Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place (18369 Views)

Avoid These Four Types Of People At Work Place / Slave Masters At Work Place / Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by 1Sharon(f): 6:39pm On Jan 23, 2023
pocohantas:
Their favourite words are;

Mental health
PTSD
Literally

Once they use any or all of these words, they may not come to work the next day o.

Don't forget

"Toxic"
"Triggering"
"Narcissistic"

🤣

1 Like

Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by marlow1962(m): 6:47pm On Jan 23, 2023
TheRedpillguy:

Hehe and women only collects money from people they think have no value ... They will playing dress up and good girls for the rich guys.
Irony of life
Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by chccho(m): 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2023
meobizy:
If the story is true, I don’t see anything wrong in her action. Entry level to one man is pocket change to another. She could take the role and grow past it in a few months. Better she rejected it initially than get trained only to resign in nine months.

So, no crediting the original source? I wonder if many of you Nairalanders can create an original article to save your lives.
Just imagine what u typed!!!
Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by ifihearam: 8:20pm On Jan 23, 2023
Why would they give a hoot? one or two hook up a night would land them over 300k.

2 Likes

Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by waze63(m): 8:25pm On Jan 23, 2023
lavylilly:
I was asked to refer someone for a job in a company in the South East.

I shared this in my network and received a few CVs which I sent to the organization.

I had forgotten about this until a friend followed up with me about her sister's application. I inquired from the Hiring Manager and learned that this candidate was made an entry-level offer of a little over 90k by the company but she rejected the offer. Reason? The salary was too small, she wanted to be paid triple that amount.

Before then, her only work experience was about 15 months in a small provision store as a Sales Associate/Cashier on a salary that was well below 20k.

She didn't have the required experience but she was chosen for her positive attitude and potential to learn.

Recounting how she started her career from little beginnings, my friend was livid. She had become tired of supporting her sister financially and couldn't understand why she will turn down the opportunity and choose to continue leeching on her financially.

After her sister threatened to cut her financial support, the candidate had a change of heart and decided to take the job. But opportunities don't wait, another candidate had been offered the job.

Dear Young Professional,

It's okay to place yourself highly but are you highly skilled for the pay you want? Don't get me wrong, money is very good but there is a place of learning and a place of earning. We learn to earn. If the million-dollar job you want hasn't come, hold the 90k one while learning and developing yourself into the million-dollar talent that you aspire to become.

Companies pay for value, use that small money to make yourself a valuable talent and watch doors will open for you.

Selah!

Please I'm in need of a job and I'm based in the south east too incase you get such offer or any other one that can help.
Please reach me on 08032270997
Thanks
Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by R2bees2: 8:38pm On Jan 23, 2023
dohyn:
This is obviously a made up story for engagements. I'm not saying the OP who posted it here made it up but whoever first wrote this story, made it up.
Unfortunately, it's not very engaging otherwise plenty blogs would have carried the story. Still, nice try.
Sponsored post.. You have an eagle eye
Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by lavylilly: 9:34pm On Jan 23, 2023
waze63:

Please I'm in need of a job and I'm based in the south east too incase you get such offer or any other one that can help.
Please reach me on 08032270997
Thanks
Noted
Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by lavylilly: 10:19pm On Jan 23, 2023
Stormyweather:
I can relate. I've experienced worse with this Gen Z people. You'll call a candidate who is looking for job and the candidate's phone will be on standby DND. One gave me an excuse that she doesn't like calls. She then went on to say that the recruiter is supposed to text her instead of calling. The one that rejected Salary of 80k because no staff bus and the location is Costain to Marina. Funnily enough, the candidate is not working but according to her, she's looking for a job. They want to earn big whilst doing nothing. Invite them for physical interview and they'll say "can't it be virtual?"

Wo make them rest abeg
Interns at workplace

I have seen many bad practices about interns in this part of the world. Seriously, many interns I know have suffered serious humiliation in some organizations. They are rather seen as errand boys and girls rather than people who should be taught to improve in the career.
Interns should be treated as our colleagues, our protégés, future professionals, mentees, our student and people who can support us. We should not treat them as helpless useless people. They have values to add to us as much as we have values to add to them.
An intern once came to my office from Covenant University. He sees me working day and night on Microsoft excel to complete a research work. After a few days, he offered to assist me and I gave him my laptop. What took me 8 days to do was completed in about 5 hours of work. He knows Microsoft Excel more than me. I turned him into my own excel teacher. I owe him a lot of thanks till date.
There’s a great mutual values we can share with interns if we don’t disdain them.
Interns are humans we should dignify. They are resourceful.

Shout out to all interns out there!

4 Likes

Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by BennyDGreat: 10:40pm On Jan 23, 2023
damosky12:
They will learn.

A 90k job for an inexperienced graduate is actually a good deal for a regular office job. People rise through the ranks.

Top managers earning 500k upwards mostly started as graduate trainees. But they showed diligence, loved their jobs, and rose through the rank.

