Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto (23947 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Campaigners In Enugu PHOTOS / Akeredolu Faults Tinubu Campaigners Over ‘comment’ On Osinbajo / Rotimi Amaechi: Unemployment Drove Me Into Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by TheLawAsItIs: 11:46am On Jan 20, 2023
Peter Obi’s Pitiable, Irresponsible Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into 2023 Politics –Sultan Of Sokoto

The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Muhammad Sa'ad Abubakar, has distanced himself from a viral statement where he purportedly asked Nigerians to hold him responsible if the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, did not perform well if he is elected president in the forthcoming election.

A statement titled “BREAKING: SULTAN OF SOKOTO WRITES,” with the first paragraph reading, "Hold me responsible if Peter Obi didn't perform well, the problem of the North is from the north, not Peter Obi or an Igbo man, it will be worst and more deadly for the North if Tinubu wins, if they tell you an Igbo man is the problem of Nigeria, tell them Igbo man never rule Nigeria before and north is world poverty capital," has gone viral on social media.

Reacting to the purported statement, the Sultan through his media team described the statement as misleading information circulated by Peter Obi’s campaigners whom he described as pitiable political campaigners.

The media team in a statement signed by Prince Bashir Adefaka, said, “Ordinarily the statement should not be dignified with a pinch of reaction but because of the need to put the record straight for the sake of truth seeking Nigerians. Recall that this is not the first time such a misleading statement would be circulated in effort to climb on the influential personality and name of the Sultan to score political goals.

“Unfortunately for these pitiable political campaigners, Sultan of Sokoto is - strictly speaking - a traditional ruler and leader of Muslims of Africa's most populous country. Moreso, as a retired Army General, his discipline, commitment and unalloyed loyalty to Nigeria is non-negotiable

“For the avoidance of doubt, the statement is fake because such an irresponsible write-up, credited to him, could not have emanated from anywhere near or around His Eminence Alhaji Muhammad Sa'ad Abubakar, CFR, mni, the Sultan of Sokoto and President General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA).”

The statement explained that between Wednesday and Thursday, the Sultan played host to several figures including the outgoing and new General Officers Commanding (GOCs), Eighth Division Nigerian Army, Sokoto, Major Generals O. Bassey and Godwin Mutkut respectively, and Vice Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Senator Kashim Shettima.

The statement denied that Obi visited the Sultan, saying, “It would interest Nigerians to know that the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Dr. Peter Obi, was not one of those that paid a visit to the palace, be it on Wednesday or Thursday. So, how some agents of discord whose stock-in-trade is to thrive on cooking falsehoods and peddling of fake news think that they can get through with this remains unknown to common sense.

“The simple challenge is to ask them to publish a copy of the letter purportedly written by the Sultan or a video or audio clip where he endorsed Peter Obi and denied APC Presidential Candidate Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as contained in their peddled fakeness. If they cannot, and of a surety they cannot, they should desist from this indefensible claim and unpardonable lie using the good bane of His Eminence because it will backfire.

“It should, however, be made clear to the good people of Nigeria that this, like many others in the past by the Peter Obi campaigners, would not stop the Sultan from continuing to play his role as a multifaceted leader and father of all and so, his doors will remain open to all aspirants across all parties and other meaningful people from across the country.

“More important to Sultan Sa'ad Abubakar at this time and always are the security, peace and unity of Nigeria, especially as the nation is fast moving into its long planned and heavily invested general elections. He will continue to support all efforts that will lead to the success of the election process. So, let any incoherent claims of naysayers be ignored. The Sultan is not a politician.”

https://saharareporters.com/2023/01/20/peter-obis-pitiable-irresponsible-campaigners-trying-drag-me-2023-politics-sultan-sokoto

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by oyin44: 11:47am On Jan 20, 2023
This provocative lie done by zombidiots against the sultan will discredit obi in the north

Maybe, na by force to support obi

146 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by rickpat(m): 11:50am On Jan 20, 2023
abeg this election should come fast,make person hear word.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by madridguy(m): 11:50am On Jan 20, 2023
grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Acidosis(m): 11:51am On Jan 20, 2023
Nobody:

APC: Creates fake news about Labour Party

Nobody:

APC: Comes back to debunk the fake news about Labour Party

Nobody:

APC: Slams Labour Party over fake news

Nobody:

APC: Looks for another fake news to create

Despicable political neophytes cheesy cheesy Strategy wey don cast since 1900. Sultan of Sokoto should know better.

287 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Mystic216: 11:51am On Jan 20, 2023
Obi 2023
Urchins can continue their propaganda

Urchins will create impossible news and still be the ones to debunk the lie
Unfortunate sapiens

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Jogs1900: 11:53am On Jan 20, 2023
We all know everything about Obis people are fake...We knew it that there's no way for LP in the north...Even Datti is deceiving Obi.

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by QuotaSystem: 11:54am On Jan 20, 2023
A statement titled “BREAKING: SULTAN OF SOKOTO WRITES,” with the first paragraph reading, "Hold me responsible if Peter Obi didn't perform well, the problem of the North is from the north, not Peter Obi or an Igbo man, it will be worst and more deadly for the North if Tinubu wins, if they tell you an Igbo man is the problem of Nigeria, tell them Igbo man never rule Nigeria before and north is world poverty capital," has gone viral on social media.

