Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,288 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? (24343 Views)

Scam Check: I Keep Getting Message From This Person To Make Money Online / Should Chioma Truly Open Up To This Person Or Allow The New Staff Finds Out Thin / I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Alloyhardu(m): 4:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
How many times has she come to you disclosing her plans and why is it each time you tell her something next thing she is doing it way better please can I learn what you guys are doing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Pharaohny: 4:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
You can also keep your money in her bank account ndi jakujaku grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin cos it's woman involved grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by folks4luv(f): 4:38pm On Jan 17, 2023
So she left out of annoyance cause what you were giving her was small, while on training. I don't know if you will learn o, but I'd say give her a distance. If you still want to be buddies, watch your back. The part you are missing is that she hs low integrity, I won't call her a bad person, but making money is more valuable than whatever friendship you both share. Limit what you tell her about your business. Incase you want to help her about anything, do it without making your business or clients as an example. Stop telling her about your prospective clients, state or proposals and so on. I think she is more business savvy or brutal than you
EriMma1:

Hmmm... I'm trying not to see her as a backstabber but she keeps doing things that make me suspicious of her.

Now the clients are telling her the letter of increment came in late. These are the things I would have taught her about the job if she had stayed a few months with me but she said I was making too much and giving her little. This is someone who didn't pay for the training she was getting o still she was busy calculating how much was coming in and how much was getting to her. That was why she left out of annoyance and had been trying to compete with me in every way. Im shocked.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Expanse2020(m): 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
To me your mouth is too loose..
She will keep backstabbing you if you don't know how to keep and handle your business strategy...pardon me for harsh word but it's just the truth..

EriMma1:
There's this person I brought into my line of job. When I brought her in, I wanted her to learn the job very well for like 6 months or a year before she can launch out to get her own clients and be on her own but she left three weeks after following me a few times. She felt she has gotten the hang of the job and started getting her own clients and has been on her own since last year. I overlooked all that. She then started calling me along the line to teach or show her somethings on the job to which I refused because she left of her own accord knowing full well she has not learnt all there is to learn.

Now, there was a place I submitted my proposal letter and after they called me. We had a chat and after a good bargain, they told me to resume the following week. Two days to resumption, they called and told me to hold on. So I felt they got a better bargain. It pained me and I told this person all that happened and what I charged them. After that, I got two other clients who paid the same amount I charged the one that flopped. So I used those ones to console myself and moved on but was still hoping that they would get back to me someday.

Fast-forward to last week. This close pal of mine I trained on the job told me she got a call. In fact she went to that same place I told her I lost an opportunity and submitted a proposal. They now called her and she offered them lower charges and she was given the job.

At first I felt stabbed because she knew about my ordeal with the same company. I just chose not to discuss it further.

Ok, last year, I confided in her that I want to review my charges with my old clients. Like those I've been with for 4 , 5 years. Today, she called saying she reviewed her charges too with her clients. O boy! Because I reviewed, you too review? I mean something she started last year, she's already reviewing just because I told her I did and my clients have responded to it. These are clients I've had for years and you've only had yours for a few months, cos she started mid last year and she's already increasing fees. Is that how things are done? Anyways I didn't try to warn her of the implication of such act.

Now, I feel this person is just trying to compete with me and I'm thinking it's high time I start concealing somethings from her.

What do you think? Is it safe to continue divulging my plans to this person or am I overreacting?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Emeka71(m): 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
peepydelano:
You are not smart and you don’t learn from your mistakes, I guess you are this vulnerable because it’s a woman involved. Keep divulging your plans to her, you can as well save up your capital in her bank account.
Rightly stated.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by tollyboy5(m): 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2023
This one na mumu. You dey confine in woman!!! shocked

0de!

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Charly68: 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2023
be the boss by concealing your business secrets from others..it is what you know that others dont know that makes you the boss. Act smartly ,forget friendship in business matter

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Wapgod(m): 4:41pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:
There's this person I brought into my line of job. When I brought her in, I wanted her to learn the job very well for like 6 months or a year before she can launch out to get her own clients and be on her own but she left three weeks after following me a few times. She felt she has gotten the hang of the job and started getting her own clients and has been on her own since last year. I overlooked all that. She then started calling me along the line to teach or show her somethings on the job to which I refused because she left of her own accord knowing full well she has not learnt all there is to learn.

