Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,380 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders (20145 Views)

Wike Donates N500 Million To Sokoto To Support Rebuilding Of Central Market / Wike Donates Transport Vehicles To Nigeria Correctional Service Rivers State / Wike Donates N100 Million For The Scholarship Of Children Of Dead Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by AtorKelly(m): 9:22am On Jan 22, 2023
Gov Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, has donated a whopping N200 million largesse to traders affected by the on-going remodelling works at the Ariaria International Market, Aba, Abia State.

This was disclosed yesterday by Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu during while inspecting the progress of works at the A-Line section of the market.

He explained that his Rivers State counterpart expressed his sympathy and support to the traders who were displaced as a result of the ongoing work.

Describing Wike as a dependable friend who has stood by him and Abia people, Ikpeazu explained that he had informed the Governor about the ongoing work and he pledged N200 million to assist the traders re-acquire their shops after the reconstruction.

He commended the contractor handling the remodeling works, Blessed Henken International Company, for working in line with specifications and interpreting the government’s vision for the market and urged him to increase the pace of work to ensure early completion.

Ikpeazu explained that the quality of remodelling work at the market has vindicated his interventionist move to remodel Ariaria market after more than 40 years to make it a true international market.

The Governor who also donated N100 million to the traders explained that the donations are for the first 600 original shop allottees to enable them recommence business. Ikpeazu also said he was working hard to complete the new Government House Umuahia before leaving office in May.

“Yesterday, I inspected a brand new government house in Umuahia. The Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu administration is the one that will bequeath a new Government and remodeled A-line in Ariaria International market to the state.

” I take regular visits to inspect projects where I spend money. You need to put speed but don’t compromise quality because my people deserve the best.

“I told my friend, the Governor of Rivers State, Barr. Nyesom Wike, that I’m going to visit Ariaria traders. He was aware that Ariaria international market is being remodelled.

” I have friends who can assist my people and one of them is Gov. Wike. He gave me a message for Ariaria traders. The message he asked me to deliver is that he will pay N500, 000 each for 400 original allottees who are affected by the remodelling works at the market.

“What this means is that he gave N200 million to the concerned traders. The contractor will have to deduct it from the money to be paid for shops by the traders.

“Yesterday, I also approved some money to the traders. I approved the sum of N100 million. This money will also be deducted from the money to be paid for the shops.

“What the two donations mean is that the 600 traders have paid N500, 000 each for the shops. The traders will soon pack in and they will have money to do business. The remodeling of A-line in Ariaria market is almost completed.

“We have also done Faulks (Ariaria) road and we are committed to making life pleasurable for Ariaria traders.

“I will also help the traders to complete their secretariat and commission it. For those who are coming to campaign at Ariaria market, ask them what have they done to assist you?

” Let them provide evidence of what they have done. Don’t allow them to come and deceive you with their sweet tongue and fake promises. 2023 is the time to show full working.

First Vice Chairman of Ariaria International Market, Chief Goddy Udunna , who spoke for the executives of the market, commended the Governor for the asphalting of Faulks road and the remodeling works which has changed the face of the market.

Earlier, some of the affected traders, Obi Collins and Chiabuto Anaba, lauded Ikpeazu’s efforts in remodelling the market and for his various road projects.

They pledged support for his senatorial bid.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/01/wike-donates-n200-million-to-ariaria-traders/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by id911(m): 9:23am On Jan 22, 2023
Donatus try...at least e don dey get sense. E don donate to North tire but Tambuwal wey enjoy pass dribble am.

Mr Donatus, pls come to Akwa Ibom and donate, we want follow enjoy small here.

82 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by gidgiddy: 9:26am On Jan 22, 2023
Wike must pay dearly for Obigbo

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by ratilokper: 9:29am On Jan 22, 2023
Vote buying lipsrsealed
Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by Ahmed0336(m): 9:29am On Jan 22, 2023
gidgiddy:

Wetin dey your mind?

You can't do wike shitttttt, take that to the bank.

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by Owontime: 9:29am On Jan 22, 2023
id911:
Donatus try...at least e don dey get sense. E don donate to North tire but Tambuwal wey enjoy pass dribble am.

Mr Donatus, pls come to Akwa Ibom and donate, we want follow enjoy small here.
Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by Owontime: 9:30am On Jan 22, 2023
Da kpong mkpo ado....ooooo😂😂🤣🤣🤣

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by shegzhkn: 9:31am On Jan 22, 2023
Where did he see that kind of money??, Don't come for me just answer the question.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by JASONjnr(m): 9:32am On Jan 22, 2023
Dude saved so much for the election.....He thought he'd be the preferred candidate and was ready to battle out for a win with Tinubu....

But now, he has to be releasing the monies in bids ....

God will help this country when we make the right choice to bring in Peter Obi....

