Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi (24966 Views)

Remembering Legendary DR Sir Warrior- Oriental Brothers " Nwanne Awu Enyi / Jennifer Eliogu - Onulu Ube Nwanne LYRICS / MP3 DOWNLOAD / Don Jazzy & Kabusa Oriental Choir Remix Rihanna's Umbrella (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by clockwisereport: 2:42pm On Jan 16, 2023
milkySperm:
Reminds me of when I stayed in Orba, Brendan Onah's favourite artist
Orba uduleke
Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by NairaLux(f): 2:42pm On Jan 16, 2023
Naijap99us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBbdE9IKkhw

Late Legendary Dr Sir Warrior of his blessed memory was extraordinary talent in music. He basically didn't write his songs. Composed them on the stage and it flows. He had a unique velvet voice and his lyrics embedded with proverb and wisdom.

You'll need to understand Owerri dialect though to fully benefit from the inherent wisdom of this talented music icon of all time. We must not forget the founding fathers of the high life and AFROBEAT who are resting in the Lord.

We must remember and give them credit for their contributions in Nigerian music industry.

I salute the home town and state of oriental Brothers international Band Owerri Imo State.

But Sir Warrior is personally from Mbaise.

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by Denoh68: 2:44pm On Jan 16, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
Highly talented though failed woefully in parental duties reason why he raised that holigan of a son that tormented us those days in Abia state university
WHERE WAS HIS WIFE, MUST THE MAN BE THERE TO PARENT HIS CHILDREN, DON'T YOU THINK MOST POBLIC FIGURES WOULD FIND IT DIFFICULT TO COMBINE TALENT AND PARENTING DUTIES. I THINK HIS WIFE SHOULD HAVE FILLED THAT VOID SIR.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by mariahAngel(f): 2:45pm On Jan 16, 2023
Munzy14:

I feel connected with the topic..

Even my song playing currently is Kelechi by Orientals.. cheesy

There's this pleasant vibe that highlife songs give.
That O ri otu mgbo a ma e ri di correct, o kwa ya?

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by rickyrex(m): 2:47pm On Jan 16, 2023
Lalar27:
King sunny ade is still far more better than this fraud and local champion
is anybody competing with you

1 Like

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by Useku(m): 2:48pm On Jan 16, 2023
clockwisereport:
Ozo wu iwem was a diss song by Kabaka. He sang the song after he fall out with sir warrior. It is in that song that they said "if you see a snake and an Mbaise man, kill the Mbaise man before you kill the snake"

Comot dia
Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by DispatcherLagos: 2:51pm On Jan 16, 2023
Denoh68:
WHERE WAS HIS WIFE, MUST THE MAN BE THERE TO PARENT HIS CHILDREN, DON'T YOU THINK MOST POBLIC FIGURES WOULD FIND IT DIFFICULT TO COMBINE TALENT AND PARENTING DUTIES. I THINK HIS WIFE SHOULD HAVE FILLED THAT VOID SIR.
Sad enough most talented musicians aren't always fortunate to have good wives....they too most times lead irresponsible lives

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by descarado: 2:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
Jide nke gi is my all time best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KMiQ5xyBbc
Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by milkySperm(m): 2:57pm On Jan 16, 2023
clockwisereport:
Orba uduleke

Yes o
Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by Munzy14(m): 3:00pm On Jan 16, 2023
mariahAngel:

I swear..Anyone who knows me in person, will agree I am a deep higlife person.

Ma Orientals.
Ma osadebe
Ma Oliver Dr Coque.
Umu obiligbi
Endless list.

I like some Yoruba songs as well..Ebenezer one.. appreciation.

Sir Shina Peters... cheesy
Lagbaja konko below.. grin

I ñwetere ya..One who eats all at ones, no sabi chop.

Did you played the clip? I ghotara ihe ndi warrior su ga nga ahu? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by descarado: 3:01pm On Jan 16, 2023
mariahAngel:

Was never a fan of highlife until I started missing home.
You can never compare them to today's songs. So educative, encompassing and encouraging.

Sometimes when I'm down, they sooth my nerves.

Each song send me home to a particular person and time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by gentlegenius(m): 3:06pm On Jan 16, 2023
Lalar27:
Comrade... This display of tribal bigotry is totally unnecessary.
Pls take a CHILL PILL to KILL your ILL WILL.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by mariahAngel(f): 3:06pm On Jan 16, 2023
Munzy14:

I swear..Anyone who knows me in person, will agree I am a deep higlife person.

Ma Orientals.
Ma osadebe
Ma Oliver Dr Coque.
Umu obiligbi
Endless list.

I like some Yoruba songs as well..Ebenezer one.. appreciation.

Sir Shina Peters... cheesy
Lagbaja konko below.. grin

I ñwetere ya..One who eats all at ones, no sabi chop.

Did you played the clip? I ghotara ihe ndi warrior su ga nga ahu? cheesy

Only for a short time. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by mariahAngel(f): 3:08pm On Jan 16, 2023
descarado:

You can never compare them to today's songs. So educative, encompassing and encouraging.

Is there any current highlife music you're feeling now?
Have you ever listened to any of umu Obiligbo's songs? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by membranus: 3:10pm On Jan 16, 2023
DispatcherLagos:
Highly talented though failed woefully in parental duties reason why he raised that holigan of a son that tormented us those days in Abia state university

He is not responsible for his purported son's hooliganism.

