Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,578 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi (11753 Views)

Obasanjo: Nigeria Has No Business With Poverty, Insecurity / Femi Adesina: Nigeria Needs A Leader With Iron And Steel / Obasanjo: Nigeria Is Presently Dripping Bitterness, Sadness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by Islie: 7:34pm On Jan 19, 2023
Obasanjo Defends Choice Of Obi, Says ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character’

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has explained why he threw his weight behind the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, as his preferred…

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has explained why he threw his weight behind the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, as his preferred candidate, saying Nigeria doesn’t deserve a leader with bad character.

He spoke on Thursday in Abeokuta, Ogun State, while featuring on an interactive session organised by the Experiential Leadership in Africa (TEL-Africa) with the theme: “Executive Decisions, Indecisions, and Leadership Development in Africa.”

In his New Year message to Nigerians, entitled: “My appeal to all Nigerians particularly young Nigerians,” Obasanjo had backed Obi’s candidacy because “he has an edge” over other candidates.

Expectedly, Obasanjo’s position ruffled the feathers of some leading candidates in the presidential race.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Bola Tinubu described Obasanjo’s backing of Obi as “worthless”, while his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) counterpart, Atiku Abubakar, said it was Obasanjo’s personal wish which does not reflect the opinion or “position of the overwhelming majority of Nigerians across the country.”

Speaking at the interactive session, Obasanjo said he did not use the word “endorsed” in the open letter, as he only expressed his opinion on the candidates.

He said, “Whether the letter is open or not open, what I believe is that I will be punished by God if I know what is right and I did not put it where it should be.

“The word I used is that one particular candidate has an edge, taking everything together and I take character, I take track record, I take vision and I take what you see in this man as a child of God.

“I said they all claimed to be my mentees and of course I won’t deny that, but if you are my mentee, they must also admit that I know them a little bit and if I then know them a little bit, I must be right to say…

“I don’t know why people are… I have done this in the past before for President Buhari. I said President Buhari does not really understand economy and that is true and you have seen it. I wasn’t running him down, that is what he is and he himself will admit that.

“I said his (Buhari) understanding of foreign affairs is also very little because when he was Military Head of State, he said his frontline does not go beyond the borders of Nigeria, that is a pity. But what then do you have, I wrote a letter almost six and a half pages and then only one sentence…

“Why should you as a Nigerian vote for somebody that the character, the reputation, the life of which you do not want your own children to be?

“It is either you are wicked, you are unpatriotic or you are really, really a bad citizen of this country and then if this is who you are, what do you want God to do with you and that is the way I see it.

“For the last three days, I have about 35 youths who I have been talking to and they all told me that education, security and corruption are what they are concerned about, the question is who then can do it?”

https://dailytrust.com/obasanjo-defends-choice-of-obi-says-nigeria-doesnt-deserve-leader-with-bad-character/

107 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by hisgrace090: 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2023
This is to show that Obassnjo loves this country Nigeria.

291 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by SaintNegro77: 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2023
We sensible Nigerians share same sentiment with you OBJ. Truth is bitter shaaa

241 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by socialmediaman: 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2023
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by derecho(m): 7:44pm On Jan 19, 2023
I can't forget about 7months ago when PO said
"Vote for a human being"

Beyond Papa Mama Pikin being the only logo with human faces, we need a human being not some heartless politician

127 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by Nightwolf1: 7:45pm On Jan 19, 2023
Let's do this, take Peter Obi, Atiku and Tinubu to USA for presidential debate whereby the Americans would choose the best candidate to be voted for.

Believe it they are going to choose Peter Obi.

Now this is the reason why Nigerians haven't gotten it rightly since independence. We are notorious for choosing and electing wicked and senseless criminals whom are bereft of ideas to man our economic and political affairs.

This time, vote wisely if you want the best for your country.

Vote Peter Obi the Americans choice for president.

169 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by agulion: 7:51pm On Jan 19, 2023
Tinubu disrespected we Yoruba Christian's by running Muslim Muslim ticket, we will punish him for that, and devil will punish him too

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by Jones4190(m): 7:53pm On Jan 19, 2023
A local champion built his party ACN from the scratch, won 6 states, had 6 governors from 2 regions, 19 Senators including Ngige from the SE, and 50 HOR members, the Minority leader seat of the NASS, 136 House of Assembly members. Tell us anyone else who did it like him.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by Jalinspy(f): 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
Tinubu is a known criminal and drug Peddler.
We reject him

106 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by SadiqBabaSani: 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
Gbam

