Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,883 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger (43185 Views)

The Plight Of Ginger Farmers In Southern Kaduna / How I Made Over A Million Naira Growing Pawpaw / Kaduna Dry Port Exports 5 Containers Of Ginger Weekly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 8:02am On Nov 27, 2023
Ginger is a major cash crop. It is produced majorly in Southern Kaduna. A small Ginger farm can turn the owner into a Millionaire. Ginger is in high demand within Nigeria and Abroad.

Most Ginger farmers own houses, Trucks, Cars and other investments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIRtEZj-AvU

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 8:04am On Nov 27, 2023
Ginger Farm

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 8:13am On Nov 27, 2023
Ginger Farm..

4 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Padipadi(m): 8:16am On Nov 27, 2023
LocalFARMERS:
Ginger is a major cash crop. It is produced majorly in Southern Kaduna. A small Ginger farm can turn the owner into a Millionaire. Ginger is in high demand within Nigeria and Abroad.

Most Ginger farmers own houses, Trucks, Cars and other investments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIRtEZj-AvU
Ginger is one of my favorite food ingredient. It also boost my sexual prowess.
So for men that want to over shag their mummy G.O, be drinking ginger. You ll turn her to olosho in the other room cos she go dey speak in strange tongues from ya bulala ballistics!
In Addendum;
More sales.
I still v my snake soup o. You should try it with palmy. It's delicious

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 10:19am On Nov 27, 2023
Padipadi:

Ginger is one of my favorite food ingredient. It also boost my sexual prowess.
So for men that want to over shag their mummy G.O, be drinking ginger. You ll turn her to olosho in the other room cos she go dey speak in strange tongues from ya bulala ballistics!
In Addendum;
More sales.
I still v my snake soup o. You should try it with palmy. It's delicious

Nice one.
But as for your Snake Soup, keep me out of it. Me wey dey fear Snake pass Lion grin

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Padipadi(m): 10:32am On Nov 27, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

Nice one.
But as for your Snake Soup, keep me out of it. Me wey dey fear Snake pass Lion grin
How do you confront snakes in ya farm?
Don't dey say hello once a while?
Especially some of your ex-girlfriends that has hoped you ll marry dem and they v served their spirit snake husbands breakfast to be with you but you sef come giddem breakfast after listening to Last Last by Burnaboy?
Can you kill a snake if one appeared in ya farm?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 6:32pm On Nov 27, 2023
Padipadi:

How do you confront snakes in ya farm?
Don't dey say hello once a while?
Especially some of your ex-girlfriends that has hoped you ll marry dem and they v served their spirit snake husbands breakfast to be with you but you sef come giddem breakfast after listening to Last Last by Burnaboy?
Can you kill a snake if one appeared in ya farm?

I run away cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Padipadi(m): 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2023
LocalFARMERS:

I run away cheesy
Chai!
Be a man. Use only hand to grab the snake.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 7:53am On Nov 28, 2023
Padipadi:
Chai!
Be a man. Use only hand to grab the snake.

Hmmm

7 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Kennyprince: 1:41pm On Nov 28, 2023
Where can one sell ginger ilon a large scale in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 10:05am On Nov 29, 2023
Kennyprince:
Where can one sell ginger ilon a large scale in Nigeria

The buyers will rush you.

10 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 7:05am On Nov 30, 2023
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 7:48am On Dec 01, 2023
Ginger farming is one of the most lucrative Cash crops to farm
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by safarifarms(m): 10:07am On Dec 01, 2023
LocalFARMERS:
Ginger farming is one of the most lucrative Cash crops to farm
I already have plans to plant it next year. I missed doing so this year.
1. When is the best time to buy it for planting purpose?
2. When is the best time to plant?
3. What is the appropriate plant spacing for ginger?
4. How many times do you need to weed?
5. How much does it sell for and what is the measuring unit?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by safarifarms(m): 10:11am On Dec 01, 2023
LocalFARMERS:
Ginger Farm..
What is the size of this farm that will produce over a million naira?

4 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2023
safarifarms:

I will respond to each of your question bellow

2 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2023
safarifarms:

Ginger harvest takes place around November. That is also the best period to buy and store the seeds for planting purpose.

8 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2023
safarifarms:

On the first rain of the raining season. We normally plant ours from April.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by safarifarms(m): 3:58pm On Dec 01, 2023
Thanks for the response to questions 1 & 2 so far.

LocalFARMERS:

I will respond to each of your question bellow
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2023
safarifarms:

I really dont know how i will illustrate this process for you via writing. Cause i am not a good writer.

We use a hoe and draw a line across the farm. Like a tiny ridges. We place ginger seedlings in the hole. Each ginger is placed close to each other. Then you creat another line with your hoe at about a foot away from the previous line. Then repeat the process of planting the Ginger seeds.