So don't blame him for that. That son, out of the many sons he probably have, choose that route of himself.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by RtrevEzeugo1: 3:12pm On Jan 16, 2023
OgunKiLhordSpy:
I still wonder wetin this obi people dey drink wey dey .make them deceive Thereself say obi fit win.... Obi no fit come third except kwankwaso step down.... All of them go soon go back to there Biafra agitation come March

Haba
am Atiku fan but if obi win are you sure you won't change your name on nairaland, you dey envy Igbo wey go soon big pass Yoruba for population for that Una Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by Ebullient76(m): 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2023
I remember this track... My elder cousin plays it regularly till date. When I listen to the lyrics of the song, I get much inspiration from it. R. I. P. Late Sir Warrior...

1 Like

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by clockwisereport: 3:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
melonsgroup:
No Down payment
Run away from that fraudster
Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by Dwaynestefan: 3:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
Lalar27:
May your stupidity die with you and not pass on to your coming generation.

This I pray �

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by ntipro: 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2023
[quote author=Naijap99us post=120084977]https://youtu.be/QBbdE9IK
E get groove wey Oriental songs dey bring on stage. I love the originality of the man and his guitarist. These are legends, pace setters.
Music these days is more of noise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by iykejohnson(m): 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2023
This particular track is still my best track via Oriental brother's songs

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by descarado: 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2023
mariahAngel:

Is there any current highlife music you're feeling now?
Have you ever listened to any of umu Obiligbo's songs? cheesy
I play them everyday on Spotify. Trust me, I have played some that I never know they existed cheesy

Yes, I do play obiligbo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by Pharaoh4rin(m): 3:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
Denoh68:
Hi THESE PEOPLE ALWAYS WANT IT TO BE "THEM" AND THEIR PEOPLE. THEY THINK THEY ARE A SUPERIOR RACE TO THE REST OF US IN NIGERIA AND AFRICA .

It's crazy.
I'm neither Igbo nor Yoruba but the way Yoruba hate Igbos you'll think Igbos are ones who seized Kwara state from them and installed their emirate. It's so pathetic

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by blueAgent(m): 3:56pm On Jan 16, 2023
Lalar27:

Which Ade?

Clown.

More than 10years after his death , Sir Warrior songs are still played and loved even by non igbos.

1 Like

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by blueAgent(m): 3:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
descarado:

True

1 Like

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by nogasimplicity: 3:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
Oriental is one of the best with deep reflection, words of encouragement, advice, scintillating tunes. Word like "Oji oso agbakwuru ogu" ozu sibe usi enyi ka nwanne alala", oke no na olulu onwere nso"., elibe uzo libe enyi", agamefu adighi mma na aju", etc I do play ihe oma almost everyday. He Sir warrior and the surviving members like dansatch, ichita and kabaka are legends in highlife music. God bless Oriental brothers

1 Like

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by millionboi(m): 4:12pm On Jan 16, 2023
OgunKiLhordSpy:
I still wonder wetin this obi people dey drink wey dey .make them deceive Thereself say obi fit win.... Obi no fit come third except kwankwaso step down.... All of them go soon go back to there Biafra agitation come March
Tinubu will come third mark my word
Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by Badgers14: 4:23pm On Jan 16, 2023
Lalar27:

Sunny Ade is a legend in his own right.. well loved in South west.

Oriental brothers are well loved in South East and are legends..

Why are you trying to instigate unnecessary tribal war??

3 Likes

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by ultimateprof: 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2023
Sir worrior still remains one of my best music till tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by GorillaApp(m): 4:39pm On Jan 16, 2023
Useku:
When chips were down for me as a uni boy,I drew strength from his songs playing cassettes from my transistor radio.

I remember,
Ozo wu iwem,and I fought never to have a generational pattern web me in.

I remember ,

Onye mezie ndu ya emezie,and I vowed to leave right and shun temporal pleasures

I remember,
All the lyrics of nwanne awu eyin and I chose to learn from the wisdom of the ancients!

I have their songs in my office laptop,car stereo and in my bedroom.

Rest on dey warrior.
Can I have them pls
Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by origima: 4:41pm On Jan 16, 2023
Dr sir Warrior? My brother lifam,dis life no balance at all

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Dr Sir Warrior: Oriental Brothers- Nwanne Awu Enyi by GorillaApp(m): 4:48pm On Jan 16, 2023
nogasimplicity:
Oriental is one of the best with deep reflection, words of encouragement, advice, scintillating tunes. Word like "Oji oso agbakwuru ogu" ozu sibe usi enyi ka nwanne alala", oke no na olulu onwere nso"., elibe uzo libe enyi", agamefu adighi mma na aju", etc I do play ihe oma almost everyday. He Sir warrior and the surviving members like dansatch, ichita and kabaka are legends in highlife music. God bless Oriental brothers
The way you guys write read this Igbo makes me envy you guys. I can't do same and it annoys me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mp3 : King Monada – Malwedhe / Burna Boy, Tems And Rema Full 2023 NBA All-Star Game Halftime Show / 96.9 Cool FM Or Rhythm 93.7 FM: Which Is The Best?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.