Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? (733 Views)

First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by jmoore(m): 8:35pm On Jan 14, 2023
How many pastors that tell the congregation to bring their first salary practice what they preach?

1. We need to understand that first fruits giving is an old testament practice, just like animal sacrifice, tithe etc.

2. No where in the bible was first fruits paid in monetary form. Currency was existing then. There were many professions that earned money in currency but none paid first fruits with money.

3. Do you know that part of first fruits giving stipulates that you will give your first child as a servant to God and he/she will never marry. How many of these pastors preaching first fruits stopped their first child from getting married?

Exodus 22:29 29 “You must not hold anything back when you give me offerings from your crops and your wine. “You must give me your firstborn sons.
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by muyico(m): 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2023
How did first christians do dey ha own? I mean apostle paul and peter? First church how it was operate back then?
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by Kobojunkie: 9:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
muyico:
How did first christians do dey ha own? I mean apostle paul and peter? First church how it was operate back then?
While in the world would they engage in any such when Jesus Christ never gave them a law requiring they do? undecided

By the way, Jesus Christ said those who belong to Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 20 - and His friends are those who do as He says - John 15 vs 14. So why are you looking to peter and paul as role models? undecided
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by jmoore(m): 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2023
muyico:
They didn't practice tithe, they didn't practice seed sowing. they didn't practice first fruits.

They simply gave.

2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by muyico(m): 9:07pm On Jan 14, 2023
jmoore:
They didn't practice tithe, they didn't practice seed sowing. they didn't practice first fruits.

They simply gave.
willingly? Ananiah did wot 2 deserved death panalty?
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by jmoore(m): 9:13pm On Jan 14, 2023
muyico:

Lying to the Holy spirit. If you are giving 1 naira, say you are giving 1 naira.

How can you say you are giving 1 million but you drop an envelope containing 1,000 naira?
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by Kobojunkie: 9:15pm On Jan 14, 2023
muyico:
Ananiais was supposed to, like everyone else who wishes to enter into the Narrow gate which leads to true life, sell everything he had and give it all away to the poor in order to gain the treasure that is Heaven - Matthew 7:13 & Matthew 10:39 & Matthew 16:25 & Matthew 13 vs 44 - 46. But his greed got the better of him, and he lied against the Spirit of God as a result. undecided
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by muyico(m): 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Ananiais was supposed to, like everyone else who wishes to enter into the Narrow gate which leads to true life, sell everything he had and give it all away to the poor in order to gain the treasure that is Heaven - Matthew 7:13 & Matthew 10:39 & Matthew 16:25 & Matthew 13 vs 44 - 46. But his greed got the better of him, and he lied against the Spirit of God as a result. undecided
Many pastor lies with holy spirit and didnt strike dem down! Is holy spirit of then different with d1 we ve nowaday?

1 Like

Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by muyico(m): 9:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
jmoore:

Lying to the Holy spirit. If you are giving 1 naira, say you are giving 1 naira.

How can you say you are giving 1 million but you drop an envelope containing 1,000 naira?
Many people lies with holy spirit dis days,and it does dem notinz, holy spirit of then different from the 1 we ve now?

1 Like

Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
muyico:
Many pastor lies with holy spirit and didnt strike dem down! Is holy spirit of then different with d1 we ve nowaday?
Many of your pastors aren't even born-again, to begin with, so there is no way they could lie against the holy Spirit who they don't even know. undecided

The holy spirit — the same Spirit of Truth who lives inside of Jesus Christ — lives only inside of those who are born-again and living in obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ - John 8 vs 31 - 36. Ananias was on the right path until the moment he let his greed get the better of them causing him to blaspheme, and the Spirit punished him as a result. undecided
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by muyico(m): 9:37pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Many of your pastors aren't even born-again, to begin with, so there is no way they could lie against the holy Spirit who they don't even know. undecided

