Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,524 members, 7,837,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election (2117 Views)

Tinubu Abandoned Us After 2023 Election, APC Women Leaders Lament / I’m Terribly Shocked By Buhari,There’ll Be PTB After 2023 Election –Tunde Bakare / Bode George: I Can Help Stabilise PDP Until After 2023 General Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by ubest1(m): 9:33am On Jan 15, 2023
My Observation based on Igbo's & Yoruba around me. The Igbo's believe 2023 election should be their turn expecting support from Yoruba and others, just as the Igbo's did in the past to Yoruba's.

Unfortunately Tinubu & Obi came in same time with high expectations, but after this election if ATIKU win the political enemity between Yoruba's & Igbo's will increase which automatically favours North/South-South.

If BAT or OBI win the relationship can be easily manage through appointment & development.

Finally Yoruba's & Igbo's should understand their continue political fight favour North and Hausa/Fulani will want it so forever for political advantage.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by moscow007: 9:53am On Jan 15, 2023
ubest1:
My Observation based on Igbo's & Yoruba around me. The Igbo's believe 2023 election should be their turn expecting support from Yoruba and others, just as the Igbo's did in the past to Yoruba's.

Unfortunately Tinubu & Obi came in same time with high expectations, but after this election if ATIKU win the political enemity between Yoruba's & Igbo's will increase which automatically favours North/South-South.

If BAT or OBI win the relationship can be easily manage through appointment & development.

Finally Yoruba's & Igbo's should understand their continue political fight favour North and Hausa/Fulani will want it so forever for political advantage.

Thank God someone said it
If you've been following comments and opinions on here on Nairaland Urchins have been firing from all cylinders against the whole Igbo tribe, it's no longer an Obi thing.
All the comments from Obedients has been against Tinubu (and a few others against Yoruba Muslims), believe me when I tell you this...alot of Igbo people against Tinubu is because of these pay per click Urchins he hired, their hate against the Igbo Nation is out of this world (especially @leoking formally @ simpleleo the fraudster) Me..I'm Delta Igbo and I will vote for Osibanjo twice before considering Obi.

It has nothing to do with tribe but everything to do with competence.

Osibanjo was the first to propose modular refineries which would've ended fuel scarcity and subsidy, if the powers that be had allowed him implement it. (As at date no candidate is taking about modular refineries). All the boys u are seeing in the creeks refining Kerosene will obtain licence and own their own modular refineries to produce what we use under global best practices and standards and pay taxes to Govt.

Secondly he nearly redefined Nigeria monetary policy and international business policy by proposing the Naira-Yuan(RMB) swap via Union pay...over 90% of Nigeria's Dollars needs is for imports from China. Why on earth do we need to change naira to dollar before changing it to RMB before we can get goods from China.
That Osibanjo's Naira-Yuan policy would've taken care of all our FX needs, but once again the power brokers and cartel from CBN that have been running Dollars organised crime visited Buhari with US emissary and that policy died.

My brother if Osibanjo had moved to another party like Obi did... my political group and tonnes of other Igbo groups will take it personal to make sure he wins, even with Obi on d ballot. We know Osibanjo and wat he stands for...wat does Tinubu stand for?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by JASONjnr(m): 10:30am On Jan 15, 2023
Like you rightly said....

The division is in favour of the north.

But the Yorubas will rather support the north because, a good number of Yorubas are Muslims and they're very attached to their religion more than the region of southernness...

This is why, majority of the Yorubas believe that either as a Muslim or Christians, Yorubas stand as one....and because they speak in one voice, their support for the north will always sell them off any support for the south.

SouthSouth and East can't work alone except the country is constitutionally divided to share power into zones...
Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by duro4chang(m): 10:41am On Jan 15, 2023
After election the hatred will be towards the yoruba and not against hausa again.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by oyatz(m): 12:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
JASONjnr:

But the Yorubas will rather support the north because, a good number of Yorubas are Muslims and they're very attached to their religion more than the region of southernness...

This is why, majority of the Yorubas believe that either as a Muslim or Christians, Yorubas stand as one....and because they speak in one voice, their support for the north will always sell them off any support for the south.

SouthSouth and East can't work alone except the country is constitutionally divided to share power into zones...

After the election, hatred from all sides will gradually fizzle out remaining hatred for the FG.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by mrvitalis(m): 12:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
ubest1:

Are Igbos wrong for saying it's their turn based on zoning ? Why don't you state the truth for once ?

