Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. (2344 Views)

Laravel Nairaland Corner -- Post Any Laravel Code Issues, Get Solution For FREE / How To Hack Bank Account In Nigeria In 30 Minutes / How Can I Replicate This In Bootstrap? (2) (3) (4)

CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Devdevdev(f): 9:27am On Jan 21, 2023
I'm very very confident in my vanilla CSS skills and I want to put it to public scrutiny.

Challenge me by posting a screenshot of any UI from any website or any figma design of your choice and I will replicate that design in 30 minutes, for desktop and for mobile view. I'll post my design as well as the CSS code.

I'll use just vanilla CSS. No framework, no Javascript and no external libraries..
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Devdevdev(f): 9:27am On Jan 21, 2023
Let the challenge begin.
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Tim1212(m): 9:34am On Jan 21, 2023
You can replicate this

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Devdevdev(f): 9:51am On Jan 21, 2023
Tim1212:
You can replicate this

Just saw this now. Give me 30 minutes.
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by JsScript: 10:36am On Jan 21, 2023
Devdevdev:
I'm very very confident in my vanilla CSS skills and I want to put it to public scrutiny.

Challenge me by posting a screenshot of any UI from any website or any figma design of your choice and I will replicate that design in 30 minutes, for desktop and for mobile view. I'll post my design as well as the CSS code.

I'll use just vanilla CSS. No framework, no Javascript and no external libraries..

Alright, try this out, just the UI

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Maxxim: 10:55am On Jan 21, 2023
Lol, devdev don vex
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by majesticguy: 11:10am On Jan 21, 2023
Devdevdev:

Confused here. Please isn't Vanilla CSS a framework on its own??
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by majesticguy: 11:17am On Jan 21, 2023
JsScript:

Men this UI no be here oo. For me, It can be done, but no be 30 minutes something. I'd need time to think and articulate.

If OP pulls the exact replica of this in 30 minutes, then he's very good.
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by majesticguy: 11:30am On Jan 21, 2023
Here, try this. I'd need an animation on the burger, i want it slightly tilting or moving left and right.

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Devdevdev(f): 11:40am On Jan 21, 2023
majesticguy:

Confused here. Please isn't Vanilla CSS a framework on its own??

No. Vanilla css is pure css without any framework or library
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Devdevdev(f): 11:42am On Jan 21, 2023
Tim1212:
You can replicate this

Finished it.

I used pictures of Genevieve Nnaji, Lota Chukwu and Queeneth Hilbert as the photos.

The node thing in your background is an svg and i dont have it. But i pretty much got everything else spot on.

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Devdevdev(f): 11:50am On Jan 21, 2023
majesticguy:
Here, try this. I'd need an animation on the burger, i want it slightly tilting or moving left and right.

I need the image of the burger. Do you have it?
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by majesticguy: 11:59am On Jan 21, 2023
Devdevdev:

I need the image of the burger. Do you have it?

No, just look for something similar.
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by majesticguy: 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2023
Devdevdev:

No. Vanilla css is pure css without any framework or library

Alright, thanks for the clarification.
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by majesticguy: 12:03pm On Jan 21, 2023
Devdevdev:

Finished it.

I used pictures of Genevieve Nnaji, Lota Chukwu and Queeneth Hilbert as the photos.

The node thing in your background is an svg and i dont have it. But i pretty much got everything else spot on.

Nice one. But I think the image is lacking box shadows.

And observe carefully, box shadow for the first and second image are the same, while the last image's box shadow is quite different from the rest.
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Devdevdev(f): 12:06pm On Jan 21, 2023
majesticguy:

And observe carefully, box shadow for the first and second image are the same, while the last image's box shadow is quite different from the rest.

I didn't even notice the box shadow on the images.

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Devdevdev(f): 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
I'm almost done with the second challenge, but as you can see my battery is low. I'll finish when I charge my laptop.

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Tim1212(m): 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2023
majesticguy:

Not even that, the gradient are not the same.
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Devdevdev(f): 2:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
JsScript:

Just finished this.

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Devdevdev(f): 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2023
For those expecting me to get the colors 100%, you guys are funny. I may have the time to test my css skills with your challenges, but i sure as hell don't have the time to test all the millions of color combinations to find the exact color you want. Usually in production, the design team provides those.

