Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) (43122 Views)

West African Farm 'bootcamp' Gets Green Entrepreneurs Into Shape / Some Popular Species Of Chickens We Eat In Nigeria [PHOTOS] / Dry Season Yam Farm Due For Harvest By June 2018. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by ppogba: 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

The problem with you Nigerians is that you love to argue alot and you probably feel and think there's no country better than Nigeria. Perhaps you dislike SA.

It's a good thing you said "some parts of SA". Now tell us if Nigeria dey get light or not? I'm not even talking about which parts of Nigeria, I'm talking about Nigeria as a whole, where light dey 24/7, in a week, month without NEPA acting stupid due to your bad government? You think SA is Nigeria.

I'm very sure you have never been to SA before, I'm even more sure you have never been out of Nigeria before, so arguing with you is just stupid and senseless.

Bros, compare nigeria to Ghana first in terms of electricity let alone comparing it to a whole SA.

Thank you sir.
So much that you said but it will be a waste of time exchanging comments.

2 Likes

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by ahiboilandgas: 5:55pm On Jan 21, 2023
WannaHowzit:
A poultry farmer in the North West Province of South Africa says he is planning to put in a 1.5 million rand (40.5 million naira) claim against the electricity provider Eskom after power disruptions at his farm killed an estimated 40 000 to 50 000 of his flock.

Herman du Preez, owner of the Frangipani Boerdery in Lichtenburg, told News24 on Thursday that it was difficult to know the exact death toll, as chickens were still dying.

Problems began in mid-December when problems with a transformer prompted Eskom to connect the area to another line, he said, but there had been variations in the voltage that damaged equipment such as pumps and motors.

Problems came to a head on Monday night, when insufficient voltage resulted in the air conditioning at one of the farm's chicken houses to shut down, he said. The farm has about 550 000 chickens.

"I'm busy with my homework. I'm waiting for reports from my electrician," said Du Preez. Eskom technicians had visited the farm on Wednesday in order to turn up the voltage, said Du Preez, but he added that he was now concerned about a surge if Eskom ultimately restores the area's transformer.

"So that's the next disaster that's going to happen," he said.

The continuation of Stage 6 load shedding (planned powercuts) in 2023 has sparked fears that disruptions in the agricultural supply chain could push up already elevated food prices and even result in shortages. πŸ”š

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news24.com/amp/fin24/economy/see-farmer-to-put-r15m-claim-to-eskom-after-tens-of-thousands-of-chickens-killed-20230119
cat fish farm sharply.
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by ppogba: 5:57pm On Jan 21, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

Wetin SA be before? Oga get rid of your hatred and bitterness and see the development and awesomeness of SA. If SA no be abroad Wetin e be before? Na village e be before.

Comparing Nigeria to SA is plain stupidity. Oga compare Nigeria to Togo first, then Kenya, Uganda, Mali, let alone Ghana how much more SA.

Okay Sir.
Kindly go through my comment and ponder over where I compared SA with Naija.
You don't make unnecessary deductions when arguing.

1 Like

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by StrongAlphMale: 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2023
ppogba:

Thank you sir.
So much that you said but it will be a waste of time exchanging comments.

Bros, I have been to Johannesburg and Pretoria respectively.

Oga have you been to SA before? Yes or no?

You better stop arguing stupidly
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by ModCaller: 5:58pm On Jan 21, 2023
olayiwola4u:

Brother, you are thinking like an average Nigerian.

Have you been to South Africa to see what is obtainable there in terms of electricity?

Ogq there should be backup power supply in every critical system. The grid can fail at anytime.

You're the one talking like an uneducated person.

1 Like

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by ceaser: 5:59pm On Jan 21, 2023
ppogba:

Eskis sir.
SA having 24/7 power is a lie from the pit of hell. Now, most parts of SA have been on load shedding at least from the middle of last year. That is being modest.

Avail yourself of up to date news concerning Africa on BBC Africa Live daily.

I hope you would not argue further.

While it is true that SA have been on load shedding for quite sometime now, I will not entrust my whole repository of news and information in the hands of unrepentant colonialists who sees no way of propagating good news about their former colonies. The relationships they maintain with such colonies are not exactly borne out of sincerity if you must know. BBC is a British propaganda machine which is basically in favour of Britain.

Independent new sources abound in the social media space like you tube and Internet browsing. There you can get facts, usually unbiased about African affairs.
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by LadiesForever(f): 6:02pm On Jan 21, 2023
South African Chickens dey use AC when many nigrians no get good fan.

E go shock plenty people today

grin

2 Likes

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by Bbbwings: 6:04pm On Jan 21, 2023
The spirit of melanin is afflicting them in SA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by ppogba: 6:05pm On Jan 21, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

Bros, I have been to Johannesburg and Pretoria respectively.

Oga have you been to SA before? Yes or no?