These zombidients are heavily relying on the same IPOB propaganda format to deceive gullible voters into voting their inferior candidate. Just read the stinking sewage above that they were sharing…not that the average northerner would be gullible enough to believe the tripe in the first place.

Now they have shot themselves in the foot & achieved the opposite with this tongue-lashing from the Sultan of Sokoto and head of Muslims in the country. If any northerner needed any reason to trash all lies & propaganda from “pitiable and irresponsible” Obi supporters, they have one from the Sultan himself.

I’m gladdened that their amateur propaganda backfired horribly. Shameless liars.

60 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Urchinpainer: 11:55am On Jan 20, 2023
Sultan should not be feeling himself! As long as this election is concerned his influence ends in Sokoto! Nobody in Obi campaign team will create such fake news, it's obviously the handiwork of APC urchins.

Obi campaign team has always maintained that their strong base is in the south!

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Nightwolf1: 11:56am On Jan 20, 2023
This method of attack is not working anymore. Any message from Labour party not sanctioned by Peter Obi is fake.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by MrEverest(m): 11:59am On Jan 20, 2023
How can this man not know that this fake news emanated from Tinubu's camp? They will create fake news and claim it is from Obidients and after circulating it, they will still report it to those concerned.

Is this how Tinubu hopes to win the election? The person that did this so-called press release acted ignorantly and should be ashamed of himself.

SMH.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Cyberterror: 12:01pm On Jan 20, 2023
Ipob terrorists are selling crooked Peter Obi like fake spare parts and adulterated drugs as if their Biafra depends on it cheesy

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by MrEverest(m): 12:01pm On Jan 20, 2023
Urchinpainer:
Sultan should not be feeling himself! As long as this election is concerned his influence ends in Sokoto! Nobody in Obi campaign team will create such fake news, it's obviously the handiwork of APC urchins.

Obi campaign team has always maintained that their strong base is in the south!

Honestly, it's baffling that someone who claims to represent all muslims in Nigeria and occupies such office will be gullible and descend so low as to believe fake news?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Trollronaldo: 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2023
The elites are scared. We are going to dismantle their corrupt structures

cheesy

I am so happy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Curious345: 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2023
Don't say what the sultan never said ..

Traditional rulers have been barred from meddling in politics .

The sultan is not a fool , so he knows what a redline is

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Tochi3(m): 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2023
Crying don full everywhere already... grin cheesy

The Sultan is for MU-MU ticket...

The only gazelle garangajas dat believe the lies & propaganda are thesame fake Muslims whom the notherners rejected...

Know this & know peace grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by BOLATINUBU01: 12:08pm On Jan 20, 2023
Obi is a disgrace

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Roboto11: 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2023
grin

On your marks, get set, go.

Obhidiots go begin insult Northerners now.

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by QuotaSystem: 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2023
BOLATINUBU01:
Obi is a disgrace

Worst thing is that he encourages the blatant lies as a strategy by his zombidients.

They know Obi is scared silly to visit the Sultan hence the propaganda. This condemnation of his fake news and candidacy might foreclose any audience the Sultan would have ordinarily given him as a royal father if he ever grows the balls to visit his Sokoto Palace.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by PeterObi4LP: 12:18pm On Jan 20, 2023
APC and Tinubu urchies at it again. Trying everything within their reach to discredit the over whelming reception PODatti is receiving.

Urchies will try harder but it will not prevail. Who God has ordain Nigeria President no man can turn it.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by tuborme: 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2023
We know it’s the APC that is releasing all these fake endorsements in Obidatti campaign name… thesame way they released fake musical rally!

We pass them

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by DSC7: 12:20pm On Jan 20, 2023
Everyday they talk down on be yet the man without structure keeps waxing stronger...

ObiDatti issa goaaaaal.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by QuotaSystem: 12:23pm On Jan 20, 2023
This is how it’s done instead of lying through the teeth.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by engrchykae(m): 12:38pm On Jan 20, 2023
Chief jihadist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by naijapips04: 12:57pm On Jan 20, 2023
Acidosis:
Nobody:

Nobody:

Nobody:

Nobody:

Despicable political neophytes cheesy cheesy Strategy wey don cast since 1900. Sultan of Sokoto should know better.

IPOB kill and deny. Juvenile rascals. Nigerians are way smarter.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 20, 2023

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Obaofaba: 1:07pm On Jan 20, 2023
Persona non grata in the north.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Libera: 1:09pm On Jan 20, 2023
Another lamba bursted

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Obaofaba: 1:19pm On Jan 20, 2023
Obi is finally in trouble

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by sapele914(m): 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2023
Acidosis:
Nobody:

Nobody:

Nobody:

Nobody:

Ipobians as usual, always blaming others for their self executed atrocities.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by BOLATINUBU01: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2023
Obi has fail woefully grin'

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Campaigners Trying To Drag Me Into Politics - Sultan Of Sokoto by Authoreety: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2023
Sultan should keep shut!

Nonsense..

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Does Not Have Right To Cut His Salary — Odinkalu / Nigeria Customs Release Statement Over Guns Intercepted In Lagos / Photos From APC Governors' Forum Meeting In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.