Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,864 members, 7,813,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) (36078 Views)

Party Guests Served Food From A Hot Stove In Nigeria (Video) / Magic Table Top Gas Cooker With Grill / See This Fire Wood Cooking Stove Invented By A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by arantess: 11:24am On Jan 20, 2023
i knew it was this model before opening

e dey expire after awhile, get a new one
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by davibid: 11:25am On Jan 20, 2023
JOemmy:

Which is the best the metal one I bought is rusting from the gas pipes?

I don’t really know because after that incident I bought the mini gas cooker that has oven, though it’s expensive but it’s far safer compared to these gas stoves
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Lacash: 11:27am On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:
My Glass-Top Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In Use, Shards Fly 5 Metres Into the corridor..
I was in the room when I heard a loud crack from the kitchen due to the tempered glass spontaneously shattering, which sent shards flying five metres away into the corridor.

The glass continued cracking for about 30 minutes until it was fully shattered. I have not used this stove for about a month plus. so the surface was not hot..
Please what could be the cause of this.
I’ve had the experience twice, which I think it’s was as a result of the fire heat on the glass
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Lacash: 11:29am On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:
My Glass-Top Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In Use, Shards Fly 5 Metres Into the corridor..
I was in the room when I heard a loud crack from the kitchen due to the tempered glass spontaneously shattering, which sent shards flying five metres away into the corridor.

The glass continued cracking for about 30 minutes until it was fully shattered. I have not used this stove for about a month plus. so the surface was not hot..
I’ve had the experience twice, which I think it’s was as a result of the fire heat on the glass. The last time I went to buy gas cooker, I saw it on their stand and my Boi was pointing at it that Dad let’s buy this Buh I throway face like say I nor see or hear weytin him dey yarn cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by zedman1(m): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:

It happened to me once, at this same harmattan period. It should have something to do with change in temperature..... That expansion and contraction thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by VULCAN(m): 11:42am On Jan 20, 2023
Pls don't join police as investigation is not your gift.

He said he has not used if for a month and you are referring to rust.

Even If he stopped using it for 3 months would the rust that was there before dissolve?

mexxy1:
That gas doesn't look like something that hasn't been used up to a month.

The burners are rusted and the metal plate around the knobs as well unless you bought it from someone who had previously used it.

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by okine4real: 11:44am On Jan 20, 2023
Don't use that top gas again. I onced used it and one of my worker entered my kitchen and told me I should discard the Top gas, he said he has seen where the top gas exploded and the person using then was blind till the day he was talking to me, meaning the top gas exploded and the person cooking got blind due to the glass particules that splashed all over, but I didn't answe him.

On this faithfull day, normally my wife dey cook from like 8am or even 7am, I just don't know what entered my wife that day and she said she would not cook, 12pm reach this woman nor cook, not until my wife younger sister same to the house that day around 12.30pm and decided to cook, immediately she put on the gas, that day she was in the kitchen, my wife in the kitchen, my wife's mum in the kitchen and myself, my wife sister was facing the top gas, as she put on the top gas and decided to leave the kitchen, as she left, my wife left,her mother left, then I followed, I was still at the kitchen door linking to the parlor then I heard BOOM, I looked back, Omo Top gas done explode ohh, everywhere na the Top Gas particules, if my wife's sister where still in front of that Top Gas, till now, that lady for still blind. The detergent cup that was open, glass particles enter, Ogbono when we won cook, particles enter, every corner for the kitchen particles, even sponge for kitchen glass particles dey inside. Not up to 30mins, that my worker entered the kitchen, immediately he saw the gas he said, Oga shey be I tell you, this glass dey explode, say the babe when the gas explode for her eyes for him area, say the lady still blind till tomorrow.

That Top gas dey explode make una nor dey use am again.

I still get the pictures of the exploded top gas.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Truthshscrazy: 11:45am On Jan 20, 2023
Made in Aba
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by ComeToJesus: 11:47am On Jan 20, 2023
Happened to a friend. The shards contaminated several foodstuff that were undergoing preparation.

It's made from a downgraded quality of glass.There are glasses that withstand heat a lot without shattering.

The glass is just for aesthetics that's why it costs more than the ones with metal platforms. Oyibo dey craze sha. Wetin concern glass with fire?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Truthshscrazy: 11:47am On Jan 20, 2023
okine4real:
Don't use that top gas again. I onced used it and one of my worker entered my kitchen and told me I should discard the Top gas, he said he has seen where the top gas exploded and the person using then was blind till the day he was talking to me, meaning the top gas exploded and the person cooking got blind due to the glass particules that splashed all over, but I didn't answe him.

On this faithfull day, normally my wife dey cook from like 8am or even 7am, I just don't know what entered my wife that day and she said she would not cook, 12pm reach this woman nor cook, not until my wife younger sister same to the house that day around 12.30pm and decided to cook, immediately she put on the gas, that day she was in the kitchen, my wife in the kitchen, my wife's mum in the kitchen and myself, my wife sister was facing the top gas, as she put on the top gas and decided to leave the kitchen, as she left, my wife left,her mother left, then I followed, I was still at the kitchen door linking to the parlor then I heard BOOM, I looked back, Omo Top gas done explode ohh, everywhere na the Top Gas particules, if my wife's sister where still in front of that Top Gas, till now, that lady for still blind. The detergent cup that was open, glass particles enter, Ogbono when we won cook, particles enter, every corner for the kitchen particles, even sponge for kitchen glass particles dey inside. Not up to 30mins, that my worker entered the kitchen, immediately he saw the gas he said, Oga shey be I tell you, this glass dey explode, say the babe when the gas explode for her eyes for him area, say the lady still blind till tomorrow.

