Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,838 members, 7,813,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt (14854 Views)

The Guide To Succeeding In A Terrible Job Market / My Job Hunt Experience / I Give Up On Job Hunt. I Received Two Regret Mails Same Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Sirseedorf(m): 1:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
Went for an interview in a company at ilupeju, last year march. We were four in numbers, I was the last person to be interviewed, though I gave an absolute answers to all the manager questions, and she acknowledge it. But, the first interviewee was pick instantly while the 2nd and 3rd person were disqualified, me being the last person to be interviewed was told to go home that their would call me if there's janitorial space needed again. And the manager liked my reply that i should drop my credentials. On getting home about the next day I heard from someone that connected me to the company that I didn't dress corporate, though I put on a polo and a jean with a sander, I never thought I needed to dress corporate moreover I don't have enough clothes being that I have been jobless for Long. And it is janitorial not an office post. Well they never call or text me and i too accept my L in peace .
Now learning how to drive truck, I pray and wish to get a better offer after am done with my apprenticeship.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
jclave22:
go learn handwork
na just any handwork?If s/he complete am what next?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Mrklemo(m): 2:02pm On Jan 16, 2023
Britishcoins:
Never worked before and will never work for anyone....
After apprenticeship for 10 years, I ventured into my own business with just 300k

Just 3 years now I have my own house in the village and beautiful one in Oyo...
Stop wasting your time and learn good business.. That peanuts you called salaries is someone daily profits

Pls can you me through the business.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by freshboy88(m): 2:05pm On Jan 16, 2023
Sirseedorf:
Went for an interview in a company at ilupeju, last year march. We were for in numbers, I was the last person to be interviewed, though I gave an absolute answers to all the manager questions, and she acknowledge it. But, the first interviewee was pick instantly while the 2nd and 3rd person were disqualified, me being the last person to be interviewed was told to go home that their would call me there's janitorial space needed again. And the manager liked my reply that i should drop my credentials. On getting home about the next day I heard from someone that connected me to the company that I didn't dress corporate, though I put on a polo and a jean with a sander, I never thought I needed to dress corporate moreover I don't have enough clothes being that I have been jobless for Long. And it is janitorial not an office post. We they never call or text me and too accept me L in peace
Now learning how to drive truck, I pray and wish to get a better offer after am done with my apprenticeship.

Are you in lagos? If yes, I'm interesting in learning trucking too. Where are you learning? Cost? Duration?....details basically.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 16, 2023
I went for a job hunting at ajao estate few years back.una know say fine hotels plenty for there but to get job no dey easy.I come approach the gateman.He direct me go meet manager.manager say make i bring 2k.i give am.he say make i come the next day.i go.manager direct me go wait for the hotel bar outside.i sit down for morning till evening.na so i dey do everyday.sotay the hotel staff come dey wonder which business i get with the manager.after a week,security block me for gate.i come narrate everything give am.i tell am say make he tell manager to refund my 2k or else i go report am.na so manager bring my money back.i waka

17 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by charlesdinho7(m): 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2023
sometimes in 2021, i went for an interview not knowing is this shameless gnld people. after wasting our time for more than 2 hours, i decided to take my leave and one idiot was telling me that if i leave, that would be the end of it. i just wakka go find one chil coke buy use am cool body, go my house. e no go better for gnld people

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by ghettochild(m): 2:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
helen4:
Even when you have the opportunity to get to an interview, the level of disrespect is so much in teaching profession. So, 2021 December I and the kids relocated to hubby's at Abeokuta. Initially I was against it because that means leaving my stable job to an unknown. After series of arguments, I gave in. Hmm, long story short I have been jobless since then. Why? No job in Abeokuta and if you manage to get any, the pay is ridiculous. Last week I went for two interviews spending 1k each for tfare alone. The money quoted was 30k gross pay. Right now I am open to factory work self. What is the essence of years of experience and the certificate one owns if they can't fetch me money. Please am open to work around Laderin, Oke Mosan . Biko incase you know anything about nestle sagamu interchange recruitment help a jobless soul.
Sister why not start a Akara and yam Frying business that side. Just make it classy sha..
Gradually u will see customers most especially Okada riders demanding for u to start cooking beans.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 16, 2023
Sirseedorf:
Went for an interview in a company at ilupeju, last year march. We were for in numbers, I was the last person to be interviewed, though I gave an absolute answers to all the manager questions, and she acknowledge it. But, the first interviewee was pick instantly while the 2nd and 3rd person were disqualified, me being the last person to be interviewed was told to go home that their would call me there's janitorial space needed again. And the manager liked my reply that i should drop my credentials. On getting home about the next day I heard from someone that connected me to the company that I didn't dress corporate, though I put on a polo and a jean with a sander, I never thought I needed to dress corporate moreover I don't have enough clothes being that I have been jobless for Long. And it is janitorial not an office post. We they never call or text me and too accept me L in peace

