Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,331 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message (21074 Views)

We Are Far From True Democracy - LP Calls For Cancellation Of Guber & HOA Polls / Peter Obi Releases “Citizens Participation” Phone Numbers And Mobile Apps / Peter Obi Releases Manifesto Titled "It's POssible: Our Pact with Nigerians" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Newton2024: 3:35pm On Sep 16, 2023
The Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP in the February 25, 2023 election, Peter Obi, has said transactional politics, disrespect for the rule of law, endemic corruption in the executive, legislature and the Judiciary are pulling Nigeria dangerously away from democracy.

Obi stated this in a series of posts on his X account (formerly Twitter) as Nigeria joined other countries of the world to mark the 2023 edition of the International Democracy Day celebration, on Friday.

The LP candidate has since announced his decision to contest the Judgment of the Presidential Election Petition Court which upheld the declaration by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC that President Bola Tinubu, of the All Progressives Congress won the February 25, election.

Obi wrote, “On this year’s celebration of International Democracy Day, we must remind ourselves of the need to work together to build and deepen our nation’s democracy.

“As witnessed in the country today, the mindless erosion of the very ideals and tenets on which Nigeria’s democracy was built, if not checked, will only push the nation deeper into lawlessness.

“The current trend of endemic corruption, abuse of the constitution, disrespect for the rule of law, and transactional politics which cuts across the executive, legislative and judicial arms of government, have continued to conflict with our nation’s enforcement of democracy.

“Consequently, our dear nation has continued to swing dangerously away from the boundaries of true democracy. Gradually, we are losing one of the biggest intangible assets that make a nation strong, which is respect for the rule of law.

“I call on all Nigerians to remain committed to building and reinforcing our nation’s democracy. Once again, I restate my commitment to a new and truly democratic Nigeria. I am in this struggle solely for the betterment of our society.

“My vision of a new and truly democratic Nigeria is borne out of the deep conviction that Nigeria if given good leadership as I offer to give, will be beneficial to every Nigerian. We must not give up on our nation because a new and truly democratic Nigeria is possible.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/nigeria-swinging-dangerously-away-from-true-democracy-says-obi/amp/

166 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by successmatters(m): 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2023
Obi is very correct.

God bless Peter Obi

God bless the good people in Nigeria.

315 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Newton2024: 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2023

“My vision of a new and truly democratic Nigeria is borne out of the deep conviction that Nigeria if given good leadership as I offer to give, will be beneficial to every Nigerian. We must not give up on our nation because a new and truly democratic Nigeria is possible.”

Thank you Peter Obi, a new Nigeria is truly POssible.

214 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by MadamExcellency: 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2023
successmatters:
Obi is very correct.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Racoon(m): 3:44pm On Sep 16, 2023
Of course there is nothing democratic about what this nation is today with the criminal capture of state by a man whose regime parades the most despicable criminals ever seen in government.

The government under whose watch, the nation's constitution is being spurned and trampled with impunity. Chronic institutional corruption via embezzlement of borrowed funds. Continuing the disastrous policies of its predecessor thereby mortgaging the nation into further indebtedness.

A government that have long made lies & propaganda official policies of governance even with many policy somersaults. No participatory democracy but outright muscling out of opposition.

102 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Vahalla13: 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2023
Obi you’re talking ..

but you know your ego and that of that old general place Nigerians and Nigeria on the part.

Nigerians would have avoided this .. if you were humble enough..
There would have always be a “ time “ …

Ow going to court and being in government.. which one pays better .. and honestly don’t think you’re challenging something .. Walahi .. you’re not .. you only succeeded in tighting the noose .. .. forget media noise .. this is Nigeria Africa ..

Let hope Atiku succeed ..

Nigeria will never get better .. that’s the holy truth.. because no Nigerian is committed to Nigeria

.. is all about interest.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Racoon(m): 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2023
I call on all Nigerians to unite our efforts in the journey of taking back our nation from the cold hands of corruption, insecurity and unproductivity. 2023 is a very critical year that will determine the next direction of our nation.

This nation cannot continue in its all round retrogressive movement in the coming years, as that will result in its total collapse. 2023 is an existential year in the history of our nation. It is a year we all must unite against the continued abuse of our nation's democracy and economy.

The power is in our hands to take back our nation, this year, and make it work. I call on Nigerians to support me in saving our nation. My commitment is securing the country, unifying the nation and moving it from consumption to production.

I call on Nigerians to hold me accountable to my promises for a better nation, when I am elected. I have made a pact with Nigerians and I will not leave any of my promises unfulfilled. Nigerians can hold me accountable by my words of promise.

