Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,768 members, 7,827,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa (19739 Views)

GE Makes Nigeria Its Africa's Hub,builds $1billion Manufacturing Plant In Calaba / Nigeria: The Good, The Bad, The Beautiful, The Ugly. / Woe! To Nigerian Government. Ghana Is Now The Giant Of Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by femmy2010(m): 11:02am On Sep 06, 2011
Population
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by antonion(m): 11:04am On Sep 06, 2011
paraphase:

@Nayah Yes,Im hurt because I dont expect an ordinary South African to throw blow at "a whole Nigeria" grin grin grin

iam sorry Nayah , i was adressing this cunt who doesn't listen
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by Nayah(f): 11:05am On Sep 06, 2011
Paraphrase and OJ let's try to discuss weaknesses and strengh of Nigeria, rather than tearing a part, but oyu have to confess some reality too brothers, Nigeria is facing huge problems

Antonio, Nigeria may not be perfect but so as SA, we all know what's going on out there SA is the richest and more developped African country but facing racial problems, diseases and unequality in terms of chances despite the Black people at the Head of States, but again every country has their difficulties the thing is: how to get rid off this ( much better than bashing each other)
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by paraphase(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2011
iam sorry Nayah , i was adressing this womanliness who doesn't listen
@antonio
uhm sorry 21st century Slave grin grin grin
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by bisiaet: 11:10am On Sep 06, 2011
I would say Nigeria is a giant and a real giant of Africa though on leadership aspect we havent get it right yet but I belief strongly one good day we shall get it right.

I had travelled far and wide live in some countries outside Nigeria and indeed my home is the best it doesnt matter what, I got no other place to called my country so I will not be a party of people who run Nigeria down and never see anything good about it. I'm a Nigeria and am indeed proud to say it.

I realised that majority of Nigeria are master complanant I was shock to hear a South Africa friend telling me sometime ago when we met in Koln, Germany that " your people complain too much and they dont value what they have as a country untill they loose it" and I ask why he said it is so funny comparing South Africa with Nigeria because the job was all done by the white if it were to be the black South Africa he said no way South Africa would have be hell but Nigeria did it on their own with No British or America support and their citizen are so hardworking and brilliant anywhere you see them in the world.

It is a pure madness comparing Ghana to Nigeria though as I said initially leadership is what we still havent get right yet but in any facet of life the two country is not a match is it population, ethnicity complexity or what if Ghana find herself in situation Nigeria is Ghana will be a gone country this is the truth. I only pray for to give us the leader will want. Though Gej may be the John but I still belief the Jesus is still on the way sorry please i'm not talking of a person of Buhari type of leadership i'm not his followers and will never be i'm talking of a real honest free minded leader a true Nigeria and NOT tribalist or a religion jingolo.

Nigeria is Giant indeed a Giant of Africa no need to beg anybody to belief it or not. Nigeria forever am proud to be a Nigeria it doesnt matter what anybody say. God bless
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by antonion(m): 11:10am On Sep 06, 2011
nolongTing:

Whites comprise just over 9% of the population. They are primarily descendants of Dutch, French, English, and German settlers who began arriving at the Cape of Good Hope in the late 17th century.

[size=18pt]White Farmers Own 90% Of South Africa's Agricultural Land! How can 9% of the population own 90% of the Farm Land? cry cry cry cry cry[/size]  

BLECKS in South Africa are slaves in their own land!  cry cry cry cry cry cry If the White farmers leave they will be poorer than Zimbabwe

Thats a FACT

listen dude i never said South Africa is a Giant all iam saying is there is no Giant its a matter of countries helping one another,

Last that rubbish research you said about agriculture it doesn't exit here, government owns Agriculture . i don't know this hypthetic statement of yours ,

Anyway cuzzy never praise your self you must aknoledge your fellow people or imediate friends that you work with , don't be full of your self,

Remember not to undermine people on your way up because you will need them on your way down.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/south-africas-black-farmers-selling-their-farms-back-to-previous-white-owners/story-e6frg6so-1226127080556
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by Ladipodeal: 11:11am On Sep 06, 2011
@ topic

Nothing, we aint giant of Africa at all. It is just a saying. Tot it was changed to sleeping giant of Africa. Guys dont be deceived!

Na only Giant of Africa?. God help us
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by antonion(m): 11:14am On Sep 06, 2011
antonion:

listen dude i never said South Africa is a Giant all iam saying is there is no Giant its a matter of countries helping one another,

Last that rubbish research you said about agriculture it doesn't exit here, government owns Agriculture . i don't know this hypthetic statement of yours ,

Anyway cuzzy never praise your self you must aknoledge your fellow people or imediate friends that you work with , don't be full of your self,

Remember not to undermine people on your way up because you will need them on your way down.
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by GMcompere: 11:21am On Sep 06, 2011
Os Cof we are the Giant in Africa, no other african nation surpasses us when it comes to Corruption and empty headed leaders grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by 1025: 11:22am On Sep 06, 2011
population, crime and corruption at every sector of the country.
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by antonion(m): 11:25am On Sep 06, 2011
GMcompere:

