Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,814 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

You Are Nothing Without Him - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Nothing Without Him (7169 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Nothing Without Him by kpakpandoN(m): 6:03am On Jan 15, 2023
I heard someone preaching recently and he said if God leaves him, there will be little left. I don’t know how come in his case, there would still be anything left; in my case, there would be absolutely nothing left. As for me, I am fully aware that without God, I am nothing, absolutely nothing and I tell Him that regularly.

I preached a sermon at the commissioning into ministry of one of my sons about 40 years ago. I told them about the ass that Jesus rode in Luke 19:29-38. The ass must have suddenly looked around and seen people laying down their clothes on the ground for him to walk on, with a lot of singing and dancing going on as he passed by. He must have really felt special. However, the moment Jesus got down and left him, he was abandoned. By then he must have been far from home and probably did not even know his way back. He must have passed by humans and instead of rejoicing like before, they most likely chased it away. At best, he would have ended up as a labourer on a farm. Beloved, the moment God leaves you, you are finished. You think you’re smart? Just a little tweak of a professor’s brain and he can become a mad man roaming the streets.

When people see me living holy, being humble, obeying God to the letter, it is because I don’t want Him to leave me. I don’t want to look around and discover that He is no longer with me. I don’t want to pray and have Him ignore my prayers. I am imploring you my beloved, don’t do anything that would make God leave you.

At some point on the cross, Jesus cried, “Father, why hast thou forsaken me” (Matthew 27:46). Think about it: when the whole world turned against Him, He did not mind, but when the Father turned from Him, He cried. Even if the whole world turns against you, you are fine as long as God is still on your side. Without God, you are nothing.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Yoanda33: 8:58am On Jan 15, 2023
sad

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by PellsKodak: 8:58am On Jan 15, 2023
Una suppose dey church by now oo undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Searchingvictor: 8:59am On Jan 15, 2023
Alright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Divoc19(f): 8:59am On Jan 15, 2023
Yeah. We all have a naturally God don't we?
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Hendrixky: 8:59am On Jan 15, 2023
Hmmmm....

Humans still believing that there is one alpha and omega up there in the sky..

Humans still believing that there was once a woman who got pregnant without having sex with a fertile man

Maybe na ivf hahaha

The wiser ones are using God in manipulating and altering the rest people psychologically for thier own selfish gain...

How can a man who sells anointing oil to people for protection jumps into a bullet proof car when it was time for his won protection

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by benqo01(m): 9:01am On Jan 15, 2023
TRUE EVEN WHEN THE SPIRIT OF THE GOD LEFT SAUL HE FELT IT GOD PRESENCE IN OUR LIFE IS THE BEST GIFT EVER

2 Likes

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:02am On Jan 15, 2023
Wrong. Imaginary gods like Yahweh are nothing without their unthinking followers. Ask Zeus and his colleagues.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Beautiful94: 9:02am On Jan 15, 2023
I am not a religious fanatic. As a matter of fact i have not gone to church this year but i love God and hold him dearly and the reason is that i love to think that i have a higher being i can report my problems to.
I believe in logic and reasoning but where everything else fails including my strength i like to say " may your will be done" or "maybe it is not God's will for me"
It gives me peace.

4 Likes

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by JealousCobra(m): 9:02am On Jan 15, 2023
Religious fanatics over to una.
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Dtruthspeaker: 9:04am On Jan 15, 2023
ReacherSaidNoth:
Wrong. Imaginary gods like Yahweh are nothing without their unthinking followers.

That is why you people are too stupid. You live without your phones and cars and robots but those toys can not live without you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by AntiChristian: 9:06am On Jan 15, 2023
OP is wrong!
Jesus on the cross said God has abandon him.

If he can be abandoned and still be on his own then Christians can be on autopilot!

The preacher is correct!
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Dtruthspeaker: 9:08am On Jan 15, 2023
Hendrixky:
Hmmmm....

Humans still believing that there was once a woman who got pregnant without having sex with a fertile man

Whether your toys believe you or not, it does not matter for whatever you want to do to them, will be done and they can not stop it
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by ajekpaks(m): 9:38am On Jan 15, 2023
okay
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by oluwaseyi0: 9:51am On Jan 15, 2023
He's nothing without me
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Brendaniel: 9:55am On Jan 15, 2023
God is the ultimate....

oluwaseyi0:
He's nothing without me

Are you nothing without your phone?
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by kingxsamz(m): 10:03am On Jan 15, 2023
Man created your god.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Righthussle: 10:15am On Jan 15, 2023
They'll tell you you need their God in your life. When you believe them, they will invite to the house of their God, when you go to the house of their God, they will tell you how their God can do all things for, and how their God will protect you, then they will tell you how their God needs 10 percent of your monthly income and how they(pastors) need your money to do the "work" of their God. When you give them your hard earned money thinking you're giving to their God, they will use your money to build expensive schools that your children can't attend. They will use your money to buy bulletproof cars and pay armed security men for protection.