When you do this across the farm, then cover the Ginger with sand.
You will need to cut leafs from nearby Shrubs and Tress. Use the Leafs to cover the whole area where the Ginger was planted. This is to reduce the heat from the Sun from affecting the Ginger seeds.

The leafs will later serve as manure to the Ginger

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 4:09pm On Dec 01, 2023
safarifarms:

Ginger farm does not like Grass. You must keep weeds away from your Ginger farm.
These days, there are harbicide you can apply on your Ginger farm and it will kill off weeds in your farm.

6 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 4:19pm On Dec 01, 2023
safarifarms:

This is the interesting part.
Ginger price fluctuate year in year out. But you can never sell at loss. Ginger is packaged in small bags, compaired to Grains.

There was a year a bag of Ginger was sold for 120k. That means, if you have 10 bags, you are 1.2 million naira richer.

You can harvest between 15 to 50 bags when you farm on 200feet by 200 feet piece of land.

Note:
The output of your harvested Ginger will be determine by the location of the farm, manure/fatilizer and how you weed your farm.

11 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2023
Keep your Ginger free from weed and have a bumper harvest grin

2 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by safarifarms(m): 5:16pm On Dec 01, 2023
You've done a great job. Thank you very much. Please do you know an effective selective herbicide for ginger?

LocalFARMERS:

Ginger farm does not like Grass. You must keep weeds away from your Ginger farm.
These days, there are harbicide you can apply on your Ginger farm and it will kill off weeds in your farm.

5 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by safarifarms(m): 5:18pm On Dec 01, 2023
Your description is excellent and it's quite similar to the recommended spacing I read somewhere before.

Thank you very much.

LocalFARMERS:

I really dont know how i will illustrate this process for you via writing. Cause i am not a good writer.

We use a hoe and draw a line across the farm. Like a tiny ridges. We place ginger seedlings in the hole. Each ginger is placed close to each other. Then you creat another line with your hoe at about a foot away from the previous line. Then repeat the process of planting the Ginger seeds.

When you do this across the farm, then cover the Ginger with sand.
You will need to cut leafs from nearby Shrubs and Tress. Use the Leafs to cover the whole area where the Ginger was planted. This is to reduce the heat from the Sun from affecting the Ginger seeds.

The leafs will later serve as manure to the Ginger

2 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2023
safarifarms:
Your description is excellent and it's quite similar to the recommended spacing I read somewhere before.

Thank you very much.

You are welcome

1 Like

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2023
safarifarms:
You've done a great job. Thank you very much. Please do you know an effective selective herbicide for ginger?

There are variety of special Ginger herbicide out there. Just walk to any Agricultural Herbicide store in a major Market close to you. Remember, i said "major market".

When you visit such stores, they will show you the most reliable herbicide for Ginger farm.

3 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Alberttahir: 10:15pm On Dec 01, 2023
Can ginger be cultivated In southwest part of Nigeria?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by safarifarms(m): 9:28am On Dec 02, 2023
Thanks.
LocalFARMERS:

There are variety of special Ginger herbicide out there. Just walk to any Agricultural Herbicide store in a major Market close to you. Remember, i said "major market".

When you visit such stores, they will show you the most reliable herbicide for Ginger farm.
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2023
safarifarms:
Thanks.

You are welcome
Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by LocalFARMERS: 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2023
Alberttahir:
Can ginger be cultivated In southwest part of Nigeria?

I dont know about South West. Ginger is selective. In the North for instance, it is not every State that you will find Ginger farm.

The reason is because, some Soil type does not suit Ginger Farming. But you can try this on your Farm. Plant some few Ginger on small portion of your farm during the next farming season.

This is strictly for experiment sake. Monitor the Ginger till the end of the next farming season. If your Ginger produce well, that means your farm and Soil type is suitable for Ginger Farming.

19 Likes

Re: This Ginger Farm Will Produce Over A Million Naira Worth Of Ginger by Alberttahir: 2:40pm On Dec 03, 2023
Ok. Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely do that.
LocalFARMERS:

I dont know about South West. Ginger is selective. In the North for instance, it is not every State that you will find Ginger farm.

The reason is because, some Soil type does not suit Ginger Farming. But you can try this on your Farm. Plant some few Ginger on small portion of your farm during the next farming season.

This is strictly for experiment sake. Monitor the Ginger till the end of the next farming season. If your Ginger produce well, that means your farm and Soil type is suitable for Ginger Farming.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Start Snail Farming In Nigeria With Little Capital! / My Pap Making Business Story. / Plantain Suckers With Rapid Growth, Early Fruiting, And High Yield Potential

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.