Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll (466 Views)

React + Css Vs React + Tailwindcss Which Do You Prefer?? / Please I Need Help With This Reactjs Issue - Context Api & RTK (pictures) / Flutter Vs React Native Vs Xamarin For Cross Platform Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll by SqueezedPant: 5:50pm On Sep 13, 2023
Which do you prefer , i prefer React Query to redux
React Query + server actions

Why i like it:
You can hydrate directly from the server components react query hooks and the client updates itself immediately after it has hydrated

I don’t know if it can be performed with RTK tho never tried it out, which do you prefer and wyy
Re: Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll by LikeAking: 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
I prefer all of them..

Never a fan of the tech industry and their endless flashy techs..

I use whatever….

I discovered whatever you use, will not gurrante anything…

I focus my energy on the basics, marketing and business side of tech..

1 Like

Re: Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll by LikeAking: 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2023
Tech has made a simple thing like fetching data look like one big thing…

To hell with their flashy techs, with 12 months life span…

1 Like

Re: Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll by Davidcorny: 9:10pm On Sep 13, 2023
LikeAking:

Graphql looking at you from the corner.
Re: Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll by SqueezedPant: 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2023
LikeAking:

I understand your point but using libraries dedicated for fetch is better than the default fetch alone esp for big web applications

Things like revalidate , caching , fetching on server side can’t be done with the default fetch alone
Re: Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll by SqueezedPant: 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2023
LikeAking:
I prefer all of them..

Never a fan of the tech industry and their endless flashy techs..

I use whatever….

I discovered whatever you use, will not gurrante anything…

I focus my energy on the basics, marketing and business side of tech..

Opposite for me here , i prefer the tech and coding aspect , i am not intrested in any executive position even if they bring more money
Re: Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll by Brogrammer(m): 3:49pm On Sep 14, 2023
To those interested, I recently published an article on "how to build an infinite scrolling news feed with NextJs 13 server actions".

Here's the link to the article: https://qdus.hashnode.dev/build-an-infinite-scrolling-news-feed-with-nextjs-13-server-action

The live version: https://infinite-scroll-news-feed(.)vercel(.)app/

I also use react-query "useInfiniteQuery" to implement another version of the infinite scroll... It's all in the source code which can be found in the article
Re: Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll by Deicide: 8:57pm On Sep 16, 2023
React Query does not fetch data
Re: Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll by Capslock01: 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2023
Deicide:
React Query does not fetch data

Don't know what you mean but React-Query handles data fetching amongst other thing.

https://tanstack.com/query/latest/docs/react/guides/queries
Re: Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll by Deicide: 7:42pm On Sep 18, 2023
Capslock01:

Don't know what you mean but React-Query handles data fetching amongst other thing.

https://tanstack.com/query/latest/docs/react/guides/queries
React Query is an aysnc state manager. It doesn't fetch data. What fetches data is axios or fetch.

1 Like

Re: Redux RTK Vs React Query For Fetching Data And Inifiite Scroll by Capslock01: 8:12pm On Sep 18, 2023
Deicide:
React Query is an aysnc state manager. It doesn't fetch data. What fetches data is axios or fetch.

Lol. Okay

(1) (Reply)

. / Should I Buy This? / Please What Is The Easiest Way To Learn Java Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.