Igbos have always said without zoning and all south backing a region in the south north would rule forever

We were told we don't know how to play politics

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by duro4chang(m): 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
JASONjnr:

I have seen many igbo on nairaland who said they prefered hausa to become the president instead of yoruba

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by ItsTutsi(m): 1:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
Ibo didn't support Yoruba, in fact they went against the popular candidate of Yoruba.. the electioon was between 2 Yoruba candidates .. if they didnt support Obasanjo, the other candidate will still be Yoruba, so stop twisting events!
moscow007:

If you've been following comments and opinions on here on Nairaland Urchins have been firing from all cylinders against the whole Igbo tribe, it's no longer an Obi thing.
All the comments from Obedients has been against Tinubu (and a few others against Yoruba Muslims), believe me when I tell you this...alot of Igbo people against Tinubu is because of these pay per click Urchins he hired, their hate against the Igbo Nation is out of this world (especially @leoking formally @ simpleleo the fraudster) Me..I'm Delta Igbo and I will vote for Osibanjo twice before considering Obi.

Osibanjo was the first to propose modular refineries which would've ended fuel scarcity and subsidy, if the powers that be had allowed him implement it. (As at date no candidate is taking about modular refineries). All the boys u are seeing in the creeks refining Kerosene will obtain licence and own their own modular refineries to produce what we use under global best practices and standards and pay taxes to Govt.

Secondly he nearly redefined Nigeria monetary policy and international business policy by proposing the Naira-Yuan(RMB) swap via Union pay...over 90% of Nigeria's Dollars needs is for imports from China. Why on earth do we need to change naira to dollar before changing it to RMB before we can get goods from China.
That Osibanjo's Naira-Yuan policy would've taken care of all our FX needs, but once again the power brokers and cartel from CBN that have been running Dollars organised crime visited Buhari with US emissary and that policy died.

My brother if Osibanjo had moved to another party like Obi did... my political group and tonnes of other Igbo groups will take it personal to make sure he wins, even with Obi on d ballot. We know Osibanjo and wat he stands for...wat does Tinubu stand for?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by moscow007: 1:38pm On Jan 15, 2023
ItsTutsi:
Ibo didn't support Yoruba, in fact they went against the popular candidate of Yoruba.. the electioon was between 2 Yoruba candidates .. if they didnt support Obasanjo, the other candidate will still be Yoruba, so stop twisting events!

It's saddening that u would stand truth on its head to prove a non existing point, personally I hate the deteriorating relationship between Igbos and Yorubas...I served in one of the Yoruba states some decades ago and I met awesome learned guys into tech and they were helpful.

To begin to twist history and sabotage ur future and ur kids future becos of politicians that have less than 20 more years on earth is regrettably foolish.

Sir Alex Ekwueme who was founding member of PDP stepped down for Obasanjo, 40% of OBJ's votes came from Old Eastern region, Yorubas rejected him and never supported their own...OBJ got more opposition from the Western region throughout his tenure than any other region.

Look, all I'm saying is during one of those whatsapp meetings u Urchins have... please appeal to them to Audit Obi, curse him and do wateva they want and leave the whole Igbo tribe out of it, the ethnic tension they are nursing won't end well ooo. Fulani no care abt Yoruba ooo. They won't survive Igbo's if they return the hostility.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by Tinubuadvocate: 1:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
Yoruba don't need igbo help and igbo don't need Yoruba help .

1 Like

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by Brimstone77: 1:46pm On Jan 15, 2023

There's no relationship between igbos and Yorubas!

The only thing we share together is that country NIGERIA, dissolve Nigeria today and you will find out that we have absolutely nothing in common..

An average Igbo man will be more comfortable living or staying with a Ghanaian than living with a Yoruba man, same way Yorubas will prefer someone from bini republic to an Igbo man..

I wonder why people always believe we have anything together..

6 Likes

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by duro4chang(m): 1:50pm On Jan 15, 2023
Brimstone77:

There's no relationship between igbos and Yorubas!

The only thing we share together is that country NIGERIA, dissolve Nigeria today and you will find out that we have absolutely nothing in common..Why do you still rush to yorubland in hundreds on daily basis? Why is it that the Igbo in Ghana still complain?

An average Igbo man will be more comfortable living or staying with a Ghanaian than living with a Yoruba man, same way Yorubas will prefer someone from bini republic to an Igbo man..

I wonder why people always believe we have anything together..
Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by Kayyy: 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2023
moscow007:

Please Shut up, and I have not insulted on this forum before, shut up, no tribe should come on this nairaland political forum to claim victims, it is the most annoying thing I see here often, all the Igbo and Yoruba posters on this section of nairaland are guilty of the same tribal bigotry, they do the same , seek the same relevance, what happens after the elections should be decided then, as I am speaking now, some of you on both sides are probably currently doing the same tribal bigotry, infact the notion that someone can come up on any political thread as Igbo or Yoruba to claim victimhood is the most annoying and insulting thing after all that has happened here

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by toneroforever(m): 1:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
duro4chang:
I have seen many igbo on nairaland who said they prefered hausa to become the president instead of yoruba

If we switch to ultra tribalism mode, then the best shot for Yorubas is still for Tinubu to win.

