Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,998 members, 7,835,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? (1126 Views)

Frank Mba Proposed As CP Of Ogun State Not Lagos (Official Letter) / Why Is Borno State Not Paying VAT? (Photos) / Killers Of Two Hausa Settlers In Rivers State Not IPOB ― Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Odibembem: 6:15am On Jan 21, 2023
The peers of Delta State at least in the South South in the area of huge revenue are Rivers and Akwa Ibom States. All three States have been PDP States but while Akwa Ibom and Rivers has witnessed huge infrastructural developments due to visionary and development minded governors, Delta has been stuck in the middle ages. Just compare what Okowa is doing presently with the giant strides of Nyesom Wike and Udom Emmanuel. Delta residents seem to be aware of this hence their resolve to punish Okowa in Feb by voting Peter Obi enmass. But ask them who they are voting for gov and they will scream "Sherified". Same Sheriff that is Okowa's imposition? Ask them what's the legacy of Sheriff, what has he done greatly in the past and what do u think he will do to make Delta great and they will tell you he is friendly and will allow money to flow around. Such is their mindset. Why did their love for Obi not energize them to look for a very credible candidate to fly the governorship flag in Labour Party? No one in Delta has ever mentioned the name of LP guber candidate if at all he exists. Why have so much passion for Obi without same passion for his down ticket? Are Deltans so comfortable with mediocrity? In the event that Obi fails to win in Feb cos of votes from other regions, shouldn't Deltans elect their first non traditional party governor as a consolation and warning that henceforth they are demanding development? Who do Deltans this strong thing??

1 Like

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Creamypie(m): 6:21am On Jan 21, 2023
Odibembem:
The peers of Delta State at least in the South South in the area of huge revenue are Rivers and Akwa Ibom States. All three States have been PDP States but while Akwa Ibom and Rivers has witnessed huge infrastructural developments due to visionary and development minded governors, Delta has been stuck in the middle ages. Just compare what Okowa is doing presently with the giant strides of Nyesom Wike and Udom Emmanuel. Delta residents seem to be aware of this hence their resolve to punish Okowa in Feb by voting Peter Obi enmass. But ask them who they are voting for gov and they will scream "Sherified". Same Sheriff that is Okowa's imposition? Ask them what's the legacy of Sheriff, what has he done greatly in the past and what do u think he will do to make Delta great and they will tell you he is friendly and will allow money to flow around. Such is their mindset. Why did their love for Obi not energize them to look for a very credible candidate to fly the governorship flag in Labour Party? No one in Delta has ever mentioned the name of LP guber candidate if at all he exists. Why have so much passion for Obi without same passion for his down ticket? Are Deltans so comfortable with mediocrity? In the event that Obi fails to win in Feb cos of votes from other regions, shouldn't Deltans elect their first non traditional party governor as a consolation and warning that henceforth they are demanding development? Who do Deltans this strong thing??
as I take hate APC for federal, na so I hate PDP for delta state. am a deltan

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by VinnyBaba: 6:48am On Jan 21, 2023
Deltans are presented with 2 Evils.

*Sheriff Oborevwori (PDP) who is the Stealing Partner of Governor Okowa. undecided

*Omo-Agege (APC), a Jaguda Politician who Might also Steal. sad

But Omo-Agege seem a Better Option. He will do Well in terms of Infrastructure!

But you see Sheriff, Dat Man is a Property Grabber and Crazy Looter He will Finish Delta State KpataKpata!. embarassed sad

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Passionnn: 6:56am On Jan 21, 2023
We value politics over governance
Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Perfectbeing(m): 7:08am On Jan 21, 2023
If Tinubu had governed Delta and developed it, his haters would say it's because Delta is a rich State and an oil producing State that's why.. They'd say, even a stick can develop Delta because of its wealth.

But look at Delta today.
The keke HQ of Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by brain54(m): 7:13am On Jan 21, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Deltans are presented with 2 Evils.

*Sheriff Oborevwori (PDP) who is the Stealing Partner of Governor Okowa. undecided

*Omo-Agege (APC), a Jaguda Politician who Might also Steal. sad

But Omo-Agege seem a Better Option. He will do Well in terms of Infrastructure!

But you see Sheriff, Dat Man is a Property Grabber and Crazy Looter He will Finish Delta State KpataKpata!. embarassed sad
Is ogboro not contesting?

Anyway when the question of worst state in terms of infrastructure comes up people are quick to point accusing fingers at kogi state and others. But I think delta state is at the apex, especially considering the huge amount it receives from the FG and what it generates on its own.

But the really sad part is that the state doesn’t seem to have a good candidate who will deliver and take her to the heights and pinnacle she deserves. Especially considering the intelligence and resourcefulness of the people.