You better stop arguing stupidly

If your argument is based on " been to " and not recent events, I am tempted to say you are the one arguing stupidly.
Perhaps, a simple search will cure and heal your ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by Bbbwings: 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2023
benco9426:
This is collateral damage, I guess this wouldn't have happened in Nigeria, because we already knows we don't have stable light, so having a generator set is sure... Sorry to the owner of the farm
This is how the abnormal becomes normal.
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by StrongAlphMale: 6:07pm On Jan 21, 2023
ppogba:

Okay Sir.
Kindly go through my comment and ponder over where I compared SA with Naija.
You don't make unnecessary deductions when arguing.

SA with a population of 60million people produces more than 50,000 megawatts. Nigeria with a population of 250million people produces less than 4,000 megawatts and yet you think the entire SA won't have steady power supply as compared to your dirty slum in Nigeria.

Bros, e sure me die say right now sef una no get light and yet u feel SA is in darkness?

Do you know in SA before the power supply goes off, it will be broadcast in news to inform that particular area or street that the electricity will go off at a certain time and Will be restored at a certain time as well? . That's the level of development Nigeria will never get to in 50 years time except una use una Head vote well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by StrongAlphMale: 6:08pm On Jan 21, 2023
ppogba:

If your argument is based on " been to " and not recent events, I am tempted to say you are the one arguing stupidly.
Perhaps, a simple search will cure and heal your ignorance.

Simple question u dey rant stupidly.

Oga have you been to SA before, yes or no?
Person wey don travel go SA before, you dey tell am make e go dey search online, Are you normal?
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by ppogba: 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
ceaser:

While it is true that SA have been on load shedding for quite sometime now, I will not entrust my whole repository of news and information in the hands of unrepentant colonialists who sees no way of propagating good news about their former colonies. The relationships they maintain with such colonies are not exactly borne out of sincerity if you must know. BBC is a British propaganda machine which is basically in favour of Britain.

Independent new sources abound in the social media space like you tube and Internet browsing. There you can get facts, usually unbiased about African affairs.

Thank God you agreed with me but dumping news gotten from the BBC totally because of the colonial past and propaganda does not take away the fact that some news in that medium concerning Africa are credible.
I will also let you know that it is not all about BBC alone. Take it or leave it, it is the whole of the western media. Do you think everything you read on The Economist or Wall Street Journal concerning Africa are credible? Far from it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by ppogba: 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

SA with a population of 60million people produces more than 50,000 megawatts. Nigeria with a population of 250million people produces less than 4,000 megawatts and yet you think the entire SA won't have steady power supply as compared to your dirty slum in Nigeria.

Bros, e sure me die say right now sef una no get light and yet u feel SA is in darkness?

Do you know in SA before the power supply goes off, it will be broadcast in news to inform that particular area or street that the electricity will go off at a certain time and Will be restored at a certain time as well? . That's the level of development Nigeria will never get to in 50 years time except una use una Head vote well

Update your self. I am not arguing based on patriotism.
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by Peterobifailed: 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:
Export them to Nigeria so Aboki suya can grill & resell to us at N7500 each.
ment or malaria
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by ppogba: 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

Simple question u dey rant stupidly.

Oga have you been to SA before, yes or no?
Person wey don travel go SA before, you dey tell am make e go dey search online, Are you normal?

You seem to be in love with the words " stupid', " stupidly' and stupidity.

I will stop my ranting if you can tell me how long is that your " been to '.

1 Like

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by Lordofalmajiri(f): 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2023
😳😳
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by StrongAlphMale: 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
ppogba:

You seem to be in love with the words " stupid', " stupidly' and stupidity.

I will stop my ranting if you can tell me how long is that your " been to '.

I'm done with you son. Quote me Whenever you travel out of Nigeria to sane countries to develop your IQ.
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by madjune(m): 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
ednut1:
Is there something wrong with the black race Since the blacks took over this country has been deteriorating slowly

You made a good observation.

Did you see what happened to Rhosesia, which later became Zimbabwe?

That's a typical example of how the black man wrecks an economy.
A black man knows nothing about building.
His lot is to enjoy, consume and destroy.

In few years time, you won't recognize South Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by SweetDipBenny(m): 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:
Nooooooo grin
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by Kizyte(m): 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2023
ppogba:

Is SA part of the abroad you are talking about?
If they have constant power supply, it's likely you won't see a generator shop.
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by ceaser: 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
ppogba:

Thank God you agreed with me but dumping news gotten from the BBC totally because of the colonial past and propaganda does not take away the fact that some news in that medium concerning Africa are credible.
I will also let you know that it is not all about BBC alone. Take it or leave it, it is the whole of the western media. Do you think everything you read on The Economist or Wall Street Journal concerning Africa are credible? Far from it.

Ha, those ones are even worse sef. I don't completely discard mews media from the far left, because doing so will also mean probably having a bias for news from far right, which means I'll be guilty of the same thing I'm accusing them of. So what I do is have balanced view from both sides, make my researches, sieve out the lies and grab the truths.

