Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

The Bringer Machine - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Bringer Machine (271 Views)

Ojukwu, The Bringer Of War – I Hated Him For Causing Blood Shed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Bringer Machine by Ejune(m): 5:58am On Jan 16, 2023
On the working television was seated the famous Mr Creed, the great new personality in the world, arguably the greatest now. With him were five television personnel on a station probably the whole world is tuned in on right now to discuss about his new invention.
''This is something that many including myself said is impossible…..really?, a defence for myself? a little defence for myself is that, I believe in the powers of technology, but this is still to me more than technology in artificial science…….this is more than a great mind at work, or should I say great minds……this is heaven letting us have one until rapture" a man argued on the television.
"Mr Creed, please, do tell us…..many people all over the world are tuned in on this station right now, this is a record on its own, and I'm not talking about the station record. I'm talking about record ever on a station, so first of all we here have to say a big thanks for honoring our invite" another man said.
"The honor is mine…the station reputation helped the choice on a great count".
"Thanks, that means alot coming from you… please, tell us….in details, how did you convince God to let us have this one?" another man seated among them asked sarcastically.
"It still seems like yesterday…..like every good ending, this one also started with a sad beginning five years ago".
"Greater things always tend to start that way, I'm sure everyone can reckon to that….but now, you're the number one most important Human on earth…..an award that was specially made cause of your achievement" another said.
"How many countries has given you that award now?" Mr Creed was asked.
"To be honest I have lost count….it's not that all good as everyone is thinking, i still get plenty hate messages and mails, calling me the devil worshipper" Mr Creed said.
"People will always hate, and it should be no surprise, even Jesus that came to save the world was hunted".
"You're the richest now, I hear far richer than Elon Musk on a three times level, and you haven't even open yet to the public….how was your story?".
Mr June Edison alias Creed is a graduate from the University of Nsukka, a university that is located at the eastern part of the country Nigeria. The first of three children of Ngwu and Stella's union. A full eastern blood of his country, he was born and raised there. To understand the story, let's go back to where the first seed was planted.
"Who gave you the name Creed?" Happiness asked June.
"My parents".
"I wish my parents gave me a cool name like yours".
"Yours is pretty cool to me".
"You're just saying that cos you want me to go out with you tonight".
"A: we've already established on the going out tonight, and B: I'll never try to trick you unconsciously".
"Do you even know what you just said?".
"Forgive my grammar, it's confusing to me also sometimes".
"Right…..I have counted three of your friends that has passed and looked at this direction like they did it unconsciously….and unconsciously, I have chosen to be unconcious on what's going on".
"Why is there too many unconcious in the sentence you just made?" June said trying to lighting the atmosphere between them.
"I thought unconcious was the topic of the day…..listen, I know who you are, there ain't no sane girl that don't know who you are…I'm not giving you my body, so you can as well unconsciously remove your head from that thought".
"Then why have you allowed us to be here for the past what now? 20 minutes?".
"Cos I see a guy that is putting on a facade, I see the real you….and I think you're very interesting….if I see you tonight, I'll be glad" Happiness said standing up headed for her class.
"What did she say?" James asked June coming out from his hiding place.
"That she's Einstein's lost daughter".
"What does that mean?".
"Nigga!! try reading books sometimes….how on God's green earth you don't know who Einstein was?".
"I know my King in the village, ain't that very much on my part as far as important people goes?".
"You're strange, you're on some weird pro max shit….I hear y'all don't need subscription to start surfing".
"Abeg tell me jor, what did the 'my father is Mr upright, my mum is Mrs upright..and that makes me miss upright' say?".
"She was blabbing all through cos I didn't understand anything she said, but she said I could come pick her up tonight…she gave me a condition, the truth is I don't much remember what it was".
June was still seated on a chair at the school's cafeteria on a far side to the left. He was more of a normal looking, nothing special….but his aura and the way he carry himself helped fill in the gap, and he knows it.
"Now who's the weird one?".
"Who are you bringing?" June asked James.
"Belinda…..please don't laugh!".
"Okay…when?".
"She called and apologised yesterday…then she came over, and we made true to our animal instinct".
"That was all it took?".
"You know she got this power over me!".
"I know your mind keeps telling you that….that's all I know".
"Here comes the gang!".
The school of God's time, in the state of Enugu is a prestige academy unit that boast of many big names that are graduates in the country with importance, composed of only secondary education didn't seem to alter the amount of students in the school, downwardly. In the year 2030, on this special day, the 'baron' set of the school as they've been named would be having their graduation party tonight, and like every other made for the kids with rich parents school, this one is going to be just as expected.
"Chief chief, Where is our oil money?" June asked Dickson, the son of the ex-oil minister.