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Devdevdev(f): 2:26pm On Jan 21, 2023
By the way, I have only been learning CSS for 2 months.

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Devdevdev(f): 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
Tim1212:

Not even that, the gradient are not the same.

Lol, you couldn't even give any positive response, only complaint. I did that in under an hour, without any prior design info provided. Yet it is better than the nonsense you and your diib team spent weeks making. Look how ugly the UI in the website in the link below looks, like it was made in 1997. People like you have no right to talk rubbish. Biko puor nuzo.

You want to teach Machine Learning, Data Science, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence, when you cant teach ordinary html and css. Rubbish!

https://www.nairaland.com/6258720/take-look-portfolio-website-designed

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by kennethfranc(m): 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2023
Devdevdev:

Lol, you couldn't even give any positive response, only complaint. I did that in under an hour, without any prior design info provided. Yet it is better than the nonsense you and your diib team spent weeks making. Look how ugly the UI in the website in the link below looks, like it was make in 1997. People like you have no right to talk rubbish. Biko puor nuzo.

You want to teach Machine Learning, Data Science, Robotics and Artificial Intelligence, when you cant teach ordinary html and css. Rubbish!

You really tried... Here's mine though I spent close to 2.5hrs

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by daHcKR: 3:21pm On Jan 21, 2023
Devdevdev would like to jump onboard with a startup?

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Tim1212(m): 3:43pm On Jan 21, 2023
Devdevdev:

Lol, you couldn't even give any positive response, only complaint. I did that in under an hour, without any prior design info provided. Yet it is better than the nonsense you and your diib team spent weeks making. Look how ugly the UI in the website in the link below looks, like it was made in 1997. People like you have no right to talk rubbish. Biko puor nuzo.

Bro am no longer with diib, but the fact you use a female gender on Nairaland is quite annoying.

I can show you my recent project. You can't just take correction.

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by majesticguy: 4:02pm On Jan 21, 2023
Devdevdev:
I'm almost done with the second challenge, but as you can see my battery is low. I'll finish when I charge my laptop.

WOW! Kudos....Ji si Ike.
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by majesticguy: 4:05pm On Jan 21, 2023
kennethfranc:

You really tried... Here's mine though I spent close to 2.5hrs

It's ok bro, nice job. I think I'd spend the same time you did in trying to replicate the UI.

Although your font size and family seems kinda a little out of place, when compared to the original UI. Devdevdev got that aspect to perfection. You can ask him for his font family and font size.

Also, your shadows are very off, no offense.
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by LikeAking: 4:06pm On Jan 21, 2023
Devdevdev:

Kudos!

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by kennethfranc(m): 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2023
majesticguy:

It's ok bro, nice job. I think I'd spend the same time you did in trying to replicate the UI.

Although your font size and family seems kinda a little out of place, when compared to the original UI. Devdevdev got that aspect to perfection. You can ask him for his font family and font size.

Also, your shadows are very off, no offense.
I knew you'd spot that 🤗🤗
Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by funnix: 4:32pm On Jan 21, 2023
Devdevdev:
For those expecting me to get the colors 100%, you guys are funny. I may have the time to test my css skills with your challenges, but i sure as hell don't have the time to test all the millions of color combinations to find the exact color you want. Usually in production, the design team provides those.

Mext time,just double click on your chrome browser and click on inspect .on the console by your right and side you will see styles.
Click on the color or background color to get a color picker,drag it on to the image color on your chrome browser. It will give you the color code

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 21, 2023
Devdevdev:

Hmm nawao.
Is this reply not too harsh for that guy's comment.

If another person replied you this way you'd pick offense immediately.

He just said the colours didn't match. grin

Re: CSS Challenge: Post Any UI And I'll Replicate It In 30 Minutes. by Devdevdev(f): 5:15pm On Jan 21, 2023
majesticguy:

I just finished this. I had issues finding a burger image that matched the one in your photo, and in the end I just settled for this one. As a result, I had to redesign the page to match the background color of my burger so it wouldnt look out of place. Honestly, I just added my own taste to the project.

Best 2016 Online Business---- / How Do I Convert Photo To Html Code ? / Are There Any Json, Rss Or Xml Feeds For Nairaland?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50