It’s a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by robinso01(m): 7:13am On Jan 21, 2023
Sometimes I'll want to argue that delta is not part of South south but middle belt or north east. The state is lagging behind in all things.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by hisgrace090: 7:31am On Jan 21, 2023
Lack of quality mental capacity maybe responsible.
You cant give what you dont have the reason the citizens always makes wrong choice of leaders.
Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by CrownOfClay724: 7:40am On Jan 21, 2023
Sandwiched between Anambra and Edo, one would think they would borrow a leaf from those states even though Delta is far richer.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by SadiqBabaSani: 7:48am On Jan 21, 2023
CrownOfClay724:
Sandwiched between Anambra and Edo, one would think they would borrow a leaf from those states even though Delta is far richer.
how can you even be mentioning Edo in Development?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by SadiqBabaSani: 7:52am On Jan 21, 2023
Dear Op, My beloved Delta State has been met with misfortune of having fraudulent politicians who seem to celebrate mediocrity so much you would not know what development is untill you compare with Rivers, Akwa Ibom etc.

Okowa is a failure and trust me when Sherifs wins it will be worst, Sherif is like Fayose, man can vibe with the masses, he has street credibility. But Zero Development antecedents.

In Isoko as where I come from, If you speak against Okowa his looting Machine in Desopadec called Askia Ogieh will send his online goons after you

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Abfinest007(m): 8:14am On Jan 21, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Dear Op, My beloved Delta State has been met with misfortune of having fraudulent politicians who seem to celebrate mediocrity so much you would not know what development is untill you compare with Rivers, Akwa Ibom etc.

Okowa is a failure and trust me when Sherifs wins it will be worst, Sherif is like Fayose, man can vibe with the masses, he has street credibility. But Zero Development antecedents.

In Isoko as where I come from, If you speak against Okowa his looting Machine in Desopadec called Askia Ogieh will send his online goons after you
agege will win Delta state go and write it down

1 Like

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Foolishbuhari: 8:21am On Jan 21, 2023
brain54:

Anyway when the question of worst state in terms of infrastructure comes up people are quick to point accusing fingers at kogi state and others. But I think delta state is at the apex, especially considering the huge amount it receives from the FG and what it generates on its own.

But the really sad part is that the state doesn’t seem to have a good candidate who will deliver and take her to the heights and pinnacle she deserves. Especially considering the intelligence and resourcefulness of the people.

It’s a shame!
Ogboru unfortunately doesn't seem serious

1 Like

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Odibembem: 8:23am On Jan 21, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:

I can say I live in both Delta and Edo States; I reside in one and an indigene of the other. Edo witnessed massive infrastructural development between 2008 and 2017, that's during and just after the Oshiomhole years while Anambra also did very well during that period under Obi, Delta being sandwiched between both states learnt nothing and forgot nothing. You cannot even pin point to a phase when Delta did well in infrastructure. It has always been times of mediocrity and shame. Today it glorifies itself as the Keke capital of Nigeria. In Asaba you can build your house at the center of the road and town planning won't bother stopping you or pulling it down, when they want to construct their third rate roads they will simply turn round the house for fear of demolishing it. Thats why you have so many closes in Asaba Capital territory, roads terminating in houses. What infrastructural development takes place with no town planning, when govt is not ready to exercise it's authority as govt? Perhaps many Deltans don't travel out much to cities outside the state hence they are satisfied with what the ruling class of Ibori-Uduaghan-Okowa has given them and so are willing to continue with Sheriff. In Benin, Oshiomhole fell d fence of CBN, a powerful federal agency even as an opposition gov to take land to expand Akpakpava road, he fell the fence of federally owned Post office to take land to expand Airport road and even d very reverred Omonoba of Benin had to voluntarily cede part of the palace land for him to expand Airport Road. Who are u to build a house in the road or street of Benin? Oshiomhole would bring it down. Delta needs such people as governor who pursue infrastructure so passionately without "looking Uche face". For now none in the horizon and it's so sad cos most of the residents don't even know, they are shouting "Sherified".

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Qatar2022: 8:23am On Jan 21, 2023
Perfectbeing:
If Tinubu had governed Delta and developed it, his haters would say it's because Delta is a rich State and an oil producing State that's why.. They'd say, even a stick can develop Delta because of its wealth.

But look at Delta today.
The keke HQ of Nigeria.
Name infrastructure Tinubu start and finish it in Lagos? Developer my foot

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Afamed: 8:24am On Jan 21, 2023
Each time , I visit Delta State and also visit Ebonyi state. I wonder what kind of political leaders they have in Delta state.

Ebonyi without 13% derivation with one of the lowest allocation from Fg. They have left Delta state behind in terms of development / infrastructure. It seems Deltans are comfortable with the Keke economy they run over there .

The fact that, James Manager has been representing Delta south since time immemorial speaks volume

The only Senator/ politician that has footprints in Delta is Omo Agege

11 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Afamed: 8:27am On Jan 21, 2023
Qatar2022:

Do you know Oregun road now Kudirat Abiola road?

Do you know Abraham Adesanya Housing Estates?

Ask your elders, who built Igando General Hosp

10 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by CrownOfClay724: 8:46am On Jan 21, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:

Obaseki took it a century back.

I left during Oshiomole ; then, very few states in Nigeria could compete with the developmental strides going on in Edo.

