Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,689 members, 7,844,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Factors Responsible For High Cost Of Food In Nigeria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Factors Responsible For High Cost Of Food In Nigeria (245 Views)

Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes / High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 / High Cost Of Living : See The African Pear I Bought For #400 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Factors Responsible For High Cost Of Food In Nigeria by ekwe552: 10:01pm On Jan 20, 2023
Rising food prices causes and consequences
In the last few years, food costs have increased, often by over 200 percent, for goods like rice, bread, and cattle.

According to an official, the COVID-19 epidemic, insecurity, and the Russia-Ukraine war are only a few of the factors contributing to the rise in food costs in Nigeria.

However, the government was "working hard" to reduce the growing prices of food goods, according to Mahmood Abubakar, the minister of agriculture and rural development, who made this statement in Abuja.

At the week ministerial briefing hosted by the Presidential Communications Team on Thursday at the White House, Mr. Abubakar gave a speech.

In the last few years, the cost of food has skyrocketed, often by over 200 percent, for products like rice, bread, and cattle.
TO READ MORE VISIT: https://www.healthlifekit.com/2023/01/factors-responsible-for-high-cost-of.html

Re: Factors Responsible For High Cost Of Food In Nigeria by Cholls(m): 11:57pm On Jan 20, 2023
My brother the most important reason is because we have too many middle men
Re: Factors Responsible For High Cost Of Food In Nigeria by CodeTemplar: 12:05pm On Jan 21, 2023
There are factors beyond us but also factors by us. Unions and associations are largely responsible for the disproportional inflation between input cost and final consumer cost.
These association fix prices too high for their own extra bucks.
Examples.
1. Dollar goes from around N450 to N750 but an imported commodity jumps from N250 to N900. A less than doubling of dollar results in tripling of price.

2. A farm produce being mechanized with petrol based machines (water pumping and cultivation) and transported by petrol powered vehicles, goes up by more than doubled in price yet petrol hasn't doubled yet, fertilizer hasn't doubled, same for labour and other inputs but the middlemen want huge profit.

(1) (Reply)

Wean Your Baby With Soyabean / Burn Fat While You Sleep! Let Me Show You How. / 1kg Bee Food Supplement For Optimal Hive Health And Productivity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.