Now, there was a place I submitted my proposal letter and after they called me. We had a chat and after a good bargain, they told me to resume the following week. Two days to resumption, they called and told me to hold on. So I felt they got a better bargain. It pained me and I told this person all that happened and what I charged them. After that, I got two other clients who paid the same amount I charged the one that flopped. So I used those ones to console myself and moved on but was still hoping that they would get back to me someday.

Fast-forward to last week. This close pal of mine I trained on the job told me she got a call. In fact she went to that same place I told her I lost an opportunity and submitted a proposal. They now called her and she offered them lower charges and she was given the job.

At first I felt stabbed because she knew about my ordeal with the same company. I just chose not to discuss it further.

Ok, last year, I confided in her that I want to review my charges with my old clients. Like those I've been with for 4 , 5 years. Today, she called saying she reviewed her charges too with her clients. O boy! Because I reviewed, you too review? I mean something she started last year, she's already reviewing just because I told her I did and my clients have responded to it. These are clients I've had for years and you've only had yours for a few months, cos she started mid last year and she's already increasing fees. Is that how things are done? Anyways I didn't try to warn her of the implication of such act.

Now, I feel this person is just trying to compete with me and I'm thinking it's high time I start concealing somethings from her.

What do you think? Is it safe to continue divulging my plans to this person or am I overreacting?
I'm interested in this job.
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by clockwisereport: 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Hmmm... I'm trying not to see her as a backstabber but she keeps doing things that make me suspicious of her.

Now the clients are telling her the letter of increment came in late. These are the things I would have taught her about the job if she had stayed a few months with me but she said I was making too much and giving her little. This is someone who didn't pay for the training she was getting o still she was busy calculating how much was coming in and how much was getting to her. That was why she left out of annoyance and had been trying to compete with me in every way. Im shocked.
First and foremost, how old are you?
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by IamOrei(m): 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2023
Don't blame her, that's d game; we learn everyday, u just learned urs the hard way.
the earlier u realise she is a competitor, the better for u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by FavouredNK: 4:42pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Pls what kind of thread is this, what do you want us to tell you here? To buy brain and learn how to take decisions without opening ur mouth anyhow? Someone that didn't have the patience to finish learning from you is still the same person you open ur mouth anyhow to seek advice from on every offer you get. She is definitely helping you to use ur brain as you don't want. I wonder how they allow all these kind of thread to come here making us waste our data. Mtcheeew

3 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
. Op u are overeacting becos u have bottled up resentment for so long and need to vent. i wil advice u confront her. warn her then mind your business but dont cut relationship completely. one day u might stil need it. goodluck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
peepydelano:
You are not smart and you don’t learn from your mistakes, I guess you are this vulnerable because it’s a woman involved. Keep divulging your plans to her, you can as well save up your capital in her bank account.

In line of business, secrets are the best profits

I learnt this very late but what keeps me going is the fact that I know what's Behind and classy but pocket friendly for my customers in this line of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks business.. most times you need to conceal some secrets

You can't tell me you inflated prices, I shouldn't reduce to seduce them and get it

The lady is not bad,she's only playing along and using you to get what she wants

So she's not a parasite,I don't know if I'm to use symbiosis cus she's not hurting you, but benefiting from you and ur inability to reduce pride and conceal truth...

4 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by merits(m): 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

You be woman wrapper I swear,her VJ is confusing your life and destiny.continue tell her about your move mumu man.

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Olumaeme: 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
Learn to keep quiet.

The reason Dangote is richer than Otedola is keeping his mouth shut about his business strategies.

50 people can be selling pure water in the same area but people will be lining up in front of one person and the other one will be using jeep to sell and wont still sell, Its business strategy that is what you are confessing like a witch to your friend.

Next time they ask you for suggestion, send them invoice.

Dont Mention.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Chivadoski(m): 4:44pm On Jan 17, 2023
You are just a mugu, big one
You are considering your business because it's a women that is involved, You are a simp and more.

