Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,969 members, 7,810,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? (2280 Views)

Enemy Within: Between Aniomas & Ikwerres / Urhobos:orogun Urhobos Turning To Ndokwa. / Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by garfield1: 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2023
I think it is the urhobos.they inhabit 8 lgas that are thickly populated,inhabit half of warri south lga and parts of patani and bomadi...
The delta igbos inhabit 9 lgas which are sparrlsely populous and are not indigenous to any other lga in delta central or south .
The ijaws inhabit 30% of warri north lga,warri sw lga and burutu,bomadi and patani...

Cc mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nplfmod
Tutudesz
Aiel123
Ogidigbodigbo
Kennyprince
Ovisfranko
Efewestern

3 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by PlayMaker14: 1:23pm On Jan 22, 2023
You'll be in far away Rumokoro giving inaccurate analysis about Delta State.

8 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by Jogs1900: 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2023
The Urhobo are more and they are the real Deltans.

1 Like

Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by Phoen1X: 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2023
PlayMaker14:
You'll be in far away Rumokoro giving inaccurate analysis about Delta State.
UMUOKORO ,...you can correct it later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by sapele914(m): 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2023
garfield1:
I think it is the urhobos.they inhabit 8 lgas that are thickly populated,inhabit half of warri south lga and parts of patani and bomadi...
The delta igbos inhabit 9 lgas which are sparrlsely populous and are not indigenous to any other lga in delta central or south .
The ijaws inhabit 30% of warri north lga,warri sw lga and burutu,bomadi and patani...

Cc mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nplfmod
Tutudesz
Aiel123
Ogidigbodigbo
Kennyprince
Ovisfranko
Efewestern
Urhobo Wado.
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by dat9jaguy(m): 1:32pm On Jan 22, 2023
The Uhrobos are the majority tribe in Delta state.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by SadiqBabaSani: 1:38pm On Jan 22, 2023
Thread created in bad taste, to cause unnecessary bad blood betwen Deltans.

One thing about Tinubu supporters is that brand of wicked politics they call sophistication, politics of bitterness etc.

As for your mischievous thread,
Delta is mostly populated by Urhobos.

Then the Igbos (aldo some hate to be referred to as igbos)

Then Ijaws, Itshekiri, then my people the Isokos

unfortunately, The Isoko are a

10 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by tutudesz: 1:51pm On Jan 22, 2023
Uhrobos are the largest ethnic group in Delta, follow by Delta North tongue but the most populated Senatorial zone is Delta North
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by spy24(m): 1:59pm On Jan 22, 2023
I am from Delta but questions like this can cause divisiveness but I'll assume you are asking just for information purpose.

Uhrobos are much more in numbers,

Delta is such a unique state, we have put tribalism on the back burner in that state.

I think Nigeria should come and learn from us
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by SadiqBabaSani: 2:01pm On Jan 22, 2023
spy24:
I am from Delta but questions like this can cause divisiveness but I'll assume you are asking just for information purpose.

Delta is such a unique state, we have put tribalism on the back burner in that state.

hes not asking for information, hs intent is to cause bad blood. Very wicked party with 👿 antics

10 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by SadiqBabaSani: 2:03pm On Jan 22, 2023
spy24:

Tell them. Hardly you find a multi ethnic state been orderly like Delta. but We are lagging behind Akwa ibom and Rivers in Infrastructural and human development indicators

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by sageb: 2:23pm On Jan 22, 2023
garfield1:

Cc mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nplfmod
Tutudesz
Aiel123
Ogidigbodigbo
Kennyprince
Ovisfranko
Efewestern

Urhobos are the largest tribe in Delta state.
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by sageb: 2:27pm On Jan 22, 2023
Phoen1X:
UMUOKORO ,...you can correct it later.

There is nothing like Umuokoro in Port Harcourt/Obio Akpor axis.
It is Rumuokoro

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by Aiel123: 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2023
tutudesz:
Uhrobos are the largest ethnic group in Delta, follow by Delta North tongue but the most populated Senatorial zone is Delta North
How sure are you on delta north being the most populated senatorial district?
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by tutudesz: 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2023
Aiel123:

How sure are you on delta north being the most populated senatorial district?
Very sure
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by leofab(f): 3:02pm On Jan 22, 2023
If you split the igbos of delta into their three sub distinctive tribes then urhobos are the largest tribe in delta but if they come together as one tribe then they are the largest..

4 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by Aiel123: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2023
tutudesz:

Very sure
Electoral wise? Or census?
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by SodiumValproate: 4:32pm On Jan 22, 2023
Please what is Aniomas?
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by BloomingDale(f): 4:55pm On Jan 22, 2023
SodiumValproate:
Please what is Aniomas?

