Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? (3843 Views)

Police Tie Robber Released From Prison & His Gang Caught With Guns / Beggar Arrested With Guns In Lagos (photo) / Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Chemlite: 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
I'm a bit astonished seeing our uniform men with guns wrapped with cellotape, if not all, almost 99.1%. I always look away till I was asked by my neighbour's 5yrs old daughter.

I promise to give her reply. What's the use of it?

Your input will be a great relieve.

1 Like

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by hopeforcharles(m): 6:26pm On Jan 21, 2023
Chemlite:
I'm a bit astonished seeing our uniform men with guns wrapped with cellotape, if not all, almost 99.1%. I always look away till I was asked by my neighbour's 5yrs old daughter.

To hold double cartherage of bullets incase they came face to face with action shooters they will not run out of bullets in time.
2 is better than 1🤣🤣

37 Likes

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Septagon: 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2023
hopeforcharles:

To hold double cartherage of bullets incase the came face to face with action shooters they will not run out of bullets in time.
2 is better than 1🤣🤣
thought their jackets have spaces for extra magazines?or they really like appearing local?neva seen a foreign police or soldier with that kind of nonsense

9 Likes

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Chemlite: 6:45pm On Jan 21, 2023
Septagon:
thought their jackets have spaces for extra magazines?or they really like appearing local?neva seen a foreign police or soldier with that kind of nonsense
[color=#006600]

I'm surprised even
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Kosoco(m): 7:13pm On Jan 21, 2023
Chemlite:

Well its a global practice in State of relative peace I guess

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by hopeforcharles(m): 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2023
Septagon:
But Many Nigerian Police officers don't wear full combatant wear which has extra space for magazines/bullets.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Ybholy(m): 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2023
For holding double cartridges or triple

For color identification: like naija police do add yellow, green & blue

Sars kinda get different colors. They add red tapes on top the normal yellow, blue green around their double cartridge. Bigger guns too 😂

Omo, that tape, some na their juju 🤣🙂🤣 make nobody quote me o

Note: Nairaland accepts outside smileys now. Thanks Seun 🫡🙌

5 Likes

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Ikaeniyan0: 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2023
Is for holding double magazines. Is fast to replace an empty magazine to the one filled with bullets during a firefight.

3 Likes

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by laivwire(m): 9:37pm On Jan 21, 2023
There's no time to be trying to remove another magazine from your pocket in the heat of a gunfight. The magazines can even fall off in your struggle for cover or tactical maneuvers. It's a lot quicker to switch magazines by flipping out the spent one and fitting the new one in seconds.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by erad(m): 10:43pm On Jan 21, 2023
Septagon:

This response shows you are not here for enlightenment but to bash the NPF as usual.
Someone willing to get answers won't be so rash and jump into conclusions.

10 Likes

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by faithfull18(f): 10:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
Previous commenters have said it all, no special use asides holding more than one magazine together for easy swapping.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Septagon: 11:05pm On Jan 21, 2023
erad:

This response shows you are not here for enlightenment but to bash the NPF as usual.
Someone willing to get answers won't be so rash and jump into conclusions.
I'm not here to get answers.i Know the answers already
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Chemlite: 11:25pm On Jan 21, 2023
laivwire:
There's no time to be trying to remove another magazine from your pocket in the heat of a gunfight. The magazines can even fall off in your struggle for cover or tactical maneuvers. It's a lot quicker to switch magazines by flipping out the spent one and fitting the new one in seconds.

Thanks, I've learned something new.
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by TheChameleon: 11:26pm On Jan 21, 2023
And I think it has to do with the grip.
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Chemlite: 11:27pm On Jan 21, 2023
You guys are wonderful, I'm grateful.
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:32am On Jan 22, 2023
Chemlite:
You guys are wonderful, I'm grateful.

I no like the feeling wey I get, I dey suspect you o. 🤐
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Househelp(m): 12:49am On Jan 22, 2023
laivwire:
or bullet can touch it and you can't use it again
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by erad(m): 2:54am On Jan 22, 2023
Septagon:
I'm not here to get answers.i Know the answers already

Now that you've been shown that it's a standard field practice all over the world, don't you feel stupid?

2 Likes

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Rik500k(m): 7:06am On Jan 22, 2023
Imagine a Nigerian police officer in roadblocks roads, not navy or army officer for that matter, parading an AK 47 rifle, consisting of 3 extra magazines cellotaped together . I was wondering what type of war is going on in the town for a police man to parade such armoury in a city of less than a million people, meanwhile everybody knows where terrorists, bandits and kidnapper's are ravaging and where such is moostly needed
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Gadafii: 7:11am On Jan 22, 2023
I don see where sars officers use cell tape hold like three gun magazines together grin

Shey you Dey whine me ni 😭😭🤣

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Septagon: 8:12am On Jan 22, 2023
erad:

Now that you've been shown that it's a standard field practice all over the world, don't you feel stupid?
standard field practice?cos of some pics of third world soldiers?it seems u don't know anything about military.thats who to use as standard.post pictures of American, Britain's, France, Germany and the rest.not some eastern Europe soldiers that are in the same mould like nigeria

2 Likes

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by adecz: 8:20am On Jan 22, 2023
Mainly to hold extra magazines of
bullets, since you can't just put the
extra magazines in your pocket.

But again, there should be special tactical vests to hold the magazines, but you know
Nigerian authorities won't purchase them.

