Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,432 members, 7,836,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ (1099 Views)

Naval Rating Arrested Over Nengi Enenimiete's Death In Bayelsa Hotel / Fake Naval Rating Arrested In Lagos. / What We’re Doing To Officers Involved In Live Footage Killing Of Citizen–custom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ by eddie7: 4:35pm On Jan 21, 2023
I SELL STOLEN CARS TO OFFICERS– ‘Naval Rating

*A 50-year-old naval rating, Oyewole Femi, who is the head of a car snatching syndicate that operates in Lagos and its environs, has confessed to selling most of the stolen cars to senior naval officers.*

The suspect, alongside three others, Joshua Adeleke (41), Kabiru Ismaila (38), and Ukpabi Bright Ikechukwu (39), was arrested by the police.

Oyewole, who claimed to be serving at the headquarters of the Western Naval Command, said, “I am a serving naval officer attached to the headquarters of the Western Naval Command, Naval Base, Harbour Road, Apapa. I am the leader of a car snatching gang. I have served in the Nigerian Navy for 22 years. I have been arrested for similar offences by the police. I have also received more than 15 units of vehicles from members of my gang.

“In 2016, I was handed over to the Western Naval Command when the police discovered that I am a serving naval officer for necessary disciplinary action.

“I was subsequently arrested alongside Joshua Adeleke and Kabiru Ismaila for a similar offence by operatives of the defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) in 2019, where seven units of vehicles were recovered from me.

“I was handed over to naval authorities for necessary disciplinary action, while Joshua and Kabiru were prosecuted.”

When asked why he was allowed to go, the suspect said, “No disciplinary action was taken against me because some of the receivers of the stolen vehicles are top officers in the Nigerian Navy.”

On his part, Joshua Adeleke admitted snatching many vehicles along with Ismaila and that all the cars were handed over to Oyewole who sold them off.

He said, “Oyewole is our financier. It’s based on his instructions that we go out to steal cars, after which we hand them over to him.

“We have sold over 25 vehicles to Oyewole Femi. He buys them for ridiculous prices such as N100,000 and N150,000. He pays us the money in bits; at times N40,000 and at times N80,000. We sold the recent gold Toyota Camry 1999 model with registration number MUS 499 AM to him for N100,000.”

The Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) in charge of Zone 2 (Lagos and Ogun states), Adeyinka Oyeleke, while parading the suspects, said he got intelligence information on December 20, 2022, that a gang of car snatchers robbed a victim of a gold Toyota Sienna and sold same to one of their buyers and that the zone swung into action and arrested the suspects.

Meanwhile, the spokesman of the Western Naval Command, Commander Edward Yeibo, told our correspondent on the phone that the command was only aware that Oyewole was arrested as a receiver of stolen vehicles.

He said, “It’s a lie from the pit of hell. No serving senior naval officer will buy a stolen vehicle because they know the implications.”

*Source:* https://dailytrust.com/i-sell-stolen-cars-to-officers-naval-rating/
Re: I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ by emnite(m): 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2023
Fh
Re: I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ by gaby(m): 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2023
Oya, begin name them one by one..

We need to see pictures of them too.
Re: I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ by Nigeriafirstlad(m): 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
Meanwhile, the spokesman of the Western Naval Command, Commander Edward Yeibo, told our correspondent on the phone that the command was only aware that Oyewole was arrested as a receiver of stolen vehicles.

He said, “It’s a lie from the pit of hell. No serving senior naval officer will buy a stolen vehicle because they know the implications.”

Mumu spokesman.....why not do your internal investigation before conclusion.

1 Like

Re: I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ by eddie7: 5:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
Nigeriafirstlad:

Mumu spokesman.....why not do your internal investigation before conclusion.

I hope his words don't turn around to hunt him
Re: I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ by VeryWickedGoat: 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2023
eddie7:
Oyewole Femi

Re: I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ by eddie7: 5:33pm On Jan 21, 2023
[quote author=VeryWickedGoat post=120258050][/quote]

You know him? angry grin grin
Re: I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ by Ybholy(m): 8:33pm On Jan 21, 2023
Spokesman shaa know what’s up and this case go for like that.

They’re currently doing underground calls
Re: I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ by epondudu: 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
[quote author=VeryWickedGoat post=120258050][/quote]
Why are you pained? Atleast the officer that arrested him is a Yoruba man

The Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) in charge of Zone 2 (Lagos and Ogun states), Adeyinka Oyeleke, while parading the suspects, said he got intelligence information on December 20, 2022, that a gang of car snatchers robbed a victim of a gold Toyota Sienna and sold same to one of their buyers and that the zone swung into action and arrested the suspects.
Re: I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ by kereman1: 10:36pm On Jan 21, 2023
Greetings from NAME CHECKERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA,

after thorough scrutiny and investigation, we have come to the conclusion that all REGION IS DULY REPRESENTED,
But after further investigation, we discover that a region has a higher number of representatives.

1 Like

Re: I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 22, 2023
That navy personnel is cursed.
Re: I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ by Patriotsleague: 7:55pm On Jan 22, 2023
What a shame on Nigerian navy.
Re: I Sell Stolen Cars To Officers– ‘naval Rating’ by OGwales(m): 4:26am On Jan 24, 2023
Afonja with ndigbo mindset. Lagos na wa

(1) (Reply)

Disaster: Igbo Dominated Market In Maiduguri ... / Nigerian Landlady Beats Up Tenants Wife With Soldiers / VIDEO: Man Gives Assassins The Shock Of Their Lives With His Shooting Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.