I blame social media for the poor mentality of our crops of graduates today. The fake lives and lies they see being brandished is taking its toll on them. No one would wake-up one day and just decide to pay a naive, fresh graduate 250k for sitting in an office doing next to little.

Take-up the 70k, 90k job and gather experience... In months, you'll be grateful you did. Don't be fooled by the phantom high earners on social media.

Some coys pay 250k for fresh graduate sha

3 Likes

Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by BennyDGreat: 10:43pm On Jan 23, 2023
HardMirror:
i intentionally used the word "issue" i know we love giving nice politically correct words to issues. More the reason why I thought you dont stay in Nigeria because you even know the "trigger" words and how to sugarcoat it.
People want money but they are not ready to work. I have a lady in my team, she is always complaining instead of working. Always has excuse not to deliver her job. I think she is from Russia originally. Her matter done tire me. Funny thing is they have never queried her sef. I so hate it when she comes with her lamba.

If the overall performance is great, she will never get a query but that means some persons on that team would be working more than they ought to
Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by expert234: 11:59pm On Jan 23, 2023
meobizy:
If the story is true, I don’t see anything wrong in her action. Entry level to one man is pocket change to another. She could take the role and grow past it in a few months. Better she rejected it initially than get trained only to resign in nine months.

So, no crediting the original source? I wonder if many of you Nairalanders can create an original article to save your lives.

It only happens that the person seeking high entry level salary is living off the sweat of another person with zero hope of being able to survive or feed herself without her beneficiary
Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by Stormyweather(m): 5:59am On Jan 24, 2023
lavylilly:
Interns at workplace

I have seen many bad practices about interns in this part of the world. Seriously, many interns I know have suffered serious humiliation in some organizations. They are rather seen as errand boys and girls rather than people who should be taught to improve in the career.
Interns should be treated as our colleagues, our protégés, future professionals, mentees, our student and people who can support us. We should not treat them as helpless useless people. They have values to add to us as much as we have values to add to them.
An intern once came to my office from Covenant University. He sees me working day and night on Microsoft excel to complete a research work. After a few days, he offered to assist me and I gave him my laptop. What took me 8 days to do was completed in about 5 hours of work. He knows Microsoft Excel more than me. I turned him into my own excel teacher. I owe him a lot of thanks till date.
There’s a great mutual values we can share with interns if we don’t disdain them.
Interns are humans we should dignify. They are resourceful.

Shout out to all interns out there!
?
Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by davidadenrele: 6:18am On Jan 24, 2023
quote author=meobizy post=120300560]If the story is true, I don’t see anything wrong in her action. Entry level to one man is pocket change to another. She could take the role and grow past it in a few months. Better she rejected it initially than get trained only to resign in nine months.

So, no crediting the original source? I wonder if many of you Nairalanders can create an original article to save your lives.[/quote]

Oga a lot is wrong in her action!! How much is she expecting to be paid for an entry level job in this harsh economic period 150K?? an old adage says when you roast a yam in a fire, you look out for a knife, to roll it, how much do you think her sister will give her as stipends every month? to buy sanitary pad and roll on and do her hair a Gen Z babe ooo? nothing ever compares to having your money without having explain to elder to your sister what you need to with 20k or 40k as adult, If she can endure to be paid 20K a month in a provision store why can't she endure to accept 90K for a start for an entry level job, fine we can argue to say she has a choice but it's better than earning 20K a month for a Gen Z babe, when life gives you lemon you change it to a lemonade, if she accept the offer and put on the same positive attitude she has always put on at work it's very certain she will stand out and her 90k could be increased to 250k even at that same entry level I know of a front desk lady that earns that as much 300k due to her excellent customer service relationship with clients am talking from 17years of working experience if you asked me she's lazy very unrealistic and cannot see beyond her nose, and obviously comparing herself to other peers elsewhere ole daarun mtcheew!!

1 Like

Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by Franklydes(m): 7:07am On Jan 24, 2023
damosky12:
They will learn.

A 90k job for an inexperienced graduate is actually a good deal for a regular office job. People rise through the ranks.

Top managers earning 500k upwards mostly started as graduate trainees. But they showed diligence, loved their jobs, and rose through the rank.

I blame social media for the poor mentality of our crops of graduates today. The fake lives and lies they see being brandished is taking its toll on them. No one would wake-up one day and just decide to pay a naive, fresh graduate 250k for sitting in an office doing next to little.

Take-up the 70k, 90k job and gather experience... In months, you'll be grateful you did. Don't be fooled by the phantom high earners on social media.
omo you finish work. Thank you
Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by NoToPile: 9:19am On Jan 24, 2023
Stormyweather:
I can relate. I've experienced worse with this Gen Z people. You'll call a candidate who is looking for job and the candidate's phone will be on standby DND. One gave me an excuse that she doesn't like calls. She then went on to say that the recruiter is supposed to text her instead of calling. The one that rejected Salary of 80k because no staff bus and the location is Costain to Marina. Funnily enough, the candidate is not working but according to her, she's looking for a job. They want to earn big whilst doing nothing. Invite them for physical interview and they'll say "can't it be virtual?"

