Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,088 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

You Are Nothing Without Him - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Nothing Without Him (7170 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Justbeingreal(m): 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
grin
Righthussle:
They'll tell you you need their God in your life. When you believe them, they will invite to the house of their God, when you go to the house of their God, they will tell you how their God can do all things for, and how their God will protect you, then they will tell you how their God needs 10 percent of your monthly income and how they(pastors) need your money to do the "work" of their God. When you give them your hard earned money thinking you're giving to their God, they will use your money to build expensive schools that your children can't attend. They will use your money to buy bulletproof cars and pay armed security men for protection. And then you'll ask yourself if their God can only protect you and not them.
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Justbeingreal(m): 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
Righthussle:
They'll tell you you need their God in your life. When you believe them, they will invite to the house of their God, when you go to the house of their God, they will tell you how their God can do all things for, and how their God will protect you, then they will tell you how their God needs 10 percent of your monthly income and how they(pastors) need your money to do the "work" of their God. When you give them your hard earned money thinking you're giving to their God, they will use your money to build expensive schools that your children can't attend. They will use your money to buy bulletproof cars and pay armed security men for protection. And then you'll ask yourself if their God can only protect you and not them.

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Jumbojax(m): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2023
HomeTutorsPro:

Did God actually forsake Jesus on the cross?
If yes why did God forsake His only begotten son?
If no why did Jesus cry that God has forsaken him?
Yes He forsook Him. Only way the Son of God could die. He gave His life for us.
The doctrine of substitution shows that God forsook His Son so that He will never take away His Holy Spirit from the believer. Hallelujah!!!!
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Kobojunkie: 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
Beautiful94:
■I am not a religious fanatic. As a matter of fact i have not gone to church this year but i love God and hold him dearly and the reason is that i love to think that i have a higher being i can report my problems to.
I believe in logic and reasoning but where everything else fails including my strength i like to say " may your will be done" or "maybe it is not God's will for me"
It gives me peace.
God instead told you that it is not by mouth that you hold Him dear but by your deeds. Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments- John 14 vs 15 - 20: His friends are those who do what He says - John 15 vs 14. . So telling us you means nothing to God.. undecided
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Kobojunkie: 7:08pm On Jan 15, 2023
Jumbojax:
■ Yes He forsook Him. Only way the Son of God could die. He gave His life for us.
■The doctrine of substitution shows that God forsook His Son so that He will never take away His Holy Spirit from the believer. Hallelujah!!!!
1. I don't understand. Jesus Christ was hung on a tree to die, a cursed death, and all those who are cursed by God are forsaken by Him. But you are saying that God forsook Jesus Christ --- who in John 10 vs 14 - 18 that His Life was His own to lay down and pick back up again ---- in order that Jesus Christ could die?, undecided

2. God forsook a cursed Jesus Christ in order that He will never take away His Holy Spirit from the believers? This doesn't make sense since at that time God had not even given His Holy Spirit to the believers? undecided
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Kobojunkie: 7:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
HomeTutorsPro:
■ Did God actually forsake Jesus on the cross? If yes why did God forsake His only begotten son?
■ If no why did Jesus cry that God has forsaken him?
1. Yes, everyone who is cursed by God is forsaken by God. undecided

2. As Jesus Christ explained to you, He was forsaken by God since He was hung on the cross to die a cursed death. undecided
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by spencekat(m): 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
Exactly, without Him,I am finished.
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
Righthussle:
■They'll tell you you need their God in your life. When you believe them, they will invite to the house of their God, when you go to the house of their God, they will tell you how their God can do all things for, and how their God will protect you, then they will tell you how their God needs 10 percent of your monthly income and how they(pastors) need your money to do the "work" of their God. When you give them your hard earned money thinking you're giving to their God, they will use your money to build expensive schools that your children can't attend. They will use your money to buy bulletproof cars and pay armed security men for protection.
■It is at this point that a wise person will ask himself or herself some important questions like if their God can really protect me as they claim why will they waste their money on bulletproof cars and armed security? If their heaven is real and so cool as they claim, why are they avoiding death with everything they have.
1. The same script a conman uses? undecided

2. An even wiser man will ask why he is having to go through other men who have one head like he does in order to reach God. undecided

1 Like

Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
Bluntemperor:
■Funny! In the history of the Church and the Gospel,no one has ever forced anyone to contribute but by will. So your coming to the Church is for your own good and your giving is for your good as well,so stop talking on what you don't know!
According to whom? God or the conmen who run those church businesses? undecided
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by xproducer: 10:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." - John 15:5

"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." - Philippians 2:13
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Jumbojax(m): 9:43am On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I don't understand. Jesus Christ was hung on a tree to die, a cursed death, and all those who are cursed by God are forsaken by Him. But you are saying that God forsook Jesus Christ --- who in John 10 vs 14 - 18 that His Life was His own to lay down and pick back up again ---- in order that Jesus Christ could die?, undecided

