Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,166 members, 7,845,834 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 35. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding What Faith Is. Part 35. (137 Views)

Message To The Church Part 35 / Why Faith Is Delusional / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding What Faith Is. Part 35. by PastorSomba(m): 8:35pm On Jan 21, 2023
UNDERSTANDING WHAT FAITH IS. Part 35.

Galatians 3:10-11 (KJV) "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith."

35. Faith could not be revealed in the old testament because the law being not of faith produced curses instead of blessings. Under the law you must keep the whole law in order to be blessed. The law comprised of moral, ceremonial, traditional and customary laws. The law is also made up of the mosaic covenant, commandments, statutes, ordinances and judgements of God. Under the law you are obligated to keep all. You cannot pick and choose which to obey or which one is convenient for you to obey. If you obey some and fail in one you have failed the whole law, you are a law breaker and you are under a curse for not keeping the law. Hence it was impossible for righteousness to come through the law and it was impossible for anyone to be justified before God through the law or justified to be blessed through the law.

The law therefore was unable to make anyone or anything perfect including the sacrifices since it was impossible to keep the whole law. Being imperfect it was could not be of faith and could not generate faith in them that heard it. Instead of faith it generated condemnation in them that heard it because hearing the law or performing those sacrifices and rituals of the law was a constant reminder to the people that they were sinners and that they were unable to keep the law. The more they heard the law, the more condemned and sinful they felt and became. The condemnation which the law brought destroyed the conscience of the people as their conscience constantly convicted them of their sins every time they heard the law. Only the new testament was able to take away the condemnation and purge our conscience from all the dead works of trying to please God through the law. These inadequacies produced more and more condemnation in those that heard the law. And even today anyone who goes back to the law to seek holiness, righteousness or perfection will suffer the same thing.

The bible says 2Corinthians 3:6-17 (KJV) "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. 7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious. 12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: 13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: 14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. 16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. 17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

The law instead of ministering the Spirit of the word of God, ministered the letters of the word to the people who heard it. Instead of giving the people life the law killed them slowly. Instead of the law ministering life it became a ministeration of death and condemnation. This was so because the law could not minister to the spirits of men but to their flesh. Grace be with you. Exodus 20:1-26; 2Kings 17:36-38; Galatians 2:16; 3:1-3; 5:3; James 2:10-11; Hebrews 5:8-9; 7:11-19; 9:9-15; 10:1-10; Romans 8:1-11;

If you need healing the bible says in Matthew 8:17 that Jesus Himself took all our sicknesses and diseases. Therefore you can receive your healing now by faith in the name of Jesus. Just lay your hand on the affected area of your body and say this prayer. Father God in the name of Jesus I believe that Jesus died for my healing. I believe He took all my sickness and diseases on the cross. If He took them, then I cannot have them. Therefore I resist and I reject every sickness in my body and I confess Jesus today as my healer and I receive my healing now. Thank you Jesus that I am healed. 1Peter 2:24; Ps 107:20.
Now begin to do what you couldn't do before because of the sickness. You are healed in Jesus name.

Heaven is real, Hell is real. Jesus is coming very soon. Judgement Day is coming. But you can become a born again child of God today. The bible says If you shalt confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him from the dead, you shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12.

Say this prayer: Father God have mercy on me. I come to you today in the name of Jesus. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died for me. I believe that you raised Him from the dead for my salvation. I accept Jesus in my heart today and I confess Him today as my Lord and Saviour. Thank you Father that today I am saved In Jesus name.

If you prayed the prayer of Salvation, pls go to a nearby bible believing Church in your area, so you can grow in the grace of our Lord Jesus. Grace be with you. To Jesus be all the glory.

(1) (Reply)

In The Light Of Truth: Thou Shalt Keep The Sabath Day Holy! / Be Warned ⚠️ The Will Of The Masses Must Prevail / Here Are Ways To Judge Prophecies And Know Fake From True Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.