Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) (36347 Views)

Party Guests Served Food From A Hot Stove In Nigeria (Video) / Magic Table Top Gas Cooker With Grill / See This Fire Wood Cooking Stove Invented By A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by mechanics(m): 1:11pm On Jan 20, 2023
Zonefree:
E don expire, get a new one.
So does it mean gas cookers do expire?
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by mechanics(m): 1:17pm On Jan 20, 2023
Chijeep:
China na your mate? grin grin
funny.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by mechanics(m): 1:18pm On Jan 20, 2023
Diligent1:
Mostly when it reach a year usage, it will shatter and it is very dangerous.
Eyah, it's advisable one goes for the metallic ones.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Yankee101: 1:20pm On Jan 20, 2023
Made in….
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Tegabadguy(m): 1:34pm On Jan 20, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin Aba boys at work
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by AutoshalomUSA: 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2023
Exactly China ——- But these types of stoves don’t come in glass top . So what they did was sprayed glass pieces over the stove ,they they glazed and polished it to look like a single piece of glass …… Glass stoves are usually not Gas powered but electric .

China is just deceiving Africans because our regulatory agencies and consumer products organizations have no clue the type of innovative products are available on the market.

Please my brothers and sisters, you can always do a quick google search about any electronic/electrical product brand you want to purchase . If you can’t find anything about it , then you know ur answer .

Be Wise All
gaby:
Lol...

I experience this shiiit some years back. Na so I look the kitchen, look the stove, shake my head, bust laugh.

China..una firo miro

For English, dem dey call the process "Obsolescence" where stuffs are manufactured to expire or stop being useful after a while to keep production going endlessly.

To know more, check the meaning of that word.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by PointZerom: 1:35pm On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:
My Glass-Top Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In Use, Shards Fly 5 Metres Into the corridor..
I was in the room when I heard a loud crack from the kitchen due to the tempered glass spontaneously shattering, which sent shards flying five metres away into the corridor.

The glass continued cracking for about 30 minutes until it was fully shattered. I have not used this stove for about a month plus. so the surface was not hot..
Please what could be the cause of this.

Before this could happen, the sighns were all over but you neglected it.
1. Difficulty in lighting it.
2. The light sometimes looks like a firewood light etc.

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by SocialJustice: 1:46pm On Jan 20, 2023
PlanktonX:

This mentality needs to stop.
Belgium.or fairly used are better than China product but not new original products.

Try buy original Murphy Richards
Economics is common sense.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by ultimateprof: 1:48pm On Jan 20, 2023
This is the hand work of Bala blu bat.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Emperormartin(m): 1:56pm On Jan 20, 2023
okine4real:
Don't use that top gas again. I onced used it and one of my worker entered my kitchen and told me I should discard the Top gas, he said he has seen where the top gas exploded and the person using then was blind till the day he was talking to me, meaning the top gas exploded and the person cooking got blind due to the glass particules that splashed all over, but I didn't answe him.

On this faithfull day, normally my wife dey cook from like 8am or even 7am, I just don't know what entered my wife that day and she said she would not cook, 12pm reach this woman nor cook, not until my wife younger sister same to the house that day around 12.30pm and decided to cook, immediately she put on the gas, that day she was in the kitchen, my wife in the kitchen, my wife's mum in the kitchen and myself, my wife sister was facing the top gas, as she put on the top gas and decided to leave the kitchen, as she left, my wife left,her mother left, then I followed, I was still at the kitchen door linking to the parlor then I heard BOOM, I looked back, Omo Top gas done explode ohh, everywhere na the Top Gas particules, if my wife's sister where still in front of that Top Gas, till now, that lady for still blind. The detergent cup that was open, glass particles enter, Ogbono when we won cook, particles enter, every corner for the kitchen particles, even sponge for kitchen glass particles dey inside. Not up to 30mins, that my worker entered the kitchen, immediately he saw the gas he said, Oga shey be I tell you, this glass dey explode, say the babe when the gas explode for her eyes for him area, say the lady still blind till tomorrow.

That Top gas dey explode make una nor dey use am again.

I still get the pictures of the exploded top gas.
This is scary!

I purchased mine just two months ago together with my aunt from the same seller.

As it stands now my aunt's own exploded just last week and something is now telling that mine will soon explode.

But your story and experience has made me more scarier
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by speak2me2015: 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2023
I experienced this last year.
My wife has just finished cooking.
While we were at the dinning, I heard a bang from the kitchen. I went in to check, just to discover that the gas burner has shattered spraying the broken glass even to the corridor.
My happiness was that none of my family member was in the kitchen.