The holy spirit — the same Spirit of Truth who lives inside of Jesus Christ — lives only inside of those who are born-again and living in obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ - John 8 vs 31 - 36. Ananias was on the right path until the moment he let his greed get the better of them causing him to blaspheme, and the Spirit punished him as a result. undecided
how ha u sure ananias is in right path? With death conscious? I tot JESUS CHRIST Said holy spirit wil guard us and teach us d right tinz and bad ? Ha u fully sure he in right path?
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by jmoore(m): 9:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
muyico:
Many people lies with holy spirit dis days,and it does dem notinz, holy spirit of then different from the 1 we ve now?
Go and ask the Holy Spirit.
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by Kobojunkie: 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2023
muyico:
■how ha u sure ananias is in right path? With death conscious?
■I tot JESUS CHRIST Said holy spirit wil guard us and teach us d right tinz and bad ?
■Ha u fully sure he in right path?
1. I know this because Ananias was already at the point where he was to sell everything he had, as Jesus Christ commands that we do, in order to make it through the Narrow Gate which leads to true life. Recall that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life - John 14 vs 6 - and in John 10 vs 9 - 11, He explained that He is the Narrow Gate. So, Ananias was already headed in the right direction until he looked back and blasphemed the spirit of God instead. undecided

2. Yes, Jesus Christ said that, and He also told you that anyone who blasphemed the Holy Spirit would not get away with it. In John 8 vs 31 - 36, Jesus Christ taught that it is by knowing the Truth — living your life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ(The Truth) — that you are then made free from slavery to sin by the Truth. Well, what that also means is that if you chose to disobey the Truth you will not be set free by the Truth. undecided

3. The right path is the path that leads you to Heaven at the end— provided you don't mess it up for yourself as Ananias did, is it not? undecided
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
jmoore:

Yes we know all these things, so if you don't want to obey God why disturb others who want to try?
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:56pm On Jan 14, 2023
muyico:

They were like Aaron! Remember they directly served Christ, hence like Levites, they had no work.

But we who are the Assembly are bound to obey The Law of tithes and first fruits.
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by jmoore(m): 12:50am On Jan 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes we know all these things, so if you don't want to obey God why disturb others who want to try?
Which God? god of mammon or what? Be specific next time.
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:12am On Jan 15, 2023
jmoore:

Which God? god of mammon or what? Be specific next time.

Are you mad? Did you not mention Bible and first fruit?

Please eh, keep your madness away from me.
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by jmoore(m): 1:53am On Jan 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Are you mad? Did you not mention Bible and first fruit?

Please eh, keep your madness away from me.

Armed robbers on pulpits must be exposed. Jehovah has no business with gods of men scamming congregation in the name of first fruits.
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:42am On Jan 15, 2023
jmoore:

Armed robbers on pulpits must be exposed. Jehovah has no business with gods of men scamming congregation in the name of first fruits.

It is between God and the parties involved. At least, none of them are taking your own fruits, so you do not have a right to complain.
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by jmoore(m): 7:03am On Jan 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

It is between God and the parties involved. At least, none of them are taking your own fruits, so you do not have a right to complain.
The Bible warned against false teachers. Scamming is not between God and scammers in the pulpit.
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:05am On Jan 15, 2023
jmoore:

The Bible warned against false teachers. Scamming is not between God and scammers in the pulpit.

And it is God Who would deal with the false teachers not you.
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by jmoore(m): 7:16am On Jan 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

And it is God Who would deal with the false teachers not you.
I have no business with false teachers. If your business is threatened by the TRUTH, you need to REPENT.

Same way Christians preach against fornication, is same way I am preaching against scamming by false teachers.

I am not dealing with anyone.
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:24am On Jan 15, 2023
jmoore:

I have no business with false teachers.

Like I asked are you not going mad? You just made false teachers your business now you say you have no business with them.

jmoore:

If your business is threatened by the TRUTH, you need to REPENT.

Obviously, it is not because of God you complain but because you are madly jealous of the fact that they are too annoyingly rich by it and this jealousy is what is making you mad and unjust.
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by jmoore(m): 7:37am On Jan 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Like I asked are you not going mad? You just made false teachers your business now you say you have no business with them.

Obviously, it is not because of God you complain but because you are madly jealous of the fact that they are too annoyingly rich by it and this jealousy is what is making you mad and unjust.

The bible said Proverbs 24:19-29 Don't envy evil people, and don't be jealous of the wicked.
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:43am On Jan 15, 2023
jmoore:

The bible said Proverbs 24:19-29 Don't envy evil people, and don't be jealous of the wicked.