Share her all ur contacts too,

Someone doing all these and you are even still a friends and even tell her secrets, Tufia (I suppose spit on ur face)

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Haakeem(m): 4:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
Mum.u

but if it were your fellow guy man acting smart like this you'll know how to tackle him.

to whip you oraimo cable for neck they hungry me walai

3 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by putmanj146: 4:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
Learn to keep quiet, you talk too much. Must you tell her all your next move in that field? You can grow like that and she will continue to stab you if you don’t keep your mouth up

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by putmanj146: 4:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
Learn to keep quiet, you talk too much. Must you tell her all your next move in that field? You can’t grow like that and she will continue to stab you if you don’t keep your mouth up

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Kreddy: 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

You won't understand.

When you knew that he wouldn't understand why creating this topic?? they're telling you the truth but...
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2023
Dbegining:
My own question is one, not two.

All these things you did for this girl and according to you is not your babe, can you do the same for your fellow guyman?.

Guys can be very funny
EriMma1
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Jackanda1(m): 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Is her place of business close to yours?

Why is she still around you? Since her aim of been around you is to compete and win against you, she is not your friend.

Cut her off!

3 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Hndrrxxx(m): 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2023
SirJerrie:
A WISE MAN ONCE SAID: "LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS"

"Those who talk too much expose themselves to danger." -Proverbs 14:23

THAT'S THE ONLY ADVICE YOU NEED

shut it off
Loose lips sink ships meant cut him off if he talking to the law
Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Boatswain: 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
If na fellow guy like you nairalanders no go hear this story because u for Don treat the guy f**kup... Now because say na double carburetor u come dey use carrot and stick method.... Continue, u dey fall my handicap

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by olaeffect(m): 4:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Read this your comment by yourself again like 16 times, and you will find answers to all your questions by yourself. grin

Someone once said; my character is who I am, but my attitude is determined by who I come across
You being a nice person (character) does not mean you should be nice or continue to be nice towards a bad person (attitude).
This lady is a selfish and greedy motherf*cker. The earlier you ghost her the better for you, because she won't rest till she destroy you.
You may not be in competition with her, but she is surly a desperate fellow and you may just soon be one of the casualties on her desperate journey of making it in life. Mind you, this has nothing to do with you in particular, it is just her person.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by iammolise(m): 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Your own is not so bad now... A friend of mine runs a POS shop, his own boy(shop attendant) he employed under him left when he needed him the most in the job and to add salt to injury went ahead to open his own POS shop close to him, tell all his (my friend's) costumers that they should come to his side to do transactions that my friend is not a good person, he managed to pull some to his side till some got to know the real story and came back and he duped some of their money and they as well came back patronizing my friend's shop coz he's had some shaddy records while working for my friend... If this is not pure back stab then what is

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Yankiss(m): 4:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

You don't do serious business this way, else sorry is your name. What costs nothing worths nothing. You trained her for free. She could steal all your business ideas this play play way. Next time peg a price tag to anything she wishes you teach her. And stop disclosing your business ideas and strategies. She's a conscienceless competitor. Be careful.

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by goshen26: 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
The very day she stopped learning and entered same business you become competitors.

You should no longer see her as your trainee, instead as a competitor in the same line of business. If she called for anything on the job make it official like getting a cut from the deal and have a written doc to that effect

No paddy for jungle

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by olamoses75(m): 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

you guys are not business partner as you make it seem. Divulging your business plans to a competitor is suicidal. Yes! She’s your competitor.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by goshen26: 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
olamoses75:
you guys are not business partner as you make it seem. Divulging your business plans to a competitor is suicidal. Yes! She’s your competitor.

Exactly my point just above yours

3 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by Vello(m): 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
EriMma1:

Las las, she'd ruin you then proceed to their coven called church to share testimony of God's GRACE!
REMEMBER, SOMEONE'S GRACE STORY IS ANOTHER FOOL'S DISGRACE LAMENTATION

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting Or Is This Person Wrong In What She Did?? by OllyDiamond: 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
Could you please give me your WhatsApp number? Please I want to reach out to you if you wouldn't mind. Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc Fresh Job Recruitment - 6th October, 2015 / How To Write CV If You Have No Work Experience - EDUREGARD / Apply For Exxonmobil Recruitment For Information System Analyst (graduate & Exp)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.