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by melonsgroup: 2:25pm On Jan 20, 2023
PointZerom:

Before this could happen, the sighns were all over but you neglected it.
1. Difficulty in lighting it.
2. The light sometimes looks like a firewood light etc.
my brother you're just 100% correct..
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by melonsgroup: 2:27pm On Jan 20, 2023
Emperormartin:

This is scary!

I purchased mine just two months ago together with my aunt from the same seller.

As it stands now my aunt's own exploded just last week and something is now telling that mine will soon explode.

But your story and experience has made me more scarier
Discard it now and be safe

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by MansoryMX(m): 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:
My Glass-Top Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In Use, Shards Fly 5 Metres Into the corridor..
I was in the room when I heard a loud crack from the kitchen due to the tempered glass spontaneously shattering, which sent shards flying five metres away into the corridor.

The glass continued cracking for about 30 minutes until it was fully shattered. I have not used this stove for about a month plus. so the surface was not hot..
¹

I have had same experience and it's still this particular thermacool I was using. After the incident someone advised me not to buy brand new gas cooker but those tokunbo type. Man! Tokunbo gas cooker are the best.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Kinsalat619(m): 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2023
I sell these things.. It has expired. The Teflon or stainless body is far more durable but the glass top is the most beautiful..
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Octobertwentysix(f): 3:34pm On Jan 20, 2023
mexxy1:
That gas cooker doesn't look like something that hasn't been used up to a month.

The burners are rusted and the metal plate around the knobs as well unless you bought it from someone who had previously used it.

He said he hasn't used it for about a month plus that means for one month or thereabouts he had not cooked with it. Read again this time slowly then understand.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by format9798(m): 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2023
Same thing has happened to me before. However, contrary to wat everyone thinks/ppl's comments, the main reason for the shattering is that u allowed water to touch the surface when it is hot. Avoid the temptation of using wet rag to clean the surface when it is hot. Do this and enjoy the burner for a long time.

I replaced my shattered glass, and till date I'm still using mine.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Annymation(m): 4:12pm On Jan 20, 2023
That's the only problem with glass top gas. You can go for the coated top but it's more expensive. The stainless last longer but easily get rusted.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Eaglesence: 4:25pm On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:

Hamatan thinzz
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by luluosas(m): 4:53pm On Jan 20, 2023
Thanks be to God that no one was hurt. Will keep an eye on our own though rarely used.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Pootle: 4:56pm On Jan 20, 2023
na thermerhot u buy
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Mariangeles(f): 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2023
format9798:
Same thing has happened to me before. However, contrary to wat everyone thinks/ppl's comments, the main reason for the shattering is that u allowed water to touch the surface when it is hot. Avoid the temptation of using wet rag to clean the surface when it is hot. Do this and enjoy the burner for a long time.

I replaced my shattered glass, and till date I'm still using mine.

Just be careful.
Even though you think you have it figured out.

One would often think "this could never happen to me", until it happens.
The wise learn from others' experiences.

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by phemmyfour: 5:05pm On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:

It's expired
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by lookgood4us(m): 6:19pm On Jan 20, 2023
My wife's own shattered like that last year. I think the thing expires
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by alizma: 7:23pm On Jan 20, 2023
melonsgroup:

The glass has exhausted it's life span. That is , it has expired.
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by vta2008: 11:35am On Jan 21, 2023
So sorry oh. Thanks for the post sha. My friend has been telling me to get glass top stove. I no do again 😂😂
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by clarocuzioo(m): 3:03pm On Mar 31, 2023
kellyzaf:

My.brother thats the main problem with this Glass cover gas cooker, there is nothing more to it, is just the usual problem for glass cover gas cooker. It happen to me when i was using same type, i go change the cover to stainless cover and till date i m still using it.

Pls how and where did u change it to stainless cover?
Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by kellyzaf(m): 1:42pm On Apr 14, 2023
clarocuzioo:

Pls how and where did u change it to stainless cover?

Go Alaba international market ask for the repairers and they will change it for u

1 Like

Re: My Table Top Gas Stove Suddenly Shatters When Not In use (pics) by Laopangjiaspice: 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2023
We are looking for distributors for our Seasoning powder . You can reach us at 07069329044

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Malnourished Christy, Rescued By Betta Edu, Celebrates Her Birthday (Photos) / Cake, Cakes N More Cakes / What's The Difference Between Coca-cola And Pepsi And Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.