I wish Nigerians a very productive 2023 and urge everyone to remain law abiding, while contributing to the growth and development of the nation. -PO
https://twitter.com/PeterObi/status/1609538061138014209?t=a6byNSNRvaaWg6fzeCAZ_g&s=08

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by raumdeuter: 3:53pm On Sep 16, 2023
Obi don turn artiste wey dey release singles

Na to open record label remain

Lamba records

When he won through the court the country was good, when he spent 8yrs in Anambra and people were pouring curses on him the country was okay

As soon as he lost election the story change

182 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by AntiTerrorist: 3:59pm On Sep 16, 2023
Supreme court is like a coin in the pocket of Tinubu.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by pandoragirigory: 4:02pm On Sep 16, 2023
Gbajue himself

110 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Makunahatata: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2023
Obi show us your transcript...😒

101 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Meagainstthem: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2023
This clown will never be my presidentgrin

95 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Thekaghan: 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2023
so democracy is dangerously drifting away all because you didn’t win. Obi is truly a deceptive person and a clown

133 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Newton2024: 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
The three monickers above me belong to one Agbadorians. Don't be deceived.

78 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by epondudu: 4:07pm On Sep 16, 2023
Obi is still crying 😭

68 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Roboto11: 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2023
Democracy is only on track when an igbo candidate wins.

Tueh!!

97 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2023
Idiot rest.

You lost .

You are the fool who refuses to accept both the people's decision and the court's ruling.

73 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2023
Roboto11:
Democracy is only on track when an igbo candidate wins.

Tueh!!

Very useless people.

47 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by MrAgbako: 4:11pm On Sep 16, 2023
😂😂😂

I just dey laugh.
Obi nah comedian.
Obi zombies nah headless comedians.

See tears everywhere😂

Omo victory is sweet,
May we always win in everything we do
😂

58 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2023
Thekaghan:
so democracy is dangerously drifting away all because you didn’t win. Obi is truly a deceptive person and a clown

Isn't that what the Ibos do anytime they lose out ?

Find a way to truncate the system.

Obi should try nonesense let's see

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Sonyboom: 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2023
Only in Nigeria will a whole tribe complain about a criminal as governor but suddenly declare him a saint when he contest to be the president.

Now tell him if that is not tribalism n bigotry in full glare of the entire human race

As I know mention any name watch how bunch of pathetic foolish human from a section of the country will be quoting me relentlessly like say na thief their destiny into my daughter's Pandora account.

47 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Sonyboom: 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2023
Make God save Nigeria from tribalistic bigoted Pandora criminal such as this oloriburuku

28 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2023
Newton2024:
The three monickers above me belong to one Agbadorians. Don't be deceived.

Ohu.

Have you not noticed that your Obi has lost all he's deluded non Ibo supporters ?

39 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by MrAgbako: 4:15pm On Sep 16, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

The Igbo tried to rule Nigeria by force, what they cannot do through the ballot box; they tried it through coup. They tried the coup, it failed and now decided to do a civil war. It was a contract. That is the basic thing.

Major General David Akpode Ejoor

31 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Newton2024: 4:23pm On Sep 16, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Ohu.

Have you not noticed that your Obi has lost all he's deluded non Ibo supporters ?

May Obi's presidency heal you 🙏

38 Likes

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:23pm On Sep 16, 2023
Newton2024:
May Obi's presidency heal you 🙏

Be dreaming .

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by RevDesm0ndJuju: 4:24pm On Sep 16, 2023
MrAgbako:

The Igbo tried to rule Nigeria by force, what they cannot do through the ballot box; they tried it through coup. They tried the coup, it failed and now decided to do a civil war. It was a contract. That is the basic thing.

Major General David Akpode Ejoor

I see you were on that Ejoor thread I did.

Did you not see how the Ohu descendants were desperately trying to derail it?

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Thekaghan: 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

Nigerians are beginning to see him as a nuisance.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by ElSudani: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2023
Coming from

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by Globad(f): 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2023
This mandate thief should just shut up!

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by MrAgbako: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2023
RevDesm0ndJuju:

I see you were on that Ejoor thread I did.

Did you not see how the Ohu descendants were desperately trying to derail it?

LoL there usual style nah.
They can't stand the truth.
They are desperately trying hard to hold on to falsehoods 😂

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Swinging Dangerously Away From True Democracy, Obi Releases New Message by ElSudani: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2023
Coming from the man who didn't conduct any local government elections throughout his stay as the governor of Anambra.
Obi is dangerously dishonest. By the way, we need to see his academic records.

43 Likes 12 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

LASEMA Officials Rescue Trapped Lagos Residents From Flood / Disregard Any Rumour Of Defection In Kano~special Adviser To Gov Ganduje / APGA Faction Asks Obiano To Resign For Endorsing Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.