But here you are envious of those people!
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by jmoore(m): 7:48am On Jan 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

But here you are envious of those people!
Romans 2:21 "Well then, if you teach others, why don’t you teach yourself? You tell others not to steal, but do you steal?"

Paul was envious of thieves according to worshippers of mammon.
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:56am On Jan 15, 2023
jmoore:

Romans 2:21
"Well then, if you teach others, why don’t you
teach yourself? You tell others not to steal, but
do you steal?".

You are the one in focus now and it is you who has done a wrong so deal with it. Switching the focus is you doing another wrong thing. "Do no Wrong" is The Law!
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by jmoore(m): 8:38am On Jan 22, 2023
undecided
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by jmoore(m): 7:23am On Feb 12, 2023
!
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:00am On Feb 12, 2023
muyico:

Jesus said:

Let the one who is unrighteous continue in unrighteousness, and let the filthy one continue in his filth; but let the righteous one continue in righteousness, and let the holy one continue in holiness. “‘Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to repay each one according to his work" Revelations 22:11-12

Note the bolded in red?
That's what Jesus Christ said but the bolded in black is what the Holy Spirit said to John so don't expect the Holy Spirit to kill anyone who is lying today. The only case where God's Holy Spirit attacks people is among true Christians during the day God's Holy Spirit is working with BORN AGAIN Christians to commemorate the death of Christ.
A man was strike death for climbing the pulpit to lead true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) in delivering the speech on the day of Christ's memorial.
Why? Because that same day he committed adultery with a lady whom himself and his wife were studying the Bible with. The lady instantly began screaming:
"i told him we shouldn't do it today! I told him we shouldn't do it today!"
It was later that our brothers calm her down to tell them what she meant and she told them that this man has been sleeping with her ever since they met and that very day that he's supposed to lead JWs in worship she told him that according to what himself and his wife had been teaching her such a thing shouldn't happen between them especially when he is going to lead the worship on the day of Christ's memorial when BORN AGAIN Christians are marking their day but this man told her it means nothing that he's in charge only for God's Holy Spirit to strike him dead on the platform.
The woman ever since then became a serious member and stopped her sinful life.

God's Holy Spirit killed the man and spared the woman because he was baptized but she wasn't baptized yet! undecided
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by SeniorMan715(m): 9:40am On Feb 12, 2023
What's the different between a baptized jw and non baptized jw ?
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus said:

Let the one who is unrighteous continue in unrighteousness, and let the filthy one continue in his filth; but let the righteous one continue in righteousness, and let the holy one continue in holiness. “‘Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to repay each one according to his work" Revelations 22:11-12

Note the bolded in red?
That's what Jesus Christ said but the bolded in black is what the Holy Spirit said to John so don't expect the Holy Spirit to kill anyone who is lying today. The only case where God's Holy Spirit attacks people is among true Christians during the day God's Holy Spirit is working with BORN AGAIN Christians to commemorate the death of Christ.
A man was strike death for climbing the pulpit to lead true Christians (Jehovah's Witnesses) in delivering the speech on the day of Christ's memorial.
Why? Because that same day he committed adultery with a lady whom himself and his wife were studying the Bible with. The lady instantly began screaming:
"i told him we shouldn't do it today! I told him we shouldn't do it today!"
It was later that our brothers calm her down to tell them what she meant and she told them that this man has been sleeping with her ever since they met and that very day that he's supposed to lead JWs in worship she told him that according to what himself and his wife had been teaching her such a thing shouldn't happen between them especially when he is going to lead the worship on the day of Christ's memorial when BORN AGAIN Christians are marking their day but this man told her it means nothing that he's in charge only for God's Holy Spirit to strike him dead on the platform.
The woman ever since then became a serious member and stopped her sinful life.

God's Holy Spirit killed the man and spared the woman because he was baptized but she wasn't baptized yet! undecided
Re: Giving Your First Salary As First Fruit, Biblical? by LikeAking: 11:28am On Feb 12, 2023
Giving first frits is scamlical.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why do Incidents Re-occur In Our Life? / Why Should You Live For One More Day? / What Else Could This Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.