Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) (1326 Views)

Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll / Guys, I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue Please. / If You Are Good With React Hooks And Context API (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2023
according to what qtguru is pointing out... I don't know the full build of your code... i just typed out and using console.log, but you could try this out for your original reducer.

const reducer = (state, action) => {
switch (action.type) {
case "INCREMENT":
let eachCart;
eachCart = state.products.map((product) => {
if (product.id === action.payload) {
return { ...product, amount: product.amount + 1 };
}
return product;
});
return { ...state, products: eachCart };
default:
return state;
}
};

well if nonwork... na just suggestions bye grin.

Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jan 18, 2023
Devdevdev:

I did, got a big, fat error.

it was just a suggestion grin

since you said your number type was changing to something else which might be the cause of your issues.

Number() converts a value to a number
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Devdevdev(f): 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2023
GREATIGBOMAN:
according to what qtguru is pointing out... I don't know the full build of your code... i just typed out and using console.log, but you could try this out for your original reducer.

switch (action.type) {
case "INCREMENT":
let eachCart;
return { ...product, amount: product.amount + 1 };
}
return product;
});
return { ...state, products: eachCart };
default:
return state;
}
};

well if nonwork... na just suggestions bye grin.

Didn't work.
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Devdevdev(f): 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2023
qtguru:
Your code is wrong. Fix those issues I pointed out, A reducer should always return a new state always

I tried implementing your instruction. Still didn't work.
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Devdevdev(f): 10:09pm On Jan 18, 2023
GREATIGBOMAN:

it was just a suggestion grin

since you said your number type was changing to something else which might be the cause of your issues.

Number() converts a value to a number

I even used parseInt, and + sign before the variable, still didn't work.
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 18, 2023
Devdevdev:

could u upload the the code somewhere so i can download it, will be easier
just zip the file and upload to googledrive and share the link.
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by qtguru(m): 10:14pm On Jan 18, 2023
Devdevdev:

Put a debugger and see if you reach the reducer, send the project to my mail, let me run it and fix. coding by looking at image is long thing.
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Devdevdev(f): 10:19pm On Jan 18, 2023
@GreatIgboMan, do you have an email address? I'll mail the code to you and qtguru now.
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by qtguru(m): 10:20pm On Jan 18, 2023
Devdevdev:
@GreatIgboMan, do you have an email address? I'll mail the code to you and qtguru now.
OKEOWOADEREMI AT GMAIL DOT COM
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 18, 2023
Devdevdev:
_ @ gmail. com
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 18, 2023
Devdevdev:
Guys I am creating this ecommerce store app using context api and useReducer for state management. I am trying to increase the quantity of each item using the "amount" variable, but for some reason it is not working. I have examined and re-examined the logic in the reducer function and it seems okay, but yet when i click on the button in my shop page, nothing happens. It doesn't event return an error. I'm really confused. Can someone look through the code and tell me where the bug is?? Thanks.

edit: I refractored the code using redux tool kit and I am still having the same issue. Omo!

Also here, is it not better to name it product.quantity instead product.amount since it's the quantity you are trying to increase?

i'm assuming your product object will have a quantity and an amount?

if your product has a quantity in its object, then there's nowhere in the code above you are actually increasing it, instead it is the amount(Price) of the product you are increasing.

Maybe I'm wrong... But I don't see any correlation between the quantity& amount and how the amount should increase the quantity.

Instead it's the change in quantity that should increase the total amount
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Devdevdev(f): 11:22pm On Jan 18, 2023
qtguru:

OKEOWOADEREMI AT GMAIL DOT COM

Sent
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Devdevdev(f): 11:22pm On Jan 18, 2023
GREATIGBOMAN:

_ @ gmail. com

Sent
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Nobody: 1:40am On Jan 19, 2023
Devdevdev:

Sent

i sha replied u.
check your spam/inbox
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by qtguru(m): 5:58am On Jan 19, 2023
Devdevdev:

Sent

This won't work, I don't have the package.json, you were supposed to send the whole project so I can install the modules and run on my end.
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by truthCoder: 6:12am On Jan 19, 2023
Devdevdev:
So no one can help me? I've seen reactjs, truthcoder and qtguru view this thread.

Share the code repository

GitHub was invented for this reason.
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by qtguru(m): 6:41am On Jan 19, 2023
truthCoder:

Share the code repository

GitHub was invented for this reason.

