Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter (664 Views)

What Late Prof Dora Akunyili Said About Peter Obi (Video) / Dr Chike Akunyili: Graphic Photo Of Murdered Dora Akunyili's Husband / Chike Akunyili Is Dead! Dora Akunyili's Husband Killed By Unknown Gunmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by ganisucks(f): 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
THE chairman and chief executive officer of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM), Abike Dabiri-Erewa, has described the appointment of Ijeoma Akunyili, daughter of the late Professor Dora Akunyili , as the Chief Medical Officer of a hospital in the United States hospital as “well-deserved.”

Akunyili, an emergency medicine physician in Waterbury, Connecticut, was appointed as the new Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of the Jersey City Medical Center, an RWJ Barnabas Health facility in the United States of America.
She is the first African-American medical professional to serve in the role.

A congratulatory statement signed by
NiDCOM’s Head of Media, Public Relations and Protocols Unit, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, on Dabiri Erewa’s behalf stated the appointment was “not surprising”, knowing the kind of training she received from her late mother, who was a disciplinarian to the core.

“A hearty congratulations to Dr Ijeoma Dora Akunyili. We wish her the very best in her well-deserved historic appointment,” Dabiri-Erewa said.

She also encouraged other Nigerian youths in the diaspora to be inspired by this achievement and continue to positively project the image of the country.

RWJ Barnabas Health said it was proud to add Akunyili to its executive clinical leadership team, and that her experience managing multi-specialty physician groups in integrated health care systems would help support the Jersey City Medical Center in providing comprehensive healthcare throughout the community.

“Dr. Akunyili has a wealth of experience and knowledge, and as our Chief Medical Officer, we look forward to creating a world-class experience for every patient at Jersey City Medical Center.
“I am confident that Hudson County will benefit in a great way from her leadership, and that her presence will have tremendous impact,”

President and Chief Executive Officer of the Medical Center Michael, Prilutsky said.

Reacting to her appointment, Akunyili said she was grateful for the opportunity and looked forward to serving the residents of Hudson County in providing safe, innovative, efficient, and equitable care.

“It is a true privilege to lead the clinical effort at Jersey City Medical Center and to create sustainable health outcomes for our community,” she said.

The new CMO received her medical degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine, and has been in practice for almost two decades.
Her areas of specialty include diagnosing and treating patients with life-threatening conditions like heart attack, drug overdose, shock, or massive bleeding.

In her most recent role, Dr. Akunyili served as the Regional Medical Director for TeamHealth, Northeast Group, where she had strategic, operational, and clinical oversight of nearly 20 emergency departments, critical care, and hospitalist service lines in Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Pennsylvania.

She led an unprecedented four-fold expansion of service lines with a specific focus on medical services and access to care for underserved populations.

https://www.icirnigeria.org/i-am-not-surprised-dabiri-erewa-reacts-to-ijeoma-akunyilis-u-s-appointment/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by ganisucks(f): 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
A congratulatory statement signed by
NiDCOM’s Head of Media, Public Relations and Protocols Unit, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, on Dabiri Erewa’s behalf stated the appointment was “not surprising”, knowing the kind of training she received from her late mother, who was a disciplinarian to the core.

Fake Abike Dabiri Erewa

4 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2023
#justice for itunu
Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by JasonScoolari: 1:08pm On Jan 15, 2023
In a matter of months, the hate filled Abike will become irrelevant..

2 Likes

Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by Tinubuadvocate: 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2023
Tell me which part of her statement is false?
ganisucks:

Fake Abike Dabiri Erewa

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by Megabig: 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rev Fr Issac Achi, burnt alive by bandits today in Niger state by bandits, aren’t we all number from series of deaths and guess what, we will all move on as usual, thousands die daily that we know not of.

Vote like your live depends on it, this current leadership cannot save us from this current leadership…

Rest in peace Father Achi and Rest in Peace Papa Ajasco

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by Golan007: 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
Igbos that couldn't condemn IPOB when they killed Dr. akunyili are pretending to appreciate his daughter's lofty heights.

