Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,111 members, 7,835,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Foreign Miseducation Into Another Form Of Glorified Slavery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Miseducation Into Another Form Of Glorified Slavery (165 Views)

Umuahia Town Still Looking Like Glorified Village – Otti / Chike Udensi: Umuahia Not A State Capital But Glorified Village / In New Recording, Amaechi Depicts Lagos As ‘glorified Village’-Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Foreign Miseducation Into Another Form Of Glorified Slavery by jara: 2:23pm On Jan 20, 2023
*COPIED*

*Japan Syndrome*

1. Good morning Nigerians.

I had a discussion with one of the 'relocatoree' to UK yesterday & I want to bring out more discomfiting analyses from what is happening.

I can only implore Nigerians to focus on our country and let all hands be on deck to build a great nation:

2. In just one university in Wales, (name withheld), a minimum of 600 Nigerians were newly offered admission for Masters Degree Programs.

The person I spoke to is between 45-50 years old. The cohort are in the range of 35-50, I understand. They are all paying £12,000 school fees per annum.

3. That is a whopping sum of £7,200,000.00 to one UK university drawn from Nigeria.

Imagine the number of other Nigerians in other UK universities.

Using a modest parallel market exchange rate of about N800 to the pound, Nigerians removed N5,760,000,000 (N5.7b) from our economy.

4. The N5.7b was dashed to just one UK University. That is just school fees.

Use the same measure for the living expenses they had to provide and you get a whopping N11.4b removed from our economy and taken to just one UK University.

5. I am sure you can do the calculation for up to 20 UK universities.

These Nigerians are the ones who say Nigeria is a failed nation, there is poverty in the land, abi?

Yet 600 of them were able to move over N10b out of the country. Just imagine if the CBN is being forced to provide FX at CBN rate to these ones?

6. These same ones will be grumbling that they can't access FX at bank rate.

I want you all to understand my point.

I reiterate that I am not opposed to young people migrating & I am also not really opposed to adult migration, I am just opposed to what I consider as ill-advised escapades into slavery.

7. These cohort of relocators are those who should be employers of labour given their ages.

Anyone who has N25m to relocate has money for gainful enterprising.

What then is wrong with our society?

Please do not say security or poverty or whatever excuse.

8. I know there is a problem of bad leadership especially in the states, but those leaving are the leader cohort. A lot of our problems come from the negative news that our media amplifies ALWAYS.

When you say daily that Nigeria is bad, it is insecure, you fix this nonsense in people's minds.

9. When the churches amplify this nonsense about Fulani hegemony, taking over, islamisation agenda etc, they fix these notion of oppression in the minds of people & the people internalise this to a point of feeling they are in danger.

10. I am sad this day because Nigeria does not deserve the atrocities that we, the citizens inflict on it daily.

It is in this same Nigeria that I have been born, 'breaded', buttered, 'sugared' and 'tead' and made a good living.

I have worked hard all through my 61 years, yes from birth.

11. This land has yielded good to me and my family, the same way it did to my genealogy.

My grandfather Late Said Tugbogbo Fawehinmi was a renowned Timber magnate right there in Ondo Town and exported timber through Brandler & Rake (Expatriate) who lived & made a fortune in Nigeria.

12. This thread today is to the citizens and not the authorities.

Search your hearts and see the damage you are doing as individuals to this nation.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

*From the blog of Iyabo Awokoya*

(1) (Reply)

2023 Nigeria Election Update: Raw, Undiluted Gist, News & Political Discussions / Nigerian Coy Unveils App To Combat Fake News / Nigerian Newspapers Top Stories: 22 January 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.