Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? (24342 Views)

Scam Check: I Keep Getting Message From This Person To Make Money Online / Should Chioma Truly Open Up To This Person Or Allow The New Staff Finds Out Thin / I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by braunny(m): 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2023
Rexymania:
What's the nature of the job?
abi ohhhh....
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by HaneefahRN(f): 5:02pm On Jan 17, 2023
Someone went behind you to get a deal you lost and you are still thinking about whether to keep them at arms length? She sees you as competition
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by RevolverOcelot(m): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2023
Op what kind of business do you do? If you're not comfy sharing that detail then nvm. Just do your thing and make sure to avoid letting her find out your moves/plans. Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by WantsandMore: 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:
There's this person I brought into my line of job. When I brought her in, I wanted her to learn the job very well for like 6 months or a year before she can launch out to get her own clients and be on her own but she left three weeks after following me a few times. She felt she has gotten the hang of the job and started getting her own clients and has been on her own since last year. I overlooked all that. She then started calling me along the line to teach or show her somethings on the job to which I refused because she left of her own accord knowing full well she has not learnt all there is to learn.

Now, there was a place I submitted my proposal letter and after they called me. We had a chat and after a good bargain, they told me to resume the following week. Two days to resumption, they called and told me to hold on. So I felt they got a better bargain. It pained me and I told this person all that happened and what I charged them. After that, I got two other clients who paid the same amount I charged the one that flopped. So I used those ones to console myself and moved on but was still hoping that they would get back to me someday.

Fast-forward to last week. This close pal of mine I trained on the job told me she got a call. In fact she went to that same place I told her I lost an opportunity and submitted a proposal. They now called her and she offered them lower charges and she was given the job.

At first I felt stabbed because she knew about my ordeal with the same company. I just chose not to discuss it further.

Ok, last year, I confided in her that I want to review my charges with my old clients. Like those I've been with for 4 , 5 years. Today, she called saying she reviewed her charges too with her clients. O boy! Because I reviewed, you too review? I mean something she started last year, she's already reviewing just because I told her I did and my clients have responded to it. These are clients I've had for years and you've only had yours for a few months, cos she started mid last year and she's already increasing fees. Is that how things are done? Anyways I didn't try to warn her of the implication of such act.

Now, I feel this person is just trying to compete with me and I'm thinking it's high time I start concealing somethings from her.

What do you think? Is it safe to continue divulging my plans to this person or am I overreacting?
Man not to be mean & I honestly mean no disrespect, but bro, you talk too much. Learn to be the listener & not the talker, strategize in secret & implement in the open, if there's a need for you to talk, perhaps it's a part of you, do not bury that part but rather find someone you can talk about work who isn't in your line of work, as for your friend, I only have this to say to you " fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." learn from your mistakes and avoid being tricked in the same way again.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2023
You acted foolishly, but it's not too late.
If I were you, this is what I'll do: set her up in such a way that she'll crashed and never to recover. Even if she recovered, she'll live to respect men. If you don't know how to set her up, lemme know. Nonsense
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by nedekid: 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
Op. Is the payments in usd and is it reasonable.
Make I receive training. grin
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by abbey621(m): 5:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
You trained someone to do the same business you're into using the same methods, what was your goal? Did you plan on her being under you or did you truly wanted her to succeed? If you truly planned on her succeeding then you should be happy she's able to recover businesses you could not capture. Your problem is that you're a good friend but a bad businessperson. Nothing you do gives you a strategic advantage over your trainee, in fact it does look like she's the sharper one here. What took you 5 years, she accomplished in a year using the same methods, now imagine if she upgraded her skills, OMO NA TO PACK UP BE THAT O!

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by DeBigFab(m): 5:12pm On Jan 17, 2023
My friend, they are advising you and you are turning things upside down. If you already have solution to your problem why stressing us.

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]She's more like a family so in a bid to know how every one is faring in business and life generally, we end up disclosing somethings to each other but I don't know why she uses mine against me.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by skentelelady(f): 5:12pm On Jan 17, 2023
madridguy:
Believe me you are not overreacting neither she is a bad person.
Just have this at the back your mind, Water wey person go drink no go flow pass you.