Tinubu's victory will elongate APC's reign at the center and this is the only national party Yorubas r comfortable with. Remember that Yorubas r so much into regional politics than national politics,it took the collaboration of PMB & BAT to form APC.
The other national party is PDP & Yorubas despise it. So an Atiku win will take them away from national politics except they decide to decamp to PDP but it will still be hard for the locals to support it.

However an Obi win is the best option for every Nigerian because he is not like those super corrupt siasmese twins, PDAPC (Tinubu & Atiku) as he has introduced a new dimension to our politics by giving power back to the people. However if he disappoints, it will also be very easy to shove him aside because he has raised expectationss to an all-time high. Nigeria should endeavor to get it right this time around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by TechW: 1:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
ItsTutsi:
Is obj an Hausa man,? you presented two, and Igbo supported the one that had experience with executive powers. Atleast support an Igbo candidate for once because Igbo voted for obj instead of ojukwu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by updatechange(m): 1:54pm On Jan 15, 2023
Still remain the same… we love each other. kiss
Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by ImperialYoruba: 1:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
ubest1:

This is a good topic but written without focus.
I am left in a loop after reading it. Good effort nonetheless.
Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by toneroforever(m): 2:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
Tinubuadvocate:
Yoruba don't need igbo help and igbo don't need Yoruba help .

Well said

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by huptin(m): 2:06pm On Jan 15, 2023
In this 2023 election, Yorubas are sharply divided between those for Tinubu and those against. Those against will either vote Obi or abstain from voting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by mrvitalis(m): 2:10pm On Jan 15, 2023
Superwave16320:
You igbos think you overwise but na una foolish pass. Is zoning based on zoning or on tribe ? Or you think you can keep shifting goal post as it favours you ba ?

Power sharing is btw the North n South not btw tribes n should you decide it btw tribe what tribe in particular is it Hausa Yoruba Fulani Igbo Ijaw or

HausaFulani
Yoruba
Igbo

Cos if it is the later Ebele Jonatha comes from the Igbo region if you do not accept that claim then the Hausa is yet to rule as Yardua n Fulani are both Fulani either way you twist it Igbo will lose. No matter how you twist the argument except you argue with those not vast on politics of Nigeria.

Zoning is based on zones we have 6 zones ,3 north ,3 south

South west have ruled , south south have ruled if it's coming down south again should it not be south east ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by Brimstone77: 2:13pm On Jan 15, 2023
duro4chang:
What I am trying to say is that we all depend on one another.

We don't depend on each other..

The both tribe have every potential to succeed without the other..

We are human,we are Africans and we are Nigerians aside these three things we share absolutely no other relationship together..
Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by duro4chang(m): 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
Brimstone77:

We don't depend on each other..

The both tribe have every potential to succeed without the other..

We are human,we are Africans and we are Nigerians aside these three things we share absolutely no other relationship together..
I am not forcing any tribe to depend on one another. If you know you are tired of other tribes or tribe then go back your village and see how easy it is.

1 Like

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by duro4chang(m): 2:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
oyatz:

After the election, hatred from all sides will gradually fizzle out remaining hatred for the FG.
I disagree with you. The hatred will now be towards the tribe that produces the president. The reason is that no single individual can restructure or build the country. It requires the efforts of all of us. A situation where some are building and some are pulling down then there will be no growth.

1 Like

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by Brimstone77: 2:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
duro4chang:
I am not forcing any tribe to depend on one another. If you know you are tired of other tribes or tribe then go back your village and see how easy it is.

I'm not tired of any tribe because I have never stayed with any of them(and I don't wish to)

I base in my region and I'm comfortable,if there should be any need to travel out of my region then I will be leaving the shore of the country entirely..
Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by seunmsg(m): 2:21pm On Jan 15, 2023
ubest1:

Anyone but Peter Obi is okay.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by ubest1(m): 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
Yes even in SS where I came from believe if not Obi let Atiku has it. Everyone mindset are Obi is better & is East turn, in other hand they expecting YORUBA to support Obi which majority of the learned/ Christian YORUBA's are silently supporting Obi but the online APC guys are making it look like Yoruba's are against Obi, las-las East & West unity alone will make North respect South and treat all region/religion equal

duro4chang:
Re: Igbo's & Yoruba Relationship After 2023 Election by Zulum500: 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
ItsTutsi:

You de mind the block Head

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Section 77 Of The Electoral Act 2022, Flaws APC's Response To Obi's Petition / Seyi Tinubu Wants To Forcefully Grab My Legally Acquired Land—lagos Real Estate / Son Of Nigeria’s First Prime Minister Kidnapped In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.