Os Cof we are the Giant in Africa, no other african nation surpasses us when it comes to Corruption and empty headed leaders grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by tpia5: 11:26am On Sep 06, 2011
Another meaningless thread.
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 06, 2011
South Africa actually had the first black satellite as far back as 1999 ~ called Sunsat

Also motor assembly does not equate to manufacturing

Maybe in terms of population size only
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by nolongTing: 11:34am On Sep 06, 2011
antonion:

let me remind you of your little rant:

antonion:

Giant my foot Nigeria is not a GIANT OF AFRICA ,  It can be a Giant in Crime Drug Dealers and Fraudster , You talking nonsense you must say things based on existing Facts

Remember now? You sure have a short memory.

antonion:

I thinks its blatantly obvious from your post that your are one of those poor township boys who never received formal education.  When Mandela became the first BLECK president of South Africa you was only 5 years, by the time a school was built in your shanty town you was already hustling on the street corners. So, your ignorance is comprehensible.  grin grin

antonion:

You need to work on your BLECK spelling and grammar – you come across as very crude indeed.  When Nigeria was busy educating and supporting your leaders for free you was not even born.  You listen to a bit of rap music, hear a few rumours, then jump on the internet provided by white people in your country and start disrespecting Nigerians – what a joke.

antonion:

I think you need to take your own advice and tell your brothers too, when the white man leaves, it will be fun to watch.

[size=18pt]White Farmers Own 90% Of South Africa's Agricultural Land! How can 9% of the population own 90% of the Farm Land?  cry cry cry cry cry[/size]  

BLECKS in South Africa are slaves in their own land!  cry cry cry cry cry cry If the White farmers leave they will be poorer than Zimbabwe

Thats a FACT

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/south-africas-black-farmers-selling-their-farms-back-to-previous-white-owners/story-e6frg6so-1226127080556
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by COMPAQ(m): 11:37am On Sep 06, 2011
Nigeria isn't the giant of Africa, South Africa is!!!

South Africa hosted a World Cup, Nigeria can't host it in 30 years (except a miracle happens)

South Africa has 24hrs power, a very functional air, land and rail transport network and infrastructure (along with a new fast train connecting Pretoria and Jo'bourg), Nigeria has none of these.

South Africa assembles Toyota's, BMW's and a few other brands, Nigeria is barely able to assemble Peugout

South African universities are superb, ours are in shambles

Need I say more, ??
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by paraphase(m): 11:38am On Sep 06, 2011
BLECKS in South Africa are slaves in their own land!        If the White farmers leave they will be poorer than Zimbabwe

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by antonion(m): 11:40am On Sep 06, 2011
COMPAQ:

South Africa hosted a World Cup, Nigeria can't host it in 30 years (except a miracle happens)

South Africa has 24hrs power, a very functional air, land and rail transport network and infrastructure (along with a new fast train connecting Pretoria and Jo'bourg), Nigeria has none of these.

South Africa assembles Toyota's, BMW's and a few other brands, Nigeria is barely able to assemble Peugout

Need I say more, ??

What a positive attitute right there , Tell him Compaq , this stupid guy doesn't know a thing
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by paraphase(m): 11:41am On Sep 06, 2011
so hosting a world cup automatically makes you the giant of a continent? What a dumbo we have here undecided
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by antonion(m): 11:44am On Sep 06, 2011
antonion:

What a positive attitute right there , Tell him Compaq , this silly guy doesn't know a thing

when we are talking urban tell him we talking real urban have you ever seen a City with a Gravel road it's a shame.   no proper soccer stadium , They have Shopping Centre where as South Africa has Malls , not some stupid shoping centre.
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by adamaw2tuf: 11:46am On Sep 06, 2011
antonion:

WELL SAID MAN,BUT I JUST WANNA ADD SOMETHING THOUGH.NIGERIA IS A GIANT BREEDING GROUND FOR BIG FOOLS WITH A SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE COMMON MAN,A LAND WHERE PEOPLE ARE SO BRAIN WASHED TO HATE,BACK BITE EACH OTHER BECAUSE OF THEIR ETHNIC DIFFERENCE AND A LAND OF CORRUPT GIANT VURLTURES THAT CANT WAIT HAVE THEIR CHILDREN FOR DINNER OR LUNCH,TALK ABOUT 419,CORRUPTION AND OTHER SHAMEFUL THING WHICH ARE TAKING PLACE IN HERE AND THOSE WHO ARE SOPPOSED TO BE PROTECTING THE COMMON MAN DONT EVEN GIVE A DAMN,AND LL TRY AND TWIST EVERY THING TO TEMPERARILY SUIT THEIR EVIL INTENSION AND SELFISH INTEREST.MY GOOD FRIEND THIS NIGERIA.
antonion:

Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by antonion(m): 11:47am On Sep 06, 2011
antonion:

What a positive attitute right there , Tell him Compaq , this silly guy doesn't know a thing
paraphase:

so hosting a world cup automatically makes you the giant of a continent? What a dumbo we have here undecided

it does because it shows how powerful South Africa is . R1 equals to N18
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by nolongTing: 11:55am On Sep 06, 2011
antonion:

let me remind you of your little rant:

antonion:

Giant my foot Nigeria is not a GIANT OF AFRICA ,  It can be a Giant in Crime Drug Dealers and Fraudster , You talking nonsense you must say things based on existing Facts

Remember now? You sure have a short memory.

antonion:

I thinks its blatantly obvious from your post that your are one of those poor township boys who never received formal education.  When Mandela became the first BLECK president of South Africa you was only 5 years, by the time a school was built in your shanty town you was already hustling on the street corners. So, your ignorance is comprehensible.  grin grin

antonion:

You need to work on your BLECK spelling and grammar – you come across as very crude indeed.  When Nigeria was busy educating and supporting your leaders for free you was not even born.  You listen to a bit of rap music, hear a few rumours, then jump on the internet provided by white people in your country and start disrespecting Nigerians – what a joke.

antonion:

I think you need to take your own advice and tell your brothers too, when the white man leaves, it will be fun to watch.

[size=18pt]White Farmers Own 90% Of South Africa's Agricultural Land! How can 9% of the population own 90% of the Farm Land?  cry cry cry cry cry[/size]  

Thats a FACT

Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by nolongTing: 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2011
antonion:

when we are talking urban tell him we talking real urban have you ever seen a City with a Gravel road it's a shame.   no proper soccer stadium , They have Shopping Centre where as South Africa has Malls , not some silly shoping centre.

@antonion whats the difference between the bolded above grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by Johnsinia(m): 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2011
Nigeria might b the richest country and all of dat in Afr but thats nt d issue: with all its got how many lives has it benefitd?are d masses a partaker of d natnal cake or is dis natnal cake only 4 some fat fools.thats y i dnt listen to some ppl being unneccessary patroitic with the words 'it go better' without doing anythin,the truth is dat dis fat fools sharin our natnal cake among themselves are d ones makin us to blive dat 'it go better' while they ar in one corner eating up our cake,laughn at us and calln us FOOLS.
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by nolongTing: 12:06pm On Sep 06, 2011
COMPAQ:

Need I say more, ??

[size=18pt]This morning President Zuma said: SA lacks black industrialists[/size]

South Africa has “no visible” black industrialists, despite the many black people entering various sectors of the economy, President Jacob Zuma says.

Zuma addressed a Black Business Summit organised by the Confederation of Black Business Organisations on Tuesday.

“We do not see large factories or mines that are owned by black people or women,” Zuma said.

Zuma said as the country built the economy through expanding manufacturing, mining, agriculture and the green economy, it had to develop the black industrial sector.

http://www.iol.co.za/business/business-news/zuma-sa-lacks-black-industrialists-1.1132076

Are the industrialists BLECK south Africans - NO

Are the majority of academics in South African Universities Bleck? - NO

Did the Blecks build the infrastructure?- NO

Why do you think South Africa was allowed to host the world cup? could it be that they had the largest European population?
  grin grin grin grin
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by paraphase(m): 12:07pm On Sep 06, 2011
it does because it shows how powerful South Africa is . R1 equals to N18

Look your brain is empty.

Tunisian Dinar 1 equals to R5.1322 South African currency. So that makes Tunisia powerful or better than South Africa? SA is full of brainless people like you.
 undecided
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by paraphase(m): 12:11pm On Sep 06, 2011
@antonion whats the difference between the bolded above
Leave him,hes just one of the many brainless,HIV\AIDS infectfed South Africans

Are the industrialists BLECK south Africans - NO
I have been screaming loud that himself and his hopeless BLECKS would perpetually remain 21st century slaves in their own country. grin grin cheesy
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by nolongTing: 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2011
paraphase:

Leave him,hes just one of the many brainless,HIV\AIDS infectfed South Africans
I have been screaming loud that himself and his hopeless BLECKS would perpetually remain 21st century slaves in their own country. grin grin cheesy

Its a bad idea to throw stones when you live in a transparent glass house grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:27pm On Sep 06, 2011
thatz good grin grin
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by Johnsinia(m): 12:29pm On Sep 06, 2011
Gaint in what? That's d questn u shud be askn.is it in d area of corruptn,hunger,bad govt,insecurity,killn,kidnappn,tribal and religeous conflict,theives,stagnancy,backwardness,pwer failure,etc or in d area of d opposite.if it is in d area of the latter Nig and SA do nt fall in d ring,both ve huge symptons of corruptn but if it is in d area of d latter give it to Ghana.c'mon guys ve u been to Ghana lately,there u wil see d result of good govnance.Evry thing i mean every sector is workin just fine in Ghana.
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by paraphase(m): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2011
Its a bad idea to throw stones when you live in a transparent glass house
sigh (relief) grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin
Re: What Makes Nigeria The Giant Of Africa by member22: 1:17pm On Sep 06, 2011
[size=34pt]In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.[/size]

Giants because the competiton is Togo, Rwanda, Congo, Liberia, Somalia and other war torn places.

Try comparing it to SA or Kenya.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari And Obama Meet At UN Headquarters (photo) / Senator Akpabio Denies Involvement In Bribery Of Supreme Court Justices / Insecurity In Imo: All The Indigenes Are Culpable, Says Maurice Iwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.