That was then. If you are not smart nor fast nowadays, the water will pass you oo
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Freemasonry: 5:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
Like someone already said, move in silence.

Don't talk too much, she won't break your head to get the update.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by BigIyanga: 5:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:
There's this person I brought into my line of job. When I brought her in, I wanted her to learn the job very well for like 6 months or a year before she can launch out to get her own clients and be on her own but she left three weeks after following me a few times. She felt she has gotten the hang of the job and started getting her own clients and has been on her own since last year. I overlooked all that. She then started calling me along the line to teach or show her somethings on the job to which I refused because she left of her own accord knowing full well she has not learnt all there is to learn.

Now, there was a place I submitted my proposal letter and after they called me. We had a chat and after a good bargain, they told me to resume the following week. Two days to resumption, they called and told me to hold on. So I felt they got a better bargain. It pained me and I told this person all that happened and what I charged them. After that, I got two other clients who paid the same amount I charged the one that flopped. So I used those ones to console myself and moved on but was still hoping that they would get back to me someday.

Fast-forward to last week. This close pal of mine I trained on the job told me she got a call. In fact she went to that same place I told her I lost an opportunity and submitted a proposal. They now called her and she offered them lower charges and she was given the job.

At first I felt stabbed because she knew about my ordeal with the same company. I just chose not to discuss it further.

Ok, last year, I confided in her that I want to review my charges with my old clients. Like those I've been with for 4 , 5 years. Today, she called saying she reviewed her charges too with her clients. O boy! Because I reviewed, you too review? I mean something she started last year, she's already reviewing just because I told her I did and my clients have responded to it. These are clients I've had for years and you've only had yours for a few months, cos she started mid last year and she's already increasing fees. Is that how things are done? Anyways I didn't try to warn her of the implication of such act.

Now, I feel this person is just trying to compete with me and I'm thinking it's high time I start concealing somethings from her.

What do you think? Is it safe to continue divulging my plans to this person or am I overreacting?
Why are you arming your enemy with all your moves and secrets?? Stop it. 2023 is going to be better for you if you don't show your enemy all ur cards. Talk less than do more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by jaxxy(m): 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

That girl is not ur friend and she doesn't give a dam about u. If Reverse was the case I don't even think she will teach u her business line and if she did and u left the way she did and took her job the way she did to u the reaction will be very different and I mean worse.

u need to understand women are naturally selfish. They don't care about u unless they are gaining smtn from u. Only very few women are naturally nice and helpful.

To make matter worse this one is very greedy and overly ambitious that why she left u in just 3werks and trying to do everything ure doing without paying her dues.

She also thinks she's smart and sees u as naive and sm1 she can outsmart. Just tell her ur secrets and she will finish u if it will benefit her. She's a opportunist.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Kavod: 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

WELL NEXT TIME TRY HELPING YOUR FELLOW MAN INSTEAD OF A KEPCUZ YOU WOULD NEVER HIT.... IT SERVES YOU RIGHT, WHAT I CAN TELL YOU IS THAT SHE IS DEFINITELY GOING TO BE BETTER THAN YOU IN THIS FIELD BECAUSE, SHE HAS KPECUZ WHILE YOU HAVE ORDINARY LUST AND HOPES. TOUCHE!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Ginomel(m): 5:22pm On Jan 17, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
You shot yourself in the leg by sharing your plans, your strength and your failures with her.

Must you tell someone your every move in this world where people now take advantage of each other?

In my profession, there are certain skills I still keep to myself. I've instructed in several training sessions and lots of people say I'm a good instructor but I still manage to keep those skills private because I acquired them privately.

I know no one is indispensable but giving them away in a platter will take away the little leverage I still manage to have over some issues.

Learn from your mistakes and good luck.

I see people that hide their skills as complex and pessimistic people.

The more you bring people up, the more you climb.

Especially if you are in a company that uses a standard procedure.

There is nothing wrong bringing people up to speed of the procedure. Anything on the contrary is wickedness and hoarding of information.

