Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Will Chatgpt and Other AI Take Your Job? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Will Chatgpt and Other AI Take Your Job? (201 Views)

Will Chatgpt Change The Way We Think And Do Things? / The Rise Of Intelligent Machines – How Would AI Take Over The World? / Will AI Take Over My Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will Chatgpt and Other AI Take Your Job? by Unyione: 5:33am On Jan 22, 2023
If you prefer to watch videos, click here https://youtu.be/hA3aeq9496E

Ever since the industrial era began, man’s desire for mass production, speed and ease has only gone but gone up. From the mechanisation of farming to textile production, speed has been the name of the game.
Businesses have doubled down on technology in a bid to do more with less and increase profits while reducing costs, but all that innovation has not come without its own downsides.
Just like the widespread use of machines in the industrial revolution led to significant job loss for many manual labourers, the introduction of artificial intelligence may mean the that a wave of job losses are coming.
With the birth of this era, and the introduction of the OpenAI’s ChatGPT, the question becomes even more potent: will AI take your job?
Nigeria may be far behind technologically so many people may never need to worry about this. Even though the fact is that AI is gradually coming for the world.

OpenAI was founded in December 2015 by Elon Musk and friends. The company was started with the goal of advancing artificial intelligence in a responsible and safe manner, with the intention of making sure that the benefits of AI are shared with all of humanity. On the 30th of November, 2022, OpenAI released a ground breaking technology: ChatGPT.

ChatGPT is a large language model developed by OpenAI that is trained on a massive dataset of conversational text. It is designed to generate human-like text in response to prompts, and can be used for a variety of natural language processing tasks such as language translation, text summarisation, and question answering. (This answer was provided by ChatGPT itself).
Basically, ChatGPT has been trained to give you answers on any topic just like a highly educated professional on that topic would.
So since I’m a software engineer, I asked ChatGPT to write a binary search sample code and you can see a snippet of what it wrote in the picture (I couldn't capture everything in one picture).

ChatGPT is getting trained to work in content creation, customer service, e-commerce, healthcare, finance and education already. So, if you work in this industries, you may already consider yourself to be under the radar of one powerful AI.

However, it is worthy of note that since the industrial revolution, job loss has always been one of the results of technological advancement. But one thing that most people fail to see is that massive job creation also happens. Basically, the way work is done just changes, and there will be a need to up-skill to meet up with the new requirements.

If you like this post, kindly consider subscribing to my YouTube channel where I publish weekly content on tech, business and personal development.

https://www.youtube.com/@coinlabs_

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Emefiele Working For? / How To Prevent Phone Hacking And Protect Your Cell Phone From Hackers / Galaway Extender Setup Issue | How To Fix It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.