"Ain't you tired of clichés as your only poking weapon?" Lawrentta asked June.
"Not when I'm not trying to poke……I do want to fly outside, so I need my share of the money".
"Drop it Creed….it's a cliché, stop trying to sell it otherwise" Precious countered.
"So, una don ready for tonight?" James asked.
"Tonight is just a formality…..let's talk about the real party we'll be having at my place" Precious said.
"We are going to be having at your place!? Please don't tell me it's just going to be the five of us!" James screamed.
"Alright, everybody can bring a date to the party…..maybe next time just make that suggestion instead of throwing tantrums, ain't nobody your mama here" Lawrentta chipped in facing James.
"I'll be coming alone, I ain't got no girl" Dickson said.
"We can go together, I ain't got nobody either" Lawrentta answered.
"Who you coming with Creed?" Precious asked.
"Oh! he just nailed Happiness…he's going to be bringing her definitely" James answered with a smile.
Precious stood up from where she was seating, and helped James with a deafening slap to his right cheek.
"You see, now the smirk is off your face" Precious said and left.
"Plenty things is wrong with you Creed, you should be ashamed of yourself" Lawrentta said.
"You don't seem to be moved by it!" Creed answered.
"Cos I saw you for who you are early enough".
"The lies we tell ourselves".
"What is that supposed to mean".
"Guys, guys…..please, take your Bollywood drama somewhere else, we're only interested in Hollywood here" Dickson feigned furiousness.
"Let me go check on Precious" Lawrentta hissed and left.
"I swear eh, supposing na me born you, I for just carry you go dash church…. I for like kill you but no be because of you I go go hell fire" June screamed at James.
"But guy you day Bleep up, you no suppose to flow with the two of them even if" Dickson said to June.
"Bros, na Dem by themselves run me, no be run Dem….who I won go run now na I day on the matter….na things no work out with either of them, no be my fault" June said defensively.
"Watch your back oh…..you know the kind of person make Lawrentta be".
"And the kind of person make Precious be" June said pointing at James.
"Na you kuma sabi, I don talk make e no b like say I no talk na I do so…..guys make we yan later" Dickson said leaving.
The most famous clique of the baron set, Lawrentta being the most prettiest with endowment assets, precious being also pretty but more chic than Lawrentta with an average size assets, James the cool guy, Dickson the bad and decent guy, June the one with the constant mood swings.
"You shouldn't have left the way you did" Lawrentta said.
"I know, but he was mocking me".
"And it doesn't change the fact that he manipulated you into doing something you didn't want to, especially with Creed around".
"How do you do it……how did you let go?".
"I didn't….. I'm still in love with him. I know he loved me when we were together, and I also know he tried with you….the truth is, until he decides what he wants and who he wants to be in life, this is how he's going to keep jumping ships".
"But that girl…..Happiness, after knowing me and the girl has issues between us…..".
"It's not going to last between them, you'll see".
"I'm not sure I can let go".
"I know, I can't either….but eating a food that is not yet ready is just same as not eating the food".
"Let's go shopping for tomorrow clothes…..I really need to clear my head".
Re: The Bringer Machine by Ejune(m): 5:59am On Jan 16, 2023
"Hello my Lovers".
"Big brother!".
June was from a respected family, having two junior sisters Anne, and Beni..both in the primary education, aging 10, and 13 respectively. June has always wanted to be a senior brother, to be a mentor, to guide, and teach what he believes is the way of life. The family was a happy home, a loving mother, and a responsible father. The only issue that arose most times is the agitation between father and son.
"Where is mother?".
"She's in the bathroom, just came back from work not quite much ago" Beni the senior answered.
For how much the family is worth, the mother has refused kitchen help in her household, believing in the cliché, if it ever was, that that's how a family can be pinched from the outside.
"Have you guys had anything to eat yet?".
"We had some snacks" Anne answered.
"I crave some real food though" Beni chipped in.
"Alright, let me say hello to mummy first and then see if we'll be allowed to head out…..who wants some ice cream!".
"Big brother, I said real food not ice cream!".
"I know…real food and then some ice cream to make a ceiling on it".
"Yay!!! and I get to select the menu this time, like you promised the last time" Anne rejoiced.
"Remember the permission needed first" said June, leaving to find their mum.
The house belonging to the family of Mr and Mrs Ngwu Edison, how well do I put this….is of a design very strange to me, but to be fair, I'm not much a nerd on houses. Starting with the gates, it's of a thickness that were much available with average money for acquisition during the early years of the birth of the country, the design of the gate would make you think that an Asian engineer was brought in specifically for the job. The fence walls were of seen everywhere height, flowers was planted at every available sides, on the fence walls were barb wires for security measures. The compound was a very large one, the distance from the main house to the gate was approximately fifteen minutes walk. The house screamed wealth all around it, just looking from the outside.