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by Cyberterror: 9:32am On Jan 22, 2023
The haphazard manner Wike is fritting away Rivers state resources that would have paid civil servants and pensioners their unpaid dues is why they have decided to vote for Jagaban Tinubu and Tonye Cole for President and Governor respectively, to recover all Rivers money in Sokoto, Benue, Abia, Cross River and the ill-fated PDP convention in Abuja. APC will sweep Rivers state clean in the coming election.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by Emmanuella00(f): 9:32am On Jan 22, 2023
₦200 million 😳
How come?

2 Likes

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by Ahmed0336(m): 9:51am On Jan 22, 2023
Cyberterror:
The haphazard manner Wike is fritting away Rivers state resources that would have paid civil servants and pensioners their unpaid dues is why they have decided to vote for Jagaban Tinubu and Tonye Cole for President and Governor respectively, to recover all Rivers money in Sokoto, Benue, Abia, Cross River and the ill-fated PDP convention in Abuja. APC will sweep Rivers state clean in the coming election.

Sacarsm right? Jagaban ke undecided

Even if you say this to tinubu he wouldn't agree with your assertion.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by TimFisher2: 9:58am On Jan 22, 2023
gidgiddy:

Who will pay for the souls of my people that was murdered by IPOB army branch unknown gunmen ?

Who will pay for them?

The number of my people been killed and their business going down by this useless sit at home by IPOB Mazi Simon Ekpa is now more higher than Fulani bandits herdsmen

Let their blood fall on top of your head...you won't live to experience youthful age as your army of barbarians has decided to cut their lives short.

Amen!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:08am On Jan 22, 2023
The money wey no go reach the traders

1 Like

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by gidgiddy: 10:11am On Jan 22, 2023
TimFisher2:

Who will pay for the souls of my people that was murdered by IPOB army branch unknown gunmen ?

Who will pay for them?

The number of my people been killed and their business going down by this useless sit at home by IPOB Mazi Simon Ekpa is now more higher than Fulani bandits herdsmen

Let their blood fall on top of your head...you won't live to experience youthful age as your army of barbarians has decided to cut their lives short.

Amen!

Simon Ekpa is not, and has never been a member of IPOB, and IPOB has never killed anybody

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by owobokiri(m): 10:13am On Jan 22, 2023
gidgiddy:
He messed up there and he seems to have come to the realization lately that outside the South East, most of them from the South South are on their own politically. The events around that infamous PDP convention, together with tribally charged political moves of Gov Tambuwal, played some roles in teaching Wike some real lessons about the importance of having your neighbor by your side.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by TimFisher2: 10:17am On Jan 22, 2023
gidgiddy:

Simon Ekpa is not, and has never been a member of IPOB, and IPOB has never killed anybody

I know that's what you will say?

You have denied Simon Ekpa. So who are the murderers killing our people, enforcing sit at home and causing abominable sacrilege on our land.

And how will Gov Wike pay for his sins...Tell me I want to know?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by Pascalloyd(m): 10:23am On Jan 22, 2023
TimFisher2:

Who will pay for them?

Amen!
Point of correction, nobody knows Simon Epka in the South East. Simon Epka is not a member of IPOB and can never be. Simon Epka was brought out by the federal government to destabilise the South East and blame it on IPOB. No one takes Simon Epka serious, we only hear about him on the Social media.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 22, 2023
Great

Be ya brothers keeper
Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by Osariemen12: 11:11am On Jan 22, 2023
Good.

When is he donating to my good people of Edo State.

Thank you so much for helping us root out APC from Osadebe House.

1 Like

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by TimFisher2: 11:29am On Jan 22, 2023
Pascalloyd:
Point of correction, nobody knows Simon Epka in the South East. Simon Epka is not a member of IPOB and can never be. Simon Epka was brought out by the federal government to destabilise the South East and blame it on IPOB. No one takes Simon Epka serious, we only hear about him on the Social media.

Let IPOB visit you Amen

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by Asgard13: 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2023
Wetin e go change ?
Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by meolaniyi(m): 12:10pm On Jan 22, 2023
Igbos will never forget the massacre of Igbo people in Rivers state by WIKE

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by nony43(m): 12:11pm On Jan 22, 2023
After he was dribbled by Tambuwal his brain don reset.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 22, 2023
sweet development
Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by nony43(m): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2023
TimFisher2:

Who will pay for them?

Amen!

Just shut up.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2023
This Rivers money sha. Does it mean he has solved every Rivers person's problems?

2 Likes

Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by tiswell(m): 12:14pm On Jan 22, 2023
grin
Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by Houseofglam7(f): 12:15pm On Jan 22, 2023
👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯👩🏽‍🦯
Re: Wike Donates ₦‎200 Million To Ariaria Traders by Goodlady(f): 12:15pm On Jan 22, 2023
Kini kawa shesi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Dennis Idahosa A Potent Force In Edo 2024 Governorship Race / Muhammad Abdullahi Abubakar Arrives From Lebanon In A Private Jet. Photos / Bomb Blast At Military Checkpoint In Biu, Many Feared killed - Mezie Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.