It will take sometime to forgive myself for totally falling for western propaganda and lies against Africa in times past. Moama Ghadaffi comes to mind. As an African, I believed he was a very evil man according to the narratives of Western media. Alas it too late now because a man who cared for his own people, eliminated poverty, developed his country and planned to bring the same mindset to Africa as a whole thereby reducing reliance of Africa on the west, was murdered by the same people who would want us to continue to giddy up to them.

Now Libya is a ghost of her former self and past glory.

1 Like

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by bnbash(m): 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:
We do not eat nor sell dead animals!
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2023
😒 😒 😒
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by adeniyi65(m): 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2023
gammarays1:

Nigerian bloggers na hell fire candidates πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

So I can use Emojis on nairaland πŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ’ƒπŸΎ
Let me try am too πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ 🐡🐡
Haba. An applause for Static Seun for this a step forward to digital world.
Seun chee6πŸ₯‚πŸ€©πŸ€© grin grin

1 Like

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by ppogba: 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2023
Kizyte:
If they have constant power supply, it's likely you won't see a generator shop.

IF is an " adverbial clause of assumption"
I am saying EMPHATICALLY that most parts of SA have been on load shedding for at least six months now. So, you can make the deductions yourself.
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by ppogba: 6:28pm On Jan 21, 2023
ceaser:

Ha, those ones are even worse sef. I don't completely discard mews media from the far left, because doing so will also mean probably having a bias for news from far right, which means I'll be guilty of the same thing I'm accusing them of. So what I do is have balanced view from both sides, make my researches, sieve out the lies and grab the truths.

It will take sometime to forgive myself for totally falling for western propaganda and lies against Africa in times past. Moama Ghadaffi comes to mind. As an African, I believed he was a very evil man according to the narratives of Western media. Alas it too late now because a man who cared for his own people, eliminated poverty, developed his country and planned to bring the same mindset to Africa as a whole thereby reducing reliance of Africa on the west, was murdered by the same people who would want us to continue to giddy up to them.

Now Libya is a ghost of her former self and past glory.

It has been nice exchanging few lines with you.

1 Like

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by ceaser: 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2023
madjune:

You made a good observation.

Did you see what happened to Rhosesia, which later became Zimbabwe?

That's a typical example of how the black man wrecks an economy.
A black man knows nothing about building.
His lot is to enjoy, consume and destroy.

In few years time, you won't recognize South Africa.

Actually it is all about the mindset, positive reinforcement of good behaviour and negative reinforcement of the opposite. World over, countries and continents are replete of very bad and corrupt rulers but the system is what plays the role.

Remember the EU prime minister who was accused of bribery and corruption with Qatar bid for the world Cup. The woman corruption story even spread tentacles reach Morocco in Africa sef. Actually nothing has been done to her yet, and maybe nothing will be done. Even Joe Biden and his son chop enter corruption allegations sef.

In contrast, we have had African leaders who had very promising leadership and were on the verge of breakthrough to taking their countries out of the path of decadence, from financial crises to prosperity, but they were all taken care of by the colonialists. They use methods which range from sponsoring of coups to outright assassination. Thomas Sankara was one. Mohammed Ghadaffi was one. Even Abiola of Nigeria that was poisoned was one of such. President's and leaders that are noticed to have their country's interest more than the interest of the west are usually endangered. Which is why I fear for the erstwhile Rwandan president because he may sooner or later be in the cross hairs of those people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by tonymyke4life(m): 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2023
Too bad. Na Ajebutter chicken b this one's. Come naija, our chicken no even send EPA
Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by ppogba: 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

I'm done with you son. Quote me Whenever you travel out of Nigeria to sane countries to develop your IQ.

It is wrong assuming everyone on Nairaland qualifies to be labeled " son".

Let us leave it at that.
But, for the sake of argument else where, (1) SA does not have 24/7 power now. (2) Most part of SA are experiencing load shedding now. (3) When people argue with fact against other African countries, it does not mean they are arguing based on sentiment or patriotism and (4) You would have been better off stating when your " been to" was or is.

1 Like

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by IamAsiri: 6:35pm On Jan 21, 2023
jeromestarks:
What a terrible loss.
If you didn't a marry virgin, your loss will/,is greater than the loss incurred by this unfortunate farmer.

Do not be unfortunate in life. MARRY A VIRGIN!

You are very correct! Goes for both genders though. If you are not a virgin, any lady that marries you is...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50,000 Chickens Die In South African Farm Due To Prolonged Powercut (Pictures) by osomegbe(m): 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2023
kernniejay:
That is a huge loss mehn! Such a massive poultry farm is supposed to have a stand-by generator or other alternative backup that is always ready to take over in case of an unexpected power outage.

They are not used to power cut. Max maybe 2 hours and it is restored.
Nigeria chicken don't even see the light

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos: My Catfish Pond / This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger / How To Start Snail Farming In Nigeria With Little Capital!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.