Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant (40433 Views)

Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA / Bandits Shoot At Emir Of Birnin Gwari’s Convoy, Destroy Vehicles / Another Fulani Settlement Dislodged At Uburu Ama-achi In Abakaliki Lga, Ebonyi S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by ghiloman28(m): 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
Omo this people are just heartless damn

3 Likes

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by itsRhamzy: 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
Coincidentally I visited one of my relatives who happens to reside at a stone throw from where the unfortunate incident happened and all I can say is this story here is not entirely true.

The men came in their vehicles and sped past at around 1am past our house cos we reside close to the road. I wasn't asleep then and I thought it's just normal town resident driving. Shortly after that I heard something that sounded like gunshots and assumed it was just mere knockouts but I wasn't convinced with the sounds I heard.

About some 2hr later my relative's spouse received a call informing him of the terrible incident and death of the Father. All I can say is this is just a clear case of assassination and not related to banditry at all. Bandits usually always come in ransacking the town killing randomly but the men came, and personally targeted the Father leaving every other thing untouched. His cars, boys quarters etc remained untouched. But his colleague was shot in the hand tho. Man was lucky enough to escape.

Security in this country is just pathetic. The people of that Kaffin Koro town endure frequent sufferings from those criminals. Anyone can just come in from nowhere and carry out assassinations and go Scot free. In Just about 3 weeks I've spent there I've witnessed people moving at mass exodus at least 3 times now away from their villages due to banditry scare. Some low-key criminals are now using the banditry scare to commit serious crime. It's just unfortunate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by Ennoloa: 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
Can a Muslim - Muslim condemn killings of Christians like Atiku did?

Atiku even suffered from the backlash

My Christian brothers vote for a balanced ticket

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by technuel: 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nawaoh
Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
This insecurity under APC is too much

4 Likes

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
stephenduru:
In the early hours of this day Sunday 15th January 2023, the Rectory (Fathers’ House) of Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church, Kafin Koro was fiercely attacked by bandits and Rev. Fr Isaac Achi was shot dead and burnt beyond recognition while his assistant Fr Colins Omeh sustained severe bullet wounds.

Very Rev. Fr Isaac Achi was a Senior Priest of the Catholic Diocese of Minna, Niger State, Nigeria. He was also the parish priest of SS Peter and Paul Catholic Church, Kafin Koro in Niger State and the Dean of Kafin Koro Deanery.

Pray for the Church in Nigeria.
Pray for the Christian communities.
RIP Father Isaac Achi

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2023/01/bandits-shoot-burn-catholic-priest-in.html?m=1

Hmm. A religious crises will bring down this country. It should not be allowed shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by Ameduedwin: 3:45pm On Jan 15, 2023
RIP to the Father dead awaiting the murderer

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by nickxtra(m): 3:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rich4god:

This is not abt leaving a particular region or area. Fulani herdsmen and bandits have virtually circled this country waiting to unleash hell. All these kidnappings they are doing in just side hustle. Point me one state that haven't experienced bandits attack.

What we need now is a president that will reset the Nig Armed forces as all of them have been compromised.
Exactly. You are well informed

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by CheapHomes1: 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
Amb1045:
APC soldiers at work

�APC HOUSE OF PETROLEUM PONZI GAMES

✍️PAKISTAN VS NIGERIA

✍️Pakistan consumes on average 28million liters of pms a day.

✍️22million liters of this pms are consumed by 23million registered vehicles, while the balance 6million are used for generators.

✍️Kindly note that Pakistan has 256,000km tarred Road Network out of a landmass of 796,095sqkm.... Road Density of 0.32km/sqkm

✍️In June 2021, Buhari, Petroleum Minister and Melee Kyari, NNPC GMD, told Nigerians that the daily pms consumed in Nigeria rose to 102million liters a day.

✍️This was the same country where the Department of Petroleum Resources told Nigerians that the average daily pms consumption was 38.2million liters a day. Up from 28m liters a day in 2016 under Kachikwu Ibe as NNPC GMD

✍️This is Nigeria that has only 11million registered vehicles and 30,000km Road Network. Road Density of 0.03km/sqkm

✍️When Nigerians cried out at such outrageous number , they blamed it on smuggling.

✍️But the same Buhari APC government forgot that to smuggle the excess 62million liters pms a day that they claimed to have imported into Nigeria daily will require over 1,500 units of long haulage trucks , covering a length of 19km on the highway if you line them up bumper to bumper .��

✍️They also forgot that the sum total daily pms consumption across the whole neighbouring countries of Cameroon , Benin Republic, Togo, Chad, Niger even to Burkinafaso is not upto 10million liters a day.

✍️As usual the rubber stamp National Assembly , led by Lawan and Gbajabiamiala [ Tinubu stooges ], looked away the national treasury of Nigeria was brazenly being misappropriated.