Half Baked Degree Holders & Semi illiterate Degree Holders, Msc, Phd et all like you makes up 70% of the Messed up Nigeria's Education Sector. The funny thing is these set of mediocre people are everywhere in both low and top government offices across the nation.

Even though i understand A good written english isn't a measure of intelligence but Imagine, Take a look at the English you typed. Using "I am, I'm as Am" Using "There as Their" Too many blunders, Yet you illiterate will be shouting up and down that you couldn't get a Job. Nonsense mtcheeew

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Wapgod(m): 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2023
Britishcoins:
After apprenticeship for 10 years, I ventured into my own business with just 300k

Just 3 years now I have my own house in the village and beautiful one in Oyo...
Stop wasting your time and learn good business.. That peanuts you called salaries is someone daily profits
What business did you venture into with 300k?

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by ComradeShegs(m): 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2023
My worst experience would be swapping my phone for a lower version so I could raise money to travel from Minna to Abuja for a graduate trainee aptitude test.
The test was slated for 4pm, I left Minna 11am and came back 9pm that same day. No feedback till today...lol.

I'm in Lagos now and hoping to share my testimony very soon.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 16, 2023
Wapgod:

What business did you venture into with 300k?

Don't waste your time asking, No one will unveil the real source of their Income or how they made it to you in Nigeria. Na Whining you go collect.

Stand up, Go out there and do your own research and due diligence too.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Jefferyhi86(m): 3:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
Oga shut up, correctional flu
Evolutionlove:

Half Baked Degree Holders & Semi illiterate Degree Holders, Msc, Phd et all like you makes up 70% of the Messed up Nigeria's Education Sector. The funny thing is these set of mediocre people are everywhere in both low and top government offices across the nation.

Even though i understand A good written english isn't a measure of intelligence but Imagine, Take a look at the English you typed. Using "I am, I'm as Am" Using "There as Their" Too many blunders, Yet you illiterate will be shouting up and down that you couldn't get a Job. Nonsense mtcheeew

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Taigaban: 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2023
I just received the following this afternoon, scam or real?
Congratulations!
.....You are one of the(500 )eligible persons in AKS to benefit from the SIGP
Batch- A Enterpreneurship Support/ Empowerment series that will take place in Uyo tomorrow.
Accreditations starts:
10:30am
Venue:No. 164 Unity bank Ikot Ekpene Road(First floor up)
( Mrs Edidiong Mathew Project co-ordinator.(08146129928)
Kindly come with the text for Identification.
*Packages will be given out*

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by jmichael259(m): 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Don't waste your time asking, No one will unveil the real source of their Income or how they made it to you in Nigeria. Na Whining you go collect.

Stand up, Go out there and do your own research and due diligence too.
The person is doing research by asking. You don't need to giv dem ur own info or address. But a step by step guide on how to learn a skill won't hurt anybody.

Revolution2022:
so after learning a skill money will start coming from everywhere?
Yes, learn work properly first and not i u don sabi do am small you rush jump out.
Britishcoins:
There's no harm in giving a hint on how to learn business or join apprenticeship. All this talk without example na wash.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
Evolutionlove:

oyinbo no dey after grammar.na your productivity them dey after.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Dshocker(m): 5:01pm On Jan 16, 2023
lavylilly:
Call Tunji 08083351155, his the manager, make sure you get the job. Don't take no for answer as the girl handling the position just resigned

Look at you...

Yahoo Yahoo no dey tire yooooou, bros go find work na, abi no want work for cluuuuuub?
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by johnlaw123(m): 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2023
� � � � kai you story was man meeh, the guy play you no be small.
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Dshocker(m): 5:03pm On Jan 16, 2023
Hamachi:
So after graduating from the university about a year ago i have'nt got a job. I know most of you will say (just one year and you are complaining.) Well it does'nt matter.