Ordinary bullets sef, are in short supply😐

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by erad(m): 8:30am On Jan 22, 2023
Septagon:
standard field practice?cos of some pics of third world soldiers?it seems u don't know anything about military.thats who to use as standard.post pictures of American, Britain's, France, Germany and the rest.not some eastern Europe soldiers that are in the same mould like nigeria

Are you this slow?
You have the internet at the tip of your fingers and you are still this slow?
People won't keep 'spoonfeeding' you information just to massage your misplaced ego, I definitely won't.
Do your due diligence or keep swimming in the filth of your ignorance, the choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by erad(m): 8:32am On Jan 22, 2023
adecz:

Mainly to hold extra magazines of
bullets, since you can't just put the
extra magazines in your pocket.

But again, there should be special tactical vests to hold the magazines, but you know
Nigerian authorities won't purchase them.

Ordinary bullets sef, are in short supply😐

It's not taped for the sake of the extra magazine, it's taped for rapid exchange of magazines. There's a difference.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Silentgroper(m): 8:34am On Jan 22, 2023
Septagon:
Ours are not properly combat trained...
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Silentgroper(m): 8:38am On Jan 22, 2023
laivwire:
Have u nt seen how d foreigners do theirs with speed while being in a certain retreat position...
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by KingMack(m): 8:51am On Jan 22, 2023
Shey you dey whine me niii🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆😆

1 Like

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by adecz: 9:55am On Jan 22, 2023
erad:

It's not taped for the sake of the extra magazine, it's taped for rapid exchange of magazines. There's a difference.

In a practical situation, so you don't
know that a clumsy arrangement of
extra magazines on the gun can interfere
with your tactical efficiency, maneuverability
and aim❓

How far is your waist from the gun that you you can access rapidly❓ The time it
takes to unwind and unravel the sellotape
will give the enemy opportunity to
blow out your stubborn brain.

You are displaying typical Nigerian
ignorance and shortcutism ☹️
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jan 22, 2023
It’s called “jungle style”. Security agents use the tape to hold multiple magazines together so they can easily change magazines on the battlefield. Foreign militaries do it, particularly the British and the Americans, and that’s where Nigerians learned it from.

But the stuff comes with its own problems, like increasing the weight and height of the gun, which makes it hard to shoot when lying down, causing weight imbalances, which leads to the front of the gun being heavier than the back, and causing dust to enter the ammo upside-down, which may cause it to jam when it is inserted into the gun.

That’s why many foreign militaries have moved away from it and provided easy-to-access jackets for their men instead. Many foreign militaries also moved to smaller ammo and lighter and shorter rifles, which will become imbalanced, inaccurate, and unpractical if a solider or police officer ever tapes two ammo together. But Nigerian security agents still do it anyway since their weapons are heavier. Besides, most rarely move around with more than two ammo, so they just tape them together, even when they have a jacket to hold the other ammo.

Besides, the jackets are not standardized since our security agencies buy from anyone. So if a police officer or soldier trains with one kind of jacket, what happens when he is given another kind of jacket to the battlefield? That becomes a problem since he needs to know where the ammo is and should be able to remove it from the jacket, without looking, which is difficult when you use different kinds of jackets.

I should add that many overdo it to look cool, like the pictures of those SARS guys up there. The taped ammo on their guns has no practical use and could endanger their lives in a gunfight. They can't shoot those weapons while lying down. It is bad practice to use colored tapes too since it could give off their position to the enemy. Black tape is always the best. Taping more than two ammo together also makes the gun super-heavy, which will make it inaccurate.

The standard taping method is to have the magazines side-by-side with one facing up and the other facing the ground. Another method (which is the better one) is to have both facing up, but you'll need to put something in between them, maybe a small, light piece of wood, so that both magazines do not touch. Some magazines even come with clamps these days to allow soldiers and police attach magazines side-by-side. Security agencies could buy clamps too and use them to hold the mags together.

I've attached two images below of a German Police Officer with two magazines held together with clamps. The first photo shows it from the side and the second pic gives you a better angled view of the bullets (ammo) inside the second magazine. The weapon is a Heckler & Koch MP5 submachine gun.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by laivwire(m): 10:32am On Jan 22, 2023
Silentgroper:
Have u nt seen how d foreigners do theirs with speed while being in a certain retreat position...
Of course they are better trained but they still strap 2 or 3 magazines together. They also pack more ammo just in case. When you are in a warzone you will definitely run out of ammo when you are on autofire with each magazine carrying just about 30 rounds. The speed of reload can be the difference between life and death.
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Houseofglam7(f): 10:45am On Jan 22, 2023
👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by erad(m): 11:12am On Jan 22, 2023
adecz:

In a practical situation, so you don't
know that a clumsy arrangement of
extra magazines on the gun can interfere
with your tactical efficiency, maneuverability
and aim❓

How far is your waist from the gun that you you can access rapidly❓ The time it
takes to unwind and unravel the sellotape
will give the enemy opportunity to
blow out your stubborn brain.

You are displaying typical Nigerian
ignorance and shortcutism ☹️

Thought I was dealing with only one slow person, obviously you guys have come here to roost.
Who said anything about unraveling the 'cello tape'?
The magazines are arranged in opposite direction of each other. All he needs to do is remove the spent magazine, turn it in the opposite direction and load the second magazine.

You're talking about accuracy.
Why can't you guys just stick to topics you know something about rather than argue blindly?
SMH.

PS: it's not a crime to be wrong or not know about something.
Rather than arguing stupidly, do some research and try to learn. We have all this technology and you're still this ignorant, it's a shame really.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashion School In Benin City Edo State ---excel Fashion School / Graphic Photo:22yrs Old Lady Raped In Church / Man, 33, Caught Having S*x With Girl, 16, Inside Uncompleted Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.