That Top gas dey explode make una nor dey use am again.

I still get the pictures of the exploded top gas.
cool

ComeToJesus:
Happened to a friend. The shards contaminated several foodstuff that were undergoing preparation.

It's made from a downgraded quality of glass.There are glasses that withstand heat a lot without shattering.

The glass is just for aesthetics that's why it costs more than the ones with metal platforms.
Metal over glass. Noted cool
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Mariangeles(f): 11:48am On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:

Thank God no glass particles got into your eyes.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Truthshscrazy: 11:50am On Jan 20, 2023
davibid:

I don’t really know because after that incident I bought the mini gas cooker that has oven, though it’s expensive but it’s far safer compared to these gas stoves

It’s the best jawe
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Cubby22: 11:53am On Jan 20, 2023
I had a Scanfrost Table Top that the glass exploded around 4am early morning. I made a video sent to the dealer. Then i returned it using the warranty. The company found out that it was a factory error, the gas was leaking . The accumulation of heat was what broke your table top. Good thing was that they replaced it with another one.

2 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Onyenna(m): 11:55am On Jan 20, 2023
Diligent1:
Mostly when it reach a year usage, it will shatter and it is very dangerous.

I have never experienced this before! It’s shocking! This could’ve caused the OP serious injuries if he/she was in that same kitchen…..

NB: I’ve been using my binatone glass gas-top for 4yrs now……
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Kreddy: 11:56am On Jan 20, 2023
nnono:
Expansion

That's my humble observation too,

"Expansion'" but I thought expansion is triggered by heat.
my second observation is harmattan

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Ignatio(m): 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2023
I had the same experience many years ago that gas stove no no no I don't buy it again because it's fake it's it's too inferior.

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by MrBroke(m): 12:05pm On Jan 20, 2023
Expired, that's normal
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by FashionCookie(f): 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2023
I no dey ever buy glass top burner. I prefer the normal type.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by FuckTheMod: 12:09pm On Jan 20, 2023
SocialJustice:
Belgium cookers are far better than the new ones sold here.
Rubbish
No be only Belgium, na Croatia undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Olam09(m): 12:24pm On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:

You better buy another one this one looks old.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by otomatic(m): 12:29pm On Jan 20, 2023
mexxy1:
That gas doesn't look like something that hasn't been used up to a month.

The burners are rusted and the metal plate around the knobs as well unless you bought it from someone who had previously used it.

You misunderstood the guy. He is not saying that the cooker is a month old. Rather that it has been a month since the last time he used it.

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Minjim: 12:31pm On Jan 20, 2023
Onyenna:

I have never experienced this before! It’s shocking! This could’ve caused the OP serious injuries if he/she was in that same kitchen…..

NB: I’ve been using my binatone glass gas-top for 4yrs now……

This usually happens with glass top pressure cookers

It happened to mine too.

I just discharged it and got another one.
I later heard it can be repaired. There is a man that cuts another glass and fix it to the top.
But I didn't trust that cooker again. The pipes are full of rusts
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Stevenbright(m): 12:40pm On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:

The tempered glass has expired. You can change the glass Sha if you can locate any reliable place they render such services.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by omojesu202(m): 12:40pm On Jan 20, 2023
Diligent1:
Mostly when it reach a year usage, it will shatter and it is very dangerous.

you can lie.

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by PlanktonX: 12:42pm On Jan 20, 2023
SocialJustice:

This mentality needs to stop.
Belgium.or fairly used are better than China product but not new original products.

Try buy original Murphy Richards
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by lereinter(m): 12:43pm On Jan 20, 2023
SocialJustice:

Those ones no dey expire too
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Mariangeles(f): 12:43pm On Jan 20, 2023
MrBroke:
Expired, that's normal

Hazards should never be considered normal.
What if he had lost his sight?

3 Likes

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by bigtt76(f): 12:47pm On Jan 20, 2023
The thing don tire for the suffering you de put am through. Retire this thing go buy new one cheesy

melonsgroup:

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by kennys: 12:49pm On Jan 20, 2023
Cutehector:
Made in bala blu kingdom

Finished and used in bulaba Nigerian.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by LegendaryArnold(m): 12:51pm On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:

I've been there before [code][/code]
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by mexxy1(m): 1:00pm On Jan 20, 2023
otomatic:

You misunderstood the guy. He is not saying that the cooker is a month old. Rather that it has been a month since the last time he used it.

Noted. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by mexxy1(m): 1:02pm On Jan 20, 2023
etibaba:
That's not what he said, rather he said that "In the last one month plus he hasn't used the gas"

Noted. Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Kills Monkey Ahead Of Christmas Tomorrow, Gets Blasted Online (Photos) / Raw Blood Found In Fish Pepper Soup Sold At An Eatery In Abuja (Photos) / Be Honest, Can You Eat This Yam With 5 Toes? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.