All that matters is that one is without a job and it is extremely annoying and life is boring.
You see adverts everywhere of job openings and you wonder if there are just for show or if people are really getting these jobs.
Once or twice you see a testimony on nairaland that someone just got a job and you begin to pray for your own, but these days people hardly even give testimony if they got the job or not.
You wait and wait for a miracle because now your degree does not matter again. If you don't have somebody somewhere, 'na only miracle you go hope on'.

After going through school, burning mid night candles, going for lectures, doing stupid assignments that lecturers never read and struggling to see that your name is on flimsy attendance cheat for ten marks, what do you get?
Answer - A long stay in your fathers house, waiting for when somebody will visit and dash you money. Because your parents do not have your time again.
Most times, you might even here comments like" abeg do go marry" or better still "you no get boyfriend?".
Sometimes you begin to wonder what went wrong but in the end, what can one do but hope for a miracle.

Life is hard o. Especially if you are unemployed and a girl in naija.

And true true, you no get boyfriend ooO...
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by johnlaw123(m): 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2023
Tell me your skill please, I am willing to learn.
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Harnytee27(m): 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2023
Sirseedorf:

Where you dey learn that one, make we connect abeg
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Richie77: 5:44pm On Jan 16, 2023
Once in that mess.
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by Yxxx: 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2023
Dpundict:
I went to a lawfirm in 2020 June to submit my application. The receptionist faulted my 2.2 result and in my presence was throwing my application into the bin. I was shocked and I humbly asked her if I could retrieve it and I picked it from the bin where she had already dropped it. The lawfirm was at sterling towers, marina. That day a tear drop escaped from my eyes and it reduced my reliance on certificates though I am still acquiring more certificates.

What nonsense? They will do same to her 5 times.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by bsalawu: 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2023
You can partner with a Real Estate firm that's sells lands around you area and make good money. Rather than working for someone you can make good use of your time. Let me know if you are interested

helen4:
Even when you have the opportunity to get to an interview, the level of disrespect is so much in teaching profession. So, 2021 December I and the kids relocated to hubby's at Abeokuta. Initially I was against it because that means leaving my stable job to an unknown. After series of arguments, I gave in. Hmm, long story short I have been jobless since then. Why? No job in Abeokuta and if you manage to get any, the pay is ridiculous. Last week I went for two interviews spending 1k each for tfare alone. The money quoted was 30k gross pay. Right now I am open to factory work self. What is the essence of years of experience and the certificate one owns if they can't fetch me money. Please am open to work around Laderin, Oke Mosan . Biko incase you know anything about nestle sagamu interchange recruitment help a jobless soul.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by bsalawu: 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
ComradeShegs:
My worst experience would be swapping my phone for a lower version so I could raise money to travel from Minna to Abuja for a graduate trainee aptitude test.
The test was slated for 4pm, I left Minna 11am and came back 9pm that same day. No feedback till today...lol.

I'm in Lagos now and hoping to share my testimony very soon.

What's your location in Lagos. Do you mind working for a Real Estate firm.
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by shantti(m): 6:14pm On Jan 16, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Look at some of your your own blunders. I didn't even capture all. Aren't you ashamed.

13 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by anthropizzy(m): 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
iammolise:
Some years back I was very in need of work, there's this guy that runs cyber cafe I used to do photocopy and stuff in his shop. One day as usual I went there to do photocopy and one talk led to another he asked where I worked I told him, he know the company and how poor the pay is and zero employment benefits, so he asked me if I would like to work in Julius Berger which he showed me his ID card that he's a staff there and he told me a lot of mind blowing things working in Julius Berger assures, I was wowed at hearing these goodies so my interest was instant like I wanted to start work that day. Then I just got into adulthood, the guy knew over happiness will make me do anything. So he asked me to bring my CV which I have lost, so he helped me prepare another one, his printer was bad he had to take me to another cyber cafe to finish the job, all that care has now made build trust and confidence in him. When we got back that evening the first taxing began, he said he was thirsty for beer I should buy him and I did, we went to a beer parlour close by he drank 2bottles that day, we exchanged contacts and he said he will call me and assured that I will most assuredly get the job as I was going through him. Some days later he called that the company has selected people and I was among that the selected persons will converge at the main bustop in my area that the staff bus will carry everyone to the head quarters in ijora for interview and health test that I should come out very early, it got to the date but I couldn't make it there early enough, when I got there I called him that I was there but I came a little late the bastard acted like he was disappointed and was saying things like "why didn't u come early naw, now I would have to do a lot of explaining to the man that is helping us" and then he said I should wait he's coming, and then he came some minutes later, he acted like he was confused and doesn't know what to do and then he asked if I had some cash on me and I certainly came prepared for any disappointments that may occur, he then asked me to buy ampiclox from a nearby pharmacy around that it will clear any bacteria In my body so I'll pass the test and I did as instructed, and then he asked if I had enough cash that we will go by commercial transport as we've missed the staff bus. We got to Julius Berger gate, he asked me to stay outside that the security guards can arrest me for trespassing, he went inside and then came out like half an our later and then called me in, we went in and ask me to sit down at one concrete and he went inside one office and later came out that the interview and test had been cancelled, I felt like killing him but he was my ticket home coz the cash with me will not carry me home, I told him so, we now had to wait for the evening bus conveying staffs to our location, it was hell for me that day as I fell sick as a result of the ampiclox I took that morning on empty stomach, I fell very ill that evening(did I mention he collected 2k from me before we went to ijora).
To cut story short this guy played me like PS3 till he collected up to 7k before my ancestors probably slap my brain and my senses connect again and I backed out, already the guy had collected my new London used blackberry curve 7 and gave me his bb voltron or wat did they call that bb dat looked like coco yam that he needed to be in contact with the person employing staffs. Kai if I'm remembering that whole story I'll just want to use pestle and factory reset my brain one more time so I don't fall such mugu again.