12 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by gozmok1(m): 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2023
The people that would vote for APC in the coming elections have been classified into these 4 groups:
Tribalists,
Religious fanatics,
Political actors and,
Illiterates.
Check the list and note where you belong

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by PraizHim: 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2023
God bless OBJ

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by MadamExcellency: 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
SaintNegro77:
We sensible Nigerians share the same sentiment with you OBJ. Truth is bitter shaaa

Integrity was found in Peter Obi, that is the difference.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by SaintNegro77: 9:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
MadamExcellency:

Integrity was found in Peter Obi, that is the difference.
I concor with you.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by kelvincoll(m): 9:05pm On Jan 19, 2023
diadem10:

E no go better for you and your family if you or any of your family lives in Lagos, governed by Tinubu, a nuisance

Wow! Wow! Dude..small small dey curse na

Do you know if he and his family had been leaving in lagos even before Tinubu's spell as governor?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by habsydiamond(m): 9:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
Enough is enough for bad leadership.... another mistake can put us in a bad situation that is worse than this

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by BOLATINUBU01: 6:54am On Jan 20, 2023
That's why we are voting for ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by Fadoniga: 6:54am On Jan 20, 2023
Swears

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by kingsceemark(m): 6:55am On Jan 20, 2023
Hahahahaha Obasanjo still pressing weaker Urchins neck, Baba please show small mercy to th!efnubu, pampers should not be depart from Tinubu side, this great news go dey give Tinubu unlimited urinate, a town hall meeting is different from.......

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:55am On Jan 20, 2023
Islie:
Obasanjo Defends Choice Of Obi, Says ‘Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character’
The bad character is too much!

They are getting emboldened by the day

Imagine pulling a muslim/muslim ticket on us

Not respecting federal character/nepotism undecided

Borrow so much without anything tangible to show for it

Boldly killing Nigerians

Fake certificates, contempt for our courts

Wicked, devilish, heartless, terroristic leaders

They have turned Nigeria to a laughing stock, drug peddler too won be president grin

30 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by kushma(m): 6:55am On Jan 20, 2023
When a wise man speaks intelligent people listens, Peter Obi has always been the best among the rest and Obasanjo knows that, that’s why he endorsed him and not for monetary reasons. Be obedient and Yusuful.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by secnelly: 6:56am On Jan 20, 2023
Obi on every mouth.
Obi for you.
Obi for me.
Obi for Papa
Obi for Mama
Obi for pikin
Obi for north.
Obi for south.
Obi for ```Nigeria``` . Obi for *president* .

Sai Obi.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by ecolime(m): 6:56am On Jan 20, 2023
You must be a wicked person not to support Obi.

We must get it right this election else we are doomed.

22 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by ekukeku(m): 6:56am On Jan 20, 2023
We don suffer enough for d hand of des bad leaders include Obi
But still vote rightly

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by gasparpisciotta: 6:56am On Jan 20, 2023
Obasanjo is a self serving megalomaniac

He had his opportunity and instead of him to put things right, he made it worse.

God will definitely punish him for pushing his self interest over the National interest especially in the case of MKO Abiola
Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by CallmeTrinity: 6:56am On Jan 20, 2023
Thank you sir we know and accept your counsell.

We good loving hardworking Nigerians know Tinubu is a drug peddler a tribalist a thief and an egomaniac who is superbly corrupt..

But the children of hate and perdition who are raised in hate a tribalism want to force us and guilt us into voting Tinubu .

They are pigs who are 99% iliterate touts ... They want to drive our darling nation into destruction with their evil plans but it will never be well with them

Our darling daddy buhari has already set their plans on fire with bvas and changing the currency so they cannot buy votes .

Yet the pigs are fighting back but our darling daddy buhari will not let them stop Obidatti from reaching. Aso rock

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by bonechamberlain(m): 6:56am On Jan 20, 2023
OBJ doing God's work.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by wethebest(m): 6:56am On Jan 20, 2023
We know sir. Thats why sensible Nigerians are OBIdient . The useless, senseless nd Evil ones can retire with bokoharam, bandits nd herdsmen.

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Nigeria Doesn’t Deserve Leader With Bad Character, Endorses Obi by Cantonese: 6:56am On Jan 20, 2023
Hmmmm.

Emi lo kan supporters deserve the leader with bad character. All they think now is tribalism, chop-I-chop and not a better nation.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Should Forget About Nuclear, Wind Energy—nbet Boss / FG Declares Emergency On Public Health / Onnoghen: Buhari Extends Appointment of Justice Tanko As Acting CJN By 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.