Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? (13424 Views)

5 Types Of People That Easily Attract Mosquitoes / Lady Makes A Collection Of All The Mosquitoes She Has Killed (Pictured) / Importance Of Mosquitoes In The Eco System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by everythinggirly(f): 6:52am On Jan 23, 2023
This question depends on where you live, if you're staying in a dirty environment, count them as your friend.
This is your health we're talking about, get yourself a mosquito net, make sure you close your windows/doors before 6pm.

Good life na sense.
Be safe.

Kindly contact me for your academic research writing!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by nickmarker(m): 6:54am On Jan 23, 2023
Buy this bulb for different areas of your house. You can thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Honchoslim16(m): 6:55am On Jan 23, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
I won't comment what's on my mind because it's my fellow lady kiss kiss

I thought it's one of these mis*rable Redpillers grin grin

Meanwhile,,

Nigerian men are becoming useless by the day, all of them sad sad
C'mon get a life and stop been on some Bullsh!t

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by peacettw: 6:55am On Jan 23, 2023
Mosquito net
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Dbegining: 6:56am On Jan 23, 2023
Use Insecticide frequently😉

Meanwhile, wetin do nairaland this morning?🤔

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Nobody: 6:57am On Jan 23, 2023
U can't get rid of mosquito... malaria is in the DNA of Africans.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by vowiski(m): 6:57am On Jan 23, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

Meanwhile,,

Says Auntie who sleeps and wakes up with Di%ck in her mouth.. 😂

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by judedwriter(m): 6:59am On Jan 23, 2023
Mosquito net...... Open your windows for ventilation.

But mosquito nets are not 100% safe. Some parasites still sneak their way in.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by peacettw: 6:59am On Jan 23, 2023
Abizz:
I rather get bitten by a snake than mosquitoes.
That's how much I hate them.
Just order for these foldable mosquitoe nets from Jumia. Should not be more than 9k plus delivery.

Won't just stop you from mosquito bites, it will also beautify your home.

Looks nice but unfortunately it does not last. I can very much attest to this after using a couple of it several years ago.

@op Get the traditional mosquito nets. Find a good carpenter to install 4 sturdy long rods (not wood for durability) at every corner of your bed. Those rods should have a small 'hook' for attaching the mosquito nets..And that's it.

Be careful of using these insecticides overzealously particularly if you have kids. Someone mentioned using the odorless types. That's dangerous. It can cause organophosphate poisoning and the treatment is not your usual milk etc.

Also look into installing window nets to promote adequate ventilation in your homes. Shutting all windows will only make you uncomfortable

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 7:00am On Jan 23, 2023
You need to block any opening from your ceiling, there are mosquitoes entering your room from there.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Raylight2(m): 7:01am On Jan 23, 2023
birchwood:
[b][/b]I’ve tried spraying insecticide so many times, I even leave my windows shut in this hot weather to keep the insecticide in after days. I don’t know what to do, there’s no standing water anywhere near my windows, it’s becoming unbearable and i might not sleep this night because of them. Please help me with solutions

Get a broom. Not APC kind of broom. That one is FAKE

SNIPER is your friend. Let it cool off before you get into the room though
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by KINGTELLER: 7:01am On Jan 23, 2023
Mosquito net is the cheapest and fastest way. It's been more than 4yrs I had a mosquito bite.🦟

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by RulerIAm(m): 7:04am On Jan 23, 2023
dawnomike:
Use a mosquito net
simple. I don't even use insecticide anymore. I just sleep inside the net.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by kunle75(m): 7:04am On Jan 23, 2023
birchwood:
[b][/b]I’ve tried spraying insecticide so many times, I even leave my windows shut in this hot weather to keep the insecticide in after days. I don’t know what to do, there’s no standing water anywhere near my windows, it’s becoming unbearable and i might not sleep this night because of them. Please help me with solutions

Make sure there's no Bush around your house too
Sometimes people dump refuse indiscriminately around the house you need clear it for enough wind to freely blows.
Then fumigate
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by peacettw: 7:04am On Jan 23, 2023
adewaleadeyemi8:
You need to block any opening from your ceiling, there are mosquitoes entering your room from there.

