Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,139 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian (6636 Views)

I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Minsk24: 6:37am On Jul 31, 2023
Following
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by myhero: 8:30pm On Aug 03, 2023
Lovely thread.. Following
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by gr8man4rmukpor(m): 2:07am On Aug 05, 2023
Where did you book your flight?
America001:
I'm flying from Cotonou too. Hope I can see a cheap hotel around the airport. And where can I ask the GUO or GIG motors driver to stop me.

Secondly how do I cope with the French language?

Do I need yellow card too?

Anyone else that has gone through this route should come and enlighten me.
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by jjmk(m): 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2023
Benwems:

There’s nothing. Two ways. Enter a big transport company like God is Good or GUO or ABC etc(they charge like 50k to 60K naira) but I think ABC is kinda cheap maybe 30K but I’m not sure but GIG and GUO is about 50-60k. GUO will ask you to pay for extra luggage is much. You pay extra 5-20k. GIG will tell you to buy extra chair if your luggage is much. Company like GUO and gig will take you into contonou but those small taxis at mile 2 etc will stop you close to the boarder you will now enter okada to cross the boarder. After which you will put into another bus or car to continue to ur journey to the airport. You will pay 5k to 10K for them to stamp ur passpor At the boarder but I not pay extra if u use gig or GUO(though u may still pay) u will be inside GUO bus when they stamping. They will collect everyone passport and submit it. And collect it and give back to u guys in the bus. After which GUO or gig will take u inside well before they put u into another direct taxi to airport. But normal transport na okada them de use cross boarder or ur leg. That’s how it works. If u using normal transport, hide ur passport at all check points in badary because Nigerian immigration and police do estort if they see u have visa in ur passport they will be checking it at the check point. So u present ur voter card or dL as means of ID and 1-2K as bribe if asked. If they ask u tell them u going to see a friend in cotonou. I recommend big transport company because no stress or extortion even at the boarder. Though they may as for small month like 5K if they see visa on the passport at the boarder.

I’m busy and typing fast so my English composition and words maybe wrong.

You advised to hide one's passport if there is visa on top, but wont this affect one at the airport in Cotonou because there is no exit and entry stamp at the border?
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Benwems(m): 5:47pm On Aug 10, 2023
jjmk:

You advised to hide one's passport if there is visa on top, but wont this affect one at the airport in Cotonou because there is no exit and entry stamp at the border?

You don’t get it. Hide from the immigration and police officers check point on your way to the boarder. Make sure at seme boarder you release ur passport for exit and entry stamp(ver important).

1 Like

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by jjmk(m): 1:17pm On Aug 11, 2023
Benwems:

You don’t get it. Hide from the immigration and police officers check point on your way to the boarder. Make sure at seme boarder you release ur passport for exit and entry stamp(ver important).

Ok, now I understand u
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Emma2Seconds: 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2023
cry
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Emma2Seconds: 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2023
cry wink[right][/right]
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by fablyn1010: 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
I’m traveling through Cotonou too have gotten my tickets already what’s your on date and where are you traveling to?

America001:
I'm flying from Cotonou too. Hope I can see a cheap hotel around the airport. And where can I ask the GUO or GIG motors driver to stop me.

Secondly how do I cope with the French language?

Do I need yellow card too?

Anyone else that has gone through this route should come and enlighten me.
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by sunboy(m): 2:20pm On Aug 17, 2023
Leemekzy:
stamp your passport at the border.

This is okay to do but not mandatory. The benefits of ecowas is that you can travel with any IDs issued by the member state if you are not arriving by air. So not stamping won’t be an issue at all.
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Newlymarried: 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2023
At the boarder

Will the luggage’s be opened to check items?

Please what are needed to cross the boarder?
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Paparaxo(m): 12:52am On Sep 11, 2023
How were you able to book your flight. As all the flights I’m seeing from there are in their local currency?

fablyn1010:

I’m traveling through Cotonou too have gotten my tickets already what’s your on date and where are you traveling to?

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by IRIENBOY(m): 9:14am On Sep 11, 2023
Following
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by taotechs(m): 7:06am On Sep 13, 2023
Bro please how did you book cotonou flight from Nigeria?
The currency is different and how were you able to cope with language barrier at the airport or they speak English?

fablyn1010:

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by fablyn1010: 9:30am On Sep 13, 2023
taotechs:
Bro please how did you book cotonou flight from Nigeria?
The currency is different and how were you able to cope with language barrier at the airport or they speak English?

500k per person I used Wakanow to book
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Emmanuel2907: 7:34pm On Sep 16, 2023
Please can you walk me through on how book flight from Benin to UK? I could not find any available flight at the moment, my departure date is 23rd of September
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Yorkedwight: 11:05pm On Sep 16, 2023
Emmanuel2907:
Please can you walk me through on how book flight from Benin to UK? I could not find any available flight at the moment, my departure date is 23rd of September

Use Google flight
Enter departure country
Enter arrival country and date of departure
Once it brings the calendar you select and check the website of the airline
Some routes may require transit visa. Be careful
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by mygee2(m): 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2023
Nice thread
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by mygee2(m): 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2023
Please what’s the advantage of flighting from Cotonou let say I’m from north and it would cost me around 200k to go to Cotonou
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Yorkedwight: 8:02pm On Sep 17, 2023
mygee2:
Please what’s the advantage of flighting from Cotonou let say I’m from north and it would cost me around 200k to go to Cotonou

Flights from Cotonou are cheaper
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by collarfreak(m): 10:03pm On Jan 04
Please did you later follow Cotonou route to UK. If yes please share your experience. I would like to know how you book your flight and the airport activities if it is advisable to board from Cotonou to uk from Nigeria. Thanks as I await you

Emmanuel2907:

(1) (2) (Reply)

USA Vs Canada Vs Australia: Easiest PR Through School? / Hotels Around Murtala Muhammed Airport, Urgent! / Medical Doctor Needs Help!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.