Eyah .O ma dun gan o grin
Oya pele. Ma sunkun mo. grin grin
Oniyeye!
Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by ntyce(m): 9:51am On Jan 15, 2023
INDOMIE9090:
Movie you no fit watch with your kids at home

You kuku saw age restriction...

Go and open YouTube kids if you intend watching with your kids....

3 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Xchii: 9:52am On Jan 15, 2023
amstamon:
KING OF THIEVES and
hateful Ossuu bastard.

2 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Sedonxavi: 9:52am On Jan 15, 2023
People who do not understand historical background a Yoruba film will still condemn the story. You be Yoruba una want know everything about Yoruba history

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Maj196(m): 9:54am On Jan 15, 2023
Why dem con dey show us stupid br**st for the film

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by ntyce(m): 9:55am On Jan 15, 2023
Abdul9025:

You see your life...are we talking about Hollywood movies here... You guys keeping saying the movie promote our culture whilst The movie shows something else as against our culture... can you bring evidence where in the movie or movie poster that is clearly stated +18

What was against our culture that was shown?
Is intimacy against our culture?

Go check again, PG - parental guidance was displayed.
If you're careless to allow under 16/18 watch, don't blame the producers.

3 Likes

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by starstaz(m): 9:56am On Jan 15, 2023
dalass:
He and his brothers got those talents from their father who was also a great actor and film producer and handsome to a fault...
Kudos bro
That there Father is a pure genius and super star in his days,is another story line. Mr Adelove,they called him.

1 Like

Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Tayorshd2(m): 10:00am On Jan 15, 2023
Same here too bro grin
buygala:
The feem try...

Even though I am yet to understand how the lead character wasn't recognized when he was invited to and went back to the same village people that almost beat him to death and left him for dead....

He himself didn't appear to recognize the same king that ordered his murder just a short imwhile ago, neither did the King recognise him who he had ordered his murder earlier.. Everyone just carried on as if they were seeing each other for the 1st time grin

Na dia I remove the feem, put blue feem cool
Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by Alamkir: 10:01am On Jan 15, 2023
nameo:
The film was a class act.

Very proud that a Nigerian movie top the views and was the highest grossing non-English film.

The Yoruba language was also used to really great effect in the film.

Kudos to Kunle Afolayan and Co.

Really Proud!!

So me that can speak yoruba.... Can I also watch the film?
Re: Kunle Afolayan's ‘Anikulapo’ Tops Most Watched Movies On Netflix Naija 2022 by VaginaMiners: 10:03am On Jan 15, 2023
Doyou2019:

Eyah .O ma dun gan o grin
Oya pele. Ma sunkun mo. grin grin
Oniyeye!
Alawada grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Video From The "Charly Boy Show" Featuring Tunde And Wummi Obe / Ban On 'immoral' Nigerian Star Highlights North/south Split / Portable Set To Be Featured In New Nollywood Movie In Asaba (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.