You can only bring up someone on top of a very high fence when you are at the top of the fence and the person jumps up to be brought up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by BelieveAfrica: 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Hmmm... I'm trying not to see her as a backstabber but she keeps doing things that make me suspicious of her.

Now the clients are telling her the letter of increment came in late. These are the things I would have taught her about the job if she had stayed a few months with me but she said I was making too much and giving her little. This is someone who didn't pay for the training she was getting o still she was busy calculating how much was coming in and how much was getting to her. That was why she left out of annoyance and had been trying to compete with me in every way. Im shocked.

This your comment got me.
You are trying not to see her as backstabber, but she is backstabbing, sidestabbing and front stabbing you.
She sees your naivety and she is taking full advantage of it. She is making you compete against your self while she takes the gain.
Read between the lines and do the needful.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Bimffo(m): 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
Is she your wife?
Why do you need to tell her everything? Are you okay?
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by bigcee(m): 5:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

You won't understand.
You no just wise. Stop the emotions and start using your head, mumu undecided

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by bigiyaro(m): 5:32pm On Jan 17, 2023
OP! You are too naive to be in this world, at least in the business world, no master teaches his students everything, do you know why coke is coke, do you know why first Bank is still there till now while others have come and gone? Do you know why some ancient companies are still existing till today, they all have secrets that they will never teach you no matter what, they will never divulge that secret formula..... Detach from that "friend" of yours and keep on learning new things in your business niche and develop yourself continuously. Fail to do this and watch your friend take over all your territories. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Foodqueen(f): 5:33pm On Jan 17, 2023
What kind of job is it please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Qatar2022: 5:33pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

You won't understand.
There's nothing to understand here oga , you're just dumb you don't use your mistakes to learn, she's just taking advantage of your vulnerable

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by delishpot: 5:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

am I overreacting?

You waited till now to notice her betrayal and still asking if you should continue to confide in her? You are funny o. angry grin grin

Just print the list of all your clients and give to her. Also when you are pursuing any new deals always take her along.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by obinnaxci(m): 5:36pm On Jan 17, 2023
There are two steps to attaining success. There are:
1- never reveal everything you know,
2-refer to number one above.
EriMma1:

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by tunwumi: 5:40pm On Jan 17, 2023
You are unable to separate business from friendship

There is something called trade secret. You have to respect even with your wife to be successful.

EriMma1:

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Moreign001(m): 5:42pm On Jan 17, 2023
Please what job is that? I want to learn.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by leesi11(m): 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
When you understand that business means war, then you'll know what to do, how to deal and when to discern.
EriMma1:

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by BATified2023: 5:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

since u can’t close your mouth then keep telling her everything

When u start borrowing money from her u will have sense

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by odaniel1(m): 5:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
learning. Does the concept of keeping trade secrets and procedures a secret actually work? It seems to me like an effort to be sparing with information. Why do we Black people think this way when White folks don't do that? I'll keep reading to try to gain a more accurate opinion. Anyone can become enlightened.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by KomonSense: 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Please ��� I want to learn this job you're doing...

I'm willing to learn for six months or one year ...
Please ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Advancedman(m): 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

You told her so shut up.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by koyyess: 6:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Better stop revealing your strategy and improve your skills for added advantage.

She is your competition for Christ's sake!!!
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by EbenezerTriumph: 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

She's just like a family and a close confidant. I'll learn to keep things to myself.
Thank you.

Thanks for this. I've learnt a thing from your contribution. I'll adjust. Thank you.

Educational Consultancy.

Ok. I've heard. I've learnt my lessons.
Educational consultancy? can you put me in as well?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by AMI3(m): 6:19pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

My dear I have read your story and I want to tell u that u have a good heart.

Do u know one thing that matters most in life?
Having that little secret.

Do u know why Coca-Cola still maintain their standard.

Do u know why indomie nodules fail? Because someone expose their secret?

For your company to excel have that little secret.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc Fresh Job Recruitment - 6th October, 2015 / How To Write CV If You Have No Work Experience - EDUREGARD / Apply For Exxonmobil Recruitment For Information System Analyst (graduate & Exp)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.