Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA (60335 Views)

NDA: Personnel On CCTV Duty Were Not Asleep. Search For Major Datong Is On - DHQ / Major Datong Abducted By Bandits At NDA Killed - PM News / NDA: Major Stephen Datong And His Wife (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by ogododo: 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2021
Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Abducted From Nigerian Defence Academy - SaharaReporters

Troops of the Nigerian Army and military aircraft searching for Major Christopher Datong, abducted by bandits during an attack on the Nigerian Defence Academy in Kaduna State, are reportedly having a tough time, top military sources told SaharaReporters.

SaharaReporters learnt that apart from the unfriendly weather which makes the terrain difficult for the military Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance aircraft, the bandits are reportedly to be firing at approaching military aircraft.

“Of course, there are several groups of bandits, and no one is 100 per cent sure which group is holding the Major. You cannot bomb them because you want to ensure you do not destroy the victim with the suspects. The weather is also not helpful. They shoot at military aircraft if you fly too low. They shot at our aircraft, including these ones conducting the search. So, the guys searching from air are not able to search all day,” one of the sources said.

When asked if the military was negotiating the payment of ransoms, another source said, “That is unconfirmed. No bandit can approach the military for ransom. That is the height of death. We cannot think it not to talk of paying ransom,” he replied.

SaharaReporters had on Wednesday reported that the Defence Headquarters, Abuja was coordinating a search and rescue operation for Major Datong.

The DHQ, in a release by Maj Gen Benjamin Sawyer, the Director, Defence Information, had stated this.

“Let me use this opportunity, to reiterate that the NDA authorities, acting on the directive of the Chief of Defence Staff has constituted a board of enquiry to ascertain the remote and immediate cause(s) of the breach of security with a view to sanction any personnel found culpable and also prevent future occurrence.

“Let me also assure that we shall continue to update the general public as events unfold as we are all aware the search and rescue of the abducted officer is still on. Troops of the Armed Forces of Nigeria will continue with its operations to ensure all those involved in the dastardly act are brought to justice,” he had said.

SaharaReporters had earlier reported that Datong is still alive, according to a family source.

A family member of the officer had told SaharaReporters on Wednesday that contrary to reports, he had not been killed and he was still alive.

“He is still alive. I can confirm it to you,” the source told SaharaReporters.

The Nigerian Defence Academy, the military’s foremost training institution in the country, had confirmed that gunmen, believed to be bandits, invaded the facility, killed two officers and abducted one other.

The NDA Spokesman, Major Bashir Jajira, in a release, had noted that the Nigerian Army and Air Training Command as well as other security agencies in Kaduna state had commenced a “pursuit of the unknown gunmen within the general area.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/27/exclusive-bandits-shoot-military-aircraft-searching-major-abducted-nigerian-defence

3 Likes

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Itgeo: 7:21pm On Aug 27, 2021
It is finished

231 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by ogododo: 7:26pm On Aug 27, 2021
Itgeo:
It is finished
No be only finished. He done finished.

371 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 27, 2021
Make una continue....we will see where all these will end

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by rayvelez(m): 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2021
It’s better u negotiate with them cos the major life matter. Incompetence NDA, how can these ragtag bandits (terrorists) infiltrate and captured a whole Major ranking officer in NDA building.

160 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by ogododo: 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
Dese people go shoot down airforce 1.
Tucano wey will use osusu bought.

184 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by FIRDAUS3(m): 7:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
Nigerian scenes are the best hasp in the world after Afghanistan grin

Always loaded....
U can never be tired of scenarios

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by ogododo: 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2021
Lalasticlala, fear dey catch me up and down.

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Vision4God: 7:55pm On Aug 27, 2021
I don't even know what to say again

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Dymaco(m): 8:02pm On Aug 27, 2021
Small small, it will reach all of us

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Mayng01(m): 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2021
I don’t understand why they are still being referred to as bandits. These are terrorists na. Haba!

164 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by taiwotimitt: 8:37pm On Aug 27, 2021
Jesus said and I quote...

"It is finished"

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by lomprico(m): 8:41pm On Aug 27, 2021
meanwhile army helicopter shoots at boat carrying passengers in Rivers state.

The jihad war we warned you about that Buhari is bringing prior 2015 elections has commenced.

254 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by HellAnus: 8:43pm On Aug 27, 2021
Dymaco:
Small small, it will reach all of us

Na U and ur family e go reach not me and my family

147 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Edyice: 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2021
lomprico:

The jihad war we warned you about that Buhari is bringing prior 2015 elections has commenced.

Innocent people on the boat ooh

Fulani government only wants to kill and destroy southern Nigeria but banditry and bokoharam are their friends..

Monogamy krismas alimohammedibn falseprophet pricemajestic pantami falseprophet ibkhaleel nlpolicewoman hassanmaye modsfucker thugthang knows the matter. Good luck to them , let’s see maybe they will succeed

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Totilopussylick(m): 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2021
Could it be that they are the ones that got angry and flew to Bonny island to kill those innocent travelers, transporting goods on the boat.

Lie's lie.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Emperormartin(m): 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2021
Nigeria is the 3rd most terrorized country in the whole world only behind Iraq and Afghanistan.
Biko when will the bandits attack aso rock?

40 Likes

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Spending123: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2021
ogododo:

No be only finished. He done finished.

No be he done finish. E done finish kpatakpata..

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Danjikanbauchi: 9:33pm On Aug 27, 2021
What is stoping the army from bombing the bandits ?

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Gadafii: 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2021
"You can't bomb them cos you wan to ensure you don't destroy the victim with the suspects"

Very lame and stupid excuse, bomb their asses out, even if the major becomes a casualty, he's isn't different or more important than the other nigerians bandits have killed and abducted in the pasts

90 Likes

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Ademola47(m): 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2021
Security is less than zero on a scale of 10.

Residents shouldn't just move about unnecessarily to avoid stray bullets and stray bombs.

15 Likes

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 27, 2021
lomprico:

we warned them about buhari in 2015. Now see how bad and irredeemable the country is in every sector

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by after4: 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2021
The problem of telling lies is that no body believed you even when you are telling the truth.
If you ask me, I will say "who cares?"

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by loveth360(f): 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2021
Some people don't know the reason their Nigeria Anthem end with "So Help me God"

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Kandeed: 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2021
I just watched the video of how General okoro a victim of the NDA ish was killed, dragged and the bandits or herdsmen boasting of killing General okoro then shooting him again and nothing is being done bout it. So sad we're really lost as a Nation.

This current dispensation Nigeria Generals are just so weak n docile just like their civilian counterpart, things were not this terrible when Ojukwu and Gideon orkar attempted to topple the Government

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by Tiannos76(m): 10:05pm On Aug 27, 2021
These people
Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by mightyhaze: 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2021
Thought they said that soldier has been found,killed...

Too much abracadabra these days in the country . Nobody knows what to believe anymore.. How does a ragtag militia attack a whole military school and barrack and operate for any length of time unhindered,without casualties ,without a scratch and without a trace/ trail..

A very tall tale if u ask me..

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by dynicks(m): 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2021
grin

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by ConqueredWest: 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2021
If only Kanu had armed ESN with anti aircraft rockets and long range anti tank rockets, the military would have avoided the East after losing several aircrafts and helicopters

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bandits Shoot At Military Aircraft Searching For Major Datong Abducted From NDA by yesloaded: 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rauf Aregbesola: 'I Have Not Received Salary Since I Became Governor Of Osun' / El-Rufai Meets Sanusi In Awe, Nasarawa (Photos) / Zubby Michael Travelling On A Bike From Asaba To Onitsha (Pics & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.