2. God forsook a cursed Jesus Christ in order that He will never take away His Holy Spirit from the believers? This doesn't make sense since at that time God had not even given His Holy Spirit to the believers? undecided

1. This is the doctrine of substitution. God looks at you and sees Christ, God looks at Christ on the cross and sees you. God treated Christ like He lived my life and yours. 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

2. Well even since the old testament, God gave His Spirit to the old testament saints that believed in the coming saviour. That's why David said Psalms 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy Holy spirit from me.
Plus why would God take away your only ability to live holy as a punishment for not living holy.
Jesus paid the full price, took the complete anger of God for your sins and mine. Believest thou this shocked
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jumbojax:
1. This is the doctrine of substitution. God looks at you and sees Christ, God looks at Christ on the cross and sees you. God treated Christ like He lived my life and yours. 2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.

2. Well even since the old testament, God gave His Spirit to the old testament saints that believed in the coming saviour. That's why David said Psalms 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy Holy spirit from me.Plus why would God take away your only ability to live holy as a punishment for not living holy.
■ Jesus paid the full price, took the complete anger of God for your sins and mine. Believest thou this shocked
1. That sure is a doctrine of bullsheet. God is not blind that He cannot tell me from Jesus Christ. undecided

2. God gave His Holy Spirit in the Old Testament to His prophets who had first proved themselves Holy through obedience of His teachings and commandments. As for the kings, God anointed them not based on Holiness but because they were to sit as Kings on the throne that belonged to Him. The work of the Holy Spirit isn't to make on Holy. Instead, He is Holy and can only abide in those who have through submission and obedience of God's teachings and commandments being made Holy and acceptable to Him to live on or inside of. What that means is that should such a one choose to abandon the following of God's way , the Spirit would have no obligations no remain in such a one. Consider the cases of Saul, Solomon, and the many others who abandoned God and the Spirit of God also left. undecided

Again, the Holy Spirit is not your ability to live a Holy life. Instead, in Jesus Christ, He is God's seal who works to help us do the works that Jesus Christ did and more. undecided

3. Jesus Christ did not say that. Instead, your pastors and mogs fed you that tale. What Jesus Christ did was redeemed the lost sheep of Israel --- those whom the Father sent Him to ---- from God's Old Law and curse on them as they failed to obey God in it, ushering them into a New Covenant and change to do right by God. undecided
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Jumbojax(m): 5:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. That sure is a doctrine of bullsheet. God is not blind that He cannot tell me from Jesus Christ. undecided

2. God gave His Holy Spirit in the Old Testament to His prophets who had first proved themselves Holy through obedience of His teachings and commandments. As for the kings, God anointed them not based on Holiness but because they were to sit as Kings on the throne that belonged to Him. The work of the Holy Spirit isn't to make on Holy. Instead, He is Holy and can only abide in those who have through submission and obedience of God's teachings and commandments being made Holy and acceptable to Him to live on or inside of. What that means is that should such a one choose to abandon the following of God's way , the Spirit would have no obligations no remain in such a one. Consider the cases of Saul, Solomon, and the many others who abandoned God and the Spirit of God also left. undecided

Again, the Holy Spirit is not your ability to live a Holy life. Instead, in Jesus Christ, He is God's seal who works to help us do the works that Jesus Christ did and more. undecided

3. Jesus Christ did not say that. Instead, your pastors and mogs fed you that tale. What Jesus Christ did was redeemed the lost sheep of Israel --- those whom the Father sent Him to ---- from God's Old Law and curse on them as they failed to obey God in it, ushering them into a New Covenant and change to do right by God. undecided
1. Jesus did not commit any sin. Why would God want His son to die like a sinner. Except if He wanted Him to take the place of sinners.

2. Yes God took His Spirit from Saul. And that's what the disadvantage the Christian Has over someone like Saul. He won't take away His Spirit from you. Now the Christian can quench the Spirit 1 Thessalonians 5:19 Quench not the Spirit. But a seal is a seal because it can never be broken. If you believe and trust that Christ has paid for all your sins you are eternally secure for heaven.

3. Well, are you one of the lost sheep of Israel
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Kobojunkie: 5:12pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jumbojax:
1. Jesus did not commit any sin. Why would God want His son to die like a sinner. Except if He wanted Him to take the place of sinners.

2. Yes God took His Spirit from Saul. And that's what the disadvantage the Christian Has over someone like Saul. He won't take away His Spirit from you. Now the Christian can quench the Spirit 1 Thessalonians 5:19 Quench not the Spirit. But a seal is a seal because it can never be broken. If you believe and trust that Christ has paid for all your sins you are eternally secure for heaven.