Mostly refers to the collective indigenous ethnic groups in Delta North.
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by Paulheyman: 5:06pm On Jan 22, 2023
garfield1:

Cc mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nplfmod
Tutudesz
Aiel123
Ogidigbodigbo
Kennyprince
Ovisfranko
Efewestern

You're scared. I understand. The people one day will have to let go of bad leaders and if the time is now, blessed be God
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by SodiumValproate: 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2023
BloomingDale:

Mostly refers to the collective indigenous ethnic groups in Delta North.
Thanks
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by Cantonese: 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2023
SodiumValproate:
Please what is Aniomas?

The Igbo people of Delta state are referred to as Anioma people.

Anioma means good land.

3 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by tutudesz: 6:06pm On Jan 22, 2023
Aiel123:

Electoral wise? Or census?
Population wise.
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by gidgiddy: 6:10pm On Jan 22, 2023
garfield1:

Important to note that there is no tribe called "Anioma"
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by Aiel123: 7:30pm On Jan 22, 2023
tutudesz:

Population wise.
Ok.
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by OvisFranko: 9:06pm On Jan 22, 2023
Urhobo is the largest ethnic group in Delta State. We are the sole indigenous people of Delta Central Senatorial district, where the following major Delta State cities/towns are situated: Effurun, Ekpan, Jeddo,Osubi, Okuokoko, Ugbomro, Sapele,Ughelli,Abraka, Oghara ,Ovwian-Aladja,Orhuwhorun,DSC Township,Agbarho and the popular Bomadi Junction along East West Road( that axis is part of Uwheru Kingdom of Ughelli North LGA).

The Urhobos are also indigenous people of Delta South Senatorial District- the major Urhobo towns in this axis of Delta State are : Agbassa ( where the popular Igbudu market is situated. Edjeba ( where Delta Broadcasting Station and former SPDC Yard now NPDC yard are located) is also an Agbassa town.

The popular Deco Road/Robinson Plaza in Warri and Okumagba Avenue are all Urhobo towns in Delta South Senatorial District.

The other Urhobo communities in Delta South Senatorial district are Uduophori and Odurubu. Both are in Patani LGA. I have been to a Odurubu , Urhobo language is the mother tongue of the people there.

Other ethnic groups in Delta State are :

1. Isoko ( they are kinda close to Urhobos in culture.)
2. Ijaw
3. Itsekiri
4. Ndokwa
5. Ika
6. Aniocha

No. 1- 3 are in Delta South Senatorial District as well. Major Isoko towns are Oleh and
Ozoro ( a university town).Major Ijaw towns are Burutu, Bomadi and Ogulagha.While major Itsekiri towns are Koko and Ugborodo ( Escravos).

NOTE: The the popular Warri city has Urhobo, Ijaw and Itsekiri axis.

No. 4-6 are in Delta North Senatorial District. The major Ndokwa towns are Obiaruku and Kwale. The major Ika towns are Agbor and Abavo. The Aniocha people are the core Igbo Speaking people of Delta State, they share cultural ties with Anambra State across the Niger.Major Aniocha towns are Asaba ( our state capital) and Isele-Uku/Ogwashi Uku.

Our outgoing governor, the loan master is from Ika ethnic group.
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by Blue3k(m): 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2023
garfield1:

grin you weirdos can finally stop arguing after the census is conducted. 26 comments and nobody bothers to quantify how many people are in each group. This is pure foolishness.

2 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by udeh3(m): 9:15pm On Jan 22, 2023
Jogs1900:
The Urhobo are more and they are the real Deltans.

So, the Itsekiris and the Isokos aren't real Deltans right?
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by OvisFranko: 9:25pm On Jan 22, 2023
Blue3k:

grin you weirdos can finally stop arguing after the census is conducted. 26 comments and nobody bothers to quantify how many people are in each group. This is pure foolishness.

Pure foolishness?

So you want to tell us that Delta State Ijaw are more than Urhobos in Delta State? or the Ikas , Aniochas are more than the Urhobos in Delta State?
Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by Blue3k(m): 12:12am On Jan 23, 2023
OvisFranko:

Pure foolishness?

So you want to tell us that Delta State Ijaw are more than Urhobos in Delta State? or the Ikas , Aniochas are more than the Urhobos in Delta State?

Yes, it is pure foolishness to debate about a topic you don't have any hard data. None of you can quantify the numbers of any tribe that's why you won't attempt it. No, I don't want to speculate which tribe is more because it's foolish to be without any data.

Unless you know the previous numbers and true fertility rates you can't even make an estimate. I'll simply wait for the census and get the answer when someone bothers to count. If you disagree rank the groups and state their numbers. When the census is released we'll compare.

3 Likes

Re: Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? by Captain8(m): 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2023
garfield1:

Cc mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nplfmod
Tutudesz
Aiel123
Ogidigbodigbo
Kennyprince
Ovisfranko
Efewestern
you will be in far away barren yeast and be giving wrong statistics.

(1) (Reply)

APC Northerners Burning Tinubu's Campaign Properties, Video / Facts Between Yorubas And Igbos / A Pakistani Is Mayor Of London And An Indian British Prime Minister- Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.