You think she can ever think of living in Anambra state?
Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by ganisucks(f): 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
Tinubuadvocate:
Tell me which part of her statement is false?

The statement is by her head of Media operations.

While the tweet is by her and her content handler.

Election blues.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by Tinubuadvocate: 1:19pm On Jan 15, 2023
I know the good one is from her PA while the bad one is from her according to you. However I'm still asking you did lied about the bad thing she stated there.
ganisucks:

The statement is by her PA.

While the tweet is by her and her content handler.

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by after4: 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
This is one way to say you are stupid without saying you are stupid

Golan007:
Igbos that couldn't condemn IPOB when they killed Dr. akunyili are pretending to appreciate his daughter's lofty heights.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by Nbote(m): 2:21pm On Jan 15, 2023
I'm surprised she didn't refer to her region or tribe this time around
Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by ganisucks(f): 2:22pm On Jan 15, 2023
Tinubuadvocate:
I know the good one is from her PA while the bad one is from her according to you. However I'm still asking you did lied about the bad thing she stated there.
So to you, it's a good thing for her to take a few bad eggs and generalize that as the norm. What proof does she have that made her make the conclusion that the guy who tweeted is a drug dealer or has connections to those in the world of drug trafficking.
Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by SmartPolician: 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
JasonScoolari:
In a matter of months, the hate filled Abike will become irrelevant..

You people have a problem with the fact that she's calling out people from a region who give Nigeria bad image abroad. Those guys make her job difficult!

Before that woman got into her office and made it vibrant, it was almost non-existent. You may have a problem with her strategy, but that woman is doing a good job.

The only problem I have with Abike is that she campaigns for some male idiots to destroy the economy of this country every four years, a job she can probably do better than them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by jimyjames(m): 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2023
Golan007:

And Yoruba's like abike that believe Igbos are the problem of Nigeria are doing eye service congratulation her , shame

1 Like

Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by BOYS2MEN: 7:48pm On Jan 15, 2023
If nobody have told you how stupid you are...I am telling you now....YOU TOO STUPID��
Golan007:

Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by BOYS2MEN: 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2023
Meningitis of d brain hold u so.....shey na u talk say she dey do her work well and at the same time saying she is campaigning for male idiots...shey u see the IDIOTICAL IDIOMS u dey type so?
SmartPolician:

You people have a problem with the fact that she's calling out people from a region who give Nigeria bad image abroad. Those guys make her job difficult!

Before that woman got into her office and made it vibrant, it was almost non-existent. You may have a problem with her strategy, but that woman is doing a good job.

The only problem I have with Abike is that she campaigns for some male idiots to destroy the economy of this country every four years, a job she can probably do better than them.
Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by Golan007: 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2023
BOYS2MEN:
If nobody have told you how stupid you are...I am telling you now....YOU TOO STUPID��

Singing:
Tell your mama, tell your papa...life go better for you.
Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by BOYS2MEN: 7:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
Oh I forgot to add...nor forget tell ur papa say "he is a failure for begetting a failure like u and slap your mama for opening her legs to ur failure of a father....thank you���
Golan007:

Singing:
Tell your mama, tell your papa...life go better for you.
Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by Golan007: 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
BOYS2MEN:
Oh I forgot to add...nor forget tell ur papa say "he is a failure for begetting a failure like u and slap your mama for opening her legs to ur failure of a father....thank you���

E confuse.

Re: Abike Dabiri Congratulates Dora Akunyili's Daughter by RenaissanceGuy: 8:04pm On Jan 15, 2023
ganisucks:

Fake Abike Dabiri Erewa
I think you're very confused. If you are so convinced she didn't mean the congratulatory message, why did you open this thread?

(1) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Is A Local Champion / Peter Obi Ambition In Pictures / Defections? – Fani-kayode Reacts As Tinubu/shettima Vehicles Flood Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.