Wo make them rest abeg

Doesn't like calls as how?

Hian shocked wait the same Costain to marina abi another Costain no dey Lagos nau?

Well different organization different problems, the one I am facing is the 2 contract staffs (graduates oo) I have working with me can't operate MS Office, angry
I was given an IT student from Noun who will leave in april, the young lady is the only one giving me rest of mind, her reports are perfect almost zero errors when I read through any thing she does, I am practically dreading when she will leave.

They now gave me a Corper last week only for me to give that one a memo to type and she was telling me it's been a while used Ms word, I was livid, I had to ask how she did her project, she said it's café. by fire by force she did it with the help of one of her other collegues.

Three of them use smartphones oo and are Facebooking Instagraming and all.

I have worked with wonderful Corpers, IT students even contract staff in the past and they were so wonderful on the job, I just don't know what happened that it's my unit they are posting all these people to.

Anyway I can't complain, na so govt work dey be sometimes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by Stormyweather(m): 11:08am On Jan 24, 2023
NoToPile:

Hian shocked wait the same Costain to marina abi another Costain no dey Lagos nau?

Well different organization different problems, the one I am facing is the 2 contract staffs (graduates oo) I have working with me can't operate MS Office, angry
I was given an IT student from Noun who will leave in april, the young lady is the only one giving me rest of mind, her reports are perfect almost zero errors when I read through any thing she does, I am practically dreading when she will leave.

They now gave me a Corper last week only for me to give that one a memo to type and she was telling me it's been a while used Ms word, I was livid, I had to ask how she did her project, she said it's café. by fire by force she did it with the help of one of her other collegues.

I have worked with wonderful Corpers, IT students even contract staff in the past and they were so wonderful on the job, I just don't know what happened that it's my unit they are posting all these people to.

same Costain that is almost at the back of Marina o. They can't learn anything on their own. They have personal laptops but it's solely to watch movies.

1 Like

Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by Nobody: 11:31am On Jan 24, 2023
siofra:
If any job stress me too much, I'm not doing again.
If you like call me lazy☺️

You will not stress my life because of 30k.

U r unemploy & all ways on nairaland 23 outter 24 hour...STOP LYING AGAIN SIOFRA!!!(no oofencsse) angry
Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by lavylilly: 11:01am On Jan 25, 2023
shocked
NoToPile:

Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by HarunaWest(m): 11:24am On Jan 25, 2023
The Gen-Z corper posted under me is a professional candy crush player. She no wan do anything. She just came to rest and chill. Me sef dey encourage am, na she dey run small small errands for office after all we can't be paying her for doing nothing. After her service, I will request another corper, if them no help,na to get any serious intern. I can't come and kill myself.

3 Likes

Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by lavylilly: 11:44am On Jan 25, 2023
grin
HarunaWest:
The Gen-Z corper posted under me is a professional candy crush player. She no wan do anything. She just came to rest and chill. Me sef dey encourage am, na she dey run small small errands for office after all we can't be paying her for doing nothing. After her service, I will request another corper, if them no help,na to get any serious intern. I can't come and kill myself.
Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by lavylilly: 3:54am On Jan 29, 2023
Stormyweather:

Wo make them rest abeg
With the fuel scarcity Haba, what's the difference between physical and virtual

1 Like

Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by Hamachi(f): 2:50pm On Feb 01, 2023
As a hiring manager and an employer for several years, I have learnt a lot about people.

Lessons that stood out were;

1. Not all jobless people who seek employment are willing to do what it takes to keep the jobs

2. A lot of people who claim to desperately need an income, are not willing to do what it takes to earn it or keep earning it

3. People who claim to desperately need jobs often than not end up being bad hires. Majority want the sympathy associated with their situation and not necessarily the opportunity to change the situation

On this platform, I have received thousands of messages from job seekers, some of whom I invited for interviews or linked them up with interviews and never showed up.

I have also posted job opportunities here and would receive messages right after interviews from a follower asking for opportunities

We have had people apply and invited for interviews and only 60-70% would show up for the interviews, 50% of whom would be Ill prepared.

I have linked up people with opportunities with peers and they would quit for flimsy reasons such as ‘it is far from home’

Workforce management has become a huge challenge, let’s not even delve into the Generation Z…. That’s a thesis topic for a PHD.

#hiring

1 Like

Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by lavylilly: 12:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
grin
Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by QuinModah(f): 3:19pm On May 28, 2023
grin
Re: Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place by Danpotter(m): 4:05am On May 29, 2023
Are you in need of a real USA Number to verify your online accounts ? If Yes, then send me a message on my inbox to get one right away.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NGO Work Or Bank Work? / What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview / WAEC Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.