Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho (2895 Views)

Fear In NNPC As Dangote Struggles To Get Approval To Operate Refinery / Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Go Tough On Rapists / Akpabio Reveals First State Buhari Will Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Urchinpainer: 7:01am On Jan 21, 2023
Ilaumoh:

The truth is Udom is a visionary and a thinker no be noise maker at all

Akpabio built those plants!
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Globad(f): 7:06am On Jan 21, 2023
Congrats Akwa Ibom

Most parts of Akwa Ibom will soon have 24 hours of power

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by techWriter3: 8:11am On Jan 21, 2023
**When I know a stablemate; I know one!!

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 8:16am On Jan 21, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Governor Udom Emanuel has applied for it and it has been approved.

Other states should do the same tongue.
Exactly my thoughts too
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 8:17am On Jan 21, 2023
kenny714433:
Akwa Ibom should do better. Let's sell the power to some unserious state. You forget to add that there's a massive substation marked for construction at Etim Ekpo for Etim Ekpo and its environs.

Hello Hunchogee, I know you would vote PO against Atiku right? You know with PO we'd prosper. You remember Atiku sold ALSCON?

Let’s make Nigeria great again.
Yeah , Etim Ekpo substation ..
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 8:22am On Jan 21, 2023
SILVERLINES:
The truth is that Akwa Ibom state has been bless with good leaders started with Victor Attah down to this current administration. I have been telling people that in ten years to come Akwa Ibom state will be a place every body will want to be if the progress continue in this direction.
To say Akwa Ibom state is beautiful is an understatement, the best state so far with good road networks, whenever we are on trip once we enter Akwa Ibom the roads there will tell us we are in Akwa Ibom once we crossed to cross Rivers State we see the difference. The urban planning of the city is a top touch, the beautifications is something else. The fact is that when we have professionals on top of the affairs they perform excellent, when we have dunce like Mohammadu Buhari who knows nothing about life apart from being a failed retired army general in the army not else good come out of his brain.
Let me clearify una on this, do you know that the master plan of Akwa Ibom state as it is today was designed by architect Obong Victor Attah the first democratic governor of the state? Whe he returned from Canada to take the position of the executive governor of the state in 1999, he came along with a construction company called Jardin Construction company all the way from Canada, most of you who have known where they call Ibom plaza, Ibom Plaza was designed by Obong Victor Attah and constructed by Jardin Construction and beautifications company, that was when we start seen the company planting trees and flowers across the city of uyo, that was when we start seen color street lights and gradually Uyo take it shapes to what they have today.
What am trying to tell you guys let's elect competent people, professional who can take a decision on the right directions without waiting for advisers for ideas. In a country that is full of professionals and professors of academic intellect being under the watch of a sick man who hardly comprehend changes around him. The mistake has been made, please may we not repeat it again. Another mad man has come out again from the same evil broom party. If you let go of your sentiments and reason on the right directions as human you all will realize that Bola Ahmed Tunibu has mental health issues and such man is not fit to rule over the affairs of Nigeria nation
Great piece .. People sometimes mistakenly take Attah shine to Akpabio lol .. but this is a reminder of who Attah was ..
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 8:26am On Jan 21, 2023
TheGiftedOne:
Edo has been making giant strides in this direction. Won't be surprised if they follow suit.
that’s great
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 8:26am On Jan 21, 2023
doggedfighter:
Uyo here I come .

💃🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Your welcome in advance

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 8:27am On Jan 21, 2023
Salary:

**When I see a pacesetter; I know one!!

And who is he?
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 8:28am On Jan 21, 2023
MICHEALADEX:
It will end up in tears

Organization with strong structure are still struggling not to talk of state that's struggling to manage teachers and waste management
The same way ibom air end in tears Abi.. I think you underrate people a lot..
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 8:32am On Jan 21, 2023
SmartPolician:
The entire value chain of Nigeria's energy mix (generation, transmission and distribution) has to be unbundled for us to experience significant progress in electricity.

Unfortunately, what Ibom Utility Company plans to do is not different from what Eko Electric, EDDC, PHEDC, etc, are currently doing. Nigeria has enough distribution companies. The areas we lag behind are generation and mostly transmission.

We generate over 10k megawatts and distribute a little over 4k megawatts because we don't have the necessary transmission infrastructure. According to findings, the excess power we aren't able to evacuate leads to national grid collapse.
Oga we have a power plant ( generating) what we wanted was distribution which also cover’s transmission.. you can’t distribute without transmission and this will dramatically improve Akwa Ibom electrification ok
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 8:32am On Jan 21, 2023
3pointsagree:
Udom means excellence

Ibom means success
I swear Udom is a visionary
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 8:33am On Jan 21, 2023
seeyounow:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry this is the right way to go. state distributing electricity
exactly
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 8:35am On Jan 21, 2023
bentenny:
As long as the constitutional laws surrounding generation,transmission and distribution remain unchanged,this will be another waste of resources just like the one in Lagos!
Any generation higher than 1mega watts will be taken to the national grid!
Secondly,you cannot generate,transmit and distribute power in areas that are covered by the national grid!
Read that piece again .. The Akwa ibom own is partial..
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 8:36am On Jan 21, 2023
SmartPolician:

Huncle, read how you introduced the company. It clearly shows it falls understand distribution.
Baba you can’t distribute without transmitting
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by SmartPolician: 8:41am On Jan 21, 2023
Ilaumoh:
Baba you can’t distribute without transmitting