"Were you waiting for me?" The mother asked.
"Good afternoon mother!".
"Good afternoon…..how was school?".
"It was okay, I was wondering if me and the girls could go out for some bites?".
"I'm about to start cooking…..can't you guys wait a bit?".
"They've already started throwing stones at me for bad leadership".
"Who?".
"My worms…..they don't like it when I rule the way I want to rule".
"Ain't you something sometimes!….alright, just drive carefully".
"You already know who got my vote for best mum next year!".
"Love you too! Now please leave so I can get prepared for cooking".
"Alright ladies….we've been given the green light, let's go".
They drove to their preferred eatery, sat down while Anne made the order for them.
"You got my order just right" Beni rejoiced.
"And I think you're trying to punish me" June cried.
"Cheer up big brother, you'll suffice" Beni defended.
The statement made by Beni got June and Anne laugh out loud, drawing a bit of attention.
"Aunty precious! Aunty Lawrentta!" Anne screamed.
"Hello Angel" they chorused.
"Mind if we join you guys?" Lawrentta asked.
"More than welcome" Beni answered.
"We heard you guys laughter and thought of joining in" Lawrentta continued.
"Is that okay…. Creed are you okay with us being here?" Precious asked June who has been focused on his food since they came.
"No, it's alright".
"Are we invited to your graduation party, I will love to come" Anne begged Precious.
"Sorry love, it's for adults only…but we can go out on our own girls party if you want".
"Will you be interested in that Beni?" Lawrentta asked.
"As long as you promise to tell me what's happening to my senior brother right now".
"Baby! Please don't do that…..eat up so we can leave, mother wants us back early".
"Excuse me ladies, have to use the restroom" Precious said hurriedly while leaving.
"I need some fresh air, I'll be back" June said and left tracing Precious' steps.
"What are you doing in here?".
"The restroom?".
"I mean the ladies restroom".
"Have you been crying?".
"Yes…..and I bet that makes you happy".
"I love you! and I always will….probably till the end of my days, I left you not because of anything, but because I'm scared to hurt you like I did Lawrentta….that's the truth".
"But then you moved on to Happiness".
"I don't love her, I've not been ever sure of how I feel about anyone like I do you".
"What does that mean?".
"It means you deserve someone much better than me….. someone not bleeped up in the head like I am".
June left the restroom leaving Precious much in thoughts, deciding on what to say and do gave her the courage to face him, but when she came out…he'd gone.
"Where are they?" She asked Lawrentta.
"Creed came out and made them leave in a hurry…..anything?".
"I'm going to fight for him".
"Preciou….".
"No, he just told me how he feels about me, if there's that little chance….I'll take it".
June and his juniors came home earlier than their mother expected, with excitement full on her daughters' faces, and the opposite been wore by her son.
"Girls go and have your bath, food is almost ready".
"Mummy I'm full!….can me and Beni go to a girls party with aunt Precious and aunt Lawrentta?" Anne asked.
"A girls party?".
"Yes mother, she said if we want to, we can come and it'll be just me, Anne, aunt Lawrentta,and aunt Precious in the party".
"I'll ask your father….that's all I can promise".
"Thanks mum" they chorused.
"Now go and have your bath……let me and your big brother have a talk".
"Hope I'm safe mother?".
"You tell me, what's with the face wearing?".
"It's nothing mum, I'm just caught in a conundrum about two valuables".
"Do you want us to talk about the two valuables?".
"Not today mum".
"Alright, just don't get any girl pregnant…cos I will kill you! and then raise the child in your place, you can count on that" the mother said with a smile walking back to the kitchen.
"Alright mum, going to go get ready for the school's party this evening".
"I don't know why your school had to fix a party that late".
"It's an organised party mum, there are going to be securities everywhere".
"Think it was that easy to convince your father to let you attend this so called organised party that will be full of securities?".
"I'll be back early, I promise…..but I have to leave early too, is that okay?".
"As long as you're back early".
"You're the best".
June got into his room to prepare for his evening when his phone rang, checking the caller id, it was Lawrentta.
"Didn't think you'll be picking my call" she said at the other end of the line.
"You assume too much…..what's up?".
"Heard what you said to Precious".
"She told you?".
"Did you think she wouldn't?".
"Honestly, I don't care, you suggested….you defined the rules on our relationship".
"I only said what I said……".
"What do you really want!?".
"Do you love me…..if yes, then let's meet tonight" the call was cut by Lawrentta.

(1) (Reply)

Writers Arrive In Abuja For The Chinua Achebe's 10th Year Anniversary / How To Make $1000 Monthly With Ghost Writing Income Generator / The Silent Maid [...a Horror Ebook]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.