Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,651 members, 7,861,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:24 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 31. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 31. (106 Views)

Why Faith Is Delusional / SERIES: What Faith Is / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 31. by PastorSomba(m): 10:50pm On Jan 17, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 31.

John 1:1-4 (KJV) "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men."

31. Jesus The Word of God Was Not Revealed In The Old Testament: The bible says John 1:14, 16 (KJV) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth......And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
Faith was not revealed in the old testament because Jesus the word of God was not yet revealed or manifest. The word had always been with God from the beginning but was never manifested in any form. But in Christ Jesus the word was not only manifested and revealed to men, but the world took on humanity, manifested and revealed Himself as a man. The law were mere written words or spoken words but Jesus is the word revealed in the flesh and likeness of men. Infact while the law was the written intentions or will of God but Jesus is the word of God in action, the living word. He is God or the word living under the law and fulfilling the law Himself personally for all men to see and behold. He is the revelation of the life and the will of God.

If you need to see God, see Jesus. If you need to see the word of God, see Jesus. If you need to see the will of God, see Jesus. If you need to see the love, mercy, compassion, grace and the faith of God, see Jesus. If you need to see the divine nature, see Jesus. Not only was Jesus the revelation of the word and God, He was the fullness of the word. While the law and the old testament was types and shadows but Jesus was the reality and the full reality. Look no further for God, nor His word, nor His will, nor His commandments. Colossians 2:3, 9-10 (KJV) "In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.....9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:"

The law was not the revelation of the word of God but the revelation of transgressions, sin and death, a revelation of the wrath, anger and judgement of God. As a result the revelation of the true nature of God was not revealed to them. The law could not reveal the love, mercy, grace and faith of God but only in types and shadows. The law came by Moses who was a servant but love, mercy grace and the faith of God was revealed by Jesus, the son of God. The law was revealed through angels and mediated by angels. The word of God was only revealed in types and shadows in the old testament. The new testament is the unveiling of God, of His fullness, His word, His life, His love, His Spirit, and His character. All these were revealed in Christ and through Christ and has been given to us freely by grace to receive them by faith. This revelation of the fullness of God and His word is the reason why most of our blessings in the new covenant are qualified with the word ALL. Only all are given to us unlike the law. Faith is based on the knowledge and revelation of the word of God. Faith cannot be revealed in types and shadows or letters of the word as was the case in the old testament but only on the revealed word. Hence faith begins only where the knowledge and the will of God is known.

The birth of Jesus and the blood of Jesus was the beginning of the revelation of the will of God for man. Faith only comes by hearing the word or by the revelation of the word. Your faith is only as big as your revelation of the word of God. Faith comes by hearing and hearing. The more you hear, the more the revelation you will have to give you faith. You cannot have faith of something you cannot see in your imagination or hope. Faith could not come in the old testament because the fullness of the word of God, promises and blessings had not manifested Himself or revealed Himself. Until Jesus the word became flesh and began to preach and teach there was no hearing of faith. The word was revealed in the old testament in types and shadows and through angels. The word spoken by angels could not generate faith only the word spoken by the word of God Himself can generate the hearing of faith. Jesus is the living word. Grace be with you. John 3:16; 6:63; 14:6-9; Ephesians 1:3,17-23; 2:4-9; 3:14-20; Colossians 1:15-20; Philippians 2:5-11; Galatians 3:19,23-26; 4:1-7; Romans 4:15; 5:13; 8:28; 10:17; 1Timothy 1:9-10; Titus 2:11; 2Peter 1:2-4; 1Corinthians 3:21; 2Corinthians 3:6-17;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 23/01/2023 / Completing The New Testament In A Year(day26). / The Blessed Hope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.