You are displaying too much ignorance on this thread. Ask professionals in the field how the power business works in Nigeria.
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 9:05am On Jan 21, 2023
dochenaj:

If this is the case, why does the FG keep harping on generating more MW, when all generated power can't be transmitted.
no mind that guy.. when you distribute it’s covers transmission too
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 9:06am On Jan 21, 2023
ican2020:
Great one from the governor
ee try no noise and band
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 9:06am On Jan 21, 2023
SmartPolician:

You are displaying too much ignorance on this thread. Ask professionals in the field how the power business works in Nigeria.
me way post news wey you need the display ignorance.. Is it not better you vacate the thread ??
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by rolams(m): 9:08am On Jan 21, 2023
Haven't you heard of Ikeja electric before?
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 9:09am On Jan 21, 2023
Urchinpainer:

Akpabio built those plants!
wetin concern power plant Attah started and distribution approval Udom collected??
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 9:11am On Jan 21, 2023
Globad:
Congrats Akwa Ibom

Most parts of Akwa Ibom will soon have 24 hours of power
thats the plan
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 9:11am On Jan 21, 2023
techWriter3:
**When I know a stablemate; I know one!!
and who is he ??
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 9:13am On Jan 21, 2023
rolams:
Haven't you heard of Ikeja electric before?
Own by Lagos state government to solely distribute and transmit power within Lagos ??

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by rolams(m): 9:13am On Jan 21, 2023
Ilaumoh:

Own by Lagos state government to solely distribute and transmit power within Lagos ??

Go and read about it. Me I no know ooo.

But truth be told, it is not own by the state government. I was only joking.
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by bentenny(m): 9:31am On Jan 21, 2023
Ilaumoh:

Read that piece again .. The Akwa ibom own is partial..
Read my comment also...I am looking at states totally controlling the generating,transmitting and distribution mechanism of their state rather than the lopsided measures or the partial structure which serves only few people!
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 21, 2023
Justmesagi:
If you are so sure about the bolded, why didn't Lagos support autonomy for local government when some states houses, including states in the East, already voted for that? Can you explain the reason because sometimes, you seem to me like you are very close to Tinubu which expectedly is fueling your confidence.

Bruv, I don't do hearsay or unsubstantiated claims. I back up what I present so it is clear those are not my personal opinion but proven reality. If I say Obi failed woeful to tackle erosion then I will prove it.

In this case, and pertinent to the discussion, I can show how and when Tinubu innovatively created 37 LCDA's to kudos Universally, till today, because he saw what others could not due to his unflinching belief in the socio-economic gains to be had from autonomy for tiers of governance and the ethos of decentralized democracy that means resources and skills should be local to where needed and not in Abuja. See below.

Kindly give proof of anything you claim and we can inspect it because I have come to accept most critics of BAT are just ignorant and bigoted haters who want to make the crime fit the man by force. They don't mind doing this with false claims, lies and fake news.

Back what you say with credible links so we can judge issues dispassionately.

https://thenationonlineng.net/tinubu-gets-kudos-on-lcda-creation/

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Justmesagi: 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2023
Dsalvo:

Bruv, I don't do hearsay or unsubstantiated claims. I back up what I present so it is clear those are not my personal opinion but proven reality. If I say Obi failed woeful to tackle erosion then I will prove it.

In this case, and pertinent to the discussion, I can show how and when Tinubu innovatively created 37 LCDA's to kudos Universally, till today, because he saw what others could not due to his unflinching belief in the socio-economic gains to be had from autonomy for tiers of governance and the ethos of decentralized democracy that means resources and skills should be local to where needed and not in Abuja. See below.

Kindly give proof of anything you claim and we can inspect it because I have come to accept most critics of BAT are just ignorant and bigoted haters who want to make the crime fit the man by force. They don't mind doing this with false claims, lies and fake news.

Back what you say with credible links so we can judge issues dispassionately.

https://thenationonlineng.net/tinubu-gets-kudos-on-lcda-creation/
Here you have it sir. https://twitter.com/toluogunlesi/status/1593639644771618817?t=-e5KpKd894bZofS3Tn8FMQ&s=19

I know Tolu cannot pass wrong info that's why I prefer his reference.

You've always praised the Southwest leaders for demanding regional autonomy and credited Tinubu for his underground approval of such bold step.

Now, what will you say was the reason for saying no to LG autonomy in Lagos state, Tinubu's stronghold, and when APC his party is in power?

Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by OVB123: 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
Urheadmaster:
Governor Udom Emanuel has applied for it and it has been approved.

Other states should do the same tongue.
Goodnews from Akwa Ibom state. God bless Udom Emmanual, God bless Akwa Ibom state.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 1:08pm On Jan 21, 2023
rolams:

Go and read about it. Me I no know ooo.

But truth be told, it is not own by the state government. I was only joking.
ok
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Ilaumoh(m): 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2023
OVB123:
Goodnews from Akwa Ibom state. God bless Udom Emmanual, God bless Akwa Ibom state.
amen
Re: Akwa Ibom Become The First State To Get Approval To Distribute Electricity.. Pho by Jokanem(m): 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2023
The state is generating enough electricity and even distributing to other state. Akwa Ibom deserve it ✌️

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jigawa State Women Call On Tinubu To Come & Carry His Diapers After His Rally / What Really Does This Man Want From The President? / Tribunal Sacks Attah Of The Labour Party For Eti Osa Federal Constituency Of Lag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.