Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,919 members, 7,838,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? (18038 Views)

How Do You Cope, Divorced And Separated Men / Lady Reunites With Her Twin Brother After They Were Separated At A Young Age / 81-year-old Man Remarries 70-year-old Wife, 32 Years After They Separated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by donnie2016: 8:12pm On Jan 18, 2023
Naira20:
If it's up to you alone, Avoid it.
Except there's a clear Divine instruction or she hates living that life.

Most times, it affects them negatively and they'd take it out on you.

Be wise
Fact.Currently married to one and it's been a huge drawback on our union.Will never recommend it!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Gadafii: 8:18pm On Jan 18, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Yes.

With pansophist, AfroKnight, Lilvicky68 and 99 others.

So I wouldn't feel too special if I were you. grin
you are definitely disturbed, you alone gave me four mentions, after I have ignored you for long, I know you are refreshing my thread to see what’s up over there, but sweetheart I have passed the message already, all you can do is wail and cry for my attention, this is my last reply to you for this month, I will be ignoring you again till next month insha Allah
Peace be upon you
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by hairyman(m): 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2023
obinna58:
If she grew with a single father - considerable, infact it’s ok
If she grew with a single mother - run for your life

This is the best suggestion so far with regards to available statistics.
Children raised by single fathers turn out as good as children raised in 2 parent homes.
However children raised by single mothers are significantly worse off. The statistics on them is somewhat alarming.
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by pansophist(m): 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2023
Yes. I can even marry a single mother (under certain circumstances), all depends if she triumphed and not suppressed by her background/circumstances.

I applaud people that despite their circumstances, they emerge victoriously from it, and not use it as a justification to be nuisance.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Magnoliaa(f): 8:43pm On Jan 18, 2023
Gadafii:
you are definitely disturbed, you alone gave me four mentions, after I have ignored you for long, I know you are refreshing my thread to see what’s up over there, but sweetheart I have passed the message already, all you can do is wail and cry for my attention, this is my last reply to you for this month, I will be ignoring you again till next month insha Allah
Peace be upon you

Ouchhhh!

What a burnt take. grin

Sorry. Next time I will not put you in the same sentence with the rest of my ********* guys, LMAO.

3 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by achimendy(m): 9:23pm On Jan 18, 2023
Naira20:
If it's up to you alone, Avoid it.
Except there's a clear Divine instruction or she hates living that life.

Most times, it affects them negatively and they'd take it out on you.

Be wise

You're right.
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by obinna58(m): 9:44pm On Jan 18, 2023
hairyman:

This is the best suggestion so far with regards to available statistics.
Children raised by single fathers turn out as good as children raised in 2 parent homes.
However children raised by single mothers are significantly worse off. The statistics on them is somewhat alarming.
Fatherly figure is very important in children’s life, a girl will be protected, she’ll be submissive, learn how to respect men and understand masculinity.
let me not talk about the mother side sha cos being a hoe, very insultive is most likely
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Jan 18, 2023
oloriooko:
So for your holier than thou mind she's bad marriage material abi
Even orphans de marry You're such a bitter racist walahi
No mind these monkies who pretend their current delusion colors reality for all. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by faceLAGOS: 2:41am On Jan 19, 2023
Coming from a broken home, I will never have anything to do with a woman from a separated parents.

Unless she detest that lifestyle & is willing & ready to avoid it.

Only a foolish man will go after a lady raised by single mother.

Looking at the mother is enough for me to know what the daughter will turn out to be when married.
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by maryjones9009: 6:23am On Jan 19, 2023
Thanks for sharing.. https://www.krowd-darden.com/
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by pleasureosondu(m): 7:19am On Jan 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid you are confused in this. What sets humans apart from animal life is the fact that we are able to change our minds, in order to adapt or improve ourselves. That ability to learn is part of what makes us humans. And since what I stated applies as far as all humans, it isn't a generalization but a fact of our existence. undecided

2. [/b]Abuse is a crime, and no matter what a person does, there is never a good enough reason to abuse said person. If at this stage in your life, you have yet to realize this, then, my friend, you need to worry more about yourself than the backgrounds of others. undecided

3. The fact that you have clearly been unable to adequately refute any of what I have posted so far means you know what I have said so far isn't nonsense. Only you rail against it since it counters that which you would rather hold on to, foolishly mind you. undecided
Normal talk of a simp. The point is ,if you don't want to be abused, then don't abuse another, be it physical or verbal. If you can't digest, then don't even eat. Do you think at all?

Or you think it's just women that are abused in marriage? or because men don't talk about it, you think they ain't affected?You get sense so?

You've completely derailed the message of the thread. You say people can learn qualities in a marriage ( a generalized statement) while I said, ladies( men too) must have some basic qualities before they take that vow. That's the essence of the thread, so stay on it. Are you daft not to note the difference? It's only when you have basic qualities before you can talk about learning something new. You clearly know nothing in marriage,boy except making baseless generalizations. Needed Qualities for a successful marriage is a universal rule, it's situations that differ. So, your generalizations of situations are void.