Never thought of this. It all makes sense now
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Classicalman(m): 7:06am On Jan 23, 2023
SIMPLE. Sleep inside an insecticide treated mosquito net.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by peacettw: 7:06am On Jan 23, 2023
Raylight2:

Get a broom. Not APC kind of broom. That one is FAKE

SNIPER is your friend. Let it cool off before you get into the room though

Again, SNIPER should be used with lots of caution. Many parents have lost their kids to sniper. Use insecticide (which has been significantly diluted) and get a mosquito net
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by phemmyfour: 7:07am On Jan 23, 2023
birchwood:

You can't go wrong with Mosquito Net
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by twinskenny(m): 7:07am On Jan 23, 2023
birchwood:

do you sleep with fan? this may help
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by twinskenny(m): 7:08am On Jan 23, 2023
peacettw:

Never thought of this. It all makes sense now
you are right
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Raylight2(m): 7:09am On Jan 23, 2023
peacettw:

Again, SNIPER should be used with lots of caution. Many parents have lost their kids to sniper. Use insecticide (which has been significantly diluted) and get a mosquito net

Yes . Much caution

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by melonsgroup: 7:11am On Jan 23, 2023
nickmarker:
Buy this bulb for different areas of your house. You can thank me later.
good morning sir.
Please have you used this particular bulb?
B/cos the one I bought disappointed me
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Abizz: 7:12am On Jan 23, 2023
peacettw:

Looks nice but unfortunately it does not last. I can very much attest to this after using a couple of it several years ago.

Well, I won't totally write off your experience but I used mine at my former place for more than 2 years. No single tear all through, it all depends on the handling of it. Most people assume because it's not as thick as the traditional nets that it won't last but from my own experience, they aren't correct.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Chopcy29: 7:13am On Jan 23, 2023
Simply draw out your blood, pour it in a bowel and leave it for them at the doorstep. Thank me tomorrow’s morning when you wake

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by CaptainFM1: 7:21am On Jan 23, 2023
Always close your toilet bowls.

Flush drains with (mixture of Boiling water, Washing Soap, Salt and Baking Soda)

Check door seals, net seals and AC inlet, Kitchen extractor hole and other holes on the walls. Check they are properly sealed.

Internal ventilation. Ensure adequate ventilation in the room.

No soaking of clothes!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Equation89(m): 7:23am On Jan 23, 2023
Cut onions into two and place it on stainless plate and burn it inside your room and thank me leta.
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Nascence: 7:27am On Jan 23, 2023
I would suggest/advice you get a foldable mosquito tent net, or the conical type like these.

You can contact any of the lines on the pictures for one or more.

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by geraldo077: 7:31am On Jan 23, 2023
Make sure you do nets for your Windows and doors

Get Sniper insecticide (sold for 1200) and spray it.

Make sure you keep the environment clean, clear any nearby Bush etc

Get a mosquito net

Fumigate your environment
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by emmabest2000(m): 7:31am On Jan 23, 2023
birchwood:

Take a very good and long shower with a good and original shower gel before bed
Open your windows fully and sleep like a new born baby,
But make sure that the fresh air from your windows are enough to prevent sweat from your body
Sweat attracts mosquitoes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by PellsKodak: 7:33am On Jan 23, 2023
Sheistoopretty:

Meanwhile,,

Okpo you will craze soon undecided undecided
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by LadiesForever(f): 7:37am On Jan 23, 2023
datola:
That issue of mosquito is a serious menace here. Those who have jappaed also escaped malaria fever from mosquito bite.

Mosquitos are in many other countries too.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Mosquitoes? by Mcleo007(m): 7:40am On Jan 23, 2023
Get camphor and drop in different corners of your room. If your room is ensuite with bathroom and toilet, get you sniper and spray in the toilet and flush it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Discharges Four More Coronavirus Patients / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine / Health Benefits Of Watermelon Seeds:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.