Exactly taking too much time to fix a bug like this, we could have ironed it out with github.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by DDayve: 9:33am On Jan 19, 2023
A lot of stuff is wrong with your code. I don't think you should be setting the amount and total variable from the reducer page, that should be done at the Shop.jsx page. A lot needs to change from your code for it to work.

With your amount variable set at the reducer page, every time you run the addOne function, your amount will refactor to 0, except you are getting your values from localStorage
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Devdevdev(f): 11:45am On Jan 19, 2023
DDayve:
A lot of stuff is wrong with your code. I don't think you should be setting the amount and total variable from the reducer page, that should be done at the Shop.jsx page. A lot needs to change from your code for it to work.

With your amount variable set at the reducer page, every time you run the addOne function, your amount will refactor to 0, except you are getting your values from localStorage

What else is wrong with the code asides from the amount variable being set at the reducer page?
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by DDayve: 11:59am On Jan 19, 2023
Devdevdev:

What else is wrong with the code asides from the amount variable being set at the reducer page?

Let's see your action screen where you created cartItems
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 19, 2023
Devdevdev:

Please, is this amount the same thing as the quantity?

Like is it the quantity of the product you clicked (Add to Cart) you are trying to increase?
if so then your code setup is not correct.
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by qtguru(m): 1:43pm On Jan 19, 2023
Did you push it to Github ? this can be solved faster if shared.
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Devdevdev(f): 1:44pm On Jan 19, 2023
GREATIGBOMAN:

Please, is this amount the same thing as the quantity?

Like is it the quantity of the product you clicked (Add to Cart) you are trying to increase?
if so then your code setup is not correct.

I just watched a tutorial on git and github and just uploaded the two projects on github. This is my first time using github.

https://github.com/devdevdev69
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Devdevdev(f): 1:45pm On Jan 19, 2023
@qtguru, i took your advice and pushed the two projects to github. You will find them on my github profile

Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by qtguru(m): 1:45pm On Jan 19, 2023
Devdevdev:
@qtguru, i took your adviced and pushed the two projects to github. You will find them on my github profile

Awesome, let me clone
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 19, 2023
Devdevdev:

I just watched a tutorial on git and github and just uploaded the two projects on github. This is my first time using github.

I emailed u what I believe is what u were trying to achieve... Attached a video.
U can check it out if it's what u wanted
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 19, 2023
Devdevdev:

Well. in your Global context (In context API version)
just replace you reducer function with this:

switch (action.type) {
case "INCREMENT":
let eachCart;
return { ...product, amount: (product.amount || 0) + 1 };
}
return product;
});

return { ...state, products: eachCart, amount: 0 };

default:
return state;
}
};

in Shop.jsx

in Shop.jsx

add this inside the <button> tag.

Add to cart ({product.amount || 0})
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by truthCoder2: 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2023
is this what you are trying to achieve?

Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Devdevdev(f): 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2023
GREATIGBOMAN:

Well. in your Global context (In context API version)
just replace you reducer function with this:

switch (action.type) {
case "INCREMENT":
let eachCart;
return { ...product, amount: (product.amount || 0) + 1 };
}
return product;
});

return { ...state, products: eachCart, amount: 0 };

default:
return state;
}
};

in Shop.jsx

in Shop.jsx

add this inside the <button> tag.

Add to cart ({product.amount || 0})

This worked. Thanks a lot. It wasn't clicking because the amount was set to zero so adding the product.amount || 0 and telling the compiler to add 1 when the state is 0 or when there is an amount, did the trick.

I also included the modification to the redux code and it worked.
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by qtguru(m): 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2023
@devdevdev

I noticed I made some mistake in my comments, I used combinedReducer, you used createSlice, createSlice handle the type and action on it's on, so the name + reducer function is triggered, look the screenshot your code works.

The payload is logged to the console, so the next part is to experiment with the Cart component and see if it reflects there

Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by qtguru(m): 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2023
WIP
Re: Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) by Devdevdev(f): 2:39pm On Jan 19, 2023
truthCoder2:
is this what you are trying to achieve?

Yea

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why I Prefer To Develop For Blackberry Compared To Android / Nigerian Xda Members. / Php7: Null Coalescing Operator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.