If a partner is impatient before marriage, what makes you think he/she will become patient with their spouse during marriage. If it was that easy, divorce rates will be low. You clearly aren't married,so enjoyed your wishful fantasy about your expectations and generalizations until you're married. For now, I don't engage with bachelors cos this thread is beyond your mental comprehension.
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by pleasureosondu(m): 7:26am On Jan 19, 2023
faceLAGOS:
Coming from a broken home, I will never have anything to do with a woman from a separated parents.

Unless she detest that lifestyle & is willing & ready to avoid it.

Only a foolish man will go after a lady raised by single mother.

Looking at the mother is enough for me to know what the daughter will turn out to be when married.
and this nitwit, kobojunkie just dey talk nonsense. Hand go meet am. People with real life experiences dey warn about the dangers but the simp dey get wishful orgasms.

He go soon tell you say na your personal experience, so e no count. Him forget same exceptions to rule na 1:10million. And how sure say nahin go b the 1.?
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Kobojunkie: 7:37am On Jan 19, 2023
pleasureosondu:
and this nitwit, kobojunkie just dey talk nonsense. Hand go meet am. People with real life experiences dey warn about the dangers but the simp dey get wishful orgasms.
The reason for your so-called real life experiences has majorly to do with your greed for power and control --- something most of you will never achieve any other way in life --- in marriage. You look for and marry women who are lower then you in stature--- by way of hypogamy --- in order that you can subdue and rule over them in marriage forgetting that when dealing with another human being, you have to constantly prove yourselves worthy of such power and control over another. You lazy bunch think being a god is simply in wearing the title. Your are ignorant to the fact that gods have to continuously prove themselves worthy of the title --- most of you are incapable of the sort of imagination necessary for that. As such when the woman rebels against you, you blame her background, her face structure, her waist size, and anything else you can think of to avoid taking responsibility for your own foolishness. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by pleasureosondu(m): 7:47am On Jan 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
The reason for your so-called real life experiences has majorly to do with your greed for power and control--- something most of you will never achieve any other way in life --- in marriage. You look for and marry women who are lower then you in stature--- by way of hypogamy --- in order that you can subdue and rule over them in marriage forgetting that when dealing with another human being, you have to constantly prove yourselves worthy of such power and control over another. You lazy bunch think being a god is simply in wearing the title. Your are ignorant to the fact that gods have to continuously prove themselves worthy of the title --- most of you are incapable of the sort of imagination necessary for that. As such when the woman rebels against you, you blame her background, her face structure, her waist size, and anything else you can think of to avoid taking responsibility for your own foolishness. undecided
Again, you're derailing boy. Was it for power and control that made the women cheat on her husband on the other thread? grin grin this boy sef.

On second thought, you're beginning to text like a lady. Real men don't care about a woman's body, na womanizer work b dat and you should know the difference. Get a real man(not boy), get better attitude, respect us even when we're down. Move with the right people, we go see you and gladly wife you. Fvck physical appearance.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Kobojunkie: 7:57am On Jan 19, 2023
pleasureosondu:
On second thought, you're beginning to text like a lady. Real men don't care about a woman's body, na womanizer work b dat and you should know the difference. Get a real man(not boy), get better attitude, respect us even when we're down. Move with the right people, we go see you and gladly wife you. Fvck physical appearance.
And there you show that what I said applies even to you. You demand to be respected but do you respect your spouse in turn? Do you do that which earns you the respect you demand or do you like so many poverty minded Nigerian men think it is your right in your majorly hypogamous unions? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by pleasureosondu(m): 8:02am On Jan 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
And there you show that what I said applies even to you. undecided
grin grin Ladies need more work on developing themselves than guys, especially on the entitled mentality. Women are home builders, men are the financiers. The rules ain't entirely the same, only a handful of reasonable women understand this.

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Kobojunkie: 8:06am On Jan 19, 2023
pleasureosondu:
grin grin Ladies need more work on developing themselves than guys, especially on the entitled mentality. Women are home builders, men are the financiers. The rules ain't entirely the same, only a handful of reasonable women understand this.
Excuses upon excuses ... the Nigerian man's only reason to hang on as though his very life depends on it to a foolish way of life. Yet the same whines and complains about how he is made miserable by it only he never takes responsibility for the part he played in choosing it as his lot in life. lipsrsealed

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by pleasureosondu(m): 8:18am On Jan 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
And there you show that what I said applies even to you. You demand to be respected but do you respect your spouse in turn? Do you do that which earns you the respect you demand or do you like so many poverty minded Nigerian men think it is your right in your majorly hypogamous unions? undecided
To this part, both spouse commands respect when they fulfill their roles. But wiser couples are those that still respect themselves even if one of the partners isn't meeting up to standards. For example, there are cases where a fertile man stayed with wife for decades before she put to birth. Some ladies had the support of their husband to adopt children because she's barren. Some of this stories appear on Nairaland.

Now, can women endure such from their husband if he's impotent? They run to their advisors on Facebook and the story is made public. Do you see men do such? Rarely. If you talk about respect in a marriage, men accommodate bvllshit so that their marriage can work but if you disrespect or undermine his efforts, you're doomed.