Some Nigerians are really baskat.

I really feel your pain

Is well.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by anayolity: 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
Evolutionlove:

You're a big slowpoke for insulting that guy like that.

Daft

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by anayolity: 6:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
shantti:

Look at some of your your own blunders. I didn't even capture all. Aren't you ashamed.

No mind the cunt

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by theamazonguru(m): 7:31pm On Jan 16, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=120041659][/quote]
The funny thing is, different strokes for different folks

We actually see things differently.
When I lost my job in 2012. It was this GNLD marketing Job that came to my rescue.

While people were complaining and cursing them, I saw an opportunity.
As long as their is a product to be marketed there is money to be made.
I took the challenge of doing marketing job for the very first time in my life rather than subject my young family to hunger.

To get started I bought one scanning machine and some products.
The scanning machine was the game changer for me
I had the liberty to charge whatever price I felt, so I charged from 1k to 5k per person.
I went from mechanic workshop to tailors shop to the market to schools, banks and other corporate organizations after sending a proposal to them to come and do a health talk or seminar.
My ability to deliver and sound convincing is my meal ticket or otherwise.

Men and women would queue up to have their body scanned for a token. (1k-5k) /person depending on my estimate of their worth.

I could go home with 10k or 50k in a day most of the days. At least I will go home with something no matter how bad the day went.

What I see is this, one man's food is another's poison. One can choose to turn a messy situation into one's advantage.
That was what I did.
Did I like the work? NO
Did I enjoy it? NO

SO why did I do it ?
I had a family to feed and bills to pay and I was out of job.
I couldn't go about begging family and friends for urgent 2k or come online to shamelessly be constituting nuisance begging every now and then while at the same time speaking Ill of legit opportunities which perhaps I find degrading or dirty.
I would rather do those degrading and dirty jobs than beg.

And guess what, the job that paid me 450k/month came right while I was in the field at one of my GNLD seminar venues.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not advocating that everyone does GNLD or forever living products or any similar ones. However I am saying I would rather do those, if they actually pay and not scam in any way.

This story was over 10 years ago.
I cashed out from it by working hard and not just expecting GNLD to be paying me.

God bless every legit hustler on this street.
I assure you you will be alright.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by helen4(f): 8:25pm On Jan 16, 2023
bsalawu:
You can partner with a Real Estate firm that's sells lands around you area and make good money. Rather than working for someone you can make good use of your time. Let me know if you are interested
I am interested
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by helen4(f): 8:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
ghettochild:

Sister why not start a Akara and yam Frying business that side. Just make it classy sha..
Gradually u will see customers most especially Okada riders demanding for u to start cooking beans.
Thank you so much. I am thinking in that direction too.
Re: Share Your Most Terrible Job Hunt by sageb: 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
[quote author=IyaTola post=120041659][/quote]
@Pojomojo come and share your own story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 8 Successful Tips To Answer Teachers Interview Questions / Dangote Cement Plc Job Vacancies (12 Positions) / We Can’t Verify Certificates Of 80,724 Shortlisted Applicants – Police IG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.