Laid back, yes!
But remove ABJ, GIdi, Kaduna and Kano, Anambra and Uyo, Jos, Calabar, and Enugu and I will say nowhere else comes close in the whole Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Odibembem: 8:55am On Jan 21, 2023
Qatar2022:

We are not here to market or attack Tinubu. The issue here is the failure of governance in Delta State, let's stick to it. What really is the problem with Delta? Is it that the people don't demand good governance? Perhaps PDP knows head or tail the people have no choice but to keep voting them? PDP has Delta mumu button?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by brain54(m): 9:02am On Jan 21, 2023
Foolishbuhari:

Ogboru unfortunately doesn't seem serious
Why is this…?

Can you share your reasons for saying so?
Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by VinnyBaba: 9:04am On Jan 21, 2023
Perfectbeing:

But look at Delta today.
The keke HQ of Nigeria.

Stop Hyping Tinubu Plz or any Lagos Governor Plz sad

With Lagos Being the Economic and Entertainment HQ of Nigeria, Every Governor is Bound to Perform! undecided

Back to ur Question, James Ibori Developed our State in his Tenure,
Same with Emmanuel Uduaghan who Renovated Govt primary and Secondary schools Across the state, Organised the Transport system, etc..

It is this Kpomor Lips man, Ifeanyi Okowa dat Ruined the state. angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by VinnyBaba: 9:08am On Jan 21, 2023
brain54:

It’s a shame!

Ogboru is now BROKE. embarassed
He has Spent all his Fortunes pursuing his Guber Ambition.

But Personally, I will Vote for him. smiley

In Reality, Omo-Agege is NOT too different from Sheriff! sad

1 Like

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:10am On Jan 21, 2023
Abfinest007:
agege will win Delta state go and write it down
The mace snathcer?
Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:11am On Jan 21, 2023
Afamed:
Each time , I visit Delta State and also visit Ebonyi state. I wonder what kind of political leaders they have in Delta state.

Ebonyi without 13% derivation with one of the lowest allocation from Fg. They have left Delta state behind in terms of development / infrastructure. It seems Deltans are comfortable with the Keke economy they run over there .

The fact that, James Manager has been representing Delta south since time immemorial speaks volume

The only Senator/ politician that has footprints in Delta is Omo Agege
Omo agege because he is in Apc? Delta is far developed than Ebonyi.
Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Afamed: 9:32am On Jan 21, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:

When Last did you visit Ebonyi State?

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Afamed: 9:35am On Jan 21, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Stop Hyping Tinubu Plz or any Lagos Governor Plz sad

With Lagos Being the Economic and Entertainment HQ of Nigeria, Every Governor is Bound to Perform! undecided

Back to ur Question, James Ibori Developed our State in his Tenure,
Same with Emmanuel Uduaghan who Renovated Govt primary and Secondary schools Across the state, Organised the Transport system, etc..

It is this Kpomor Lips man, Ifeanyi Okowa dat Ruined the state. angry

The question you should ask yourself. Why has Rivers state left Delta State behind ? You practice mediocrity in that your Delta state, hence the only thing working in Delta state is Keke economy

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by LILTJAY: 9:37am On Jan 21, 2023
SS is underdeveloped tongue
Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by brain54(m): 9:42am On Jan 21, 2023
Afamed:

The question you should ask yourself. Why has Rivers state left Delta State behind ? You practice mediocrity in that your Delta state, hence the only thing working in Delta state is Keke economy
I agree with you…

In fact most states have left delta behind.

The last governor they had in that state was Ibori even though Ibori had his own flaws!

Okowa seems to be the worst in the line of succession…

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Afamed: 9:49am On Jan 21, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:

Come to Kano and Kaduna states, without oil money , they have left you behind in Delta state.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by brain54(m): 9:56am On Jan 21, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
If you even know how much delta earns as revenue you would not even compare the two…

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Odibembem: 10:00am On Jan 21, 2023
brain54:

T

It’s a shame!

Ogboru brings nothing to the table. Even when he is speaking, he doesn't inspire confidence that he would do some great things. He is a perennial contestant, contested every guber election since 2003 like a man imprisoned by his own ambition. He has accumulated so much political IOUs and perhaps financial debts that should he be governor, servicing those IOUs and debts would ground governance. He is no longer an option at this stage. Delta dominates in every other decor be it banking, oil and gas and entertainment but in Politics, Delta is a neophyte

1 Like

Re: Why Is Delta State Not Ready For Development? by Qatar2022: 10:37am On Jan 21, 2023
Odibembem:

We are not here to market or attack Tinubu. The issue here is the failure of governance in Delta State, let's stick to it. What really is the problem with Delta? Is it that the people don't demand good governance? Perhaps PDP knows head or tail the people have no choice but to keep voting them? PDP has Delta mumu button?
Mugu I'm asking this question because of what he said

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC Speaks On Fuel Scarcity: Tinubu Had Woken The Sleeping Giant / Anambra: Dr Maduka Warm Up 4 Ellu P-soludo Is About To Be Thrown Out / Yesterday Has Showm What Igbo Yoruba War Will Look Like.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.