As far as a man does his best to fulfill his role, respect him and vice versa but does it make sense to end a marriage because a partner isn't meeting up? Say because a woman is barren or a man is impotent?

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Kobojunkie: 8:29am On Jan 19, 2023
pleasureosondu:
■To this part, both spouse commands respect when they fulfill their roles. But wiser couples are those that still respect themselves even if one of the partners isn't meeting up to standards. For example, there are cases where a fertile man stayed with wife for decades before she put to birth. Some ladies had the support of their husband to adopt children because she's barren. Some of this stories appear on Nairaland.
■ Now, can women endure such from their husband if he's impotent? They run to their advisors on Facebook and the story is made public. Do you see men do such? Rarely. If you talk about respect in a marriage, men accommodate bvllshit so that their marriage can work but if you disrespect or undermine his efforts, you're doomed.
As far as a man does his best to fulfill his role, respect him and vice versa but does it make sense to end a marriage because a partner isn't meeting up? Say because a woman is barren or a man is impotent?
1. ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

In this New Year, abeg, borrow brain before it is too late! undecided

2. I beg you, borrow brain if you need to . grin

3. Please pick up a book on how to reason critically and begin to put info practice what is written in oder that you are better able to reason issues better than you seem capable of abeg! undecided

3 Likes

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by faceLAGOS: 9:14am On Jan 19, 2023
Klass99:

As in ehn!!! It's unbelievable the kind of junk one reads on this forum. That MalignantGuest thread will go down in NL history as one of the most memorable threads ever. grin

Can you please share the link to the thread?

I’m kind of interested.

Thanks.
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by pleasureosondu(m): 9:57am On Jan 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

In this New Year, abeg, borrow brain before it is too late! undecided

2. I beg you, borrow brain if you need to . grin

3. Please pick up a book on how to reason critically and begin to put info practice what is written in oder that you are better able to reason issues better than you seem capable of abeg! undecided
the fact that you keep responding with no single basic point validates the point of this thread that an individual like you can never hold a marriage. Marriage isn't for you, so say crap. Well, since you lack basic mannerism, I can push mine aside to dwell on you today grin grin
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Jan 19, 2023
pleasureosondu:
■the fact that you keep responding with no single basic point validates the point of this thread that an individual like you can never hold a marriage.
■Marriage isn't for you, so say crap. Well, since you lack basic mannerism, I can push mine aside to dwell on you today grin grin
1. I have already more than explained my stance to you before now. Seems what you have resorted to doing is spewing brain goo at me hoping that something might stick. undecided

2. The fact that you believe marriage is some sort of exam for women while you are meant to sit as a god over them speaks volumes of your mental. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by pleasureosondu(m): 5:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I have already more than explained my stance to you before now. Seems what you have resorted to doing is spewing brain goo at me hoping that something might stick. undecided

2. The fact that you believe marriage is some sort of exam for women while you are meant to sit as a god over them speaks volumes of your mental. undecided
Oya, show proof before you change narrative again. But even if you do, I won't be surprised cos you're living up the meaning of your moniker, junkie. I'm certain you don't even know the actual meaning of that word b4 took it grin grin grin. And a junkie wan come tell us about life. grin grin
Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Konquest: 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2023
Klass99:

I can't stop laughing from these comments. Nice one ladies.

JJ please tag me when you get a response to your post/question. I am interested in knowing how to detoxify a toxic person and marriage too.
Hey... How's it going Klass99? wink

I can see you're enjoying the stimulating convo here. Lol.
You seem to enjoy these kinds of topics here. I've been reading the thread with rapt silence.

I wish you a great time now and down the road, and I hope there will be no more deletions of your posts from here on out.

Happy New Year! *muah*

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Konquest: 10:52pm On Jan 19, 2023
pleasureosondu:
With the increase in the number of divorce in Nigeria, it's clear that kids from separated homes will increase. For those born in the early 1990's, many witnessed their parents live together even when they were clearly incompatible. You learn by observing how they "managed" themselves but today, people divorce with flimsy excuses rather than to look for practical solutions to the problem.

If parents continue with this divorce trend, they are indirectly setting a new standard- that divorce is the easy way out of a marriage.

So, how will their kids (when they become adults) know how to manage their families since they didn't learn the qualities that holds marriage due to the fact that their parents were separated? As a guy, will you be comfortable marrying a girl with such family background?
With proper professional
counselling, getting married to a male or female from a family where both parents are divorced will not be a problem. But if the children are too toxic, don't try to fix them in the hope that they will change after marriage. NO, they won't. Period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Klass99(f): 4:00pm On Jan 20, 2023
cheesy

1 Like

Re: As A Guy, Can You Marry A Girl From A Separated Home? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 21, 2023
Personally I wouldn't advice a single Mom to raise especially a girl child. The girl child needs both parents.

This is culled from my personal experience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Deal With Loneliness In Marriage / How Lagos Couple Died In Fire, By Neighbours (photos) / Will You Accept Your Dad’s Secret Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.