It is at this point that a wise person will ask himself or herself some important questions like if their God can really protect me as they claim why will they waste their money on bulletproof cars and armed security?

If their heaven is real and so cool as they claim, why are they avoiding death with everything they have.

3 Likes

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by OGwales(m): 10:36am On Jan 15, 2023
God is nothing but human creation. So without humans God is useless.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by HomeTutorsPro: 10:47am On Jan 15, 2023
kpakpandoN:
I heard someone preaching recently and he said if God leaves him, there will be little left. I don’t know how come in his case, there would still be anything left; in my case, there would be absolutely nothing left. As for me, I am fully aware that without God, I am nothing, absolutely nothing and I tell Him that regularly.

I preached a sermon at the commissioning into ministry of one of my sons about 40 years ago. I told them about the ass that Jesus rode in Luke 19:29-38. The ass must have suddenly looked around and seen people laying down their clothes on the ground for him to walk on, with a lot of singing and dancing going on as he passed by. He must have really felt special. However, the moment Jesus got down and left him, he was abandoned. By then he must have been far from home and probably did not even know his way back. He must have passed by humans and instead of rejoicing like before, they most likely chased it away. At best, he would have ended up as a labourer on a farm. Beloved, the moment God leaves you, you are finished. You think you’re smart? Just a little tweak of a professor’s brain and he can become a mad man roaming the streets.

When people see me living holy, being humble, obeying God to the letter, it is because I don’t want Him to leave me. I don’t want to look around and discover that He is no longer with me. I don’t want to pray and have Him ignore my prayers. I am imploring you my beloved, don’t do anything that would make God leave you.

At some point on the cross, Jesus cried, “Father, why hast thou forsaken me” (Matthew 27:46). Think about it: when the whole world turned against Him, He did not mind, but when the Father turned from Him, He cried. Even if the whole world turns against you, you are fine as long as God is still on your side. Without God, you are nothing.
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

Did God actually forsake Jesus on the cross?
If yes why did God forsake His only begotten son?
If no why did Jesus cry that God has forsaken him?
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by bigdammyj: 10:50am On Jan 15, 2023
Truth noted.
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by advocatejare(m): 11:19am On Jan 15, 2023
AntiChristian:
OP is wrong!
Jesus on the cross said God has abandon him.

If he can be abandoned and still be on his own then Christians can be on autopilot!

The preacher is correct!
Did you know when Muhammad prayed to Allah to heal him from the sickness the poison he ate gave him, Allah couldn’t save Muhammad?

1 Like

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Ginomel(m): 12:21pm On Jan 15, 2023
Hendrixky:
Hmmmm....

Maybe na ivf hahaha

The wiser ones are using God in manipulating and altering the rest people psychologically for thier own selfish gain...

How can a man who sells anointing oil to people for protection jumps into a bullet proof car when it was time for his won protection

Have you ever heard of reverse argument? The more you struggle to prove that God does not exist,the more you are convincing yourself and others that he exists. even without anybody arguing with you, only you struggle to disprove yourself that God exists.

I know you know that He exists.

1 Like

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by DWJOBScom(m): 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
I am nothing without God
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by FavouredNK: 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
Hendrixky:
Hmmmm....

Maybe na ivf hahaha

No man or woman should be a yardstick for you to measure God's power and ability. However you see God doesn't stop him from being God so believe whatever you want to believe till the day God will choose to prove himself mighty in your life. We will still be here to hear your confession.
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Hendrixky: 1:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
FavouredNK:

No man or woman should be a yardstick for you to measure God's power and ability. However you see God doesn't stop him from being God so believe whatever you want to believe till the day God will choose to prove himself mighty in your life. We will still be here to hear your confession.

There is no God son

Wake up to reality

1 Like

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by FavouredNK: 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2023
Hendrixky:

There is no God son

Wake up to reality

God have mercy on your lost soul
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Bluntemperor: 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
Righthussle:
Today they'll tell you , you need their God in your life. When you believe them, they will invite to the house of their God, when you go to the house of their God,
they will tell you how their God can do all things for, and how their God will protect you then they will tell you how their God needs 10 percent of your monthly income and how they(pastors) need your money to do the "work" of their God. When you give them your hard earned money thinking you're giving to their God, they will use your money to build expensive schools that your children can't attend. They will use your money to buy bulletproof cars and pay armed security men for protection. And then you'll begin if their God can only protect you and not them.

Funny!
In the history of the Church and the Gospel,no one has ever forced anyone to contribute but by will.
So your coming to the Church is for your own good and your giving is for your good as well,so stop talking on what you don't know!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prayers To Break All Ties Of Incubus And Succubus. And My Own Personal Experienc / The 10 Dogmata Of Mordern Science / To Recover Back Your Glory, Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.