3. Well, are you one of the lost sheep of Israel
1. Jesus Christ did not die like a sinner. He was hung on a cross to die a cursed death. He did so in order that He could be fully capable of serving as redeemed for all cursed of Israel. undecided

2. He won't? First of all, according to Jesus Christ, only those who through continuous submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments are set free from slavery by the Truth ---- those who have proven themselves worthy of the Truth of God --- go on to become Holy and acceptable vessels of God can have the Holy Spirit of God come and live on the inside of them - John 8 vs 31 - 38 & John 14 vs 15 - 25. Second, Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear in His teachings that it is only those who stand faithful--- in continuous submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments ---- until the very end that will be saved - Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13 - as in sealed by the Spirit of God. So, do not be deceived. undecided

3. As I said, only those who are of the Lost sheep can be saved by Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Jumbojax(m): 5:22pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ did not die like a sinner. He was hung on a cross to die a cursed death. He did so in order that He could be fully capable of serving as redeemed for all cursed of Israel. undecided

2. He won't? First of all, according to Jesus Christ, only those who through continuous submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments are set free from slavery by the Truth ---- those who have proven themselves worthy of the Truth of God --- go on to become Holy and acceptable vessels of God can have the Holy Spirit of God come and live on the inside of them - John 8 vs 31 - 38 & John 14 vs 15 - 25. Second, Jesus Christ made it abundantly clear in His teachings that it is only those who stand faithful--- in continuous submission and obedience of His teachings and commandments ---- until the very end that will be saved - Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13 - as in sealed by the Spirit of God. So, do not be deceived. undecided

3. As I said, only those who are of the Lost sheep can be saved by Jesus Christ. undecided

1. He was numbered among transgressors Mark 15: 28. The crucifixion was more about shame. A slow and shameful death. The sinless saviour died naked on a cross bleeding so that any sinner who believes in Him can be saved.

2. Of course who that shall endure the hatred of the world by the love of God till the end shall be saved. Sure.

3. Well you're African. Hence you're not the lost sheep of Israel. Right? Does that mean you're not saved undecided
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jumbojax:
1. He was numbered among transgressors Mark 15: 28. The crucifixion was more about shame. A slow and shameful death. The sinless saviour died naked on a cross bleeding so that any sinner who believes in Him can be saved.

2. Of course who that shall endure the hatred of the world by the love of God till the end shall be saved. Sure.

3. Well you're African. Hence you're not the lost sheep of Israel. Right? Does that mean you're not saved undecided
1. He was numbered among the transgressors does not mean He was a transgressor. His death was in order that He may redeem all those cursed by God. undecided

2. Jesus Christ said instead it is instead in submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments, not endurance of the world, that one is saved. undecided

3. God stated that all those He cursed would be scattered to the 4 winds ---- to every tribe, every language and every nation of the earth --- so there are right in every African community those who are descendants of Jacob. undecided
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Jumbojax(m): 6:38pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. He was numbered among the transgressors does not mean He was a transgressor. His death was in order that He may redeem all those cursed by God. undecided

2. Jesus Christ said instead it is instead in submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments, not endurance of the world, that one is saved. undecided

3. God stated that all those He cursed would be scattered to the 4 winds ---- to every tribe, every language and every nation of the earth --- so there are right in every African community those who are descendants of Jacob. undecided
1. Yes of course. Jesus was eternally holy, harmless and undefiled. Hanging on the cross he was blameless, Holy, Harmless and undefiled. But God put all the sins of the whole world on Him as an atonement and His soul still was sent to Hell for three days for our sakes Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

2. No. Jesus said if you love me you will do my commandment. And John 3:16 already covers that loving God is not how you get to heaven. Believing in Christ is how you get to heaven.

3. No. He said He will gather His saints from the 4 corners of the earth at the rapture.
Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall GATHER together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Jan 29, 2023
Jumbojax:

1. Yes of course. Jesus was eternally holy, harmless and undefiled. Hanging on the cross he was blameless, Holy, Harmless and undefiled. But God put all the sins of the whole world on Him as an atonement and His soul still was sent to Hell for three days for our sakes Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

2. No. Jesus said if you love me you will do my commandment. And John 3:16 already covers that loving God is not how you get to heaven. Believing in Christ is how you get to heaven.

3. No. He said He will gather His saints from the 4 corners of the earth at the rapture.
Matt 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall GATHER together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
1. Where in scripture did God tell you that He did what you claim in bold? undecided

2. When you read scripture, try to carefully process what is in fact written and make sure to keep your private delusions out as well. undecided

John 3 vs 16 only speaks of God giving eternal life in place of Death - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 - those who choose to believe in Jesus Christ. John 3 vs 16 does not state they are guaranteed the love of God in Jesus Christ nor Heaven. So do not confuse yourself by reading extra meaning into what is written. undecided

3. Again, God stated that all those He cursed would be scattered to the 4 winds ---- to every tribe, every language and every nation of the earth --- so there are right in every African community those who are descendants of Jacob. undecided
Re: You Are Nothing Without Him by xproducer: 7:05pm On Jan 29, 2023
"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned." - John 15:4-6

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 10 Dogmata Of Mordern Science / Prayers To Break All Ties Of Incubus And Succubus. And My Own Personal Experienc / Are All Leaders Appointed By God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.