Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi (683 Views)

‘He Is Never Found To Be Corrupt’ — Sanwo-Olu Hails Buhari At 80 / Wike: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If PDP Zones Ticket To The North / Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by FullBlastLight: 1:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
‘I will withdraw from presidential race if my running mate is found to be corrupt,’ Obi declares at Chatham

The Labour Party, Peter Obi, said on Monday he would withdraw from the 2023 presidential race if his running mate, Datti Baba-Ahmed, is found to be corrupt.

Obi , who stated this while answering questions at the Chatham House in London, argued that Baba-Ahmed never compromised his position when he was a member of the National Assembly.

He said: “We will fight corruption, Datti has the record of being the only National Assembly member who refused to buy property of the government when it was offered to all members.

You can go and look at his record, if you find anywhere he puts himself in a transactional position that he has compromised his position, I will stop running.

“I have governed a state for eight years, go and check the record, I have challenged everybody, I am the only governor, till today whom the day I left office I was not owing salaries or pension or gratuity or any contractor or any supplier and I left money in three banks in Nigeria which I say every day, Access Bank of Nigeria, Fidelity bank of Nigeria and Diamond bank of Nigeria!

“Nations of our size have done it. How did India with 1.4 billion people cover the issue of health, how did Indonesia cover that?

If other nations have done it well, we have to learn from them, there is nothing wrong in learning from them if you do not know how to do it.

“Let me assure you what we have been campaigning on, in our campaign we have heard them say, we do not have structure.

That is the structure we are trying to destroy, the structure of criminality, that Nigeria has been held captive. The structure that has impoverished Nigeria, it will not be there, we will dismantle it!

“We are going to turn around the power sector. Nigeria generates about 60,000 megawatts of electricity for 200 million people.

South Africa is the second biggest in terms of economy, 60,000 million people generate about 50,000MW, and South Africa in the last two to three years has declared a state of emergency in power, and said anybody can generate about 100MW without a license.”

https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/i-will-withdraw-from-presidential-race-if-my-running-mate-is-found-to-be-corrupt-obi-declares-at-chatham/?amp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by Malory: 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2023
Can both Tinubu the narcotic dealer and Atiku the run away Cameroonian thief be confident to say something like this?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by Ofunaofu: 1:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
Can Tinubu make this kind of challenge

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by Ikpaitid: 1:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
Abeg no withdraw...ooo,continue splitting Atiku's votes grin

2 Likes

Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by Dreal1247: 2:00pm On Jan 17, 2023
When Nigeria is ready to get better, they will be the one begging Mr Peter Obi to become the President. The same man said that if it is discovered that a certain percentage of the state funds under his Government was mismanaged, he is going to forfeit his presidential ambition. What again do we need as a country if not an accountable prudent manager like this?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by Mrfixitt(m): 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
Only a clean man can say this. Tinubu or Atiku can't try such. Peter Obi is coming to clean the rot in our system.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by ipobarecriminals: 2:54pm On Jan 17, 2023
cheesy grin grin.Abeg Mr Gringori, don't resign plz. U must contest and collect ur 3RD place certificate grin
Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by Qardinalcaptain: 3:01pm On Jan 17, 2023
Mumu talk
Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by 360degreess(m): 3:01pm On Jan 17, 2023
..Obi the chairman of Nigerian Liars Association has started again grin grin grin
Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by AcuraZDX: 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2023
Qardinalcaptain:
Mumu talk

Because it has nothing to do with corruption.

You're free to jump into River Benue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by yarimo(m): 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2023
Mumu man forgetting election ringing is also corruption. DATTI rig himself to Senate in 2011 court throw him out for rigging himself in to that chamber
Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by AcuraZDX: 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2023
360degreess:
..Obi the chairman of Nigerian Liars Association has started again grin grin grin

He has challenged you guys. Why throwing tantrum like a child instead of taking up the challenge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by Racoon(m): 3:12pm On Jan 17, 2023
It only takes a person with clean and clear conscience that fears no accusation to make this kind of bold solemn statement or declaration.

Can Bola Tinubu come clean about his Chicago heroine-drug $4600, 000 forfeiture, bullion vans, Chicago State University certificate forgery, geneology, identity theft of young Donald Duke childhood picture, hiring of fake agbadorian bishops etc?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 17, 2023
Good, one nonsense emilokan is a smooth criminal and a drug lord, his vice is a terrorist.
Mikano is a confirmed looter.
Pdapc can never rule Nigeria again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by Qardinalcaptain: 3:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
AcuraZDX:

Because it has nothing to do with corruption.

You're free to jump into River Benue
wow...just two words got this IPOB miscreant irated but how i wish to drown with ur father
Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by CLRF: 3:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
Empty threat...
Person dey senate for 2 years, how you wan make him chop beleful
Re: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If Datti Is Found To Be Corrupt - Obi by AcuraZDX: 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2023
Qardinalcaptain:
wow...just two words got this IPOB miscreant irated but how i wish to drown with ur father

OPC terrorist go and hang yourself

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu For President 2023 Group Holds Roadshow/campaign Rally In Alimosho / BANKINGBREAKING: #CBN Breaks Silence On Shutting Down Financial Transactions / Tinubu Embrassed In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.