✍️Under this same Buhari APC, the GMD of the NNPC told Nigerians that Nigeria over $1.9bn worth of our crude oil are lost every month to thieves and vandals .. ( that is $22bn/N10trillion annually)

✍️Please tell me why any sane, rational and God fearing human being will mention APC and Tinubu, when the February 25,2023 Presidential elections are mentioned ? Why will any sane person be campaigning to retain APC in Aso Rock in 2023?

Olomaje... God forbid

Tnx for this. Very informative. Kobonaire234 who has been polluting nairaland with his unverified subsidy removal theories seems to have taken a break from nairaland. Your write up would have been good for him

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by Goodman247: 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2023
Insecurity is too much in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by Vidagayi: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2023
It is unfortunate! God defend your people...

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by highchief1: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2023
JASONjnr:
How many more are they going to kill before Christians will have sense?

And some people are supporting a Muslim/Muslim ticket in a 21st century....
the unkown gun men in the east are they Muslims?crime does not know religion.it’s ppl like u that are fueling crisis in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by juman(m): 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2023
Bad and bad.

Our governments have failed us.
Their governor should sit up.

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by makavalley(m): 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nobody will say anything it just die down like that ... Christians are killed daily in Nigeria because one is fighting for a God...I mean one fight for a supreme almighty God od? Mare Human being fighting and defending a God?
Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by juman(m): 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2023
Some states are peaceful.

Governors where they have big insecurity should sit up.
Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by sonofElElyon: 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2023
stephenduru:
In the early hours of this day Sunday 15th January 2023, the Rectory (Fathers’ House) of Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church, Kafin Koro was fiercely attacked by bandits and Rev. Fr Isaac Achi was shot dead and burnt beyond recognition while his assistant Fr Colins Omeh sustained severe bullet wounds.

Very Rev. Fr Isaac Achi was a Senior Priest of the Catholic Diocese of Minna, Niger State, Nigeria. He was also the parish priest of SS Peter and Paul Catholic Church, Kafin Koro in Niger State and the Dean of Kafin Koro Deanery.

RIP Father Isaac Achi

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2023/01/bandits-shoot-burn-catholic-priest-in.html?m=1

Bandits who are Islamic terrorists/extremists.. this attack was also religiously motivated

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by ohil: 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2023
Where is Lai Mohammed.
Bandits have been decimated. ❌
APC had won the war on terror❌

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by Meagainstthem: 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2023
What kind of madness is this?

RIP reverend father. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by SaintNegro77: 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
Yet Tinubu and shettima call their own fraud poster the face of a new Nigeria. Does it mean same APC is governing old Nigeria. My wish for those hoping to vote for this evil party is that evil and tears will never depart from their homes. In Jesus name, Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by Gkay1(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2023
SLAP44:
Reverend Father Mbaka will see this news and stay mute.

But he will attack fellow Christians like Jonathan and Obi.
Is an evidence to show mbaka is
Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by anzaku47(m): 3:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
ahnie:
Igbo please vacant from the north,a secret ethnic cleansing is going on.

I m speechless,what a horrible way to die.
What of the self genocide going on in Southeastern states?
All norther habitats are in danger not only igbo.
Some of you don't travel and don't read but will open your mouth wa talk nonsense.
Please don't mention me.
Thanks
Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by Mindcure: 3:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
westfield:
You talk like a jungle monkey.....if you don't have any better thing to type go shit

But na true him talk na
Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by Paracetamol01: 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2023
Christians are too soft ....the entire christiandom need to rise up before it's too late
Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by Splitmind: 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2023
I won't say anything, let the wailers continue wailing in this thread. tongue
Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by Splitmind: 3:58pm On Jan 15, 2023
SLAP44:
Reverend Father Mbaka will see this news and stay mute.

But he will attack fellow Christians like Jonathan and Obi.

Wailers grin
Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by Splitmind: 3:59pm On Jan 15, 2023
Coolsperm:
And somebody wants you to vote Muslim Muslim ticket, you must be a big fool to vote for Muslim Muslim ticket, is even an insult to we Yoruba Christian's

You are not relevant to national affairs, a minority within a minority. tongue
Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
This is good news. Christian's brain will reset by fire by force.
APC government is built on the foundation of blood, wickedness, corruption and utter lies. Vote them again and you'll remain ever slave to the political elites, worst of all, Muslim Muslim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by jamace(m): 4:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
stephenduru:

RIP Father Isaac Achi

The story is too scanty. Who saw the bandits? Serious investigations required to unravel who killed the priest and why?.

May God grant his soul eternal rest.
Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by perdollar(m): 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
And they say that their religion is d true religion. Religion that is full of hatred. E no go better for Mohd and allah

1 Like

Re: Bandits Shoot & Burn Father Isaac Achi In Minna, Injure His Assistant by chinemezeq: 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
Zulum500:
Fake news
We Yorubas are for TINUBU grin
ʄaҡɛ ʍaռ, ɮɛ ʀɛaɖʏ tօ ɖɨɛ, ɛʋɛʀʏօռɛ

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) / Buhari Apologies To Nigerians Over Fuel Scarcity, Pump Price To Remain At N87 / Lagos Residents Stranded As Bus Drivers Protest ‘extortions’ By MC Oluomo Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.