Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes (35327 Views)

High Cost Of Living: See The Mangoes I Bought For #500 / The Basket Of Tomatoes I Bought For N1,500 - Ogun State. / Lessel In Benue Where A Basket Of Tomatoes Goes For N150 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by ogododo: 12:30pm On Jul 04, 2023
Hauwa Indimi -Yar’adua, daughter of a billionaire oil magnate, Mohammed Indimi, has lamented over the rising cost of foodstuff in the country.

Taking to her verified Instagram account, the cosmetologist shared a picture of a small basket of tomatoes which she stated was purchased for N8,000 in Abuja, saying she is ‘still not over it yet’.

In her Instagram stories she inscribed the picture of the basket of tomatoes with the words, “I sent my people to the market and as of Monday, this is N8k tomatoes. Still not over it,” she wrote on Monday, July 3.

Due to the high price of tomatoes, it has been gathered that some housewives in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, have stopped using tomatoes for stew and other sauces over the rise in cost, according to the News Agency of Nigeria.

Moreso, some residents disclosed that they have resorted to using garden eggplants and carrots to make stew. They said garden egg, called ‘ganyen gauta’ in Hausa; ‘igba’ in Yoruba; and ‘anyara’ in Igbo, could blend very well with rice in the same manner as tomatoes.

Others said they were exploring pumpkin, pawpaw or traditional soups like white soup and palm fruit soup popularly called banga in place of tomato stew.

https://dailytrust.com/billionaire-daughter-hauwa-indimi-laments-high-cost-of-tomato/

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by Arrewa: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2023
Let's see what she have to say

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by Arrewa: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2023
Interesting...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by ratiani6: 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2023
Is this play? What should ordinary Nigerians do?

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by YOUNGELDER1(m): 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2023
This is just the beginning!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by ogododo: 12:35pm On Jul 04, 2023
Dey play.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by Cloudflare: 12:44pm On Jul 04, 2023
Damn!

We are yet to hear from "this govt will favour me and my family" crew

113 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by AsomughaChuks05: 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2023
Prices of agricultural consumables are rising excessively primarily because fulani herdsmen no longer allow farmers safe access to their farms across the country. This is why someone like Nyesom Wike should be appointed the new minister of defence to put an end to their siege and then completely rout out Ipob terrorists while at it.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by Racoon(m): 12:54pm On Jul 04, 2023
Shege promax is set rolling since the era of Buhari. The rich also cry.

22 Likes

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by Opanka44(m): 12:55pm On Jul 04, 2023
A Typical Example of "The Rich Also Cry"

I typically wouldn't do this, but pls if there's anyone who can come to my aid, I will be glad. I understand how tormenting the situation of this country is presently, particularly economically. My two children are crying out for hunger. Two days ago we ate the last food at home. We now resort to buying raw food on credit and the sellers need money, they have refused further debts until we pay up. I'm just a labourer and Mason. No job for now.
Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by SwissMass: 1:01pm On Jul 04, 2023
One small tomato in Liberia is $100LD about #400 in Nigeria for just one.
Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by illicit(m): 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2023
Plant your own tomatoes now o

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by bjdon: 1:25pm On Jul 04, 2023
She should get her Yoruba friends to take her to where they buy cheap tomatoes

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by jmoore(m): 1:37pm On Jul 04, 2023
Nigeria still depend on seasonal farming.

6 Likes

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by porka: 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2023
Is she in opposition now?

Only people in "opposition" are complaining.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by ogododo: 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2023
Walhala dey o Nlfpmod
Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by Beremx(f): 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2023
The rich also lament.

Shege Banza loading...

15 Likes

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by ZUKKYY(m): 2:04pm On Jul 04, 2023
grin
Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by Didijiji: 2:06pm On Jul 04, 2023
Hausa people have mouth now

No be dem son dey there now

Give them 6 months they will face Asiwaju well well well

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by sofeo(m): 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2023
Alright
Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by slawomir: 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Na Billionaire daughter dey complain so

Na im some archaic and primitive people dey shout up and down it will favour me and my family

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by jeff1993: 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2023
Werey dey disguise

She is complaining as if e dey touch them for body.... How much be 8k abi she wan juss talk make e be like say the rich also cry?

9 Likes

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by triple996(m): 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2023
The high cost of food is affecting everyone both rich and poor. Nigeria will get there

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by kingsways: 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2023
I strongly advise farmers in Nigeria to significantly increase the price of their products.

With the benefit of having been to a number of African countries, I can tell you for free that food items are grossly underpriced in Nigeria.

Fuel prices in Nigeria are now approximately at per with other countries, so also should be price of agricultural produce.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by ArchiLimited: 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2023
Ok
Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by Shattuck(m): 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2023
It will favour me and my family

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by Menclothing: 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2023
Don’t comment if you not a farmer you all left farm expecting miracle foods lolz
Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by Brendaniel: 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2023
No be your inlaw use em 8 years take spoil this country....

Anyway your protest against the high cost of tomato will favour me and my family....

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by Heroicvic(m): 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2023
Yet the sons and daughters of okada men on nairaland will tell you it will favour them and their families

Bigots nawa o

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by cigaricon(m): 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2023
Book of Lamentations chapter 20vs23 says:
"No mater how the economy goes, it must favour me and my family" grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hauwa Indimi Laments High Cost Of Tomatoes by FalseProphet1(m): 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2023
This high cost of tomatoes would favour me and my family.

This I have seen.

26 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What 200 Naira Got Me. / Typical Nigerian Dinning Habits, Everyone Can Relate To (Pictures) / Egusi Soup Vs Obgono Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.