Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War (466 Views)

Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message / Peter Obi Releases “Citizens Participation” Phone Numbers And Mobile Apps / Rochas Okorocha: I Will Be President Of Nigeria, Mark My Words (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by lhordspy: 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
...“Let us all join hands in love and brotherhood"

Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), says Nigerians need to unite so that the country can experience true development.

In a statement marking the 53rd anniversary of the end of the civil war, Obi said a working nation will not give room for extremist groups.

He described the deaths recorded during the civil war which ended in 1970 as “regrettable”, adding that with the right leadership in place, Nigeria has what it takes to excel.

“It is also worth calling a spade a spade. There are youths all over Nigeria who are frustrated because of injustice, poverty, lack of opportunities, unemployment, and apparent exclusion,” he said.

“Such youths could seize upon and use anything issue or tool to express their frustration and anger. I believe that some of those who are agitating, are doing so partly due to our failures in creating an inclusive and progressive Nigeria.

“A working Nigeria with equity, justice and fairness will also definitely and effectively checkmate such extreme groups like Boko Haram and ISWAP.”

Obi also said with the challenges faced by the country, there is a need to ensure justice, equity, and peace as part of efforts to move the country forward.

“Today, 133 million Nigerians live in multi-dimensional poverty, 20 million children are out of school, we have near 40% unemployment, with about 60%unemployed youths who do not know where the next meal will come from; our young people in their productive years are doing nothing, our primary healthcare system has collapsed; we have overtaken India in infant mortality despite their being seven times our population,” he said.

“Our youths’ drug abuse prevalence is the highest in the world. We are now globally treated like second class citizens; with Nigerians being refused entry into countries we were far better than a few years ago.

“These are things that should concern us today; these are things I want us to come together as a family and as a great nation to commence reversing, irrespective of our tribe and religion.

“That is the Nigeria for which I wish to be the Team Leader, where everybody will be included, no matter where he or she comes from or what his or her beliefs are.

“There are critical junctures and times in which every nation must seize the moment to define or redefine its history. For Nigeria that moment is now!

“Today marks fifty-three years of Nigeria’s re-unification after the civil war. A new Nigeria is possible; a nation bound in freedom, peace, unity, justice and prosperity is realisable!

“Let us all join hands in love and brotherhood to build, with God of our creation guiding our noble cause!”

https://www.thecable.ng/obi-marks-53-years-after-civil-war-says-i-want-nigeria-where-everyone-will-be-included/amp

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by lhordspy: 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
All of a sudden, Nigeria is no more a zoo.

Yorubas are no more Hausa slave.

Hausa/Fulani are no more terror!st.

The people who orchestrated these demeaning nicknames are now looking fo love and unity just to achieve an unrealistic, unattainable political success.

Nigerians are not stupid to forget easily. We remember.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by gasparpisciotta: 7:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
Obi kor obinoscopy ni

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by agarawu1985: 7:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
We should join hands now

After his people massacre ahmadu bello and left hausa people in serious pain?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
Beautiful piece. Shame of gluttony FFK trying to castigate the name of this man. Some people can be shameless aswear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by Aonkuuse(m): 8:01pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nigeria is no longer a zoo?? Join hands with who??, We will talk about joining hands after election

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by aylive02(m): 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
Let Tinubu release same without using a teleprompter. Then I will consider voting for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by SLAP44: 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
Tinubu and Atiku are still taking treatments at the hospital, they will release their statements when the doctors discharge them grin

Thr right man for the job.

1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by SLAP44: 8:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
aylive02:
Let Tinubu release same without using a teleprompter. Then I will consider voting for him

He no fit grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by Throwback: 8:12pm On Jan 15, 2023
Such deception from Obi and his supporters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by SLAP44: 8:13pm On Jan 15, 2023
4 years of Peter Obi as president will give all the utchins jobs that will keep them busy for life grin

1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by Macphenson: 8:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
lhordspy:

https://www.thecable.ng/obi-marks-53-years-after-civil-war-says-i-want-nigeria-where-everyone-will-be-included/amp

@, You have been noticed, now run along kid.

Ladies.and gentlemen this moniker is same as NLPolicewoman, also same as MANNBBQGRILLS.
Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by Macphenson: 8:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
lhordspy:

@, You have been noticed, now run along kid.

Ladies.and gentlemen the OP moniker is same as NLPolicewoman, also same as MANNBBQGRILLS.
Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by Throwback: 8:18pm On Jan 15, 2023
aylive02:

Mumu!

It is a released statement and not a delivered speech.

Is it Tinubu's fault that he is employing technology that is foreign to your cave mentality?

Even Obama used teleprompters as far back as 2008 when campaigning for his presidential run.

But a mumu from a shithole thinks teleprompter is cheating?

What a dull brain like the GCE candidate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by BATified2023: 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
Beautiful piece. Shame of gluttony FFK trying to castigate the name of this man. Some people can be shameless aswear.
how far we no dey hear zoo again?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by Polchiz(m): 9:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
lhordspy:

I love you for this your advice. No war again, I plead all Nigerians.
Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.......

We dey come fess......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by aylive02(m): 4:39am On Jan 16, 2023
Throwback:

Mumu!

It is a released statement and not a delivered speech.

Is it Tinubu's fault that he is employing technology that is foreign to your cave mentality?

Even Obama used teleprompters as far back as 2008 when campaigning for his presidential run.

But a mumu from a shithole thinks teleprompter is cheating?

What a dull brain like the GCE candidate.
. May your life be like the health of your candidate grin
Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by Viscuz: 4:47am On Jan 16, 2023
lhordspy:

The people who orchestrated these demeaning nicknames are now looking fo love and unity just to achieve an unrealistic, unattainable political success.

Shatap wailing urchin
Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by Throwback: 8:18am On Jan 16, 2023
aylive02:
. May your life be like the health of your candidate grin

Mumu keeps giving mumuism.

Was Obama unhealthy or sick to have been using teleprompter in his 40s?

No wonder you are a zombie. A very useless zombie disgracing himself.
Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by Rapuru14: 8:21am On Jan 16, 2023
lhordspy:

Urchin sleeps, wakes up on nairaland, without brushing his teeth begins hitting ethnic sentiments after it's dawned on him that the Tif of Bourdillion has NOTHING to offer.

Obidients una do this one grin
Re: Peter Obi Releases Statement As Nigeria Mark 53 Years After Civil War by aylive02(m): 9:11am On Jan 16, 2023
Throwback:

Mumu keeps giving mumuism.

Was Obama unhealthy or sick to have been using teleprompter in his 40s?

No wonder you are a zombie. A very useless zombie disgracing himself.
. Na your mama I blame

(1) (Reply)

How To Know Who Will Win The Presidency / Peter Obi Won Pupils Opinion Poll / Adakole Ijogi: PDP Members Will Vote For A Different Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.